Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yesterday was a good example of the difference between Sterling & Januzaj, Sterling very often stays calm in the final third, while Januzaj doesnt, it ends up with a bad pass or with an useless shot, if he works on that he will soon be one of the best wingers around.
Sterling is also a season ahead in his playing development though. I agree with the point, but Januzaj will grow into his decision making as time passes.

RedOldBoy

Sterling is also a season ahead in his playing development though. I agree with the point, but Januzaj will grow into his decision making as time passes.
I hope so, because if he doesn't we'll have another Nani in the squad. Btw we seem to have no player that can actually cross... worrying

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I hope so, because if he doesn't we'll have another Nani in the squad. Btw we seem to have no player that can actually cross... worrying
Nani is just plain inconsistent, nothing to do with decision making. Januzaj is just showing a bid of greed, trying to do something special on his own to impress the new manager. He's shown good consistency over the last season in a very bad team.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
:lol: Typical Redcafe reactionary bollocks. He's played next to no football and it showed with his final ball and decision making. That's all. The lad's quality.

United22

Want him and Welbeck to be permanent starters in our squad very soon. Rooney, RvP and Mata can fight it out for what is left

ThanksBoss26

Januzaj hasn't yet played in a confident United team, unlike Sterling at Liverpool. We've been on our knees ever since he broke into the first team. There was a stage last season around the Sunderland semi final when he was pretty much carrying us on his own, which can't be good.

I've never quite understood comparisons about who is better, they're pointless. But Januzaj has the potential to be top quality. I just hope we can keep his development going this season and more pace and quality on the other flank (as well as elsewhere in the team) wouldn't go amiss.

RedOldBoy

Nani is just plain inconsistent, nothing to do with decision making. Januzaj is just showing a bid of greed, trying to do something special on his own to impress the new manager. He's shown good consistency over the last season in a very bad team.
His all round play is very good for his age, and under LVG he is bound to improve but what strikes me with him and most of the squad is that no one can perform that killer pass and find the strikers and we rarely do decent crosses in the box.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
His all round play is very good for his age, and under LVG he is bound to improve but what strikes me with him and most of the squad is that no one can perform that killer pass and find the strikers and we rarely do decent crosses in the box.
Sorry but I have to violently disagree with you on that one. Before yesterday his crossing and through balls were perhaps the finest on the team, at least if you look at last season. He'd played 20 minutes of football this season before yesterday and still played at a decent level. I wouldnt draw any negative conclussions on that front just yet.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Are some posters really complaining about the decision making of a 19 year old in his second senior season that has been training for 2 weeks?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:lol: Typical Redcafe reactionary bollocks. He's played next to no football and it showed with his final ball and decision making. That's all. The lad's quality.
You could make a very long bloopers reel of incredibly poor shots from distance in his short United career, in fairness, and that's either down to poor technique (and selfishness) or a lack of composure in key moments. That's something you could say about him in plenty of games, not just this one.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I can't believe people are complaining about the only positive thing from yesterday's game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You could make a very long bloopers reel of incredibly poor shots from distance in his short United career, in fairness, and that's either down to poor technique (and selfishness) or a lack of composure in key moments. That's something you could say about him in plenty of games, not just this one.
Yeah he does have a really poor shot from range. Or at least, when he's running with the ball he tends to miss hit it more often then not, as he did once or twice yesterday. Think it's more to do with a lack of composure when he gets within range, he wants to just have a pop at goal rather then focus on getting good contact or making the right decision.

RedOldBoy

Sorry but I have to violently disagree with you on that one. Before yesterday his crossing and through balls were perhaps the finest on the team, at least if you look at last season. He'd played 20 minutes of football this season before yesterday and still played at a decent level. I wouldnt draw any negative conclussions on that front just yet.
However you have to agree that our crossing has been dreadful in the past year with Fulham at home being the most appropriate example of that. I agree that Januzaj has been far more creative than any of the other players but is he going to be a regular starter this season? He isn't a proper wing back and he could cost us at times, mostly against top 7 opposition. Getting back to the topic, I have to say that I don't really remember how many good crosses he delivered against teams in the top half of the table...

SiRed

The way he just gluides past fullbacks is pure elgence. He makes it look so silky and smooth.
For every shot he whistles wide and every cross that floats into the keepers grasp, there is one of a 19 year old Zidane also.
How people can moan i don't understand. He is our shinning light at the end of this looooong dark tunnel of watching space.

In Rainbows

However you have to agree that our crossing has been dreadful in the past year with Fulham at home being the most appropriate example of that. I agree that Januzaj has been far more creative than any of the other players but is he going to be a regular starter this season? He isn't a proper wing back and he could cost us at times, mostly against top 7 opposition. Getting back to the topic, I have to say that I don't really remember how many good crosses he delivered against teams in the top half of the table...
Januzaj is probably the best crosser the team has, but he isn't always going to cross it in. He also likes to use his left foot to cross, so he will cross more often from the left wing than the right wing. He's not like Valencia who will always look to cross so you won't see him crossing it in all the time.

