g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

Sauldogba

Say what you like about Glaston but hes very rarely wrong in the things he says with regards to Tottenham. Infact hes pretty much always been right.
Ive said it before but hes been right about Tottenham keeping their best players,right about Ali and Kane not kicking up a fuss because they are supposedly "underpaid" by premier league elite standards,was right about Oscar vs Eriksen,was right about Levy as a chairman,right about Tripper plus many other things.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
... It's an insult really the way Spurs fans talk of him - like he's some drone who has no ambition to step up to the next level ....
The next level is not managing a side that will, at best, be in the Europa League next season and has players that mostly wouldn't make it into the Spurs squad.

Some United fans have lost all sense of perspective as to where their club actually is right now. Things ain't what they used to be. Go out and find your own Pochettino.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Oh dear... read carefully and try to comprehend -

1. Unbiased - your quotes come from Martin Keown, some ex-Spuds player, the current Arse boss, an ex-Utd player famous for anti-Utd rhetoric and a year old quote from Mourinho that holds no relevance at all now.

If you genuinely think any of these hold water to the opinion of a respected, relevant and knowledgeable pundit like Carragher, then you're as deluded as the other Levyites in here.

Not sure you're aware who Carragher played for - but he has no tie to United ffs, and nothing against Spurs.

The sensible line from all calm, level-thinking individuals is that obviously, this is an absolutely wonderful opportunity for Pochettino.

He can make the step up to a truly Elite club, in a league he knows and suits, and be welcomed with a transfer kitty that is befitting for a manager of his ilk.

Here's what you have to understand - the magnitude of our great club is something that ambitious individuals will always be drawn to - here, Pochettino can achieve true greatness, he can make history and become an actual legend, rather than a servant in a businessman's private ambition.

Here, the standards are higher, the stakes are higher, and the rewards are higher, because - and pay attention now - we are the biggest club in the country.

Do you disagree with that?

If you genuinely can't take a step back, put your emotion and your ego to one side and see why it would be fantastic for Pochettino to join Man Utd, I'd suggest you're not capable of objective reason on this subject.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

1. Unbiased - your quotes come from Martin Keown, some ex-Spuds player, the current Arse boss, an ex-Utd player famous for anti-Utd rhetoric and a year old quote from Mourinho that holds no relevance at all now.

If you genuinely think any of these hold water to the opinion of a respected, relevant and knowledgeable pundit like Carragher, then you're as deluded as the other Levyites in here.

Not sure you're aware who Carragher played for - but he has no tie to United ffs, and nothing against Spurs.

The sensible line from all calm, level-thinking individuals is that obviously, this is an absolutely wonderful opportunity for Pochettino.

He can make the step up to a truly Elite club, in a league he knows and suits, and be welcomed with a transfer kitty that is befitting for a manager of his ilk.

Here's what you have to understand - the magnitude of our great club is something that ambitious individuals will always be drawn to - here, Pochettino can achieve true greatness, he can make history and become an actual legend, rather than a servant in a businessman's private ambition.

Here, the standards are higher, the stakes are higher, and the rewards are higher, because - and pay attention now - we are the biggest club in the country.

If you genuinely can't take a step back, put your emotion and your ego to one side and see why it would be fantastic for Pochettino to join Man Utd, I'd suggest you're not capable of objective reason on this subject.
Emery is also a good friend of Pochettino :lol:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
... The only way this gets put to bed is when Poch makes a public declaration one way or the other. ...
It won't happen like that. Pochettino will make no comment about it, Spurs will get on with their season and enjoy the electric atmosphere of our new stadium.

And as the summer approaches it will slowly dawn on United that it won't be happening. At which point, if you're wise, you'll go for Eddie Howe, or if you're unwise, you'll go for Zidane or some other established big name.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Emery is also a good friend of Pochettino :lol:
And the current manager of a rival club - if you're not capable of understanding that for Emery, the notion of Pochettino being backed by Manchester United would be a massive, and clear threat then you're deluded.

Pochettino at Spurs is manageable - that's proven, 4 years, nothing won.

Pochettino at Utd would be an absolutely huge threat for every other top club in the country.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The next level is not managing a side that will, at best, be in the Europa League next season and has players that mostly wouldn't make it into the Spurs squad.

Some United fans have lost all sense of perspective as to where their club actually is right now. Things ain't what they used to be. Go out and find your own Pochettino.
I can't help but wonder where your irrational hatred of United comes from. I could understand it if you were a Liverpool or City fan, but Spurs? Doesn't make any sense.

