A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

TheReligion

Abusive
The players let him down imo, plus they need a new back 5.

Lloris - declining
Aurier - clown
Toby - very slow
Verts - too slow
Rose - too inconsistent/average
I think they still have good players and a good back 4. I like Toby, Verts and Rose. Would have them at United. Lloris is garbage though and always has a mistake in him. Aurier is also a liability.

Thinking about it the whole squad is underperforming. Deli has vanished and is a shadow of the player he consistently was and they really haven't replaced Dembele.

Kane and Son are the only two consistent performers at the moment but to me it certainly seems there's huge issues behind the scenes. They should have moved players on in the summer that didn't want to stay or re-sign. The likes of Toby, Verts and Erikson are three of their best players and spine yet none really want to be at the club. When you add to that the fact they were trying to get rid of Rose to Watford the majority of their starting XI has mentally checked out of the club.

Horrible situation and has probably caused friction in the dressing room and behind the scenes with Poch and Levy. Just my thoughts. Be interested to see if any of the Spurs crew have a take on it?

@balaks @InLevyITrust @SquishyMcSquish

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I m enjoying that Spurs fan are turning on Poch. When they realize how hard it is to finish top four without him, reaching champions league final, being the top team in the league in 16/17 in regards to xg, and start competing with Everton for the most overrated squad, they will be on their knees asking for Pochettino back. Arsenal fans sees how hard life is after Wenger even after spending so much. Spurs might even get relegated post Poch. It will be a joy to watch.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I m enjoying that Spurs fan are turning on Poch. When they relieve how hard it is to finish top four without him, reaching champions league final, being the top team in the league in 16/17 in regards to xg, and start competing with Everton for the most overrated squad, they will be on their knees asking for Pochettino back. Arsenal fans sees how life after Wenger is even after spending so much. Spurs might even get relegated

My god you've somehow lost the plot more than I have, and it's my team that just conceded 7 at home.

ArjenIsM3

I m enjoying that Spurs fan are turning on Poch. When they realize how hard it is to finish top four without him, reaching champions league final, being the top team in the league in 16/17 in regards to xg, and start competing with Everton for the most overrated squad, they will be on their knees asking for Pochettino back. Arsenal fans sees how hard life is after Wenger even after spending so much. Spurs might even get relegated post Poch. It will be a joy to watch.
Yeah.. no.

mu4c_20le

"Spurs might even get relegated post Poch" relax they dont have Woodward as CEO

Nick7

It’s all gone tits up hasn’t it? I think last summer was a breaking point for them. They hobbled through bad form to get to the CL final out of sheer determination but last summer being a nothing summer for them meant they were stagnating.

Alli seems to have gone missing, Eriksen wants out, their decent defenders are all another year older, and they never really refreshed the midfield. Ndombele was a good purchase but should have been a supplement to and improved midfield from last year.

Also they need full backs. They have none.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
:lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think they still have good players and a good back 4. I like Toby, Verts and Rose. Would have them at United. Lloris is garbage though and always has a mistake in him. Aurier is also a liability.

Thinking about it the whole squad is underperforming. Deli has vanished and is a shadow of the player he consistently was and they really haven't replaced Dembele.

Kane and Son are the only two consistent performers at the moment but to me it certainly seems there's huge issues behind the scenes. They should have moved players on in the summer that didn't want to stay or re-sign. The likes of Toby, Verts and Erikson are three of their best players and spine yet none really want to be at the club. When you add to that the fact they were trying to get rid of Rose to Watford the majority of their starting XI has mentally checked out of the club.

Horrible situation and has probably caused friction in the dressing room and behind the scenes with Poch and Levy. Just my thoughts. Be interested to see if any of the Spurs crew have a take on it?

I think you are spot on, it's not all Pochs fault as Levy has to take a lot of the blame also for the fecking shambles that were our last few transfer windows but it looks to me like the moral in the squad has completely gone.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

No idea is my answer I’m to drunk il get back to you.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Amazing, you tell em Amadaeus :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Poch isn't perfect you know

wr8_utd

:'(
He's going to replace Ole by Christmas. Lets just hope Zidane can avoid the sack till March.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I seriously don't understand how people are still clamouring for this guy.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Weird reactions, are managers not allowed bad periods? Klopp was 18th or something in December with Dortmund in 2014/15 for comparison sake. Shit happens. Doesn't negate the progress he achieved with Spurs in the past years.

Johan07

Poch isn't perfect you know
I would not place to much blame on him.
You started tonight with two CBs that are on their last year of their contracts and probably both will be gone next summer. Also with two fullbacks that your club - reportedly - tried to actively get rid of this summer. And your star midfielder, who also will be gone nxt summer (because guess what, he is seeing out his contract) was benched. Its not really a recipe of success that.
So I feel a ltb sorry for the mess Pochettino has been put in by Levy.
That said: I did not think Pochettino would leave until nxt summer, but what just happened is what actually will make him to go prematurely.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Kane beating the shit out of Vertonghen because he shagged Erikssens Mrs will do it.
All out civil war in the dressing room

Judas

Open to offers
Weird reactions, are managers not allowed bad periods? Klopp was 18th or something in December with Dortmund in 2014/15 for comparison sake. Shit happens. Doesn't negate the progress he achieved with Spurs in the past years.
It's pathetic, isn't it? Apparently once you have a sticky spell as a manager you're ready for the retirement home.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Not really anything like it? United are struggling for other reasons.
Similar reasons, poor players that aren't up to it. Injuries to key players.

Yet because it's the CAF's lord and saviour, he's given a pass.