Adnan Januzaj Exit Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Wasn't that long ago he was world-class on here.
Depends from which direction wind blows,thats how opinion change here. Its funny,if we didnt have change after FA cup and its same situation,most here would go berzerk but now most are in sheep mode.

prath92

I'm truly amazed you believe Januzaj under Moyes didn't show more than Lingard did last season. There's a reason why the Caf went crazy about the lad after that season. Things have gone downhill fot him since but how good he was then and the talent is unquestionable for me. That said, talent alone doesn't make a top footballer so he needs to get his head screwed right. I'd really prefer it happening here but even if he moves on, I hope he sorts himself out. He's tiers above the Lingards of this world as far as ability is concerned.
He showed some excellent play but he went missing in too many big games. Most of his excellent games were vs southampton Newcastle Sunderland and the likes. Lingard not only played really well vs Arsenal city Chelsea and all but he also scored two crucial goals in the FA cup and the community shield. Overall it's highly debatable.

In Rainbows

He showed some excellent play but he went missing in too many big games. Most of his excellent games were vs southampton Newcastle Sunderland and the likes. Lingard not only played really well vs Arsenal city Chelsea and all but he also scored two crucial goals in the FA cup and the community shield. Overall it's highly debatable.
Guess it depends on what you favor. The magical moments like Lingard's fa cup goal, or the more dominating performances of Januzaj. I don't think Lingard had those games where you thought "man, they just cannot stop him." Martial had those games, was more consistent, and had the end product.

Ixion

For instance players like Berba and Ozil are said to be lazy/don't care but, often the stats show they've covered the most distance in games..
I will give you £100* if you can find me a game where Berbatov covered more distance than anyone else. Literally just one game, you imply it happened often.

*I obviously wont really.

Wasn't that long ago he was world-class on here.
Comments like this are a little annoying. By "Wasn't that long ago" you mean two and a half years ago based on a small run of games. He has done barely anything like that since at here or Dortmund so yes I think people can change their minds as he obviously hasn't maintained the trajectory he was on. People aren't just being fickle from one week to the next, its over 2 years.

prath92

Guess it depends on what you favor. The magical moments like Lingard's fa cup goal, or the more dominating performances of Januzaj. I don't think Lingard had those games where you thought "man, they just cannot stop him." Martial had those games, was more consistent, and had the end product.
as i said, most of such performances were vs sunderland, fulham, newcastle and the likes. At the time i didnt mind him not performing in the big games as he was only in his first season for us and moyes was abysmal in tactics (i dont think he started in some big games admittedly). LIngard had more reliable performances in the sense even if he doesnt play well attacking wise, he would not be a liability and would cover his side well and track back efficiently.

VanGaalEra

Was hoping he could have stayed, had high hopes for him.

Now best to hope for is maybe a loan, or a sale with a buy back clause.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well I'm no contract lawyer myself but yes we can put any clause in a contract we want... but we can't make Adnan or another club sign it though if they don't want to
True

However these clauses are becoming quite popular lately especially in the Serie A where they struggle to find the cash to pay a player's full price. For example Real placed a buy back clause for Morata and they had now signed him back. It worked well for both parties. Real found someone who was ready to develop their player on their behalf. Juventus were able to benefit on a great young talent for a period of time and made a profit out of it.

AC Milan are more desperate then Juventus are. Berlusconi is close to sell the club to the Chinese and he has no intention to spend 1 penny more in what he believes to be a lost cause. The squad is in a bad shape and they need to sign players and sign them quickly

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Lingard has shown big game temperament. He seems a really confident guy.

In Rainbows

as i said, most of such performances were vs sunderland, fulham, newcastle and the likes. At the time i didnt mind him not performing in the big games as he was only in his first season for us and moyes was abysmal in tactics (i dont think he started in some big games admittedly). LIngard had more reliable performances in the sense even if he doesnt play well attacking wise, he would not be a liability and would cover his side well and track back efficiently.
Yep and that's something that allowed him to get playing time under LVG and Mou. That's also the reason why I think Adnan never stood a chance with Mou. He's a lot like Mata (at least before he came to United) in that he won't track back as often as a Lingard. That's also what kept him out of some playing time at Dortmund. Pretty sure he wasn't played in certain positions at times due to his lack of workrate.

GazTheLegend

When he's playing well, I love the way Januzaj plays. The closest comparison I have is Brian Laudrup and that is who he should model his game on.

But he has been desperately awful in his last 29 games for us and Dortmund and he needs to leave and mature. For all the talk of players "needing games" to
improve, look at Rashford and Lingard and how they have taken their chances.

