Adama Traore

mancan92

I'm sorry but there is being physically blessed and then there's body builder level. The guy obviously does weights if not he is using straight up PEDs

Skills

Snitch
There's nothing wrong with lifting weights as long as the additional mass doesn't effect your stamina.

Bobski

I would be happier watching his highlights on MOTD than watching him live 50 times a season I have to say. He has talent but my goodness his decision making is all time bad.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He blasts past players like they're not there at times...its pretty impressive.

End product still all over the place, but there's a player in there.

Bobski

He blasts past players like they're not there at times...its pretty impressive.

End product still all over the place, but there's a player in there.
Yes, but I have the fear that we will still be saying that about him at 28/29, managers will always take a risk on him, that talent can be devastating but he would be exasperating to play with.

Stadjer

He is exciting to watch. He even ran past AWB a few times. The cross that followed the run wasnt that great though..

Still fun to watch and maybe one day he will somehow get that 'end product' and be a seriously scary player. If he had great decision making he would be playing for a topteam.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yes, but I have the fear that we will still be saying that about him at 28/29, managers will always take a risk on him, that talent can be devastating but he would be exasperating to play with.
Yeah he'd be a gamble due to that... But if you're the manager that unlocks it you'll have some player on your hands.

RUCK4444

He’s a bulkier more explosive Valencia. Gets around players but loses his head immediately after.

One of those players that never really looks like he’s in control of his movements, quite erratic which makes him unpredictable.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Today's match just confirms what I previously posted about whoscored's rating sytems. An 8.0 out of 10 motm performance? No way for me.

Thought Rashford had more dangerous dribbles in the brief time he was on the pitch as he committed defenders/put them on the deck and looked like he was going to make something happen. It's the dribble stat that always gives Traore big scores. Traore kind of ran past players in non-threatening situations repeatedly and didn't do much.

PieCrust

He's not really impressive as a footballer. And I'd wish he'd stop wearing shorts that are 3 sizes too small.

The Original

He is exciting to watch. He even ran past AWB a few times. The cross that followed the run wasnt that great though..

Still fun to watch and maybe one day he will somehow get that 'end product' and be a seriously scary player. If he had great decision making he would be playing for a topteam.
If he was playing for a top team he would get into more of these dangerous situations, with better passing and finishing options. Utd could do a lot worse than him.

Nani at a similar age was just as frustrating for many.

Hes always out of control but his pace and strength means he can usually get to his own loose ball before anybody else. If he didnt have pace you wonder if he would even make League 1.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Nani was a bit egoistic in a way that he would go for a shot more often than for a simpler pass and move. When Traore has the ball, he makes a decision according to him inner randomizer.

Ibi Dreams

If he was playing for a top team he would get into more of these dangerous situations, with better passing and finishing options. Utd could do a lot worse than him.

Nani's technique and skill with the ball was always clear though, that's what was so frustrating. You could see had had everything, he just couldn't put it all together. I don't think it's the same with Traore

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

This really isn’t true, having better players around him won’t make him make better choices when using the ball. His feet are a few seconds ahead of him footballing brain and that will always be a problem for him. Physically, speed a strength wise he is like the Bale of a few seasons ago, technically though Bale knew when to go to the line and when to cut inside, he could deliver a cross and also find the net from 25 yards, Adama will always be a flat track bully.

Haddock

This really isn’t true, having better players around him won’t make him make better choices when using the ball. His feet are a few seconds ahead of him footballing brain and that will always be a problem for him. Physically, speed a strength wise he is like the Bale of a few seasons ago, technically though Bale knew when to go to the line and when to cut inside, he could deliver a cross and also find the net from 25 yards, Adama will always be a flat track bully.
One of those flat tracks was Man City who he dunked on twice this season. Some serious underrating of his ability here. He's not a brute kick and rush merchant, his control and skill on the ball is pretty impressive, and he's fairly good with both feet as you would expect of a Barca product. With some good coaching he could easily improve and even if he doesn't the sheer number of times he beats a man means one of those passes in the final third will create a chance.

He would be terrible at a top team. Hed have no space to run into as opponents all sit deep, and he would destroy the crisp passing required to break them down, a little like Lukaku used to do for us.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Very Antonio Valencia when he got bulked up, albeit with slightly better control of the ball and a bit more left foot.

