Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchansleftleg

And this is why squad investment has to be a continual process...Everyone knows we need a player in that position...so we pay through the nose. You only get a bargain when you maintain from a position of strength, eg buying Evra when we had Heinze for example.

This is why our "Value in the Market" strategy is so deeply flawed. The time to pay for a new roof is not when yours has become derelict and a thunderstorm is on the way.

SATA

We will have confirmation of Palace accepting our bid by the end of today, i'm confident of that. So let's unzip first lads ;)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't give a crap about Jose and whether he signs for Inter or not. I also care little about Woodward and his stupid battle with Jose. Woodward may have done the right thing by not backing Jose last summer but it did absolutely nothing for this club and in fact we wasted the whole of last season and that is why we missed the CL spot too. The right thing would have been to not offer Jose any contract and just sack him and give a new manager a proper backing.

I care more about this club then Jose and Woody combined. The fact remains we needed strengthening in our defense which was not addressed last season and which is why we are required to buy a defender this season. It was a case of pathetic planning by the board led by Woodward.
As said I don't want to delve too deep in this. Bottom line of the story is this. Our system who puts the business person in charge of football matters has always been flawed. Its inefficient, dumb, and it rests on a genius manager to work around its many flaws and makes it succeed. So we either clone Sir Alex or we have to change the system.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Assuming some reports are true then we only have 100m to spend. 50 up front + James' transfer leave us with peanuts (35m. Crazy). So, maybe preparing is all we'll do. And Palace will be bracing, because our bids are just accidents waiting to happen.
Prepare, brace, prepare, brace, etc.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We will have confirmation of Palace accepting our bid by the end of today, i'm confident of that. So let's unzip first lads ;)
I get that feeling too. Fee agreed later tonight given all of the news about us meeting today. Either that or we are moving on to the next target.

Just movement would be nice

dasty

Assuming some reports are true then we only have 100m to spend. 50 up front + James' transfer leave us with peanuts (35m. Crazy). So, maybe preparing is all we'll do. And Palace will be bracing, because our bids are just accidents waiting to happen.
Prepare, brace, prepare, brace, etc.
If you really believe that we only have 100m to spend this summer I have a bridge to sell you.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The BBC article doesn't mention the Zaha clause.
It's extra frustrating because spurs have confirmed ndombele and city have confirmed rodri and Liverpool have confirmed several signings themselves
Who have Liverpool signed?

Crashoutcassius

I get it but I feel there is, to put it mildly, a little bit more pressure on us to complete these deals and hopefully go someway to closing the gap.
Feels like that pressure could be why palace are dragging it out on their end... must strengthen their negotiating position when every day that goes by that Ed doesn't pay 50m there's uproar. Maybe no way of avoiding it though.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
If you really believe that we only have 100m to spend this summer I have a bridge to sell you.
Surely no one is saying that's all we can physically afford? More the case that's all that the owners are willing to make available.

Hawks2008

feck sake just give the 50m you cheap fecks and move onto other business. No way this should be taking a month to complete, is Ed using smoke signals to negotiate with Palace?. We're a week from pre-season and we have 1 new player when Ole said he wanted all transfer business concluded by them. Board are already selling Ole down the river.

Jezpeza

feck sake just give the 50m you cheap fecks and move onto other business. No way this should be taking a month to complete, is Ed using smoke signals to negotiate with Palace?. We're a week from pre-season and we have 1 new player when Ole said he wanted all transfer business concluded by them. Board are already selling Ole down the river.
My thinking entirely. I can imagine theres truth in the fact He's essentially trying to offer less money by giving 35 million in cash and add on fees if we win the champions league etc etc. Does he think palace are stupid? Just pay the money to fill the gaping hole in our teamsheet. We should just be lining up and shooting our ducks because we need the squad together through pre season.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
No one is confirming because until the contract is submitted and confirmed, a lot of things can happen.

Look at Griezmann when he signed a pre-contract for Barça: Atletico gave him a better offer and bailed him out.

Snafu17

I'm betting on "deal is close, talks are progressing well, but not done yet". Bonus points for "both sides confident on getting the deal done".

beingshe7don

And this is why squad investment has to be a continual process...Everyone knows we need a player in that position...so we pay through the nose. You only get a bargain when you maintain from a position of strength, eg buying Evra when we had Heinze for example.