Varun

Staff
He's a kid and was even more so 3yrs back. He's not expected to dominate games for us. The amount of dependency we showed spoke more about how terrible we were rather than his ability. Which other top club relies on a teenager the way we relied on him? In any case, I'm talking more about ability and talent and not immediate performances. Lingard hasn't shown me anything to feel he'll become a top player at a club liken ours. A great squad option seems to be his ceiling. Januzaj on the other hand has shown a lot more but unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have the attitude or grit that Lingard has. That said, he's still young and has time on his hand. There's absolutely no doubt who's the more exciting talent though and it's absolutely ridiculous how people are dissing on him because he looks to be leaving. Reminiscent of the pogba thread years ago btw where people were saying he couldn't even be arsed at reserve level, should be fecked off if he thinks he deserves a place etc etc.

Martial_Law

Good, little prick deserves the chop. How many young lads would relish the chance to play for BVB? What did he do? Spat his dummy out like a spoilt little brat. He is shit anyway, hopefully i can come back to a thread that he's left by mutual consent - i don't see why any club of any decent level would offer any value to take this little moron away from us. Kick him out the door the ungrateful cockend.

dove

Young players that don't play regular football don't succeed. This club has been horrible with young players for years. We keep talented lads in the reserves until they're in their twenties and act surprised when they don't have career's as expected. We sold a player like Tom Thorpe - who was talented, no doubt - in his twenties having played less than 15 professional football games. A player like him should have been out on loan years prior to that.

Januzaj's apparent poor attitude has been well documented, and that he's fecking around is his mistake, but he hasn't been developed particularly well either. He wasn't playing regularly during the first season under Van Gaal, then having started the first few games of last season (scoring against Villa), he was inexplicably sent out on loan to Germany. I still can't get my head around that move.

Januzaj's talent is clear. He can do things with the ball that many footballers simply cannot, and he's more than young enough to turn it around. A move away might be the best thing for him at this point, because moping about at United with a bad attitude will be a waste of everybody's time.

I still firmly believe he's got all of the game to develop into one of the best attacking midfielders around. A fresh start and a kick up the arse might just be the best thing for him.
The problem is that our fans have a tendency to massively overhype our young players. James Wilson (I haven't seen anything in him at all when he played), Cleverley (he was the next Scholes according to some...), Varela (doesn't matter that he cannot defend at all) and many many more who were supposed to be playing in starting XI but now playing in Championship instead. Januzaj? Yes, he was good for a few months when our team was in a state that it looked like he was the only one trying to do something on the pitch. He is still young, lots of time to turn it around but he needs to start working hard.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
:lol: Some posters huh ? fecking weird way of thinking. This "I love the player more than the club" is pathetic and this regarding any player, whether it's a legend or a young player who's proven feck all.
Completely feel the same way. I'm a bit callous but I always feel when we sell a player I hope they sink into obscurity or are doing alright for a midtable club. Last 4 years with Pogba has been torture in all honesty.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Completely feel the same way. I'm a bit callous but I always feel when we sell a player I hope they sink into obscurity or are doing alright for a midtable club. Last 4 years with Pogba has been torture in all honesty.
Tbh, once they leave, I feel no real attachment to them. If they do well (like Ronaldo for instance) then good for him and if they do badly, I won't mock them anymore than I would with other players. It's always and should always be about Man Utd.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Tbh, once they leave, I feel no real attachment to them. If they do well (like Ronaldo for instance) then good for him and if they do badly, I won't mock them anymore than I would with other players. It's always and should always be about Man Utd.
I'm the same as @FlawlessThaw. It's not so much as mocking them, or hoping they have a shit career though. It's just a horrible feeling knowing that we let a really class player slip through our fingers. That feeling of what might have been. The less I hear about ex-United players the better tbh.

prath92

He's a kid and was even more so 3yrs back. He's not expected to dominate games for us. The amount of dependency we showed spoke more about how terrible we were rather than his ability. Which other top club relies on a teenager the way we relied on him? In any case, I'm talking more about ability and talent and not immediate performances. Lingard hasn't shown me anything to feel he'll become a top player at a club liken ours. A great squad option seems to be his ceiling. Januzaj on the other hand has shown a lot more but unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have the attitude or grit that Lingard has. That said, he's still young and has time on his hand. There's absolutely no doubt who's the more exciting talent though and it's absolutely ridiculous how people are dissing on him because he looks to be leaving. Reminiscent of the pogba thread years ago btw where people were saying he couldn't even be arsed at reserve level, should be fecked off if he thinks he deserves a place etc etc.
im not sure. Gary Neville is someone who had no exceptional talent but did well. I think Lingard has intelligence to adapt to managers well and this is going to make him a regular in the matchday squad either on the bench or starting.

People thought that about Pogba but Pogba is an outlier frankly. A more apt comparison would be that POgba went to juve and broke into the team in a small time. Even his other games he did impressive stuff like scoring long rangers. Januzaj went to Dortmund where he had similar tough competition but couldnt force onto the bench itself a lot. I think Pogba had more hunger to succeed than januzaj seems to have

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Why does everyone believe all this shit in the media about Adnan?

He wants to play and being made train with the reserves at his age and reputation would grate with anyone.

Hopefully he goes to Sunderland and has a great season.

I still believe he has the quality to make it here.

