6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WirralRed

Glad he got his goal, will do him the world of good after what he was getting on social media.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hope so…more likely a Ronaldo celebration. Really looking forward to watching this kid develop his game. Glad he’s got the manager here to help him.
Sorry, I realise I didn't make it clear - Norwood usually tweets when we are signing somebody (and may have previously done so regarding contracts). He very rarely tweets otherwise, and it is always a bit cryptic, so I'm pretty sure it's regarding that.

Eleven.

Saw his celebration more as a message to ETH - that he should be on the pitch, because look what he can do. He was looking towards the dugout as he pointed at himself and then the pitch…

saivet

That celebration looked more like a copy of one of Ronaldo's more than any thing else.

atkar83

I guess he can hold smoke, whatever that means. He missed some chances in the last game and he was considered to have played poorly, vs most Martial games where he's basically invisible. I'd rather we have a 'bad' Garnacho game over most other players bad games. People are reactionary idiots

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yes I know that - the point is if he wanted to play for Real Madrid like you claim, then why didn't he join Real's academy instead as a youngster?!
Atletico have a very good youth system too... As a kid you go where you go. Not like every youngster goes to the biggest team always. Point is that he is from Madrid, and if he becomes good enough, it wouldn't surprise me if he did go there one day. Who knows if he'll ever be good enough for that. But most players aren't one club players, even if they are good enough to be at that club forever and the club is good enough for them. At a certain point some just want to move and try a new challenge. I could see Garnacho being one of those, if he turns into an elite player.

Bestie07

Atletico have a very good youth system too... As a kid you go where you go. Not like every youngster goes to the biggest team always. Point is that he is from Madrid, and if he becomes good enough, it wouldn't surprise me if he did go there one day. Who knows if he'll ever be good enough for that. But most players aren't one club players, even if they are good enough to be at that club forever and the club is good enough for them. At a certain point some just want to move and try a new challenge. I could see Garnacho being one of those, if he turns into an elite player.
Wouldn't worry too much about it. Madrid have Vinicius in his position who's quite young himself. And if Garnacho ever becomes good enough that Madrid plan on replacing Vini with him, then we'll definitely make good money on him and win a few trophies in the process. So better to just enjoy the kid's development.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wouldn't worry too much about it. Madrid have Vinicius in his position who's quite young himself. And if Garnacho ever becomes good enough that Madrid plan on replacing Vini with him, then we'll definitely make good money on him and win a few trophies in the process. So better to just enjoy the kid's development.
Yep for sure! Was just saying it like I could see him being one of those who one day leaves, but if he does reach that level, then I hope we manage to keep him for at least half his prime. You look at Ronaldo and while we did get 6 good years out of him... He left at 23. Way too soon. Certain players like Rashford you are confident with they'll never leave as long as they're wanted and appreciated. I'd guess Garnacho is in the other boat where he would one day like to move on to a Spanish giant if he's good enough.

Mr PG

The assumption is Rashford would have done better on the left. Well Garnacho is better on the ball and every time Rashford was pressed even in the middle of the pitch he lost the ball… and it’s not Like Rashie hasn’t had very good games on the right but fans will always use the what if.
Silenced a few people today.

SER19

I wonder if at the moment our best front three is Antony - Rashford - Garnacho.

Id prefer a top striker and rashford on left and obviously love sancho to hit top form but right now these feel like our most dangerous attackers

I truly can't understand the criticism of him I think he's exceptional and love how direct he is

NoPace

I wonder if at the moment our best front three is Antony - Rashford - Garnacho.

Id prefer a top striker and rashford on left and obviously love sancho to hit top form but right now these feel like our most dangerous attackers

I truly can't understand the criticism of him I think he's exceptional and love how direct he is
I think it's probably:

Sancho-Rashford-Antony with Garnacho to come on, or:

Rashford-Martial-Antony and then Garnacho comes on for Martial if we're winning and there's space in behind, and if we're losing probably Sancho and you tell Sabitzer to make more late runs into the box.

El Zoido

He's mint. I don't want to be too presumptuous about his top level, but we need to get that contract signed. Feels like he's got another couple of levels in him.

Mr PG

Garnacho will improve tremendously as he grows and gets stronger. His game is very natural.

Satissh12

Saw his celebration more as a message to ETH - that he should be on the pitch, because look what he can do. He was looking towards the dugout as he pointed at himself and then the pitch…

Gnonto's did the same against us at OT, felt one of our players would do the same if they scored and Garnacho did that.. I thought it was to annoy Leeds fans as well

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not sure it's so clear-cut with this kid. Born in Madrid but he chose to play for Argentina?! How much allegiance does he really have to any one place? It's now his formative years -- like DDG, maybe if he stays long enough he would feel at home in Manchester?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am looking forward to see him starting in more games. He clearly has talent but sooner or later we really need to find a way to start him with Rashford, probably with Rashford leading the line?

jeepers

What are you trying to accomplish with posts like this? Are you saying he's above any form of criticism?

Obviously he's got talent. Why can't people enjoy that and also provide constructive criticism, without either side telling others to shut the feck up? The constant desperation to point score is tedious
Go read the last few pages again, a lot of the posts were not constructive at all.

jeepers

Not sure it's so clear-cut with this kid. Born in Madrid but he chose to play for Argentina?! How much allegiance does he really have to any one place? It's now his formative years -- like DDG, maybe if he stays long enough he would feel at home in Manchester?
Hopefully we kept that fax machine then!

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Always nice to see our young players get themselves a goal like that. Hopefully more to come from him, and he keeps improving, as he is entertaining to watch.

bringbackbebe

The thing I like about Garnacho is he gets into positions of scoring a goal or two every game, although not necessarily scoring them all the time. If he can convert the chances at his disposal at a better rate, he's going to be absolutely lethal. Our most exciting talent in a decade.

bosskeano

what he doesn't need to do or get is arrogant and cocky.....just play the game, learn and keep your mouth shut

Bondi77

Erik stated that for forward players it is about goals and assists and Alejandro came on and answered in kind.
This kid gets you out of your seat when he is on the ball....proper Manchester United player :)

Mr PG

Players won’t want to leave a club where they’re thriving. Eventually he might want to return home 6 yrs on etc but you get a top price and replace him

Bwuk

As I’ve said before I think we should run with him starting off the left and Rashford upfront.

I think we lack pace in behind with a front 3 of Rashford, Weghorst & Sancho. You need at least 2 with pace in behind imo.

whitbyviking

Most often than not defenders will win their duels, it's easier to kick the ball away then to manipulate it into the goal, so it's all about those little moments or two and with Garnacho and his willingness to go forward I always expect him to take his chance. Very clinical Ruud-esque front post finish. He's got this ruthlesness in him which is grea, you could see Rasfhord or Martial going for the far post only to be saved from Meslier on the other day. Top finish.
Yes it was ridiculous. ''Ayling dominated Garnacho'' claims were made while Garnacho still had some good chances during the home match. Ridiculous how fast some people want to write a Manchester United player down.
These two points hit the nail on the head and it’s basically a rerun of Ronaldo vs Ashley Cole. All things equal It is far easier as a defender to just stop the ball/man, than it is as an attacker to beat the man and create something.

The fact he does create and does so at a fairly good rate bodes well for the future. He has a lot of physical and mental development ahead of him and then cloggers like Ayling won’t touch him.

red_de_pologne

Garnacho Rashford Sancho is the best available front three at the moment, but his impact off the bench is also something we need in games, curious to see if he starts in Barcelona - I don't think he will.

Big_Bro

I doubt he will be at utd for a long time. He will most likely follow the route of uncle Ronaldo. So let's enjoy his youthfulness and hope he maximises his full potential in future. Great talent.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

It really is phenomenal when these players pop up from the academy - we basically have one more quality forward than I expected going in. This guy just seems to "have it". Great ability and right kind of mentality, it seems.

It does look like his pace still surprises the league, which he is able to exploit. For both his goal yesterday and the one against Fulham, it looks like the defenders either react too late or take the wrong angle, because they are simply not expecting his raw pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.