Aguero's elbow on Reid | Appeal rejected - Three match ban

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
BBC says FA is looking into it now.

TheReligion

Abusive
Irrespective of who you support Aguero has to be banned. Having just seen it again on SSN it's a clear and deliberate swing of the elbow.

Absolutely no chance he won't face a ban.

Lostie007

What a class man Guardiola is though, just shrugged it off that Aguero might miss the game as "so what".. Doesn't give the media and Sky what they want..

Other managers should take the same refreshing approach. You can't change it so why argue? Waste of oxygen..

I hate City so I hope Pep leaves them soon he's too classy for them.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
That should take all of 5 minutes. Never understood the delay in these type of things.
Assume it's to do with reading referee's report and asking him whether he saw it or not.

panz

Anyone remember this?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-mark-noble-manchester-city-manchester-united

The City striker, who has scored five goals against United in his past six games against them, left Noble in pain during City’s 2-1 defeat but will avoid retrospective punishment from the FA because the incident was seen by the referee, Martin Atkinson.
The rules have changed for that if I'm not mistaken, so the FA can now take further action even if it was seen by referees.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Keown Viera vs van Nistelrooy is another example of intent, and not connection, that lead to yellow/red.

Last edited:

Mister_Stubbs

VanGaalEra

He's an absolute cnut but somehow has a squeaky clean image, he also got away with a stamp on Noble last season, prior to the Derby too.

RK

I'm not one for conspiracies but I'd imagine the Premier League would prefer Aguero playing in their showpiece event. For them it's probably the biggest game of the entire season.

But I still expect the correct outcome, it's clearly a ban.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I'm sure it's probably been mentioned before, however, if this was Fellaini, he'd have been banned by now.

cyberman

Aguero is an idiot. The City fans defending him elsewhere are idiots.
Now City will have to play against such an impressive back line (thus far) without their star striker but with a young kid or paceless KDB through the middle.
Bailly must be licking his lips at the prospect.
Again...Aguero is an idiot.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think that part of the rule has been removed. Unless the ref issued a yellow, I think the FA can still ban him even if the ref said he saw the incident that time.

That is what I remember though someone may correct me if I am mistaken.
If it's like in France, as long as the referee doesn't mention the incident in his report the league can act and even then he can say that he isn't sure about his decision.

JPRouve

Scout
I haven't seen a mention of this controversy on the five national newspaper football back pages I looked at. Sheesh...
Sheep! was never going to mention it.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I don't care if he's banned for the derby or not but i would like to see the FA showing some consistency. And for those who argue the elbow didn't make connection that argument won't hold as the rules punish for the intent as well. Scholes was red carded and served a three match ban for a swinging at Xabi Alonso and he was far from connecting.

Hilarious, could have been much worse a ban if he'd caught him!

In fairness to Xabi, he handled it well and I think he just walked off, from memory?

RonaldoVII

Dermot Gallagher on SSN says it's a clear red card. Mentions his clenched fist so practically says no excuse. Says he doesn't know whether he'll face retrospective action due to the referee facing it so might have seen it.

Fully Fledged

Dermot Gallagher on SSN says it's a clear red card. Mentions his clenched fist so practically says no excuse. Says he doesn't know whether he'll face retrospective action due to the referee facing it so might have seen it.
If I was the FA and the ref says he saw that and took no action I'd ban him for 3 games.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Has to be a ban but I can see how refs struggle. From the first angle it looks like he was trying to knock teeth out and from the second it looks like any other tussle for a high ball.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Deserves a three game ban for that. The outcome of this sets a precedent. If he gets away with this, it'll give players carte blanche to elbow opponents like Aguero did yesterday and get away with it.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Is there a time frame on when the decision will be made?

ManRed

Deserves a three game ban for that. The outcome of this sets a precedent. If he gets away with this, it'll give players carte blanche to elbow opponents like Aguero did yesterday and get away with it.
Absolutely agreed. It has nothing to do with the derby :wenger:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He isnt going to get banned, its wishful thinking on anybodies part to think otherwise.

We will beat them regardless of if he plays or not at OT, their defense is shite.

Rajma

FA will know that kind of the shitstorm awaits of them if after all the spotlight the episode received Aguero won't be banned.

Moreover, it will spark an excuse to point out for managers in the future and the story would be brought up again and again every time FA will feel like banning other players for similiar assaults.

Hence at this moment now I can't see Aguero escaping the punishment unless FA are totally out of their minds and have no realisation of upcoming consequences of such decision.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Only on a United forum would so many people claim Aguero to be some massive cnut who is supposedly getting away with elbowing someone or stamping on them every week.

JPRouve

Scout
Only on a United forum would so many people claim Aguero to be some massive cnut who is supposedly getting away with elbowing someone or stamping on them every week.
He is a massive cnut because he plays well for City, the rest is anecdotal.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Could you quote all the people who've been saying Aguero gets away with elbowing and stamping people every week? You seem well versed with this thread so this shouldn't be too hard.

Kostur

海尔的老板
So it's a win-win situation for us? :smirk:

Nobody claimed that, he's a cnut though, he's tried this type of shit before as provided with couple of videos in this thread, trying to explore David Luiz's cavern being the most notable and funny one.