Our two clubs never were and never will be rivals. So where does the hate stem from?

Mindhunter

I think it is going to be difficult for us to pluck him away from Spurs at this moment. For any deal to happen, Pochettino will definitely need to ask for it himself - and ask strongly. Levy has all the cards in this game. He has him on a 4 year contract and has no reason to unsettle his club and start looking for a new manager in the middle of an ongoing season when his current one is on a 4 year deal that he can enforce.

The contingency here is if Pochettino is willing to burn his bridges at Spurs and go on strike (or something as severe). Unfortunately, no professional coach will try that route because he will be dead weight if we end up sacking him in a year. Nobody is going to trust him any more. The players who respect him will be alienated.

My sense is that he is going to react far more rationally. He will ask Levy about whether Spurs will sanction a move. We will approach them with a high transfer price and then its Levy's decision. If he doesn't relent, or asks for something obscene then we are far more likely to walk away and work on the other options that keep pursuing him for the rest of the year.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nail on the head.

I'm not saying I know whether Pochettino will stay, I've been consistent with that in this thread. I do think he will be tempted by the idea of managing a super club like Manchester United, and that he will be weighing up the decision in his mind carefully.

The point of posting those articles was to show exactly what you say, that the guys in the 'business' are split on the issue, because just like us they can only speculate. Carragher, Keown, whoever .. they don't know Pochettino personally, they can only guess at his character and ambitions, just because they have worked in football doesn't mean they know all the answers. Ex players make incorrect predictions all of the time. I don't think many Spurs fans in here have argued that Pochettino won't be tempted by United, have they? Most of us are aware that it's a big opportunity.
No explanation needed mate, you're a Spurs fan defending your club. Simple as that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It won't happen like that. Pochettino will make no comment about it, Spurs will get on with their season and enjoy the electric atmosphere of our new stadium.

And as the summer approaches it will slowly dawn on United that it won't be happening. At which point, if you're wise, you'll go for Eddie Howe, or if you're unwise, you'll go for Zidane or some other established big name.
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why the run risk or creating panic amongst the squad and his adoring fanbase, at a pivotal stage in the season I might add, when all he has to do is release a statement confirming his intentions one way or the other?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Yeah, Martin Keown. Known for being a massive Tottenham supporter, and Emery who again, as manager of Arsenal must adore our club and be totally biased in our favour. Not like he knows/has a friendship with Pochettino from the past, and possibly is a better insight to his character than Jamie Carragher who I don't even think has spoken to the man. Oh, anybody who doesn't have a rose tinted view of your current club is famous for anti-United rhetoric? Convenient. I mean, that negative rhetoric has continually been proven correct over the past few seasons, but hey ho! Also, how would that quote hold no relevance? One of the best managers in the world thought he would stay for years to come, I'm pretty sure he was aware that big jobs would be available at some point.

I actually laughed out loud at how much you're bigging up Carragher, so thanks for that. The paragon of football knowledge that is a sky sports pundit who spat at some teenage girl last year. We all know that pundits are football geniuses and always go on to demonstrate their football knowledge at the highest level, hence why it's mostly failed managers who end up there. He's a decent pundit with an opinion, nothing more. If you think I - or anybody with a brain - will be taking Carragher's insight as footballing gospel, you're one for the mad house.

Of course it's a great opportunity for Pochettino. It's also a colossal risk, and a move to a club with inferior players combined with huge expectations which have crushed the careers of three previous managers. You're 'Elite' but totally dysfunctional, with hundreds of millions spent to acquire a frankenstein's monster of a squad which simply will not suit the way Pochettino wants to play football. He will have to tear it up and start again, begin a new project but this time with a club which will pull the trigger if you don't deliver. Yes he will have transfer funds, but he will have a lot of work to do and no European football to work with next season, so the pressure will immediately be on to deliver that whilst attempting to transform your football and playing staff.

All these big words about you being the biggest, the best, the greatest .. you can't even get Paul Pogba to run for your shirt. Individuals will be drawn to big clubs, but the delusion is on your side if you think that an intelligent individual like Pochettino won't be looking at the current state of your team, the way your club has operated since Ferguson and the way the media will tear him apart at the first opportunity, and thinking 'why would I want that?'. He won't get the freedom to work on his project and develop players from within the club, he'll get 100 articles written about him after every defeat, and a million United fans screaming 'WAAAAA WE'RE MAN UNITED WE WIN TROPHIES' if he doesn't deliver results straight away.

