Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB1986

I like Wan-Bissaka if we can get him for 50-55 mil then I say go for it. We'd need a right winger to compliment him though. Well, we need one anyway. But he's proven in the league and one of the best I've seen in the prem in terms of 1 vs 1 situations.

If a more attacking rb is needed in the system Ole is planning on playing. (You need to sign players who fit a system and commit to it.)

Then I really like the look of Youcef Atal but then a quality cb is needed, which again is needed anyway but more so if we sign a rb with more attacking tendencies. But I think we'd probably go for Meunier from all of the noise for this instead.

sparx99

Having a solid defence can allow your attacking players to take more risk though. It’s not as simple as saying buy better attackers and worry about defending later.

MattyB1986

This.

We have problems scoring goals. We need to fix that first.
You need to build a solid base to go more attacking. With that current crop of defenders we'd leak goals, half the problem we have is going too attacking right now with that defence it just asks for trouble.

KennyBurner

I like Wan-Bissaka if we can get him for 50-55 mil then I say go for it. We'd need a right winger to compliment him though. Well, we need one anyway. But he's proven in the league and one of the best I've seen in the prem in terms of 1 vs 1 situations.

If a more attacking rb is needed in the system Ole is planning on playing. (You need to sign players who fit a system and commit to it.)

Then I really like the look of Youcef Atal but then a quality cb is needed, which again is needed anyway but more so if we sign a rb with more attacking tendencies. But I think we'd probably go for Meunier from all of the noise for this instead.
This is incredibly insane. Has the forum gone mad? this is not a kyle wlaker situation were we know the full exteent of his game. 30-40 million should be the extent we pay. English teams are simply ridiculous charging these absurd prices for maddison fraser and now wan bissaka. I hope we pressure their future players to not sign contracts so they can get taken for a lower rice. This might be the future of football transfers if these mediocre clubs keep listing unrealistic prices.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is incredibly insane. Has the forum gone mad? this is not a kyle wlaker situation were we know the full exteent of his game. 30-40 million should be the extent we pay. English teams are simply ridiculous charging these absurd prices for maddison fraser and now wan bissaka. I hope we pressure their future players to not sign contracts so they can get taken for a lower rice. This might be the future of football transfers if these mediocre clubs keep listing unrealistic prices.
Yeah how dare these mid-table clubs don't bend backwards to lose their best players. Pathetic stuff, should be relegated from league football.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
These clubs are now in really strong financial situations. Why should they sell their best players without extracting maximum value? With the tv deals Van Dijk type transfer fees will be the new normal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
These clubs are now in really strong financial situations. Why should they sell their best players without extracting maximum value? With the tv deals Van Dijk type transfer fees will be the new normal.
Sure, clubs can do what they want when they don't need money and their players aren't demanding a transfer. But I agree with the original post that he's not shown so far that he's worth 50-60m. It really is insane.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Sure, clubs can do what they want when they don't need money and their players aren't demanding a transfer. But I agree with the original post that he's not shown so far that he's worth 50-60m. It really is insane.
Crystal Palace would rather go into next season with Wan-Bissaka as the RB. If the club does not like the asking price they can let him stay at Crystal Palace.

MattyB1986

The football market is insane these days - full stop!

• Now he has 3 years of his contract left (Palace don't want to sell)
  • He's 21 and British = British player tax has always been the problem anyway buying British. Wait until/if Brexit ever happens. :lol:
  • The chairman of clubs know where United's weaknesses are and desperate at the present moment = paying more.
Now Wan-Bissaka's numbers at Palace are pretty damn decent for a 21 year old. He fits the profile of what we need and paying 15 mil more than what you would say would be less insane, but to me not having to play Young there next season is worth the extra to me. :lol:

Even though I agree with you 40 mil would be a more fairer price of what level is at and everything, I'm not sure that would tempt Palace into selling, so 55 mil max would be my limit instead of 70 mil that's being banded about. That would be insane.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No player is worth the money. Glad it's not like in Serie A or other leagues where mid-table clubs will sell as soon as top club from the league wants to buy their players.

There is no fixed value for players. It depends on buying club desperation and also how important that player is for selling club.

KennyBurner

The football market is insane these days - full stop!

