Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Fantastic match tonight, but even if it is below his level, I'm glad he got a game in. Everyone on this board knows there aren't enough fixtures this season, but that'll hopefully be a much different situation next year.

Tribec

It shouldn't be to big a shock that he's not performing at the levels he did last year in the first team. I honestly don't think he should have gone to Brazil, but given the situation I didn't think he'd turn the call up down for a World Cup. My opinion is that he's come back very tired and is slowly regaining his fitness and form. Plus it could be suggested it's second season syndrome, with other players a bit wiser to him and he's not able to get away as much as he did last season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I thought Falcao would deck him for taking that ill advised shot in the end instead of squaring it to the strikers in the box. :lol:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Falcao looked pissed off when he didn't square the ball to him, it was hilarious. :lol:

Dr Fink

He'll learn, I hope. Looked to have lost the spark he had in the two home games this season. He is only 19 aspeople keep saying. His decision making needs major improvement. A bit like Ronnie when he arrived.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Up there as one of the worst substitute appearances in our modern history. Awful yesterday. His decision making means whenever he comes on, we cannot afford to let him be within 60 yards of goal. This is going to be a long and tough season for him at this rate when last season gave hope to much more. Simply put, we cannot expect any level of reasonable impact from the boy this season on his current form.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions beyond the above paragraph. Just hope he knuckles down, develops his brain and grows to become a key player for United over the next 3 years.

In good news for Adnan, 2 months ago, without the arrivals, there was pressure on him for instant results all the time. Now, he has an opportunity to regroup a bit, learn from the experience and develop with these new players. This season he will not be the go to man for an impact any more or the young hope with all of the answers. This can actually be a positive in his long term progression.
Wow, just wow.

GloryHunter07

Up there as one of the worst substitute appearances in our modern history. Awful yesterday. His decision making means whenever he comes on, we cannot afford to let him be within 60 yards of goal. This is going to be a long and tough season for him at this rate when last season gave hope to much more. Simply put, we cannot expect any level of reasonable impact from the boy this season on his current form.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions beyond the above paragraph. Just hope he knuckles down, develops his brain and grows to become a key player for United over the next 3 years.

In good news for Adnan, 2 months ago, without the arrivals, there was pressure on him for instant results all the time. Now, he has an opportunity to regroup a bit, learn from the experience and develop with these new players. This season he will not be the go to man for an impact any more or the young hope with all of the answers. This can actually be a positive in his long term progression.
You cant be that stupid..

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Not his best game, and to be honest he has been average every time he has played this season. He has so much potential, but so far this season his decision making has been really poor at times. I get the feeling that he is starting to feel the pressure a bit to perform this season. Last season he basically had no pressure on him as he was breaking through, but this season expectations are high. Probably to high to be honest, and I feel it is getting to him a bit. Really needs a few full games in a row to settle himself back down and get back to doing what he does best.
In the first game of the season he was our best player I thought, but yeah since then his decision making has gotten worse.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings

:lol::lol::lol:

Best parts in bold.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Low on quality but it's all that could be found on youtube. Well taken goals and seems a bit less nervous in the interview. Waiting for the Corrigan guy's compilation now. :D

ZDwyr

Glad he scored a few. Obviously you'd expect him to standout at that level but good for his confidence.

walsh

What the feck did I just read?

Also that performance tonight was brilliant, even if he did look like he was playing against kids in the park.

Devil may care

Same formation that we played yesterday? Very interesting that. Could be quite telling.
I think so, much like the reserves switched to 3-5-2 when the senior team was playing it.

Took his goals really well and was clearly a country mile ahead of everyone else on the pitch, but I like the mentality it shows. Many young players would have sulked after being the star of the season and then having to go back and play a reserve game, but instead he took it as an opportunity to showcase himself.

JSMHE

Watching Januzaj in his quality right now play with U21 is a pain. I understand if he is unfit or just came back from injury like Shaw. But I think he is fit and has spend his games so far this season without a single start. Not even in Capital One Cup. I hope LVG can find out a way to give this guy a starter place.