Put my ego aside? You're the one sat here with the egotistical claims about how incredible and massive you are as a club, you're the one doing all the embarrassing dick waving and suddenly deciding Jamie Carragher is football's answer to Albert Einstein. The extent of what I have said is that Pochettino has a decision to make, the allure of joining one of football's biggest clubs vs remaining with a club where he is loved, where he has invested time in to a project which is unfinished, and a club which currently is competing better on the pitch than the one he would be joining. Will he be considering it? No doubt, it's a big opportunity .. but he's a young manager, with plenty of time, and the way you operate these days it's not a job which won't be available again in a season or so, let's be honest.

Pochettino will have no shortage of opportunities to make the step up, people are acting as if this is his do or die chance. He will make it when he feels it is the right chance, he won't want his first job at a 'super club' to be a failure, and the chance of failing at Manchester United right now seems pretty damn high considering one of the most successful managers of his generation is now a figure of fun. My suggestion is that whilst you're still a draw, you're not as alluring as you seem to think and there is absolutely a chance Pochettino could stay at Spurs. I'm prepared to wait before making arrogant assertions that I know exactly what decision he makes, maybe others should do the same.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Say what you like about Glaston but hes very rarely wrong in the things he says with regards to Tottenham. Infact hes pretty much always been right.
Ive said it before but hes been right about Tottenham keeping their best players,right about Ali and Kane not kicking up a fuss because they are supposedly "underpaid" by premier league elite standards,was right about Oscar vs Eriksen,was right about Levy as a chairman,right about Tripper plus many other things.
Well sure if you discount a lot of the things he says. Like the crazy idea that Spurs could just stop paying for Sissoko.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
No explanation needed mate, you're a Spurs fan defending your club. Simple as that.

It's not even really defending my club, I'm not interesting in dick waving .. we are nowhere near as big a club as Manchester United, and you will be an attraction. I just find it funny how people on both sides seem to believe they know what Pochettino will be thinking, or that it will be an easy decision for him to make. Personally I think there are both massive potential pros and cons to a move at this point, and I really have no idea about what choice he makes. Whatever he does choose I wish the best for him, because he's done fantastic work for the club and deserves to be respected for it. He doesn't owe us anything more.

I think there is arrogance on both sides of this debate, arrogance from United fans who assume they can muscle their way through no matter the situation, and arrogance from Spurs fans who forget you are one of the biggest clubs in the world and will always be a draw. I honestly wish people could just wait and see what will happen and that we could just be allowed to get on and enjoy the rest of the season, you guys with a club legend at the helm and us with a manager we genuinely adore. All this dick measuring talk reflects badly on both sides.

What will be will be, let's wait and see before anybody makes themselves look foolish come this time next season.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
It looks more and more like the club has spoken to Poch.
If he tells Levy he wants to leave all that has to be done is buy out the contract.
There was no reason than for Spurs not to allow him to talk about United.
He could have just said he was not interested in the job.

This time Fergie has got it right. Bringing in Ole and Phelan to steady the ship until Poch comes aboard.

the DoF position will also be filled, I'm sure with a person Poch can work with.

Red Dreams

It's not even really defending my club, I'm not interesting in dick waving .. we are nowhere near as big a club as Manchester United, and you will be an attraction. I just find it funny how people on both sides seem to believe they know what Pochettino will be thinking, or that it will be an easy decision for him to make. Personally I think there are both massive potential pros and cons to a move at this point, and I really have no idea about what choice he makes. Whatever he does choose I wish the best for him, because he's done fantastic work for the club and deserves to be respected for it. He doesn't owe us anything more.

I think there is arrogance on both sides of this debate, arrogance from United fans who assume they can muscle their way through no matter the situation, and arrogance from Spurs fans who forget you are one of the biggest clubs in the world and will always be a draw. I honestly wish people could just wait and see what will happen and that we could just be allowed to get on and enjoy the rest of the season, you guys with a club legend at the helm and us with a manager we genuinely adore. All this dick measuring talk reflects badly on both sides.

What will be will be, let's wait and see before anybody makes themselves look foolish come this time next season.
good post.

Its all speculation.

Spurs are a great club and your manager looks a solid guy with his feet on the ground. Its an agreement. No amount of money can move someone whose heart is not in it.
IF he does come to United it will be done with dignity on all sides.

