A list of footballers worse than Ashley Young

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
What? I think you've lost your meds pal. What are you even trying to say?
Here's an easy questionnaire

Billy Blaggs said:
You're not a united supporter.

How old are you?

Have you ever seen a liverpool side so good that it made a mockery of us.?

A liverpool side that beat every team it played against?

A liverpool side that beat the best in Europe.
Steamrollered the European cup.

You'll go about Heysel and shit but their team was fecking great and we hated them for it.

The great team of Real Madrid got backpacking by liverpool

and we just went at it at Barcelona.

You're not utd fans. You never will be.

Meh

cyril C

Big question to those mid-30s footballers - getting old and tired generally mean slower pace, taking longer to recover your breath, can't catch up with those b-tard kids running at you every 2 min. BUT, your crossing, passing and delivery should be improving over time right? Just like golf, you can't play so many games in a week, can't hit as far, but your short game should improve as you get older? Somehow Young defy logic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was never good to begin with. Only good performance was that 8-2 vs Arsenal where the whole team played well.

Fergie after we lost to Barca in 2011 said there would be big changes in the summer to close the gap and he signed this clown.

The only reason fans appreciate him is because he sits in the away end sometimes when he ain’t playing. But at the end of the day he can sit in the away end all he likes, I just don’t want him playing. He’s one of the worst players to play for us. Even in his so called prime he was predictable. The worst thing is he has somehow lasted 8 years here and it’s going to be 9 soon. We should get the testimonial ready with our board of feckwits going to give him a new contract next year.
I agree. It's a farce that he's been a United player for this long. He's had steaks of acceptable levels of peformance which get hyped up as something miraculous because he's so mediocre in general. He offers effort and drive but he's always been a football meant for a lower level who somehow nearly a decade at a big club.

Bizarre.

amolbhatia50k

I don't think half of our so called fans know what they're actually watching these days, it's all stats this, stats that, Ashley didn't have a great game, so what, as a collective they did the club proud, probably driven on by the Captain who was erm, erm.....
They did the club proud?

No wonder our standards have slipped when this is a praise worthy peformance.

ErranMorad

I don't think half of our so called fans know what they're actually watching these days, it's all stats this, stats that, Ashley didn't have a great game, so what, as a collective they did the club proud, probably driven on by the Captain who was erm, erm.....
Jesus! This is not some mid-table club where valiant effort is all that is needed.

SeaCarrot

Good lord these deluded fools above.

So proud, amazing effort. What nonsense.

Came up against a team we were equal to a decade ago, and now scared of, barely worthy of sharing a pitch with. Sums up the downfall and liverpoolisation of the club.Wont win anything but a tin pot cup for the next 2 decades while we “go again” each week.

Young is shit, was never United quality a decade ago and isn’t now. Mid table prem player at his best. But big effort from the boys, they were never in it but yeah, so valiant. So proud.

It’s like you guys want to be shite, want to sit back and go “yeah I’m a real fan, I was there for the good and I’m still here now we are shite.”

Wouldn’t be surprised to say we have outspent Barca this decade and NONE of our players would get in their team tonight based on that performance. How pathetically mismanaged this club is from the top down.

I like Ole a lot, but him picking Young every week makes me think he doesn’t have the ruthless streak you need to be a top manager. Can’t drop his mates.

Pathetic display.

amolbhatia50k

It's fecking Barcelona.with Messi at its helm.

When was the last time time you've ever seen us walk all over them?
Who said anything about walking all over them?

So what if it's Barcelona? Roma hammered them last season. Villarreal nearly hammered them this past weekend only to mess it up but still scored 4 goals. Teams play football against this Barcelona team. They're very good but teams take them on. We didn't do that very well. I don't see why we should be proud. We should be proud of supporting such a wonderful football club and it's great to be the semis after awhile but we should be proud of excellence. We won't achieve that if we keep feeling proud of average peformances.

