Aldershot Town vs. Manchester United

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
dont want a single mistake tonight, fecking annihilate them!

T2000

Amos

Fabio
Jones
Vidic
Fryers

Valencia
Carrick
Park
Diouf

Owen
Berbatov

SUBS:
de Gea, Reece Brown, Tom Thorpe, Michael Keane, Paul Pogba, Ravel Morrison, Danny Welbeck

Lindegaard to start in the CL next week.
Why make De Gea make this trip to aldershot? We need him on Saturday against Everton. We should have Amos play and Lindegaard on bench.

However I would make make most of Sunday's team travel for this game and watch it in the stands and I'm sure SAF will be asking for alot of goals from us this week.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Lindegaard

Fabio
Jones
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Cleverly
Park
Diouf

Owen
Welbeck

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Its absolutely pointless trying to predict the lineup for tonight's game, it could be anything.

Looking forward to it though, we should get back to winning ways again.

Hans Moleman

Why make De Gea make this trip to aldershot? We need him on Saturday against Everton. We should have Amos play and Lindegaard on bench.

However I would make make most of Sunday's team travel for this game and watch it in the stands and I'm sure SAF will be asking for alot of goals from us this week.
Surely Lindegaard should play over Amos?
Have you guys forgotten the Leeds game already?

Hans Moleman

Sir Alex is planning on taking a similar squad to Aldershot to the one that was on duty at Leeds in the previous round of the Carling Cup.

The right blend of youth and experience will be utilised for the EBB Stadium encounter against Dean Holdsworth's League Two side.

"At the moment, I've got a really strong squad," he told MUTV. "We took 23 players to Romania with us and left Rio [Ferdinand] behind because we weren't planning to use him in that game.

"So, with a squad of 24 players, some of them have to have games. Michael Owen and Dimitar Berbatov must have games.

"It'll be similar to what we did at Leeds, really. All [the youngsters involved at Elland Road] will be travelling with us.

"Young players emerge and take someone's position. It's happened time and time again at this club and I've experienced it over my 25 years. You see a young emerging star coming through the youth team, and then comes the Reserves and, before you know it, you say why don't you put this boy in the first team.

"It's down to temperament. That's important, and ability, courage and determination. They're all the factors we need for top players at United."

acrebo

Shame it sounds like some of them are going to get to put thier feet up tonight. This annoys me.
It does me a bit as well. But they will be expected to delivery a huge performance at Everton on Saturday so the expectation on those players is no less.

If anything, it gives them a bit of time for reflection and (hopefully) to see the kids that want to take their place in the first team. They have that little bit longer to stew, lick their wounds and realise that they need to show how much they value their place in the side for Saturday.

MUFCgal

I'd start: De Gea - Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra - Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Young - Rooney, Welbeck.

I'd play every single player who started against City. I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see it. What a move it would be by SAF, to just tell them all get there and fecking sort it. But like I said, it won't happen so here's what I think we'll possibly see:

-------------Lindegaard---------------
Jones----Smalling----Vidic--------Fabio
Valencia---Fletch----Carrick-------Park
----------Berbatov---Owen------------

Subs: Amos, Fryers, Morrison, Pogba, Cole, Keane, Diouf.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Shame it sounds like some of them are going to get to put thier feet up tonight. This annoys me.
Yeah lets take the opertunity away from our young and fringe players and "punish" the players from Sunday. That way they'll be knackered for Everton aswell.

Great thinking.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I'd start: De Gea - Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra - Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Young - Rooney, Welbeck.

I'd play every single player who started against City. I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see it. What a move it would be by SAF, to just tell them all get there and fecking sort it.
Not possible.....Evans is banned.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
So do Dimitar get to play as a CB this season? He's basically been our best CB all season so why not.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not possible.....Evans is banned.
Really? That's good news anyway, I assume it's a one match ban for a non violent cynical foul? Ideal that he misses this one and not a League match. As much as a lot of people hate him, if Fergie picks him it's for a reason as far as I'm concerned and having players availible to pick is better than not...

Shimo

Didn't think Premier League bans carried over into League Cup matches.
They do and vice-versa. Cards picked up in Carling and FA Cup matches count towards Premier League as well i.e. if you are on 4 yellows and pick up a yellow in a cup game and next game is in league, banned for the next game.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Can anyone confirm will Morrison be involved?

I don't think we'll know for sure tonight. The start of that Fergie extract didn't fill me with hope, but then he came out with this:

You see a young emerging star coming through the youth team, and then comes the Reserves and, before you know it, you say why don't you put this boy in the first team.
So I think that may just be referring to him. I'm guessing he'll make the bench, and I hope I'm right.

Ludens the Red

I've actually not been this up for a United game in a long time to be honest.

I don't know if it's the kicking we took on Sunday, the fact that we'll likely see our young guns on show, or whatever, but I'm excited.
Same here :), I think its the hurt from Sunday so we're desperate to see the lads out there again.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
dont want a single mistake tonight, fecking annihilate them!
Absolutely. I don't give a damn that its only Aldershot. Since Sunday I've developed an increasing hatred for any team but United.

Its only when we lose like we did on Sunday that you realise how hated United are. I've had fans of all teams from all divisions in this country taking digs at me since then.

It makes me feel horribly unsympathetic towards fans of any other team. I don't care if its "only" Aldershot. No doubt their fans were all having a massive laugh at our expense on Sunday too. Lets absolutely waste them. Them and every other team in England!

pillory

Nick Coppack:

Confirmed: Tom Cleverley has travelled to Aldershot with Manchester United.

No other information regarding the travelling squad at this time, I'm afraid.

Varun

Staff
Absolutely. I don't give a damn that its only Aldershot. Since Sunday I've developed an increasing hatred for any team but United.

Its only when we lose like we did on Sunday that you realise how hated United are. I've had fans of all teams from all divisions in this country taking digs at me since then.

It makes me feel horribly unsympathetic towards fans of any other team. I don't care if its "only" Aldershot. No doubt their fans were all having a massive laugh at our expense on Sunday too. Lets absolutely waste them. Them and every other team in England!
My thoughts precisely. Lets just batter them tonight.

Ludens the Red

Yep, fecking shocking, had an "Arsenal fan" on facebook with the status "Balotelli, Balotelli", whilst they were beating Stoke. The fecker wasn't even watching Arsenal, his excuse was "it wasn't on tele".