Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Amazing isn't it, everyone drooling over Menuier, who is 3 months younger than 'over the hill' Koulibaly who is 3 weeks older than 'will last another 10 years' Van Dijk.

Will you guys decide who is old and who isn't?

For my part, Wan-Bissaka is one of the few English players that I would be happy to have at United. They were touting £40M last week, not it's gone up to £50M, with United tax. Either way, everyone says he is really good.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't think it works like that :lol:
It’s a contract negotiation, it could very easily work like that if both parties agreed. Effectively we still economically own at least 20% of Zaha (up to £35m if you believe some reports). He’s a hot player on the market now, and has stated he wants to leave. It may certainly appeal to Palace to revoke the clause. Probably less so than us tbh.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If we want him, offer them £30m/£35m and agree to take the clause out of Zaha’s contract. They can feck off with £50m.
I was thinking this, but it might be worth seeing how much Zaha might go for. Would prefer the cash.

ChaddyP

never sold him once in my FPL squad. Always got bonus points. Quality FPL player

flappyjay

Amazing isn't it, everyone drooling over Menuier, who is 3 months younger than 'over the hill' Koulibaly who is 3 weeks older than 'will last another 10 years' Van Dijk.

For my part, Wan-Bissaka is one of the few English players that I would be happy to have at United. They were touting £40M last week, not it's gone up to £50M, with United tax. Either way, everyone says he is really good.
The difference is that Koulibaly is a 80-100m risk and the other is 25m. At this moment AWB is the right footed Shaw. Will provide good cover defensively but suspect offensively.

passing-wind

A RB this summer is an absolute must, can’t keep persisting with no right side. Young is finished, Dalot is miles from required level and Laird hasn’t kicked a ball for first team.

AWB is best defensive fullback in the league and think there is more to come going forward, Meunier would probably cost about 30m still and is nothing like as good as he is often made out to be.
Exactly this, AWB would be a huge coup.

Gandalf

The difference is that Koulibaly is a 80-100m risk and the other is 25m. At this moment AWB is the right footed Shaw. Will provide good cover defensively but suspect offensively.
Sorry but he is nothing like Shaw. Significantly stronger and faster and there is plenty of reason to believe that playing in an attacking team he could become much more of a factor in the attacking game. Put in perspective the asking price is still less than we paid for Fred so why on earth are people moaning about the fee? We need this position filled, he is proven in the PL and it is not your money.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Walker is the best right back in the league for me. He's brilliant. And then there is that young scouse chap, Azpil and Trippier. Many good right backs there in the Prem. Not sure how AWB ranks amongst them. I don't watch much Palace games to be honest
Well to break this down, Walker isn't the best at all, Alexander Arnold is easily the most talented right back, Trippier is woeful. Wan Bissaka would be targeted by everyone apart from probably Chelsea because of Azpilicueta, and Liverpool because of TAA.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Meunier would cost us 25m, Koulibaly 100m+

flappyjay

Sorry but he is nothing like Shaw. Significantly stronger and faster and there is plenty of reason to believe that playing in an attacking team he could become much more of a factor in the attacking game. Put in perspective the asking price is still less than we paid for Fred so why on earth are people moaning about the fee? We need this position filled, he is proven in the PL and it is not your money.
Fred wasn't cheap he was a bad buy and a lot of posters were concerned with his deficiencies which did come to light when he started playing. Same as Lukaku’s 1st touch was a concern before he signed and now we see just how bad it is. I don't care about the money. But it's important to get this right. Once he plays for us is offensive deficiencies will be highlighted even more when teams park the bus against us. Every player has a weakness but there are some weaknesses that we shouldn't try to accommodate especially on our weakest side of the pitch.

edcunited1878

If AWB is the clear number one choice for RB, then United have to meet that price and don't look back. We gave Moyes a ton of shite, i.e. Dithering Dave, and now the powers that be are still doing the same exact thing.

Get it done, stop haggling over the price. You have a budget that is linked with positions of priority.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If AWB is the clear number one choice for RB, then United have to meet that price and don't look back. We gave Moyes a ton of shite, i.e. Dithering Dave, and now the powers that be are still doing the same exact thing.

Get it done, stop haggling over the price. You have a budget that is linked with positions of priority.
Its not even June....

Tony247

sliding tackles, loose ball control, bad positioning... everything suggests he is an average player. Only good I noticed is his header.

Allas8

Pretty certain we are not signing Wan-Bissaka. Lee O'Connor, Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams all stand ready to play Premier League football next season. The focus should be on O'Connor, the last two weeks of the season he got picked up to the first team trainings, but Valencia made the bench ahead of him. Blindly playing him against Cardiff after training with the first team for 2 weeks could have done more harm than good to him. Instead he has to look at Greenwood and Chong and see that, if he works hard enough he will get chances, he just have to be ready for them.

Only exception is if Wan-Bissaka is that good, which I don't think he is. Ashley Cole was already playing first team football for Arsenal when he was 19, and he was a beast going forward at that age. Didn't O'Shea also make his breakthrough at the age of 19, was always fun watching O'Shea tearing it up going forward, you never expected it to work, but it somehow did, and if not then O'Shea was always sprinting back home.

Roboc7

Pretty certain we are not signing Wan-Bissaka. Lee O'Connor, Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams all stand ready to play Premier League football next season. The focus should be on O'Connor, the last two weeks of the season he got picked up to the first team trainings, but Valencia made the bench ahead of him. Blindly playing him against Cardiff after training with the first team for 2 weeks could have done more harm than good to him. Instead he has to look at Greenwood and Chong and see that, if he works hard enough he will get chances, he just have to be ready for them.

