Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He must start every week. And not at right-back.

Bear Attack

He did brilliantly to get away from the fullback only to go for goal from an impossible position. As talented as he is, it really showed his immaturity.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Some really nice work with the ball at his feet, but I'm not sure any of his final balls or decisions were right today. Needs to improve in that area in the next match, because once he does that, with the ease he goes past players he will cause problems for every team

Golden Nugget

Was great for a period - looked absolutely deadly. After Swansea changed thee right back eh was no here as effective. Really needs better decision making and to pass it around more.

El Zoido

He looks to have matured over the summer. Will be top class and I agree, should start every week.

RedStarUnited

He looks to have matured over the summer. Will be top class and I agree, should start every week.
Matured?
He made the wrong decision nearly every time he got past his marker. He had the winger and LB in his pocket yet failed to make much out of it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Our best player - but like everyone else in our side - needs to do better/you expect more from him.

El Zoido

Matured?
He made the wrong decision nearly every time he got past his marker. He had the winger and LB in his pocket yet failed to make much out of it.
I meant physically. Doesn't look like a skinny kid anymore.

DFreshKing

With our current options he should be in one of the three front positions.

If Welbeck and RVP are not ready for the next game I hope he starts.

Blue always red

This shows what a good, direct player can do. Adnan is not pacy, but when you're driving at defenders the only things they can do is double up on you, or put a foot in at which point a player as talented as Januzaj will glide past them.

The same can be said of Welbeck. He drives the ball forward, but I don't think he has the dribbling ability of Adnan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He looked a lot fitter, bulkier, not as scrawny as last year. I like that. Doesn't need to overdo it of course but I think if he's given a first team place he can do brilliantly.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Decision making was woeful but he has the confidence to beat a man.

Acole9

Outstanding
He played well when he came on. Made one or two wrong choices and took the shot on instead of playing a teammate in but apart from that he was good.

MDFC Manager

Was clearly trying to impress, and hence the wrong calls. He now looks to have the physique to play week in week out. Certainly the most exciting player in the squad.

ghagua

Looked like the most dangerous attacker when he came on. Van Gaal needs to find a way to start him in most matches.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He needs to make better decisions because he is the only one actually capable of positive play right now. The rest of our attackers can only dream of having his ability to cause problems for the opposition at this current point in time.

FromTheBench

Watching that video again and though a bright spark he was bit unlike himself today as in too selfish.

When he plays on the right should use his right foot to cross more as well when cutting in. Has done it for the U21s and even the first team in the past so he can but don't know why he is so reluctant at times to do so.

Still showed so many bright sparks. Dunno, why he was shifted wide left after the formation change.

Red Phoenix Rising

Selfish or not - the guy is incredible on the ball. Tell every wide/forward player in our squad to do or play like this kid. Anywhere between the half way line and the byline have two free wingers to play forward and just give them the ball and send them on their way toward goal. Have your insides support.

He single handedly got Taylor booked, then hooked and set up the first goal with his ability on the ball. He is going to be some player.

Selfishness aside of course. Just another kid in the big city trying to make it.

In Rainbows

The bit of footwork to lose a defender was impressive. Also thought he made a great long pass to Rooney who should have done better with it.

m1y2

if he managed 70mins today he can certainly be ready next week to play the whole match. Give him the free robben role off striker..the lad will be as important for us as last year. He looks stronger and as confident as ever..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His final ball was inconsistent but he looked so dangerous throughout, a reminder to many who may have forgotten what he could bring. Definitely bulked up a bit, not too much that he loses agility or something, and could do with more, but enough to not get bullied out of games occasionally. Seems quicker as well. Think he'll go on to have a great season, as long as we switch to a formation that makes him first choice (a 4-3-3, as long as we buy players for it as well).