BigDub

Supports
Spurs

In complete agreement with this perspective. Great post. Unfortunately this saga will continue to carry on into the summer in much the same vein it is currently.

Suedesi

Not for me personally, I'd Love Pochettino as he knows the PL, plays the right way and is a manager who deserves his chance at a truly Elite club.

But I'd genuinely be equally happy with ZZ, maybe more.

Great post, totally agree.

It's an insult really the way Spurs fans talk of him - like he's some drone who has no ambition to step up to the next level.

Very interesting from Carragher - hardly a pundit with United bias, or anti-Spurs.

Hopefully expert know-how like this from people in the business can help Spurs fans accept that what we're saying on here is basically just common sense.

If Mauricio Pochettino is offered the Manchester United job, he has to take it. That is a hard for Tottenham Hotspur supporters to accept. Sadly for them, it is inevitable that they are prey to a more powerful Premier League rival.

Hearing some arguments against Pochettino moving to Manchester United, I cannot help but think a reality check is needed. I do not write this to be disrespectful to Spurs. It goes without saying I am no United fan. I am obliged to assess as a neutral, trying to explain why – as the No 1 target – it will be tough for Pochettino to reject Old Trafford.

It does not matter how great Spurs’ new stadium is and how many supporters fill it. It does not even matter what they win this season or over the next few years. Spurs are not Manchester United. They will never be a big as Manchester United.

There is a footballing pyramid based on finance, history, status and global following. Manchester United will always be one of those at the top. Do not make the mistake of being distracted by what has happened at Old Trafford in the last five years. The United job will always be one of the world’s most attractive.

Since Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down, there has never been a better time to get it. It can only get better. They are 8th in the Premier League. They lost in the Carabao Cup to Derby County. The fans' immediate priority is entertainment, with title and Champions League ambitions following once the next manager has built his team. Whoever goes there and gets it right will keep the job for as long they want. It is not like Real Madrid where you can win the Champions League and get sacked, never mind go after a few bad results.

Because the last three appointments failed, there is a perception United have become like others, sacking on a whim. Nonsense. In the case of David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho, the United board acted reluctantly, arguably letting incompatible coaches stay too long.

Their next will be the 4th permanent manager in five years, so some say it is a risk going to United. Since Pochettino was the 4th Tottenham manager in two years when he took over at White Hart Lane in 2014, that is not likely to faze him. Didn't Spurs sack Harry Redknapp and Andre Villas-Boas after not qualifying for the Champions League?

Unless you endure a calamitous start you will get at least three years to rebuild at United. Moyes took over in different circumstances, under pressure to deliver a seamless transition with a title-winning team. Van Gaal was expected to oversee swift improvement even though, like Moyes, the squad he inherited needed reshaping. When Mourinho was appointed it was solely about winning trophies - which he did - but at the expense of the style of play the supporters are accustomed to.

None were the right fit. Pochettino is.

Now the supporters, and the club, want the traditional way of playing back. As I have written before, I believe there is a core of United players capable of instant improvement. It is not just about buying the best. It is about working with, coaching and developing those already there and giving youth a chance.

Questions like, ‘Why would Pochettino leave Tottenham now?’ amount to a loyalty plea. Pochettino owes Spurs nothing. He has done an unbelievable job with a fraction of United’s budget. What has taken four-and-a-half years to build at Tottenham can be achieved sooner with the players he inherits, the same clever management he has demonstrated in North London and astute signings.

Only Pochettino’s devotion to his current squad can keep him at Tottenham, allied to a belief he is on the verge of winning the biggest honours. Does he truly think he as at a club prepared to go that extra mile to do so? Where everything is geared towards being the best in Europe? The signs have been there since the summer that his team’s capacities are being stretched to the absolute limit. He expressed frustration at being unable to strengthen, losing ground to a Liverpool team he has finished above in each season until now. This long-term perspective will be the chief consideration should - as we expect - United call.

It is naïve to believe Pochettino will be content working at a club where qualifying rather than winning the Champions League is the measure of success. He does not want the comfort of knowing he is safe from the sack if he finishes in the top four. He wants to win the Premier League and Champions League. He knows which clubs are best equipped to do it, not just on the occasional basis, but every season. He knows these chances do not come around often. If he does not take it this time and an alternative candidate succeeds, it may never come around again.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy realises what is coming. He has long been regarded as one of the smartest operators in English football, so will have several calculations. Will he go to war to keep his manager? That rarely ends well. If a manager or player wants out you can retain them for a while but it happens eventually. Or is the priority maximising the financial benefits to Tottenham by letting him go?

