Adama Traore

DVG7

Why does he always look like he's out of breath after a few sprints?
they look out of breath after the gold medal 100m race at the Olympics, which Adama wouldn’t look out of place in

TrustInOle

Probably because of that additional 20kg’s of muscles he’s carrying :lol:
Surely he could not compete for a full 90 mins with this much muscle mass? Also is he much of an improvement on James? Only really see him against us and the odd game when wolves are playing someone above us.

CM

I've been impressed with him in the City and Liverpool games but it's difficult to see him maintaining that kind of level. His decision making does seem to have improved for someone who has always struggled with end product though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's actually a somewhat 'unique' player in the sense that pace merchants typically have underwhelming technique but his technique is actually good. He has good close control, even on full sprint.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Good for the last half an hour to stretch a tired defence. If you could get him for a good price he would be great option off the bench. But this is United so Wolves would want £50M plus and at that price for a player who cant run for 90 mins then no thanks.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Surely he could not compete for a full 90 mins with this much muscle mass? Also is he much of an improvement on James? Only really see him against us and the odd game when wolves are playing someone above us.
He is way better than James who is average tbh

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
He is way better than James who is average tbh
He's also about 2 years older, and has improved significantly in the past year. I wouldn't discount James, even though he obviously needs to improve.

I think james already fills the role that Traore would, so I don't think he would fit well at United. He could fit well at Chelsea though with Pedro and Willian leaving soon, and Hudson-Odoi failing to impress this year.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
He's a Antonio Conte type of signing if I've ever seen one.

The Original

He's also about 2 years older, and has improved significantly in the past year. I wouldn't discount James, even though he obviously needs to improve.

I think james already fills the role that Traore would, so I don't think he would fit well at United. He could fit well at Chelsea though with Pedro and Willian leaving soon, and Hudson-Odoi failing to impress this year.
James is several levels below Traore. Traore is stronger, and much better technically which simply means defenders can hardly ever contain him which is something James simply does not provide. In fact I don't see any basis for comparison between the two other than their pace.

mancan92

Traore on his day is devastating. The problem has been that his day hasn't been very often. There are signs that that's starting to change though.
The thing is even on a bad day for troare he will dribble past players easily and cause chaos. But he will not provide any end product and might be lazy getting back
But he will always provide something to the game. Whereas James can be completely anonymous.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Needs to bulk up a bit.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Currently nowhere near good enough to be starting every week for a top 6 team but he'd be a very useful option off the bench for the last 20 minutes in games. Might be worth getting him if he'd be happy as a bit part player for us.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Maybe he'd be as a forward playing through the middle? He could dribble through the defence where it causes the most damage and have less scope to cross.

mu4c_20le

Traore on his day is devastating. The problem has been that his day hasn't been very often. There are signs that that's starting to change though.
And James isn't? It's only his first season in the PL, give him some time. Traore wasn't always like this, I remember he was completely hopeless at Boro. It's only when he started packing on the muscle while retaining his explosive pace that hes starting to look like a threat. He's a flat track bully in the purest sense, with a crap footablling brain.

Foxbatt

These kind of players should be used as a battering ram. You get them either on to start and run the opposition ragged and then bring on another pace merchant or bring him on later when the opposing defense is tired.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
His combination of strengh, pace and dribbling ability is just so off the charts that I feel even if he does indeed lack end product there has to be some tactical role that he will be extremely valuable in, it's just a matter of creating the right context for him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
And James isn't? It's only his first season in the PL, give him some time. Traore wasn't always like this, I remember he was completely hopeless at Boro. It's only when he started packing on the muscle while retaining his explosive pace that hes starting to look like a threat. He's a flat track bully in the purest sense, with a crap footablling brain.
Not to the extent that Traore is. Traore is a far better dribbler (arguably the best in the league) and has much better close control than James. Combine that with being even faster than James and obviously a physical monster, and you have somebody who is pretty much impossible to deal with on his day.

That doesn't mean he is or will end up a better player than James, but he certainly has a higher potential. That's nothing against James himself; in terms of pure potential there aren't many players in the world ahead of Traore. It's just that he's always looked extremely unlikely to reach that level because of his poor footballing intelligence. Something that he does seem to be improving on recently.

simplyared

He's one of those players who's impact on a game depends on whether he's a starter or whether he comes off the bench. As a starter: no. Off the bench: yes. A bit like our own manager was!

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Bollocks he is . He is bang average and his appearances at Wolves should tell you that
Outside of United I never hear anyone talk about James. You guys tend to overrate your players more than any fans. For years I been hating how great Shaw is and never saw it

Tel074

Exactly his day is never often enough

Tel074

He’s got far more in his locker than James and is better at James’s best attribute.
That's your opinion . James has alot more than total speed while that's all Traore has. Honestly because Klopp has come out and praised him you lot are touching yourselfs thinking we should spend 50 mil on him . He hardly ever starts for Wolves for godsake