This is why our "Value in the Market" strategy is so deeply flawed. The time to pay for a new roof is not when yours has become derelict and a thunderstorm is on the way.
We've had so many flops in our squad.... It's ridiculous

Flops (since Fergie left)
Fellaini
Mata [hasn't really hit the heights where he reached while he was at Chelsea]
Darmian [The board and the guy are completely delusional as to what he has to offer]
Schneiderlen
Depay
Di Maria
Falcao
Schweinsteiger
Blind [We never utilized him well]
Rojo
Victor Valdez
Bailly
Sanchez
Mhikitariyan
Matic
Fred

It's been 6 years and we've already had 16 flops.... And not sure if Lukaku should be considered a flop for having a tragic last season or Pogba for not replicating his Juve performances consistently for us. Is Martial a flop as well since he has had seasons where he's performed well for half the season. Luke Shaw could have been considered a flop until this past season. And that does not even include the likes of Smalling, Jones & Young whom we've inherited from Fergie himself. We've managed to do such bad business that every season, we've had to look to have an overhaul done. For all the "good" work that Woodward has done for the club in getting sponsorships, we aren't doing so well moneywise when it comes to transfers.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

Fellaini
Darmian [The board and the guy are completely delusional as to what he has to offer]
Schneiderlen
Depay
Di Maria
Falcao
Schweinsteiger
Rojo
Victor Valdez
Bailly
Sanchez
Mhikitariyan
Matic
Fred

It's been 6 years and we've already had 16 flops.... And not sure if Lukaku should be considered a flop for having a tragic last season or Pogba for not replicating his Juve performances consistently for us. Is Martial a flop as well since he has had seasons where he's performed well for half the season. Luke Shaw could have been considered a flop until this past season. And that does not even include the likes of Smalling, Jones & Young whom we've inherited from Fergie himself. We've managed to do such bad business that every season, we've had to look to have an overhaul done. For all the "good" work that Woodward has done for the club in getting sponsorships, we aren't doing so well moneywise when it comes to transfers.
This is such a travesty...

I'm sure most of us had high hopes for Mata, Schneiderlen, Depay, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Blind, Bailly, Sanchez, Mhikitariyan and Matic.

It just goes to show that purchases can go either way.

Joe Cool

Supports
Chelsea
The kind of add-on I used to put when playing FM a few years back with some dross club. 70M fee - 5M up front plus 30M for winning the UCL, 20M for winning the Ballon D'Or and another 15M for scoring 20+ goals that season. All this while I was not even playing UCL football, nor I was going to and the player was a GK.

Can't fault Palace for rejecting that add-on to be fair. The likes of Chelsea and United seem to really fall way behind the other European top clubs and frankly judging by the ones United are linked to these days I personally don't see how your club would improve on last season.

Wan Bissaka 50M it really is laughable to say the least. Just like Azpilicueta, think he is a good defender, but a poor full back. It is 2019 and whether some like it or not the modern full back is all about participating in the final 3rd, a part of the pitch where Azpilicueta is appaling and so is Wan Bissaka.

Trent AA, Robertson, Trippier, Rose, Marcelo, Carvajal, Dani Alves, Alex Sandro, Lichsteiner are some of the full backs that have played in the UCL Final for the past five seasons. The others are Atletico's full backs and Evra who I don't count as an attacking one. Football has moved on and so did full backs.

I get United would like to move for English talent, but in my view they are targeting the wrong ones - Wan Bissaka, Longstaff, Rice, Daniel James (???). The worst of this bunch is Rice if you ask me, this guy has no attribute to play for a top club, he's a poor mans Eric Dier who I also think is simply average.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

This. Definitely this.

Palace see us starting Young at RB and know we are desperate to replace him.

We should've prepared for Herrera's departure. Also it looks like De Gea is not re-signing so that's something to prepare for as well.

We should buy a centre midfielder this summer because Pogba is leaving. Maybe not this window, but he's not going to be here in 3 years, tops.

Scolari

Fellaini
Schneiderlen
Depay
Di Maria
Falcao
Schweinsteiger
Rojo
Victor Valdez
Bailly
Sanchez
Mhikitariyan
Matic
Fred

Never minding listing the flops it’s easy..every single signing other than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Status
Not open for further replies.