g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Aaron Wan-Bissaka image 29

Aaron Wan-Bissaka England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Players dropping like flies.

Similar to the start after Ole had them running in his first preseason. They are all such poor professionals

saik

Hahaha FFS, we can't catch a break. Dalot on the right and Reguilon on the left then. We literally have no one else left. Do we have anyone in U21s we can bring up?

Season is already a write off. :lol:

Gordon Godot

Players dropping like flies.

Similar to the start after Ole had them running in his first preseason. They are all such poor professionals
Or is our training regime flawed. They were massively overplayed last season too. You dont blame the players for these injuries.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
And you say we aren’t cursed. Burn the club down and start again.

peridigm

If this was a video game, I'd have already smashed my controller into the TV. What a cluster this season has started off as.

roseguy64

Hahaha FFS, we can't catch a break. Dalot on the right and Reguilon on the left then. We literally have no one else left. Do we have anyone in U21s we can bring up?

That would be Fernandez and he's out on loan.

croadyman

Any options for a free agent RB as Dalot on his own isn't really enough depth

garelo

So can we blame ETH for the injury crisis or was it only for Ole? I can imagine the over the top criticism if Ole forced a sick player to play few minutes in a game we already lost and got injured longer as result.

Real Name

So can we blame ETH for the injury crisis or was it only for Ole? I can imagine the over the top criticism if Ole forced a sick player to play few minutes in a game we already lost and got injured longer as result.
How exactly would you blame him?

didz

Any options for a free agent RB as Dalot on his own isn't really enough depth
Links to Reggie Canon and Ryan Nyambe should be right around the corner.

From youth, Ogunneye is the guy there, but he's only 17 and far from ready. Oyedele has had the odd game at right back from memory, but he mostly plays in midfield and we're talking about a player who's just come back from Altrincham.

Real Name

good question, but you should ask that to people who blamed ole for injury crisis happened during his tenure, btw werent you one of them?
Ole rushed players who werent fit, that's not exactly the same.

I didnt know you run an inquisition on here of some sort?

garelo

Ole rushed players who werent fit, that's not exactly the same.

I didnt know you run an inquisition on here of some sort?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
So you dont know why AWB was on the bench instead of starting?

Chief123

AWB having an illness before the game wasn’t the reason he pulled a hamstring. Great logic.

garelo

So he got injured cause he was ill the whole week?

Got it.
There's a difference between ill and injured. Reguilon (the player he basically replaced) was likely more at risk of injury since he's played so little over the last 18 months.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hes got hamstring, got any idea what cause hamstring injury? heres a cerp i've taken from NHS website

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hamstring-injury/

What causes hamstring injuries?

A hamstring injury often happens during sudden, powerful movements, such as sprinting, lunging or jumping that overstretch your tendons or muscles. The injury can also happen gradually during slower movements.

Regularly doing stretching and strengthening exercises, and warming up before exercise, may help reduce the risk of injuring your hamstring.

AWB has been out of training for 1 and half week due to international break and ill, he was clearly unfit yet ETH kept forcing him knowning the players condition and the game was already lost.

garelo

@Real Name @MadDogg @Chief123
And this not the first time ETH forced a half fit player to play either, last season he played a half-fit Martial and then he went on absent for the rest of season. I like ETH and among his defenders (well i always support our managers till the bitter end) but its kinda hillarious to see some people got exposed here. just remember our manager (whoever that is) is in grave situation because the messed up structure starts from the higher ups.

Hes got hamstring, got any idea what cause hamstring injury? heres a cerp i've taken from NHS website

A hamstring injury often happens during sudden, powerful movements, such as sprinting, lunging or jumping that overstretch your tendons or muscles. The injury can also happen gradually during slower movements.

Regularly doing stretching and strengthening exercises, and warming up before exercise, may help reduce the risk of injuring your hamstring.

AWB has been out of training for 1 and half week due to international break and ill, he was clearly unfit yet ETH kept forcing him knowning the players condition and the game was already lost.
Your description of what causes a hamstring injury directly contradicts what you are trying to say :lol:

tomaldinho1

This is pathetic and completely avoidable considering he played like 8 minutes (including added time).

This is purely down to not warming up properly.
Ah yes, that sole reason for a muscle injury. Another club doctor has made it into the caf. We have no idea what caused it but I doubt it’s because a professional footballer didn’t bother warming up properly.

Real Name

Stop it before it gets more embarrassing.

Chief123

@Real Name @MadDogg @Chief123
And this not the first time ETH forced a half fit player to play either, last season he played a half-fit Martial and then he went on absent for the rest of season. I like ETH and among his defenders (well i always support our managers till the bitter end) but its kinda hillarious to see some people got exposed here. just remember our manager (whoever that is) is in grave situation because the messed up structure starts from the higher ups.
What’s hilarious is seeing you trying to suggest an illness (most likely a cold) is what caused AWB to pull his hamstring. :lol:

The hole you keep digging is going to be a meteoric aftermath soon.

Marwood

What’s hilarious is seeing you trying to suggest an illness (most likely a cold) is what caused AWB to pull his hamstring. :lol:

The hole you keep digging is going to be a meteoric aftermath soon.
Agree its a tenuous link but no more silly than saying Ole caused all Martial's injury problems.