Coxy

Watching Januzaj in his quality right now play with U21 is a pain. I understand if he is unfit or just came back from injury like Shaw. But I think he is fit and has spend his games so far this season without a single start. Not even in Capital One Cup. I hope LVG can find out a way to give this guy a starter place.
But if he is fit - and LVG can't find a way to give him a start - then it's better that he plays with the U21s each week - he needs game time. If he can't get it properly with your main team then U21 is the way to go.

ChrisNelson

Great performance last night, particularly first half. At 3-0 I saw a cricket score coming but things died down a bit. Each time the camera panned to Januzaj I couldn't help but feel he looked a bit pi$$ed off to be playing for the U21s. Maybe it was just me.
Hopefully he is mature enough (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) to realise that with the quality we now have, he will not play as regularly as last season but is still a very important part of Manchester United's future.
Shame about the CoC defeat because a good run in that is a good extra few competitive first team games up to March meaning he could hit the ground running if required for the League run-in.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think a loan would be best for his development right now.

Playing 90 minutes week in week out for a midtable side would be great for his development.

The problem with that is that it would be perceived as us turning our back on youth once again which is a PR nightmare right now.

Sam

I'm guessing Rio's latest comments were about Januzaj?

RedSRM

Playing 90 minutes week in week out for a midtable side would be great for his development.

The problem with that is that it would be perceived as us turning our back on youth once again which is a PR nightmare right now.
A loan would probably do him good (if it were the right kind of club) but I think he could be of use to us this season. I know we don't have a ton of fixtures but I'd still like to see him in the squad, especially if we get injuries to our wingers/forwards. He's got great quality and I think he's good enough to mix it with the top players. Granted though it might be difficult for him to get a good run in the side considering no cup football until January.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think a spell on the sidelines will be good for januzaj. He's only a 19 year old and I think he was starting to feel too big for his shoes and feel as if he made it already. Crying for not being in the starting 11 as a teenager is ridiculous for example. Going to the world cup and getting the #11 shirt probably would make him feel even bigger then before too.

Hopefully he stays focused and determined to make it, and patient most of all. Van Gaal putting him in the u21's is a good reminder to him I think that he's still got a long way to go.

Superpolfcb

I think a spell on the sidelines will be good for januzaj. He's only a 19 year old and I think he was starting to feel too big for his shoes and feel as if he made it already. Crying for not being in the starting 11 as a teenager is ridiculous for example. Going to the world cup and getting the #11 shirt probably would make him feel even bigger then before too.

Hopefully he stays focused and determined to make it, and patient most of all. Van Gaal putting him in the u21's is a good reminder to him I think that he's still got a long way to go.
That's something the Belgian press also reported about his attitude during training in Brazil.

I'm certain he'll make it though. It's just a phase young players have to go through, his performance for the U21's yesterday (and interview) was an example that there's not a big problem with his mentality. Pogba for example didn't have that same joy on the pitch when he had to play U21 football after his first team subs.

He might have been a bit arrogant after last season, but with his dad and Van Gaal around that will be fixed soon (or has been fixed already)

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Was it him who cried? Rio didn't name check, either way he looks mature in that interview.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Cheers !

Yup. This is why I think it's brilliant that Adnan has someone like Ryan Giggs to use as a sounding board. He's been through it all - superstardom at a young age, temptation, loads of cash, media attention, pressure and expectations of performing week in and week out. AFAIK Ryan was of massive help to Ronaldo in his early years too. One could sense their mutual admiration even after the European Cup win in Moscow. Giggs could be a similar father figure for Januzaj in a football sense.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Loaning out young players is not bad. That doesn't mean we turning our backs on them. We have sending them out to get more game time and improve their game so they have a chance at the first team when they come back depending on if they impressed. Selling a young player who has so much potential like Januzaj will not be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.