Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

Ten Hag has done something to him. He's no longer just hugging the touchline. He's affecting the game everywhere on the pitch. Fantastic.

Abraxas

Excellent. Still in a state of shock at his reversal. This is far better form than anything he has displayed in a United shirt. Seems to relish this inside role, which I wouldn't have expected, but actually not being tucked into the touchline where opponents naturally trigger a press is really working well to give him time on the ball. He can use his driving carries to good effect. Not tested much defensively today.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
That early block was vital. Had Forest scored first ,well, you never know how this team would react.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Very honest player eh. Never fakes an injury to get the opposition booked. Quite shocking actually, he's been on the end of a few crushing tackles.

The United

Very honest player eh. Never fakes an injury to get the opposition booked. Quite shocking actually, he's been on the end of a few crushing tackles.
He does not seem to have emotion on the pitch. Very much like Wes Brown who did his job and didn't care what the ref thought of it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He isnt just a 1v1 defender anymore. More all rounded & less mistakes

Long Time Red

Fantastic on the ball today, he's a real threat now when other teams let him have it.

Antony seems to play better with him as well.

Idxomer

I've always liked him. Glad to see he can have a future at United again.

Rolaholic

Really hope we keep him.

He's earned the chance to be the starter during the second half of the season but even if he isn't, he's a very useful player to have in the squad.

There aren't too many FB's in the league that opposition wingers absolutely hate to face anymore and he's 100% one of them. They know they're in for a physical dogfight every time he's on the teamsheet

rooney2009

Playing with and showing so much confidence
He even shouts back at teammates now
Well done to both ETH and AWB

Walters_19_MuFc

Who would have thought Wan-Bissaka would be playing as an inverted full back and picking up the most touches in games.

Phenomenal again. Antony must love playing ahead of him, knowing he has not only a defensive monster behind him, but someone who is always there to link with.

Top class!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Glad we didn’t loan or sell him now. I’m confident down our right hand side each game he plays

meamth

Peak AWB. Now he just needs to add some confidence and be more effective during attacking plays.

Other areas he has reached his peak.

Resonance

Interesting to see him coming inside to occupy midfield positions today. I guess EtH has instructed both full backs to do so but felt like he was inside a lot more than Dalot.

Valencia Shin Crosses

One of the best jobs on a single player that ETH has done so far. Incredible. He's obviously still limited and understandably we are still looking for another RB, but this type of AWB absolutely still has a place as a squad asset.

Honestly goes to show how let down he was by Ole as well. He clearly now knows where players will be when building up out of the back and has a set plan on what he's supposed to do, which mitigates him having to come up with anything clever or special when under pressure.

owlo

One of the best jobs on a single player that ETH has done so far. Incredible. He's obviously still limited and understandably we are still looking for another RB, but this type of AWB absolutely still has a place as a squad asset.

Honestly goes to show how let down he was by Ole as well. He clearly now knows where players will be when building up out of the back and has a set plan on what he's supposed to do, which mitigates him having to come up with anything clever or special when under pressure.
He's a great improvement. Still some concerns about his positioning, which is weird as his spatial understanding seems top notch. It's like he can take a picture but not a video (concentration perhaps?). Maybe it'll come with more experience. His dribbling is great, linkup and passing is good, and he's only 25. I'd absolutely say he's got the capicity to be a starter because he has all the tools for it and also seems to have good tactical intelligence. Think he's got more press resistance than ytou give him credit for too. (maybe the spatial awareness)

And yep, credit to ETH, and the less said about Ole the better. It'sd not just tactical, it's also discipline.

Woziak

Do not want this player sold keep saying Dalot can play left or right back and we saw it today, Malacia is easily the weakest of our four full backs. Thus season has taught us if we are going for all 4 competitions next season we need a squad of 27/28 as 4 or 5 players are always injured. We should sign Frimpong and have 5 options at FB as Shaw can easily be the 5th CB option as well

pascell

Easy winner of most improved player of the season.

His improvement has been remarkable and our right hand side is now providing a lot of balance to our team for once.

Trophy Room

I honestly can’t think of a right back in world football that is better than him currently.

Long Time Red

Yes, it's clearly damming for Ole and to a lesser extent Rangnick.

All he needed was a bit of coaching and to be told what to do in certain situations.

He looks like he knows exactly what to do every time he receives the ball where ever he is on the pitch which is a credit to Ten Hag and the coaching staff.

CloneMC16

He does not seem to have emotion on the pitch. Very much like Wes Brown who did his job and didn't care what the ref thought of it.
I haven't seen this man say a single word on the pitch in 4 years.

He's playing great, though.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What a turnaround. He has become so good and confident on the ball, no need to buy a RB anymore

humdinger

He’s seen a LOT of stick so it’s fantastic to see him turning it around. Such an improvement in him and deserves huge credit.

Barthez

I thought his United career was well and truly done. Now not so sure.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Absolutely superb attitude and application to turn things around, undeniably our 1st choice rb and well deserved.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we put him on the market for 50m now, it doesn't sound that outrageous anymore.

led_scholes

He is like the kid in school who runs awkwardly and is the last one who is picked. And when the game starts everyone is amazed that he is actually good.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As ever people are getting a bit too giddy. He's definitely improved under ETH but we need a better footballer in that position if we are to topple City let's be honest.

He's a decent tackler but still don't see enough on the ball for us to win league titles personally.

Right now he's the best we have but we should be aiming for better really.

Abraxas

As ever people are getting a bit too giddy. He's definitely improved under ETH but we need a better footballer in that position if we are to topple City let's be honest.

He's a decent tackler but still don't see enough on the ball for us to win league titles personally.

Right now he's the best we have but we should be aiming for better really.
There has to be one doesn't there... ;)

You have a point, I don't think a bit of form erases the last few years which means we should probably not get ahead of ourselves and consider everything solved.

But I think the crucial thing is probably that this run of form entirely coincides with this manager, having taken him out of the team to work on his abilities. It's also a slightly different role he is playing. So as much as you could say the previous few years are not good enough for United, everything he has done under this manager has been pretty spot on without exception. It took him ages to arrive but once he has done, it has been impressive.

So I'd probably advocate for let's just see how he goes this season. Plenty of games to play and we need more than one right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.