Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Holy Crap! The negativity on this thread surrounding Adnan is mindblowing. I have no doubt in my mind that he will shine for us.

I'm still not sure about the loan though. Considering that we will be in the CL, all the cup games and league games next season, we may need all the right talent at our disposal if we hope to do a treble.

Yes, I believe we will be capable of it with some brilliant transfer market activity.

I also hope that our medical staff does some root cause analysis on our string of injuries...

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Holy Crap! The negativity on this thread surrounding Adnan is mindblowing. I have no doubt in my mind that he will shine for us.

I'm still not sure about the loan though. Considering that we will be in the CL, all the cup games and league games next season, we may need all the right talent at our disposal if we hope to do a treble.

Yes, I believe we will be capable of it with some brilliant transfer market activity.

I also hope that our medical staff does some root cause analysis on our string of injuries...
:lol:

How about challenging for the title first?

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
A loan might not be the best option unless he feels confident about it and his english has improved a lot. It might not be easy for a kid of refugees to adapt constantly to a new environment. I also think that the whole situation with deciding which national team to represent has not been helpful. He was under a lot of pressure to make a decision. Ultimately he (or his parents/advisors) decided what would have been in any possible case a makeshift decision, since their was not an obvious choice. I don't know whether he fully accepted the fact that he'll play for Belgium now.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He speaks perfectly fine English.
Okay, I wasn't aware of that. In the few clips I saw from him he wasn't talking a lot so I assumed that he didn't feel comfortable enough communicating in english.

Bwuk

He needs games. Barely plays and comes off the bench when he's not in form and people expect magic.

JoaquinJoaquin

Not sure where people just pluck random clubs from to loan him to. But yeah it seems clear that he needs to be playing on a consistent base somewhere, In the Premier League preferably to as it will be no good him going abroad and doing well but coming back and struggling to adapt to the EPL after. If we bring Nani back next season as cover then that would probably be the best scenario for him to go out on loan.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Bags of potential but definitely worrying that he seems to be going backwards pretty quickly. Obviously largely down to a huge lack of opportunities.

Not the biggest fans of loan moves myself but it's looking increasingly like this would be a good option for next season. I'd rather keep him for the first half of the season though just because there's many more opportunities to get a game with the FA Cup games, CL group stages and League cup also.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Thought it was a strange sub to bring on, he lacks so much composure in the final third at times.

Might be best for him to spend a season or two on loan, somewhere where he can start the majority of games.

ChrisG11

I still don't get the notion that he needs games. He's coming on and he's clearly struggling, that to me says the last thing he needs is games because he's not fully adapted to what he's supposed to be doing. Playing well for this current side is a lot different to playing well under a lacklustre Moyes side last year. He's only recently turned 20 and he's pretty much always picked in the squad of 18, I think he's exactly where he should be at the moment and we'll probably see the best of him next season.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Should have been sent on loan in January, don't want him to go on loan next season. There will be enough games going around next season for him to get his share.

I am not worried about him. He has plenty of time on his side.

jb8521

A lot of whats being said here is similar to what was being said about McNair and to a lesser degree Shaw before Saturday and now people are raving over them again and saying they should be first choice. Its as if people judge a player entirely based on the past month of his career or often the last game. Januzaj has shown how talented he is now its about kicking on and becoming more consistent in the good things he does. He has looked anxious at times this season especially when he's come on in games as if he has to prove himself which has meant he hasn't played his natural game but this is nothing new with young players. There's some ridiculous revisionism going on here with some people saying the only game he's done well in was the Sunderland game last year and comparing him to Macheda which is blatantly not true considering he was man of the match in 5 or 6 games last year and has made a positive contribution in games this season including a very good cameo appearance off the bench against Sunderland at the end of February. The funny thing is that as with McNair the next time he plays and does well people will be hyping him up massively again rather than accepting that inconsistency is normal with young players and just as a few good games doesn't mean someone is the new Messi neither does a few bad games mean someone isn't up to it and never will be.