Only exception is if Wan-Bissaka is that good, which I don't think he is. Ashley Cole was already playing first team football for Arsenal when he was 19, and he was a beast going forward at that age. Didn't O'Shea also make his breakthrough at the age of 19, was always fun watching O'Shea tearing it up going forward, you never expected it to work, but it somehow did, and if not then O'Shea was always sprinting back home.
If we don’t buy a RB then it will be another year of Young being a starter, O’Connor and Laird aren’t going to be playing much next season if at all.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think he's got very good potential, and remember he knocked TFM from that position when he was considered one of their best players.

However,If £50m had been quoted to SAF,he'd have told Palace to feck off!

Nick7

I think he's got very good potential, and remember he knocked TFM from that position when he was considered one of their best players.

However,If £50m had been quoted to SAF,he'd have told Palace to feck off!
Had his debut against us because TFM couldn't play, if I remember correctly.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Had his debut against us because TFM couldn't play, if I remember correctly.
He has been excellent since but he will need an experienced coach to guide him.Rio would be brilliant for him.....keep him away from Young though

Walters_19_MuFc

50M might sound a lot, but at only 21, Wan-Bissaka has proven that he has the required quality for the premier league and will only get better.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I'd personally go for AWB. We have Dalot who is very aggressive going forward and AWB who is very good defensively. This gives us a good set of options depending on the game.
Well yeah but what about injures? Don’t think Dalot is a right back through and through. Can see him being used a lot more in a sort of wingers role that provides better defensive cover, when needed, than say Martial. Young shouldn’t kick a ball for us again the cnut.

Aloysius's Back 3

Fred wasn't cheap he was a bad buy and a lot of posters were concerned with his deficiencies which did come to light when he started playing. Same as Lukaku’s 1st touch was a concern before he signed and now we see just how bad it is. I don't care about the money. But it's important to get this right. Once he plays for us is offensive deficiencies will be highlighted even more when teams park the bus against us. Every player has a weakness but there are some weaknesses that we shouldn't try to accommodate especially on our weakest side of the pitch.
This doesn't happen under us anymore in my opinion.

Mcking

I'm no fan of full-backs that are only praised for their defensive prowess especially when you are paying top dollar for them. The best full backs are mostly what they are for their contributions in attack, not for being 'defensive monsters'. Full-backs like Marcelo, Alba, Cancelo, Trent, Robertson, Carvajal, Kimmich are rated highly due to their offensive contributions moreso than their defensive prowess. Then there's the likes of Cafu, Evra, Carlos, Alves, Cole, Lahm who were all pretty decent going forward.
Wan-Bissaka is young, English and hyped, but if his offensive game is not up to scratch, then he'd be another of those unpolished players we've been paying big money for; players that are unsophiscated and limited in certain important ways for the positions they play. The likes of Lukaku, Fred, Schneiderlin, Darmian, Memphis, Fellaini, even Shaw to an extent.
I'd like us to have a good right-back, but offensive fullbacks are very important in the modern game, and I wouldn't love us to be stuck with a young, limited, big-money defensive one. We'd be left behind if we keep signing unsophisticated players - I'm not talking about just Wan-Bissaka - and we don't exactly have the luxury of a top coach to fall back on. I'm very ambivalent about this signing.

AR87

Pretty certain we are not signing Wan-Bissaka. Lee O'Connor, Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams all stand ready to play Premier League football next season.
Are they ready to compete at a club hoping to re-establish itself as a consistent presence in the top-4 with an eye on pushing into title challenging form in another couple of seasons? We cannot fail to sign top talents simply because we have some promising local lads in the academy in those positions.

AWB was the top defensive RB in the PL last season who made strides as an attacking players. He is 21 years old. 50m for him is good value for a player who can be one of the top players in the league for years to come.

Hughie77

Can't see Woodward parting with £60 million. Niether would I for him, more like half that, but the market is inflated, and if UTD come in there's few million added on.

Allas8

Are they ready to compete at a club hoping to re-establish itself as a consistent presence in the top-4 with an eye on pushing into title challenging form in another couple of seasons?
Unless we start playing them they will they never be ready. Talent is there, in spades, there is no doubt about that.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Accidentally posted this in the new kits thread: :annoyed:

A more positive stat for you guys -

He got dribbled past only 10 times last season. In 35 league games.

Brophs

The One and Only

Virgil Van Dijk got dribbled past once last season. By Messi. So if AWB is worth £50m then Van Dijk is worth £500m. Literally priceless, Geoff.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

These days full backs are easily carved open when they get hit by one two's or get caught ball watching letting players in from behind. I'm not saying he's guilty of this, but being dribbled past is just one of the ways to get beat.

Sterling Archer

:lol: I saw that in the kit thread and was hoping to get the right context at some point.

I actually don't know how I should react to that number...but thinking about how players like Sterling, Mane, Hazard can dribble past a player that many times in a single game that 10 seems bloody impressive.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
:lol: I saw that in the kit thread and was hoping to get the right context at some point.

I actually don't know how I should react to that number...but thinking about how players like Sterling, Mane, Hazard can dribble past a player that many times in a single game that 10 seems bloody impressive.
Yeah exactly - it's a low amount really considering he plays for Crystal Palace, and therefore comes up against very good wingers most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.