I believe there should be transfer fees for managers as much as players. Manchester United paid £50 million for Fred, so why wouldn’t they pay £40m for one of the world’s most sought-after managers? What is more important?

My suspicion is an agreement will be reached that works for all parties this summer. If Pochettino departs at a considerable price, his successor might have more to spend than the current manager should he stay.

Despite suggesting they are about to embark on a thorough recruitment process, United are acting like they already have someone in mind - an individual they know cannot be recruited until the end of the season. The appointment of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is the biggest hint. In Solksjaer, United have moved for an interim boss who is highly unlikely to get the job full-time. Just like as a player, he will be happy to return to the sidelines to make way for the first choice.

It seems like United did not want to make matters complicated by recruiting a more established European coach - and there are plenty available - who might come for six months and perform so well it would have been difficult not to extend his contract.

Would Laurent Blanc have accepted the same arrangement, with no prospect of staying even if he led a revival?

It is already football’s worst kept secret that United want Pochettino. It would be one of football’s biggest surprises if they do not get him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
We do.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
"... is now starting to tapering off": this means from the present day onwards. You referred to the summer past, so yes it seems you struggle with the different between past, present and future, And besides I already pointed our increased spending on wages in the summer and since then. Moreover, our zero spend on transfers in the summer is down to not being willing to pay the price asked, not because we had no money at all.

Alderweireld will likely be sold in the summer if he doesn't sign a new contract. Eriksen is an ongoing discussion.
Isn't that a concern for a 'big club'
You're struggling to negotiate a contract with two of your big players.
And on top of that, transfer fees are going up. Levy never wants to pay the going rate. You'll get left behind with this mentality

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Well said, have a cookie.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I agree with the sentiment completely.

I think it's 50-50 at this point. On the one hand, he has an opportunity to change the fortunes of one of the biggest clubs in the world, on the other hand, he will be reluctant to leave Spurs on the eve of their move to a new stadium. It stands to reason that he will feel obliged to assist with the bedding-in period at the very least.

TheAlpineKlopp

Supports
Southampton
2) It would force United into appointing a permanent manager other than Pochettino in the summer. Don't under-estimate Levy's determination, following the Berbatov saga all those years ago, to never again do any deal with United that he doesn't want to do: United seriously damaged any relationship they had with Spurs at that time.
That's scraping the barrell ...just a tad.

Believe me, if we can do business with Liverpool (ref: Danny Ings) after what they did to us over Van Dijk, then that's all the proof you need to know that lot's of money and lots of promises "buries the hatchet".

That was the WORST case of tapping up I've ever seen and I didn't think it got much worse than Steven Gerrard over Lallana.

So that's the first point.

Second point.

Yesterdays presser was very telling.

If Levy was so worried about Poch's primitive english being spun, he could have sat alongside him and ended this full stop, by simply saying "he's going nowhere"..etc..etc.. and all Poch would have had to do was nod his head.

The spurs press officer was literally petrified of the question being asked.

Personally, I think this is as good as a done deal and Poch and Levy are just waiting for a more appropriate time to p*ss the fans off, especially with the new stadium looming.

You'd have to be extremely naive (at best) to think Poch isn't their number one target.

Last edited by a moderator:

Olril18

If pochetinno did not win anything again this season, perhaps he may begin to rethink his position as Tottenham boss and this whole project people are going on about.

The fact,however is that even though Tottenham has been consistently finishing within top 4,they have won nothing and Clubs they finished higher than in the previous seasons has gone on to win the EPL or even finish above them the following seasons.

Leicester may have returned back to mediocrity, yet they won the EPL and Tottenham couldn't take advantage of the big teams' inconsistency that season.
Worthy of note is that Chelsea finished 10th that season but won the EPL the following season.

Then Manchester city,a club Tottenham finished above the previous season Chelsea won the league then won the EPL the following season.

This season, Tottenham is not even in the mix for the title,though the cups are still up for grab.

The only theme constant through all these seasons is that Spurs finished within top 4.
If United get a good coach and back him with funds,I will not be surprise to see Tottenham finish within top 4 but United winning the title, heck,last season they even finish above Tottenham.

Not so sure with all these poch will not be looking and thinking he has done the best he can for Tottenham.

Poch will not last long in spurs, next summer or probably the next one after, I can see him leave,especially if trophies continue to elude him.

Last edited by a moderator:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I can't help but wonder where your irrational hatred of United comes from. I could understand it if you were a Liverpool or City fan, but Spurs? Doesn't make any sense.

Our two clubs never were and never will be rivals. So where does the hate stem from?
I don't see any hatred in what I posted.

I was told that Poch going to United would be going to "the next level" compared to Spurs. It's not unreasonable for me to have pointed out in reply that "The next level is not managing a side that will, at best, be in the Europa League next season and has players that mostly wouldn't make it into the Spurs squad."

Red14Devil9

I am not sure about Pochettino. He has done alright at Tottenham, but he is lacking trophies to back up his ability, while he is also managing the best Tottenham's squad probably since the 60's. I think that we should appoint someone that has a bit more trophies to his name.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why the run risk or creating panic amongst the squad and his adoring fanbase, at a pivotal stage in the season I might add, when all he has to do is release a statement confirming his intentions one way or the other?
There is no risk of panic amongst the squad. Don't you imagine that they already know the score seeing as they work with Pochettino on an almost daily basis?

As for the fan base, I'm sure some will be agitated but then fans get agitated by all sorts of things and it doesn't really affect the team's performance

Red Dreams

I was told that Poch going to United would be going to "the next level" compared to Spurs. It's not unreasonable for me to have pointed out in reply that "The next level is not managing a side that will, at best, be in the Europa League next season and has players that mostly wouldn't make it into the Spurs squad."
short sighted too eh?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Isn't that a concern for a 'big club'
You're struggling to negotiate a contract with two of your big players.
And on top of that, transfer fees are going up. Levy never wants to pay the going rate. You'll get left behind with this mentality
Every club faces such issues from time to time. Don't United have a contract-renewal issue with de Gea?

As for transfer fees going up and up, some believe, Levy included, that a bubble collapse is approaching. He's a clever guy and might be right.

As for Levy never wanting to pay the going rate, we've had other calls on our money for the last several years, but that didn't stopped him sanctioning 40m euros for Davinson Sanchez 18 months ago.

Olril18

In the Leicester season,you finished third,way higher than 4th place Chelsea.
we both knew who won the league the following season.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
That's scraping the barrell ...just a tad.

Believe me, if we can do business with Liverpool (ref: Danny Ings) after what they did to us over Van Dijk, then that's all the proof you need to know that lot's of money and lots of promises "buries the hatchet".

That was the WORST case of tapping up I've ever seen and I didn't think it got much worse than Steven Gerrard over Lallana.

So that's the first point.

Second point.

Yesterdays presser was very telling.

If Levy was so worried about Poch's primitive english being spun, he could have sat alongside him and ended this full stop, by simply saying "he's going nowhere"..etc..etc.. and all Poch would have had to do was nod his head.

The spurs press officer was literally petrified of the question being asked.

Personally, I think this is as good as a done deal and Poch and Levy are just waiting for a more appropriate time to p*ss the fans off, especially with the new stadium looming.

You'd have to be extremely naive (at best) to think Poch isn't their number one target.
With great respect, Spurs in relation to United is not in the same category as S'hampton in relation to Liverpool. And Levy is a tough cookie.

As for Poch, I agree that it's quite likely that he is United's No. 1 target. But haven't said that Levy is worried about his primitive english being spun. It's obvious that it was agreed with Pochettino beforehand that questions about United would not be entertained, just as it's obvious that press officer knew beforehand that such questions would be raised.

OK, you think Poch will leave for United this summer. We shall see if you are right.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I do as well sometimes tbf :lol:

I never saw that tbf.
Not surprising, since I never said it. It's just the latest in a long line of fabrications from desperate posters who resort to telling lies.

What I did do is cite a journalist who claimed to know the details of the deal: Tom Collomose of the London Evening Standard, who said that the payments are in five instalments of £6m, with the deal being structured so that the full amount will be paid only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract.

Whether this is accurate or not I've no way of knowing.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
In the Leicester season,you finished third,way higher than 4th place Chelsea.
we both knew who won the league the following season.
So think United will win the league title next season?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So think United will win the league title next season?
Nobody can say for sure where any side will be at the end of next season, it's so long away.
Tottenham could win the league next year, or they could be 6th/7th; same goes for everyone else.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Really knowledgable guy who Poch loves, the FA wanted him in October but reports were he wasn’t keen on the move and was really settled at Tottenham. Meh like everything else who knows, if all these stories are true Levy will be fecking fuming :lol:.