RU Devil

Adnan kind of reminds me of a young Nani, not necessarily in skills & talent, but in inconsistency of results. He definitely shined last year, but then seems to have been found out by EPL defenders and needs to make the next step in his progression. Nani's problem was that he tended to try to do too much by himself and not as much in a team situation (i.e. tracking back, workrate, etc.). Nani did progress, and so I hope so for Adnan. He needs to learn to release the ball a bit quicker, instead of doing by himself. He was allowed to do so last year because we were so short of talent, belief, & ideas, but now that the team has added better players and progressed under LVG, he still hasn't gotten the whole team/LVG philosophy thing yet. It's much tougher since it seems he sees himself as a #10 instead of a winger, but at this time, I don't think he's our best #10. Best he play a similar role to Mata (i.e. false right wing), but at this time, Mata is definitely outplaying him.

bpet15

So is the way of a big club like United. What this will really come down to is a decision that Van Gaal will have to make. I am not convinced that he needs to go out on loan but I am convinced that he needs game time.

I don't think you can get a feel for how someone will perform long term until they are thrown to the wolves so to speak. We were having this same conversation about Mata, Fellaini and Young months ago when they were getting 20-30 minute cameos. Now they have had a successful run of games and all our of tunes have changed about each of them. If LVG feels that he a player isn't worth the look to start 4-5 consecutive games then they need to be cut loose.

matt23

He is rapidly turning into one of the least threatening wingers in the Premier League. I've got nothing against him and we all want the best for him, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our first team plans for next season and, given how poor he's been off the bench for over a year, a loan would seem the most sensible approach for me. Even Clevs' has started to resemble a professional footballer again lately, give Adnan a full season with a confidence manager and I'd bet on him coming back twice the player he currently is.

Hit It

Needs to hit the gym, gain some muscle. I think that will help him to keep the ball better and also gives himself enough time to see whose around him. We've seen very little of him this season so naturally his progression has stunted but once he bulks up a bit, I'm sure he will be able to adapt to LVG's philosophy of possession style football.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A lot of whats being said here is similar to what was being said about McNair and to a lesser degree Shaw before Saturday and now people are raving over them again and saying they should be first choice. Its as if people judge a player entirely based on the past month of his career or often the last game. Januzaj has shown how talented he is now its about kicking on and becoming more consistent in the good things he does. He has looked anxious at times this season especially when he's come on in games as if he has to prove himself which has meant he hasn't played his natural game but this is nothing new with young players. There's some ridiculous revisionism going on here with some people saying the only game he's done well in was the Sunderland game last year and comparing him to Macheda which is blatantly not true considering he was man of the match in 5 or 6 games last year and has made a positive contribution in games this season including a very good cameo appearance off the bench against Sunderland at the end of February. The funny thing is that as with McNair the next time he plays and does well people will be hyping him up massively again rather than accepting that inconsistency is normal with young players and just as a few good games doesn't mean someone is the new Messi neither does a few bad games mean someone isn't up to it and never will be.
He's a developing player and needs to go on loan to develop further since he isn't likely to play much for us next year. McNair is as well, although defenders are obviously held to a different standard than creative attackers. Shaw on the other hand is in a different category in that he has had a full year or more of Prem time and has managed to establish himself as a very good player worthy of starting role.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The negativity here is sad. He showed that he has immense potential last season but obviously needs more games. It is also clear that his learning curve is not linear and that there are ups and downs