AkaAkuma

I meant physically. Doesn't look like a skinny kid anymore.
I agree with you, he can hold his own more than last season. Thats the biggest positive from the game. He still made bad decisions at times tho.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
He's too selfish. Needs to start making the right decisions when in the final third instead of trying to be a Ronaldo.
Improved decision making will come with age. He's just 19. If we curb his individuality at this stage, it'll only limit his overall potential as a player.

newgiz

Our best attacker in the game yesterday. I can see why Gary Neville and several others have tipped him to greatness. The boy is excellent. The decision making as Invictus says will come with maturity. After Ronaldo, this is the first time I have felt that we have a player who could get the crowd off their seats. A joy to watch him play. What I love most about his play is how eases past his opponents with minimal fuss.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Yesterday was a good example of the difference between Sterling & Januzaj, Sterling very often stays calm in the final third, while Januzaj doesnt, it ends up with a bad pass or with an useless shot, if he works on that he will soon be one of the best wingers around.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Yesterday was a good example of the difference between Sterling & Januzaj, Sterling very often stays calm in the final third, while Januzaj doesnt, it ends up with a bad pass or with an useless shot, if he works on that he will soon be one of the best wingers around.
You're spot on there mate. But to be fair to Januzaj he's more than a year behind Sterling in the maturation process. I remember this time last year Liverpool fans were equally dismayed with Sterling's poor choices both on and off the field. But he had a quantum leap in terms of performance in the season gone by. IMO Adnan will follow a similar trajectory and have a breakout year, or atleast that's what most of us are hoping for. :)

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Our best attacking player yesterday by some distance, which says something about his ability, but also how terrible the others were. Still a little rash when it comes to decisions on the ball, but i'm confident that LvG will improve that area of his game.

It's still early to say, but i honestly don't see how he could fit in as a wingback in a 352 system. He could surely do a job as a no.10, but we already have that area well stocked.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was selfish but he looks a level above the rest of our attackers in terms of pure ability. Rooney and mata need to show some similar class.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Our best attacking player yesterday by some distance, which says something about his ability, but also how terrible the others were. Still a little rash when it comes to decisions on the ball, but i'm confident that LvG will improve that area of his game.

It's still early to say, but i honestly don't see how he could fit in as a wingback in a 352 system. He could surely do a job as a no.10, but we already have that area well stocked.
I think he could play in the front two as a second striker or sorts. Or if mata continues being a passenger then maybe as the number 10.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Players with his ability will always have that element of selfishness about them and that is what makes them stand out above the rest. It's good that he's trying to cut inside and score on his left foot like Robben does. If he had a better shot in him, he might have scored a couple yesterday.

Dan_F

I agree with everyone saying he's got to play, I was thinking exactly the same thing during the match yesterday. He was a bit more wasteful than usual, but he really is the only player in our team who can beat his man. He also seems to see different passes to everyone else. For so long we've been used to the same shitty sideways passing, I love it when he makes those direct passes into Rooney (so long as he can control it) as it take 2-3 defenders out instantly.

LR7

He isn't normally selfish at all though. He hasn't had a preseason so doesn't have many games under his belt going into this season - before yesterday he'd only played the 30mins or so against Valencia. His decision making will improve as his mental and physical sharpness improves through playing more games.

He is currently the only player in our team who gets you off the edge of your seat. He's such an exciting player to watch because he is such a positive player and his first instinct is to get the ball, turn and run at defenders. He's the only player who actually tries to make things happen at the moment. I think he needs to be starting every game as we just look far more dangerous with him in the side as he puts the opposition on the back foot. He's not afraid to take people on.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
There were quite a few games last season when he carried us or looked the only potent threat. Hope we don't go into this season with Januzaj being the only player who can pose a genuine attacking threat with his pace/trickery. Every other team has at least 3 attacking players who are of a similar ilk and we have Young, Nani and Valencia FFS. It would also be criminal to rely on a 19 year old to come up with the goods consistently. The way he glides past players effortlessly is so eerily reminiscent of Kaka and he has the potential to become one of the best in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.