• Now he has 3 years of his contract left (Palace don't want to sell)
  • He's 21 and British = British player tax has always been the problem anyway buying British. Wait until/if Brexit ever happens. :lol:
  • The chairman of clubs know where United's weaknesses are and desperate at the present moment = paying more.
Now Wan-Bissaka's numbers at Palace are pretty damn decent for a 21 year old. He fits the profile of what we need and paying 15 mil more than what you would say would be less insane, but to me not having to play Young there next season is worth the extra to me. :lol:

Even though I agree with you 40 mil would be a more fairer price of what level is at and everything, I'm not sure that would tempt Palace into selling, so 55 mil max would be my limit instead of 70 mil that's being banded about. That would be insane.
His defensive stats are pretty decent from what ive been hearing. But I was under the impression the new thing with fullbacks was more focus on the Attacking side. The two teams that made the UEFA finals had fullbacks with very good technique on the ball. Able to cross and get forward comfortable. If wan bissaka is ONLY good at defending then I really cant see how we justify more than 40 million. Even paying that amount means he is our number 1 for years and there are still questions concerning his attacking attributes. Its a lot of money when we haven't sorted out our attack upfront.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Spending 50m and upward for a one season wonder young fullback is insane. None of the two CL finalists have spent those kind of money for a fecking young fullback. I'd rather keep Young (rotating with Dalot) and add those 50+m pushing to get Sancho.

Last edited:

MattyB1986

His defensive stats are pretty decent from what ive been hearing. But I was under the impression the new thing with fullbacks was more focus on the Attacking side. The two teams that made the UEFA finals had fullbacks with very good technique on the ball. Able to cross and get forward comfortable. If wan bissaka is ONLY good at defending then I really cant see how we justify more than 40 million. Even paying that amount means he is our number 1 for years and there are still questions concerning his attacking attributes. Its a lot of money when we haven't sorted out our attack upfront.
Defensively he's a beast. His stats in 1 vs 1 tackling situations was awesome last season. Seems to have good positional play, brave in a tackle (see the one on Mane last season) so yeah defensively he's decent.

Attacking wise he's not a bad dribbler at all and strong. Where he does lack at present attacking wise is crossing from what I've seen watching Palace. But it's hard to judge his attacking capabilities watching Palace they don't play with a striker majority of the time or fill the box a lot and most of the time are in more defensive scenarios, so hard one to call, but like I said his crossing could improve.

It all depends on which system Ole is planning on playing. 4-3-3 and Wan-Bissaka would be ideal with another RF being brought in, or if Ole is planning on a diamond then someone like Meunier or even a punt on Youcef Atal could be cheaper options, but I think Wan-Bissaka's dribbling and strength going forward is underrated by a few.

dasty

I used to think that most posters here don't watch much football outside EPL that's why they have no clue on players from other leagues. After reading this thread I think they barely watches any football. Wan Bissaka basically locked down any wingers that he went up against this season. Most CP fans can testify to that. Even Sane got absolutely no joy from him and Pep had to make a switch. And he is decent going forward. Going by most posts here you would think he is Phil fecking Jones when attacking.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not saying he's not a good player but YouTube clips or what not can easily put £20-£30 million on a players price. £50m rip there arm off, but £70m is just taking the piss.
Yeah he doesn't seem hopeless on the ball to me. Maybe he lacks end product and delivery but he's only 21 isn't he? To me he seems a very obvious signing. Pay the the 50/55 million required. He'd be a great addition.

From the PL I don't think we should miss out on Wan Bassaka and Maddison. Both would improve us big time.

Patrick08

I used to think that most posters here don't watch much football outside EPL that's why they have no clue on players from other leagues. After reading this thread I think they barely watches any football. Wan Bissaka basically locked down any wingers that he went up against this season. Most CP fans can testify to that. Even Sane got absolutely no joy from him and Pep had to make a switch. And he is decent going forward. Going by most posts here you would think he is Phil fecking Jones when attacking.
We could say the same about shaw, bar city game.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah he doesn't seem hopeless on the ball to me. Maybe he lacks end product and delivery but he's only 21 isn't he? To me he seems a very obvious signing. Pay the the 50/55 million required. He'd be a great addition.