jb8521

He's a developing player and needs to go on loan to develop further since he isn't likely to play much for us next year. McNair is as well, although defenders are obviously held to a different standard than creative attackers. Shaw on the other hand is in a different category in that he has had a full year or more of Prem time and has managed to establish himself as a very good player worthy of starting role.
Im not sure of the logic of sending a player who is in the 18 for every game out on loan when 1 or 2 injuries could mean he would be starting games regularly and especially when were going into a season where there will be more games than this season. Its all well and good saying he should have gone out on loan this season since he hasn't played much but if we had an injury to Mata or Young people would be questioning why we sent him out on loan and left ourselves short. Its all well and good saying he would develop better on loan but thats not always the case as we've seen with many of our players in the past.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Im not sure of the logic of sending a player who is in the 18 for every game out on loan when 1 or 2 injuries could mean he would be starting games regularly and especially when were going into a season where there will be more games than this season. Its all well and good saying he should have gone out on loan this season since he hasn't played much but if we had an injury to Mata or Young people would be questioning why we sent him out on loan and left ourselves short. Its all well and good saying he would develop better on loan but thats not always the case as we've seen with many of our players in the past.
The logic of sending players on loan is self-explanatory - to develop their skills and give them playing time. Having Januzaj languish on the bench in case 1 or 2 injuries happen in his position is completely counterintuitive and would prevent him from gaining experience and confidence to move his game to the next level. A good number of our younger players go on loans including the likes of Welbeck, Cleverley, and others so why should Januzaj, who has obviously regressed from last year, be immune from taking the same path.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
A confidence player with no confidence. Its glaringly obvious that the lack of play time and some poor performances have seriously hurt him. I don't want him to go on loan but maybe it is best that he does.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
The negativity here is sad. He showed that he has immense potential last season but obviously needs more games. It is also clear that his learning curve is not linear and that there are ups and downs
bingo.

i see he's playing with the u21's today. hopefully he has a good 90 minutes today.

RU Devil

Not sure a loan would be the best for him, especially since he's close to the cusp of being a regular, at least on the match day 18. Maybe going out on loan helps build back his confidence, but if he plays on a lesser team, getting away with dribbling around players all the time, it doesn't help him for our needs. LVG obviously sees something there since he kept him around instead of loaning him out, but I don't think Adnan has a full buy-in or understanding of what the next step up that is required of him. It's possible all the training with the first team will do just as much for him as loaning him out, especially if he gets the system and what is asked of him.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Is it possible to loan a player and recall them if you get numerous injuries in that players' position? I'm sure that used to happen quite regularly, but I've not heard of it happening for years.

Hed Zitin

He should get a season long loan with a break clause if he isn't getting enough games after a certain amount of months. A string of games and he'll come good.

RooneyLegend

Needs a loan, we can't afford to bottle his development. This year has taken him absolutely nowhere.

bpet15

Needs a loan, we can't afford to bottle his development. This year has taken him absolutely nowhere.
He has actually taken a step back in his development during this year. We all know that except for the elite of the elite, that there is always a little luck involved for a 19 year old to be part of the first XI in such a big club. As much as anything Adnan has been a victim of circumstance. New coach with a new philosophy trying new things. Once the squad started finding a little form the players in that squad were always going to stay on the pitch. This scenario plays out every season all over the world.

How many of you would have laughed if I told you in early August that come May, we would be 3rd place and two of our best performers will be Fellaini and Young..or even Mata for that matter? These were two players which we were screaming for the club to get rid last year and early this season. In the end, this is still a team sport and the best individuals aren't always the puzzle pieces needed for the team to perform at its best.

On the other hand, we could have easily still been 3rd with ADM and Januzaj playing much bigger roles with people still screaming to get rid of Young and Fellaini. There is so much timing and luck involved to force your way into an XI. Rafael is a prime example of this - he is not a worse player than he was a few years ago when starting in Europe...its just that once he was injured, it has been difficult to take others off the pitch and shake the squad up for no reason.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Would send him to Swansea next season. A year in a good footballing side, playing regular Premier League football and where he 'should' standout at the level. Failing that if Steve McClaren heads to Newcastle as rumoured, I could see that working out.

m1y2

quite a shit season for him, at first we didn't play him as we didn't play with wingers, then he got a sniff in as no8 where he did quite well for one game and some other comeos were more or less average at best. Seems like he lost all his confidence, not really going past players for under 21..

But he will be good with proper full next season. Loan would be good but then we would need one more winger than depay.. Although with Young, Depay, Januzaj and diMaria + Mata we are well covered for the whole season..

RooneyLegend

He has actually taken a step back in his development during this year. We all know that except for the elite of the elite, that there is always a little luck involved for a 19 year old to be part of the first XI in such a big club. As much as anything Adnan has been a victim of circumstance. New coach with a new philosophy trying new things. Once the squad started finding a little form the players in that squad were always going to stay on the pitch. This scenario plays out every season all over the world.