Here is the bit of footwork he used to get the foul.

Here is a great pass that Rooney failed to control.

Yeah he does have a really poor shot from range. Or at least, when he's running with the ball he tends to miss hit it more often then not, as he did once or twice yesterday. Think it's more to do with a lack of composure when he gets within range, he wants to just have a pop at goal rather then focus on getting good contact or making the right decision.
I thought Januzaj improved on his long range shooting last season compared to his time in the reserves. He used to scuff his shot more often in 2013. I hope he continues to improve in that regard, because some of his shots are really bad.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Januzaj is probably the best crosser the team has, but he isn't always going to cross it in. He also likes to use his left foot to cross, so he will cross more often from the left wing than the right wing. He's not like Valencia who will always look to cross so you won't see him crossing it in all the time.

Here is the bit of footwork he used to get the foul.

Here is a great pass that Rooney failed to control.

I thought Januzaj improved on his long range shooting last season compared to his time in the reserves. He used to scuff his shot more often in 2013. I hope he continues to improve in that regard, because some of his shots are really bad.
Damn. Especially that first clip is just fantastic.

JackXX

I agree with the people saying play him up front. I don't want to see him as a wing back again in his career!

JSMHE

We should try to find a way how to get the best out of this guy. Not playing him in wingback.

Dante

Average bang
If Mata continues to be indifferent, I'd play Januzaj as the #10. His pace and dribbling would commit defenders, and free up space for the front 2. It'd be especially useful when RvP is playing because then at least we'd have someone with pace in the front 3.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I was shocked when he was being played at wing back. Talk about wasting our best dribbler
Same, but I doubt LVG is the type of guy who'd make such a decision without thinking it through.. it was probably a good test to see how diligent Januzaj could be in an unfamiliar position or whether he'd throw a sulk. It is a credit to Adnan he could look rather menacing in a position where most his dribbles were starting from the halfway line.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Same, but I doubt LVG is the type of guy who'd make such a decision without thinking it through.. it was probably a good test to see how diligent Januzaj could be in an unfamiliar position or whether he'd throw a sulk. It is a credit to Adnan he could look rather menacing in a position where most his dribbles were starting from the halfway line.
Adnan is great and his enthusiam will make him play with a fresh attitude no matter the position, we're just so weak at the moment without certain players that Adnan is one of our best players, we should utilize him better.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Adnan is great and his enthusiam will make him play with a fresh attitude no matter the position, we're just so weak at the moment without certain players that Adnan is one of our best players, we should utilize him better.
I've been saying for ages he needs to be playing at number 10. It is his long term position and we kind of need him tbh as the other number 10's are desperately underwhelming at the moment. People rave about Ross Barkley.. but Januzaj is potentially better in that role, we just need to see it in action.

LR7

In fairness to LvG he obviously spotted this and switched the system to 4-4-1-1 so that Januzaj was playing on the wing in the start of the second half with Jones at RB.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
In fairness to LvG he obviously spotted this and switched the system to 4-4-1-1 so that Januzaj was playing on the wing in the start of the second half with Jones at RB.
Yes he fortunately did and hopefully we won't see it happening in next matches.

revel911

We are missing pace, so why not play him as teh second striker till RvP gets back, then play him in the 10 over Mata. I think Rooney and RvP could work if they have Adnan behind them to inject pace, allowing Rooney and Adnan to switch continually.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
What's truly amazing is how he's played so few games as a no 10.
I wouldn't say it's truly amazing when he is a teenager who has Rooney, Kagawa and Mata all in that role while he himself does so well out wide.

REJE

Too selfish lol.. He's a flair player, you don't give him orders to pass the ball at every given chance, doing so will just stop him making those insane runs he does.

Salfordlad70

Januzaj should be given a firm run in the team. Sterling is showing how a little trust and patience is paying off and Ronaldo was kept in the team despite some awful form and performances early on in his united career. This lad should be starting for me.

revel911

If Mata continues to be indifferent, I'd play Januzaj as the #10. His pace and dribbling would commit defenders, and free up space for the front 2. It'd be especially useful when RvP is playing because then at least we'd have someone with pace in the front 3.
I think we need to anyways to adda bit of pace in the spot.

RooneyLegend

I wouldn't say it's truly amazing when he is a teenager who has Rooney, Kagawa and Mata all in that role while he himself does so well out wide.
we've played a lot of matches that didn't matter much and he could've been given a chance in the position.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I think he has to play. He has the excitement factor that Ronaldo had when he was first coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.