From the PL I don't think we should miss out on Wan Bassaka and Maddison. Both would improve us big time.
Maddison is a no 10. We might or might not use him as they are other formations to consider. I agree on AWB though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Maddison is a no 10. We might or might not use him as they are other formations to consider. I agree on AWB though
Maddison is an attacking midfielder. If you use them properly and they are innately second strikers, they can be used as an 8 or as the most advance of the CMs. Heck, they can be used as a 10 in the diamond too. Point is that I'm usually wary of signing average players form within the league but from what I've seen he seems to have the lot. And getting a player used to English football and having the mexess technical skills is something I don't think we should miss out on. Only 22 as well. Both these players, if we coach them well absolute beasts in their respective positions in a few years time.

FromTheBench

He is limited attacking wise which will be a concern if we buy him as Shaw isn't that great attacking wise either on the other flank.

gajender

Kaveh talking out of his ass again?
I hope so because it would be a mistake and a costly one as well people are so desperate for reinforcements that they can't see obvious flaws in his game and how it would impact our team going forward.

Patrick08

Maddison is an attacking midfielder. If you use them properly and they are innately second strikers, they can be used as an 8 or as the most advance of the CMs. Heck, they can be used as a 10 in the diamond too. Point is that I'm usually wary of signing average players form within the league but from what I've seen he seems to have the lot. And getting a player used to English football and having the mexess technical skills is something I don't think we should miss out on. Only 22 as well. Both these players, if we coach them well absolute beasts in their respective positions in a few years time.
Same is the case with Bruno fernandes. I don't see Madison being bought unless Bruno fernandes is missed by Woodward.

AJ10

Spending 50m and upward for a one season wonder young fullback is insane. None of the two CL finalists have spent those kind of money for a fecking young fullback. I'd rather keep Young (rotating with Dalot) and add those 50+m pushing to get Sancho.
I don't know whats worse, You calling Wan Bissaka a one season wonder but advocating Sancho or wanting to play Young/Dalot at RB.....again (both can't defend).

Aloysius's Back 3

Apparently people can't see the obvious flaws in AWB's game :lol:

He isn't attacking outwide because Crystal palace's fullbacks are told to cut in and not over lap.

No idea why people have to act big headed when they clearly haven't watched crystal palace play. :smirk:

NoMidfielders

I hope so because it would be a mistake and a costly one as well people are so desperate for reinforcements that they can't see obvious flaws in his game and how it would impact our team going forward.
There is no right back we can sign who isn't flawed. Wan Bissaka has by far the most potential of the players we're linked with and given our current defensive issues (54 goals conceded in the league alone last season) he would be an excellent signing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
With Pogba around I am not sure we need an attacking midfielder. Things are different with Wan-Bissaka

MattyB1986

He isn't attacking outwide because Crystal palace's fullbacks are told to cut in and not over lap.

No idea why people have to act big headed when they clearly haven't watched crystal palace play. :smirk:
Why I said it's hard to judge him for the role we'd use him for playing for Palace. Their fullbacks do cut in a lot, but they do sometime stay wide and his crossing then isn't the greatest. But I feel he'd be a good signing for us with his defensive attributes. 1 vs 1 there's not many in the league last season competing with him in that department (we leaked goals last season) and he's strong and his dribbling is pretty decent going forward. What flaws do you see?

And out of curiosity - Who would you pick for rb? it's a position we need to improve on

SaboTaj

People waxing lyrical about Robertson and his attacking prowess need to remember that even though he was a promising talent for Hull, he did not show the kinda dynamism going forward he shows now in his time at Hull.

I would undoubtedly place my faith in AWB to do well on the attacking front as a fullback if we sign him.

Allas8

There is no right back we can sign who isn't flawed. Wan Bissaka has by far the most potential of the players we're linked with and given our current defensive issues (54 goals conceded in the league alone last season) he would be an excellent signing.
Some of those defensive issues got solved by sacking Mourinho. If Solskjaer had been the manager the hole season we would have conceded 44 goals, going by average goals conceded per game, and thats with a bad spell at the end of the season. We don't need a defensive fullback, conceding 1 goal per game is fine, as long as we score 2.

Patrick08

Wonder if shaw is also instructed the same?

UpWithRivers

It depends on price, profile of player we are after, And other target availability.

Profile- if we want an attacking player who can hold on to the ball and can cross then he is not it. If we want a great defender who is fast then sign him up.

Price- 40-50 max is a fair deal. 60 plus? Id stick with Dalot

Status
Not open for further replies.