Adama Traore

Member 119614

Love how he shields the ball, pure power, great acceleration, great speed and stamina. He is Valencia on drugs. Even if he never progresses beyond this he will create space and havoc for others to profit from.

OverratedOpinion

Outside of United I never hear anyone talk about James. You guys tend to overrate your players more than any fans. For years I been hating how great Shaw is and never saw it
United fans are literally the harshest critics in the country when it comes to our own players. Dan James is a young exciting winger, only De Bruyne and Alexander-Arnold have more assists this season.

If you go and read the Luke Shaw thread, half the posts would make you think he was a 55 year old fan who won a competition to play for Utd.

Adama is crap.

Unitedlife

Sorry because I have a different opinion than yourself ? If Traore is so good why does he not start every game for Wolves ? So instead of telling me I've no clue maybe you should enlighten me and tell me all about Traore being so good
He has started 80% of Wolves league games this season because he is so good. Have you seen his crosses this season? 99 crosses in 19 games this season and more often than not he picks out a team-mate. I guess you just don't like him.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I think it's decent. He's being up there this season.
He's been good but not as good as that for me. I suspect his dribbles per games stat is really helping him there. He, Zaha and Saint-Maximin are streets ahead of the rest of the league. Zaha isn't having as good a season as last in terms of goals and assists and is actually losing the ball quite often, Saint-Maximin has very little end product.

I think compared to Mane's numbers (seeing as he's being mentioned in the thread) Traore is behind in the more important things yet whoscored put him slightly ahead overall for the season so far:

Mane/Traore
Goals 10/4
Assists 6/4
Shots per game 2.4/1.3
Pass percentage 80.4/73.9
Passes per game 30.4/23
Key passes per game 1.9/1.3
Dribbles 1.7/5
Fouled 1.3/2.3
Dispossessed 1.9/1.6
Offside 0.3/0.2
Bad control 3.4/2.4
Crosses 0.2/1 (Not sure who to highlight, I've seen data that suggests crossing can be a bad thing)
Long ball 0.8/0.3 (I guess depends on team style of play/tactics)
Through balls 0.2/0.1 (As above)

Last edited:

The Irish Connection

He’s just so entertaining to watch. Love the way he can burst past defenders on the outside almost at will. We haven’t had that since young Valencia. And like with Douglas costa and willian, assist and goal stats aren’t everything. He nearly always creates danger and openings from the right.
If could be bought for a decent price I’d be happy to have him.

R'hllor

"LvG digging his own grave..." , gobsmacked about not going for Pedro but instead for Mane etc. Its actually funny thread to read, some are also so clouded by their love for LvG.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
I am not so sure it is - James has some qualities Traore doesn't have. James actually is a very good passer of the ball - Traore is not.
I have watched pretty much every game James has played for United and never thought he is really good passer. I have watched Traore many times and I seen top teams players actually being scared of the guy and constantly double up. Very few players in the league gets the attention he gets. Robertson was bricking it and Mane played left back with him. But the most shocking thing is some people here actually say he is not good dribbler. But this is football. We can watch the same games and see different things. James will become a solid player. But I just don’t see a top tier player. Adamas potential is way higher

VJ1762

I have watched pretty much every game James has played for United and never thought he is really good passer. I have watched Traore many times and I seen top teams players actually being scared of the guy and constantly double up. Very few players in the league gets the attention he gets. Robertson was bricking it and Mane played left back with him. But the most shocking thing is some people here actually say he is not good dribbler. But this is football. We can watch the same games and see different things. James will become a solid player. But I just don’t see a top tier player. Adamas potential is way higher
I think James is doing fine for a player that has just come from the championship. 3 G & 6 A in the PL is a very good return in half a season, since he is also playing on the right and not on the left, which is his favoured position. Adama is better than James technically and looks like he is finally having end product as well. If he maintains this level, I would like United to put a bid for him in the summer.

Think the most surprising thing is Pepe playing under more managers than he has goals in the PL this season. I expected better from a 72M signing.

Mcking

'Daniel James is a better footballer than Messi' could be an opinion too, doesn't mean it has to be entertained. You said Traore has only pace unlike James which couldn't be more wrong, and you also said Traore hardly starts for Wolves which just about confirms my suspicions. You either think it's 2017/2018 or you think it's 2018/2019 or you are stuck in the myth of Traore being a pace merchant.
Traore has always been very good with the ball, and an elite dribbler. This season, he has forced his way into Wolves team by virtue of a vast improvement in his decision making and final ball.
He's never being just pace because only a handful of players can dribble as well as he does. This season, he has been one of the best players in the league and in the Europa league..