Fcuk the biased corrupt lying media.
The bolded wouldn't look out of place on bluemoon.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...oss-jose-mourinho-8612632#fDo5oggKgHW0g1kV.97

Castles on Adnan

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho axes Adnan Januzaj from his squad after 'relaxed' approach to training

THE Belgium international is the most prominent of a group of younger United players made available for loan or sale by the Old Trafford manager.

ADNAN JANUZAJ lost his opportunity to become a part of Jose Mourinho's first Manchester United squad because of his “relaxed” attitude to pre-season training under the Premier League club's new manager.

The Belgium international, 21, is the most prominent of a group of younger Unitedplayers made available for loan or sale by Mourinho as he attempts to reduce a bloated squad down to manageable numbers while adding four signings he has described as “fundamental...to give a certain push in terms of the qualities that I need and want”.

Januzaj's camp have complained about the forward being listed for loan, leading to media reports that he neither received an explanation of his status nor why he has lost his shirt number to Anthony Martial.

Januzaj, who failed to establish himself in Borussia Dortmund's first team during a planned season-loan to the Bundelsiga club last season, has indicated that he would now prefer to leave Old Trafford on a full transfer.

Mourinho decided to exclude Januzaj from his senior squad because the group he inherited from Louis van Gaal was both unmanageably large in size and of insufficient quality to challenge for the Premier League title.

Januzaj's unconvincing performances in pre-season training led him to conclude “that other players were better at this moment [as Januzaj] is a bit relaxed,” according to a source close to the Portuguese boss.

A further indication of Januzaj's lack of commitment to re-establishing himself as a regular starter for the first time since January 2014 is that the Belgian has made no effort to talk to Mourinho about his status at United.

“If he wants to know why he is being offered on loan the manager's office is always open for the players,” added the source.

Januzaj has made 67 competitive appearances for United, but the majority of his 29 starts came during the 2013/14 season in which he was promoted to the first team by David Moyes.

Though he was quickly made a full international by Belgium amidst discussion that he might choose to play for Albania, Croatia, England, Serbia or Turkey, he has not played for the country of his birth since making six appearances in 2014.

Moyes, now manager of Sunderland, has indicated his interest in taking Januzaj to his new club. “I’d love to get that level of player,” said Moyes when asked about Januzaj and Marouane Fellaini earlier this month.

“If those good players want to come to the north-east and join me I’ll drive down to Manchester and pick them up. I’d be happy to have them. They’re excellent players. We’re interested but I’m sure loads of other clubs are as well.”

Following Mourinho's appointment, United have released two former first-team players, Victor Valdes and Nick Powell, loaned Guillermo Varela to Eintracht Frankfurt, and sold defenders Donald Love and Paddy McNair to Sunderland.

Their new manager remains focused on reducing his squad size – ideally to 21 outfield players and three goalkeepers – while adding quality to an inexperienced defence.

With less than three weeks of the transfer window remaining, none of the four most prominent players Mourinho has made available for sale – Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marcos Rojo, Juan Mata and Daley Blind – have yet to leave the club.

Womp

idiot
I'm quite the opposite, as long as the player left on good terms I'm more than happy to see them have a good career. That is, if they're not constantly spouting nonsense to the media and stuff etc. about how hard done they were at United.

For example, I'm genuinely pleased Nani for the most part has been doing well since leaving us.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I hope if we sell him he goes on to be an absolute world beater.
I hope exactly the same and there's a really good chance for it happening.

:lol: Some posters huh ? fecking weird way of thinking. This "I love the player more than the club" is pathetic and this regarding any player, whether it's a legend or a young player who's proven feck all.
It's not a weird way of thinking. I hoped the exact same thing with Pogba after a while. It is so that the club and fans can learn a lesson. I am not blaming Mourinho because he hasn't seen anything of Januzaj in the past 2 years but LVG fecked him up big time.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
im not sure. Gary Neville is someone who had no exceptional talent but did well. I think Lingard has intelligence to adapt to managers well and this is going to make him a regular in the matchday squad either on the bench or starting.

People thought that about Pogba but Pogba is an outlier frankly. A more apt comparison would be that POgba went to juve and broke into the team in a small time. Even his other games he did impressive stuff like scoring long rangers. Januzaj went to Dortmund where he had similar tough competition but couldnt force onto the bench itself a lot. I think Pogba had more hunger to succeed than januzaj seems to have
He just wasn't played there and was signed as a backup. Whenever he was on he played really well. It wasn't that he had no hunger but he made a poor decision of going to Dortmund.

Jacob

Januzaj is shit, get over it. Flair alone is worthless in football.

prath92

He just wasn't played there and was signed as a backup. Whenever he was on he played really well. It wasn't that he had no hunger but he made a poor decision of going to Dortmund.
I saw a few games and his performances were not bad initially but later on he was quite poor in games he played, mainly the Europa games. Overall the performances were quite poor.

He wasn't played there because he didn't do anything to justify playing him (based on tuchel's comments) and I suppose that isn't far from the case at United too.

Status
Not open for further replies.