ErranMorad

So what if it's Barcelona? Roma hammered them last season. Villarreal nearly hammered them this past weekend only to mess it up but still scored 4 goals. Teams play football against this Barcelona team. They're very good but teams take them on. We didn't do that very well. I don't see why we should be proud. We should be proud of supporting such a wonderful football club and it's great to be the semis after awhile but we should be proud of excellence. We won't achieve that if we keep feeling proud of average peformances.
Correct. If anything the game proved that some of our preconceived notions about this being "Barcelona" were incorrect. We played a good team last night that was there for the taking. Their midfield and defense are nothing special and could be easily get at.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

This is the point I often make when discussing football on the caf with some posters, sometimes they see things with no shade of grey. It's either 0 or 1 which I find nuts.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
We lose 1-0 on an away goal and Ashley Young gets scapegoated again. You guys are pathetic
Did you watch him?

I am proud of the display yesterday and I'm proud of most of the players. McTominay was arguably our best player.

However, Young was utter trash. Did he deliver one successful cross?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Well I played with a centre half once who forgot his boots. that may be worse

Siorac

We lose 1-0 on an away goal and Ashley Young gets scapegoated again. You guys are pathetic
No one's saying we lost because of him. We're just saying he's a terrible footballer these days, which he is.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Jesus! This is not some mid-table club where valiant effort is all that is needed.
It's a club that's been mismanaged for years and 1 that was very much a mid table club at the end of November.
A wee bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss here, we are a fair way off being able to really compete at this level at this particual time, so yes, it was a decent performance from the lads last night.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It's a club that's been mismanaged for years and 1 that was very much a mid table club at the end of November.
A wee bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss here, we are a fair way off being to really compete at this level at this particual time, so yes, it was a decent performance from the lads last night.
It was a good performance from the lads. Just not from Young.

SSSSnake

He's had 2 really bad games. But I wont lay into him. We should have got rid of him 2 seasons ago. He was clearly not good enough to be a starter so why now? We are patching holes in our squad with players like him. Eddy needs to get the cheque book out and sign a proper right back. We are so far off the pace it's scary.

Pughnichi

Come on guys. He ain’t what we need right now but he has been a decent squad member for a good few years now. Yes, absolutely he shouldn’t be starting next season and we move on but give the guy a break.

Reactions: langster

Treble

I've never been a big fan of Young but this thread is pathetic and shows how fickle (or dare I say it daft) fans can be.

Young has been a decent servant of the club. It's not his fault that we don't have a better RB than him which is the reason why both Jose and Ole have played him.

padzilla

Hipster
Young works hard and genuinely seems to give a stuff about United, there are some in our squad who the same cannot be said about.

It really is not his fault that we have not bothered to solve the problem at right back and keep asking him to play there.

Blame the lack of proper in depth investment into key parts of the squad and mismanagement of other players.

For example is there who believes Young is a better choice than Daley Blind at the back - who was sold for peanuts.

Sylar

Young works hard and genuinely seems to give a stuff about United, there are some in our squad who the same cannot be said about.

It really is not his fault that we have not bothered to solve the problem at right back and keep asking him to play there.

Blame the lack of proper in depth investment into key parts of the squad and mismanagement of other players.

For example is there who believes Young is a better choice than Daley Blind at the back - who was sold for peanuts.
Agree with this. His attempt at crossing or trying to take on a man, or anything right now is so annoying, but it would be like people getting annoyed at me for their manager sticking me up front for Barca and then subbing Messi off on 50 minutes instead of me.

Bojan11

He's had 2 really bad games. But I wont lay into him. We should have got rid of him 2 seasons ago. He was clearly not good enough to be a starter so why now? We are patching holes in our squad with players like him. Eddy needs to get the cheque book out and sign a proper right back. We are so far off the pace it's scary.
Just 2 really bad games? He’s been thrash most of this season and his crossing is shocking. The amazing thing is you expect a winger turned fullback to be better at attacking than defending. But somehow for Young his defending is slightly better than his attacking.