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Are we linked to him? He is an explosive player of the mould of a Bolasie or Moussa Dembele. The kind that can create moments of brilliance and get the crowd going. Also wins the teams a lot of free kicks in dangerous areas. Players such as these can go both ways..for every Mane there is a Bolasie.

Dr. StrangeHate

Are we linked to him? He is an explosive player of the mould of a Bolasie or Moussa Dembele. The kind that can create moments of brilliance and get the crowd going. Also wins the teams a lot of free kicks in dangerous areas. Players such as these can go both ways..for every Mane there is a Bolasie.
We haven't been linked with him but some "journalist" will read this thread and create a story out of it to get the lovely clicks.

Mainoldo

James is a better finisher as stats tell us he also has more assists and he is just a all round better player . He puts in a shift for his team even when he isn't playing well . Traore struggles to get into the Wolves side on a regular basis. He has the potential to be brilliant with his pace and power but he doesn't seem to have the football brain that James has .

Sorry because I have a different opinion than yourself ? If Traore is so good why does he not start every game for Wolves ? So instead of telling me I've no clue maybe you should enlighten me and tell me all about Traore being so good
We must be watching a different Daniel James. James hasn’t scored since September and I don’t really care about him putting in a shift. I said Traore was the better player not the better cross country runner. James has a lot of good attributes the only thing is his best attributes are eclipsed by Traore which is why he is a better player. Maybe you should watch him play too as he is a fare better crosser than James and most definitely a superior dribbler.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's been good but not as good as that for me. I suspect his dribbles per games stat is really helping him there. He, Zaha and Saint-Maximin are streets ahead of the rest of the league. Zaha isn't having as good a season as last in terms of goals and assists and is actually losing the ball quite often, Saint-Maximin has very little end product.

I think compared to Mane's numbers (seeing as he's being mentioned in the thread) Traore is behind in the more important things yet whoscored put him slightly ahead overall for the season so far:

Mane/Traore
Goals 10/4
Assists 6/4
Shots per game 2.4/1.3
Pass percentage 80.4/73.9
Passes per game 30.4/23
Key passes per game 1.9/1.3
Dribbles 1.7/5
Fouled 1.3/2.3
Dispossessed 1.9/1.6
Offside 0.3/0.2
Bad control 3.4/2.4
Crosses 0.2/1 (Not sure who to highlight, I've seen data that suggests crossing can be a bad thing)
Long ball 0.8/0.3 (I guess depends on team style of play/tactics)
Through balls 0.2/0.1 (As above)
OT but seriously, that is insane. Of course liverpool play long ball after long ball, Mane makes it basically unstoppable :lol:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Currently nowhere near good enough to be starting every week for a top 6 team but he'd be a very useful option off the bench for the last 20 minutes in games. Might be worth getting him if he'd be happy as a bit part player for us.
Wolves basically are a top 6 team these days and he seems to be pretty much their star man now. He’s probably a good enough starter for 17-18 teams in the league

G_and_T

This thread reminds me of all the people who said we should buy Fellaini. I've seen this guy play for Wolves in a couple games and he is a one trick pony. I can't stand the idea of such a limited player putting on the united shirt.

Bobski

Have no clue about his ceiling as its all down to consistentcy but i recall playing middlesbrough a few years back and he come on late and first thing he did was bundle through half the team. He causes fear in teams.
Yes, and in those Boro days probably muderous intent in his own team as well. Deserves great credit for the strides he has taken, up to this year he was pretty much always a waste of immense talent, solid technique, best in the world athletic gifts but insanely frustrating decision making.

An Alone Wolf

Supports
Liverpool
Would love to see how he turns out working under a top manager for a year or two.

starman

It's amazing how he's been going past players with such ease in this Watford game, I can only remember a young Ronaldo making it look so easy, that said his delivery has been terrible

Ekeke

This thread reminds me of all the people who said we should buy Fellaini. I've seen this guy play for Wolves in a couple games and he is a one trick pony. I can't stand the idea of such a limited player putting on the united shirt.
:confused:

Fellaini was a standout against Cleverley and Anderson in midfield, neither knowing how to defend.

