Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

Painful at the end. He could have played a simple 20 yard forward ball into Pogba who was in acres of space in an advanced central position, but because he can't use his left foot he played it backwards to a central defender.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He played very well today. I'm thankful he and Shaw at least tried to make something happen on their flanks.

dablem_10

MOTM for me and im his critic often. His agility is also unreal, not just tackling. He showed some nice driblings, starting to be more compose under pressure. I hope he add some shots. In the end he had open sight to goal, valencia would smash it. Happens quite often. But happy for his progress

Reactions: golden_blunder

Superunknown

Genuinely looked good going forward today. Very good overall performance and our best player, along with Shaw. It's just a shame that the players around and ahead of him were fecking useless.

El Jefe

His improvement in the build up is clear to see. This is only his second season a bit more patience and he'll be even better going forward.

I've always supported him here even when the mob that said he couldn't play football were very vocal on here.

Andersons Dietician

He has just such a weird way of moving with the ball. It was very effective today and he showed some real promise if at times the passing was meh and delivery suspect. Hopefully he just keeps improving.

Only down side was that he just seems to shut off on occasion. Not just defending. Lindelof looking for a passing option and is showing him where to go and it took an age for him to process it. Some of those sliding tackles today were spot on but surely at somepoint he has to stop these.

stevoc

He's looked very comfortable on the ball for a while now, and he's definitely working on his attacking game as it's improving all the time.

Would still like to see some competition for him though. Hopefully Laird can come through next season.

Devil may care

He never fully looks in control of his body when he's running with the ball but his quality on it has really improved across the season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He isn't really a good dribbler in the way that most fullbacks are, but he has a lot of tricks that he can pull out at times which can allow him to get past people. Today we saw almost the entire repertoire, and I have to wonder if it had anything to do with Southgate watching? Probably not, but I can't remember seeing him that eager to use his tricks before.

Swiss_Red89

Not his biggest fan but he really picked up form in the last 5-6 weeks. I actually think he has good technique, it's his coordination/body movement which makes it look bad sometimes.

Eriku

Not his biggest fan but he really picked up form in the last 5-6 weeks. I actually think he has good technique, it's his coordination/body movement which makes it look bad sometimes.
Agreed. His close control gets him out of trouble a lot. He might have his gangly moments, but people blasting him as having awful technique is way off, for me.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I find his quick passing insanely accurate and fast.

Enjoying watching him develop. He just needs a bit of mentoring from a player like Trippier to get that understanding of his role a bit deeper than his 3 years of experience.

-Supreme-

My MOTM today.

He surely must have played the most minutes this season, at least in the top 3? Unsurprisingly I don't ever see people coming up with excuses about his fitness levels when his performances drop, but unlike Rashford who always gets the benefit of the doubt every time he plays badly.

arnie_ni

Hes noticeably much more comfortable on the ball the last few months.

Bug improvement

lex talionis

Outstanding today, easily MOTM. A few more performances like this and Southgate will have a decision to make.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Had a stormer of a start to the game but kept his head high till the end. In a tight game like this we need every single player playing a their potential... Happy for him to see some improvement and possible outlet from the right.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He isn't really a good dribbler in the way that most fullbacks are, but he has a lot of tricks that he can pull out at times which can allow him to get past people. Today we saw almost the entire repertoire, and I have to wonder if it had anything to do with Southgate watching? Probably not, but I can't remember seeing him that eager to use his tricks before.
His dribbling more than fine, although a bit unorthodox like you said. He topped statistics in dribbling that season we bought him so he must be good at it. It's just his od lose touch and overall clumsy feel to his play that doesnt help him to judge him.

He's a confidence player though, we should totally keep him motivated and as self-confident as possible. He's got special skillset and great future. Still only 23.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If only he could attack like that every game. Great performance.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I find his quick passing insanely accurate and fast.

Enjoying watching him develop. He just needs a bit of mentoring from a player like Trippier to get that understanding of his role a bit deeper than his 3 years of experience.
i agree that Trippier would be good short term competition. I just don’t know what AWB will learn from him. He’s already a better defender. Going forward they are completely different, trippier crossers like Beckham (not as good obviously), that’s not AWB’s style

bsCallout

Most improved player in my opinion. Our coaches have done a great job in improving the ability of a fair few players in my opinion.

All just in my opinion of course.

criticalanalysis

Agree with majority. Very good game and deserves some praise after some truly bad performances recently.

Gives me a bit of hope that if we have a regular right sided winger in front of him, we can make use of that space..

OrcaFat

i agree that Trippier would be good short term competition. I just don’t know what AWB will learn from him. He’s already a better defender. Going forward they are completely different, trippier crossers like Beckham (not as good obviously), that’s not AWB’s style
It wouldn’t hurt for him to learn to cross better and from deeper. If Trippier would come here it could only be good for us and for AWB.

Also, as an aside, for my liking we don’t play enough early balls from the wings / wing back area into the CF area. We do have Lindelof hitting some nice balls these days though.

But generally AWB looks like a great signing and I’m so glad to see him getting better. It really pissed me off when Hassenhuttl boasted about how he targeted AWB when Soton beat us last year.

The United

Thought he was coming along nicely.

Hopefully, he improves on awareness around him in defensive positions more. It is still a weakness for him.

jesperjaap

I think Southgate would be foolish not to include him in his squad. He's a brilliant player.
Well we do have Alexander-Arnold, Reece James, Trippier, Kyle Walker so it is difficult to see how he goes and certainly cant class it as foolish not picking him.

I am a massive fan of Bissaka ever since he broke through and though probably nobody would agree, I would actually pick Reece James and Bissaka as the two from that list.

Arnold has had a bad season, for me defensively he was over rated anyway, if we want to do well in the tournament we need to be able to defend and our centre backs dont inspire.

Tripper is probably the safest bet in getting 6/7 is of 10 each time but I think he is the weakest of the bunch

Kyle Walker probably has the most experience and on paper is the best, at the very very top though he seems to have mistakes in him against the best.

I think Reece James is the best all round full back in the country, tenacious, good touch, good positioning and a very very good crosser of the ball too, very good going forward and defendign which is rare with modern full backs.

If we were say to play France or Germany in the semi finals though, I would definately want Bissaka to be playing. I still dont understand the negativity often on here for Bissaka. Sure his positioning defending crosses from the other side an dpickign up players there can let him down, he does need to improve going forward......but he is improving that and its way way over stated how poor he is going forward as he isnt, jsut needs to do as he is, improve his decision making and final ball.

I wouldnt say he has been as good for us as I expected, as I thought around about now he would be a shoe in for England and one of the best if not the best full back in the world, I rated him that highly, but defensively against the best, I want Bissaka there for us and I think since Christmas he has consistently been very good, just over shadowed by Shaw on the other side

Raven

He's played almost every minute this season, it's no surprise that he looked better after pretty much his first week this season without 2 games. There's a fantastic player in there, he just needs to put it all together.

A-man

Great in two directions. Ok not world class but absolutely the progression we’ve longing for. My MOTM. If he plays like this and Shaw like he has this season, I’d be more than happy.

A-man

He's played almost every minute this season, it's no surprise that he looked better after pretty much his first week this season without 2 games. There's a fantastic player in there, he just needs to put it all together.
Good point! He also has a role that demands a lot physically.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
looked so much more comfortable with the ball today - if we can get that sort of performance out of him more regularly it’ll be a big help

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Liking what I’m seeing from him more and more lately, hopefully he continues to develop and making me look dumb for the criticism.

Grande

Man of the match today, and it was great to see how much responsibility he took on the ball as well. Imagine how it would have looked if Danny James hadn’t been so unfriendly with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.