But absolutely impossible to knock him off the ball when he's at full pelt.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
One of those flat tracks was Man City who he dunked on twice this season. Some serious underrating of his ability here. He's not a brute kick and rush merchant, his control and skill on the ball is pretty impressive, and he's fairly good with both feet as you would expect of a Barca product. With some good coaching he could easily improve and even if he doesn't the sheer number of times he beats a man means one of those passes in the final third will create a chance.
I'm not under rating him his final ball is often poor there is bugger all point beating men if you cant use it afterwards. Aaron Lennon constantly beat his man then constantly brain farted afterwards. He is playing in a well coached Wolves side, I don't really know what more coaching you can give the guy. He is a useful player in the right wet up, but can you see him starting for the likes of City or Liverpool regularly? Against a team that sits deep he would have no space to run into.

Alabaster Codify7

Impact player at best for a big club, off the bench. I could definitely see someone taking a gamble in the summer though.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Weird comment. He's been class against good sides this season. Not sure what alternate PL you have been watching.

RedCurry

He really sucks at passing, I mean really bad. If he could figure that out he'd be a Robben/Ribery level player.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I'm not under rating him his final ball is often poor there is bugger all point beating men if you cant use it afterwards. Aaron Lennon constantly beat his man then constantly brain farted afterwards. He is playing in a well coached Wolves side, I don't really know what more coaching you can give the guy. He is a useful player in the right wet up, but can you see him starting for the likes of City or Liverpool regularly? Against a team that sits deep he would have no space to run into.
To add to your Aaron Lennon point too, he used to tear Evra to shreds every game. A few good games against good teams doesn’t make you good though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He really sucks at passing, I mean really bad. If he could figure that out he'd be a Robben/Ribery level player.
Erm... Robben is a literal all-time great. Ribery was one of the best of his generation in his position; are you saying Traore could go on to be one or the other of these things?

RedCurry

Erm... Robben is a literal all-time great. Ribery was one of the best of his generation in his position; are you saying Traore could go on to be one or the other of these things?
Margins are slim at the top level football. Traore is crap because he lacks a core part of the game, which is passing the ball. It might be too late to improve it but if he did, he has almost everything else needed to be a top footballer.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Margins are slim at the top level football. Traore is crap because he lacks a core part of the game, which is passing the ball. It might be too late to improve it but if he did, he has almost everything else needed to be a top footballer.
You didn't answer my question, though.

The leap in levels from what he is to what Robben, in particular, was, is stratospheric.

If Traore reached that level, he wouldn't just be a top footballer; he'd be one of the greatest wing-forwards to play the game.

He'd have to add so many more strings to his bow to get anywhere near that that I thought I'd ask what you meant by your initial statement.

The Original

Having better players around him won't mean he develops better decision making, no...but it's a matter of multiply the number of opportunities given by his current low ratio and suddenly you have
He would be terrible at a top team. Hed have no space to run into as opponents all sit deep, and he would destroy the crisp passing required to break them down, a little like Lukaku used to do for us.
Even if that were so, he could still be used as a wingback as Wolves have used him there effectively. Besides that he is not all running... He has really good feet too, and is nowhere near Lukaku levels of deficiency.

El Zoido

He looks like a rugby player. He must be quite intimidating to defend against but I never feel that threatened by him. I know it’s not fair to compare him to Messi, but you know, when Messi has the ball 30 yards out and is running at your back line, you fear the worst every time. This guy is like the total opposite, I just never feel he’s going to do anything.

RedCurry

You didn't answer my question, though.

The leap in levels from what he is to what Robben, in particular, was, is stratospheric.

If Traore reached that level, he wouldn't just be a top footballer; he'd be one of the greatest wing-forwards to play the game.

He'd have to add so many more strings to his bow to get anywhere near that that I thought I'd ask what you meant by your initial statement.
If you say Robben is one of the greatest ever wing-forwards, you must thing he's at least top ten if not top five. That itself is way more debatable than saying Traore can be at the same level. In fact, the gap between Robben and Traore is probably lesser than Robben and, say Messi and Ronaldo. So yeah I don't need to rehash what I said, I think he could become the same level as Robben if he improved his ability to pass the ball.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If you say Robben is one of the greatest ever wing-forwards, you must thing he's at least top ten if not top five. That itself is way more debatable than saying Traore can be at the same level. In fact, the gap between Robben and Traore is probably lesser than Robben and, say Messi and Ronaldo. So yeah I don't need to rehash what I said, I think he could become the same level as Robben if he improved his ability to pass the ball.
Haha. Maybe you just underrate Robben. But peak UCL winning Robben is very far away from current Traore, let alone Chelsea PL Robben

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Wow. I think we're done here!

God speed!