The key here is for posters to stop latching on to any excuse to slate the guy they don't like.

Nobody has a clue what's causing so many injuries. More than likely it's just bad luck.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Agree its a tenuous link but no more silly than saying Ole caused all Martial's injury problems.

The key here is for posters to stop latching on to any excuse to slate the guy they don't like.

Nobody has a clue what's causing so many injuries. More than likely it's just bad luck.
I don't think you can compare it to what happened under Ole, where there definitely were concerns.

Martial never really used to get injured any more than anyone else, but we know that in 20/21 there was a period where he was playing through injury for quite some time. To the extent where he later said that for about four months he wasn't even able to accelerate properly. Now maybe he would have gone on to be physically broken no matter what happened there and that was simply the start of it, but there's also a decent chance that it was him playing with the injuries so often that led to long-term issues.

We also know Rashford had an issue with his back for a while before it got so bad he had to have surgery on it, and he's never seemed to quite recover the level of agility he had before it. I believe it's the same thing that Hojlund had (has?), and from what we've been told about that it's something that's quite common in young players that should slowly heal by itself as long as we don't overplay him. If we do end up playing him 90 minutes most matches and he ends up having to have surgery on it, questions would (and should) be raised on that as well.

I can't remember if Pogba's huge injury issues started after the time we know he came back early and instantly got injured again, or whether that was after it already started. He'd always had a few more injuries than you'd like, but it was around that time that it accelerated massively to the point he can now barely get on the field at the age of 30.

There were a few other things that had question marks over them as well (Lindelof basically playing every match for a season while having a bad back comes to mind), but those three were the ones where serious questions do have to be asked about potentially having long-term negative impacts. It definitely could just be a coincidence and/or bad luck and it was always going to happen anyway (players always play through small injuries to some extent), so I'm certainly not going to sit here and say it certainly did, but there's also a chance that our over-reliance and over-use of those players led to the long-term issues. Realistically we'll never know for sure.

It's certainly not the same thing as somebody who had a small illness for a few days coming on for 10 minutes causing a hamstring injury.

garelo

well apparently people cant see that forcing unfit player who hasnt been training for more than a week can cause hamstring injury, maybe they think the injuries ravaging our squad atm is down to bad luck instead of bad risk management by coaching team, but say no more.

I don't think you can compare it to what happened under Ole, where there definitely were concerns.

Martial never really used to get injured any more than anyone else, but we know that in 20/21 there was a period where he was playing through injury for quite some time. To the extent where he later said that for about four months he wasn't even able to accelerate properly. Now maybe he would have gone on to be physically broken no matter what happened there and that was simply the start of it, but there's also a decent chance that it was him playing with the injuries so often that led to long-term issues.

We also know Rashford had an issue with his back for a while before it got so bad he had to have surgery on it, and he's never seemed to quite recover the level of agility he had before it. I believe it's the same thing that Hojlund had (has?), and from what we've been told about that it's something that's quite common in young players that should slowly heal by itself as long as we don't overplay him. If we do end up playing him 90 minutes most matches and he ends up having to have surgery on it, questions would (and should) be raised on that as well.

I can't remember if Pogba's huge injury issues started after the time we know he came back early and instantly got injured again, or whether that was after it already started. He'd always had a few more injuries than you'd like, but it was around that time that it accelerated massively to the point he can now barely get on the field at the age of 30.

There were a few other things that had question marks over them as well (Lindelof basically playing every match for a season while having a bad back comes to mind), but those three were the ones where serious questions do have to be asked about potentially having long-term negative impacts. It definitely could just be a coincidence and/or bad luck and it was always going to happen anyway (players always play through small injuries to some extent), so I'm certainly not going to sit here and say it certainly did, but there's also a chance that our over-reliance and over-use of those players led to the long-term issues. Realistically we'll never know for sure.

It's certainly not the same thing as somebody who had a small illness for a few days coming on for 10 minutes causing a hamstring injury.
martial lacks of professionalism hurt him more than any manager. guy didnt even know the correct date where the training started. that should tell you everything. also why dont you talk about luke shaw who was perennial sick note under Mourinho and now ETH? Yet he was barely injured under Ole....

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
also why dont you talk about luke shaw who was perennial sick note under Mourinho and now ETH? Yet he was barely injured under Ole....
Shaw was injured more under Ole than he has been under ETH.

He missed a few games last season through injury, and now this current injury. That's all. In fact last season he equalled his most ever games in a season despite being dropped for Malacia for a while at the start of the season. Meanwhile he was injured for three months at the start of Ole's first full season, three months at the end of that season (only a few games for us but he wasn't able to play some internationals), and a few games in Ole's second season (which was his other highest appearance season).

Under Mourinho it was really only 16/17 that he missed a lot of time through injury, but that was his first season back after the broken leg which is a time that players will regularly get pick up further injuries. Mourinho chose to barely played him in 17/18 so he didn't get much of a chance to get injured in games, then he was fine in 18/19 until Mourinho's last few games which he missed with a small knock.

So overall, the only seasons he's missed a decent amount of time through injury was 16/17 under Mourinho (first season back after the leg break), 18/19 under Ole, then the second half of 21/22 under Rangnick (a concussion, Covid and having screws removed from his broken leg, none of which can be blamed on anyone). Not ETH...yet.