How many of you would have laughed if I told you in early August that come May, we would be 3rd place and two of our best performers will be Fellaini and Young..or even Mata for that matter? These were two players which we were screaming for the club to get rid last year and early this season. In the end, this is still a team sport and the best individuals aren't always the puzzle pieces needed for the team to perform at its best.

On the other hand, we could have easily still been 3rd with ADM and Januzaj playing much bigger roles with people still screaming to get rid of Young and Fellaini. There is so much timing and luck involved to force your way into an XI. Rafael is a prime example of this - he is not a worse player than he was a few years ago when starting in Europe...its just that once he was injured, it has been difficult to take others off the pitch and shake the squad up for no reason.
Hence he needs a loan where he can play as a 10 and develop further. His talent is there to see. We just need him to develop physically and tactically and we'll have a world class player on our hands.

jb8521

The logic of sending players on loan is self-explanatory - to develop their skills and give them playing time. Having Januzaj languish on the bench in case 1 or 2 injuries happen in his position is completely counterintuitive and would prevent him from gaining experience and confidence to move his game to the next level. A good number of our younger players go on loans including the likes of Welbeck, Cleverley, and others so why should Januzaj, who has obviously regressed from last year, be immune from taking the same path.
Im well aware of the logic but both of them were nowhere near the team when they went on loan where as Januzaj is and has played 20 games this season which isn't exactly bad for a 20 year old. Not every case is the same either certain players develop better purely from getting game time while others develop better from training with better coaches and players every day and learning the style that is actually wanted by the manager. The main difference from last year is that he was essentially given a free role last year to go and influence play and was given very little tactical instructions where as under van gaal players are given very specific jobs and if they don't do them they won't play. So if he goes out on loan he might develop certain things but if he comes back and still isn't doing what the manager wants then he won't be any closer to the team than he is now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Im well aware of the logic but both of them were nowhere near the team when they went on loan where as Januzaj is and has played 20 games this season which isn't exactly bad for a 20 year old. Not every case is the same either certain players develop better purely from getting game time while others develop better from training with better coaches and players every day and learning the style that is actually wanted by the manager. The main difference from last year is that he was essentially given a free role last year to go and influence play and was given very little tactical instructions where as under van gaal players are given very specific jobs and if they don't do them they won't play. So if he goes out on loan he might develop certain things but if he comes back and still isn't doing what the manager wants then he won't be any closer to the team than he is now.
Let's be honest, he doesn't have a chance given his current form, and his lack of playing time can only be attributed to a lack of progress in training, which of course Van Gaal and staff have awareness of and we don't. He's not going to displace Mata, Di Maria, or Depay next year so it would be utterly counterproductive to have him languish on the bench another year when he could be playing elsewhere.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Let's be honest, he doesn't have a chance given his current form, and his lack of playing time can only be attributed to a lack of progress in training, which of course Van Gaal and staff have awareness of and we don't. He's not going to displace Mata, Di Maria, or Depay next year so it would be utterly counterproductive to have him languish on the bench another year when he could be playing elsewhere.
He doesn't have to "displace" anyone to be worthy of a place in the squad next season. No harm waiting and seeing how he does in pre-season. Sometimes it just clicks and he's already played lots of games for the first XI. Doesn't need a huge improvement to nail down another season with the first team.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He doesn't have to "displace" anyone to be worthy of a place in the squad next season. No harm waiting and seeing how he does in pre-season. Sometimes it just clicks and he's already played lots of games for the first XI. Doesn't need a huge improvement to nail down another season with the first team.
The trouble is he's already with the first team and isn't playing. How would 2 consecutive seasons of not playing consistently affect his development in contrast to a loan where he could actually get 30-40 plus starts.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The trouble is he's already with the first team and isn't playing. How would 2 consecutive seasons of not playing consistently affect his development in contrast to a loan where he could actually get 30-40 plus starts.
He's not had a good second season. Which can happen to young talents. It happened to Raheem Sterling, for example. Like I said, no harm seeing how he does in pre-season. He's well capable of training on and being a key player next year. Seens premature to dismiss his chances just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.