Traore has been a terror for Guardiola's City...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:confused:

Fellaini was a standout against Cleverley and Anderson in midfield, neither knowing how to defend.

Traore has been a terror for Guardiola's City...
In fairness, he's precisely the type of player teams like Guardiola's will always suffer, pacey dribblers who can beat multiple men and turn transitions into quick counterattacks consistently. Same reason why his barca sides had nightmares about Di Maria

That said, that is an impressive skillset by itself. Now that he's adding end product and generally not wasting his work with dumb decisions, he's turning into a pretty scary player

Ekeke

In fairness, he's precisely the type of player teams like Guardiola's will always suffer, pacey dribblers who can beat multiple men and turn transitions into quick counterattacks consistently. Same reason why his barca sides had nightmares about Di Maria

That said, that is an impressive skillset by itself. Now that he's adding end product and generally not wasting his work with dumb decisions, he's turning into a pretty scary player
Yup. He's good. Far better than someone like Fellaini. He isnt just strong and physical, he's lightning fast and has decent end product this season

BillyJoel

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool, Hansa Rostock
He had an interview close to new year's, where he said he "doesn't lift weights "and that his physique is "genetics".

Such a bullshitter, I'd check him for steroids

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He had an interview close to new year's, where he said he "doesn't lift weights "and that his physique is "genetics".

Such a bullshitter, I'd check him for steroids
Physiques like his are attainable without weights and it is a combination of genetics and the type of training done. Not saying that's how he's attained his mass, but it isn't as improbable as you're making out.

Prime Mike Tyson didn't lift weights; plenty of calisthenic athletes and even just plain enthusiasts can be built and ripped to shreds etc. etc.
he was about half the size at Barca :lol:
He was also a kid at Barca.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Wouldn't be the worst signing for the right price. James on the left and him on the right is at worst a really good pair of backup wingers.

BillyJoel

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool, Hansa Rostock
Physiques like his are attainable without weights and it is a combination of genetics and the type of training done. Not saying that's how he's attained his mass, but it isn't as improbable as you're making out.

Prime Mike Tyson didn't lift weights; plenty of calisthenic athletes and even just plain enthusiasts can be built and ripped to shreds etc. etc.

He was also a kid at Barca.
I don't know man. Calisthenics can make you ripped, yes. They can produce muscle as well, but not any kind of muscle; the tricep, bicep and brachialis that he's showcasing some posts above would be pretty impossible to get without going heavy + progressive overload though. So maybe he wasn't doing the classic thing and curling at the gym to get that bicep, but by way of calisthenics, he'd need to be doing some mean -weighted- chin-ups at least, to pack on that size.

Tyson was an exception, wasn't he a unit already at 14 years old?

Last edited:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't know man. Calisthenics can make you ripped, yes. They can produce muscle as well, but not any kind of muscle; the tricep, bicep and brachialis that he's showcasing some posts above would be pretty impossible to get without going heavy + progressive overload though. So maybe he wasn't doing the classic thing and curling at the gym to get that bicep, but by way of calisthenics, he'd need to be doing some mean -weighted- chin-ups at least, to pack on that size.

Tyson was an exception, wasn't he a unit already at 14 years old?
One-armed chins with legs tucked, or if you're truly elite, with legs fully extended horizontally, will give you a bicep,trap, back and shoulder set of epic proportions, but I guess we shouldn't get into all of that in a football thread.

The over-reaching point, though, is that you can definitely look like he does without lifting a weight in your life via the right exercises and genetic makeup. I'm not saying he looks how he does via calisthenics etc. and he may well be lying and pumping weights and taking... "supplements," but it could easily be a case that he isn't.

Haha, even the Rocky in Russia montages give some insight into how builds can be attained without weights! Not that Sly himself wasn't roided to the eyeballs, but still..

Ish

Lights on for Luke
"Thats Amore"

Whennnnnn heeee, runs down the wing he's as fast as lightning thats Traore
When he sprints with the ball he just flies past them all thats Traore
When he glides on the grass and you fall on your arse thats Traore
If your names not Usain he'll go past you again Thats Traore
Genius :drool:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Too afraid of him getting banned for PEDs to want to sign him.He'd be very expensive too as Wolves are loaded.

Last edited: