g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Alejandro Garnacho image 17

Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Good workrate and striker movement in the box. Didn't get many good oportunities against the packed defence, but goal and actual pressing is a good contribution

Andersonson

Give him a year and he looks twice as good. He is a serious talent and when he develops a bit more smartness to his game he will be a really good player for us.

El Zoido

He’s developing really well and is starting to look settled amongst the senior players now.

poleglass red

starting to see his development around the box. He'll look for a pass more than just run and shoot, don't get me wrong if the shot is on he'll take it , as he should, but if his path is blocked he is starting to look for the pass.Good signs.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Such an exciting young player and imo should start over Rashford if the latter cannot be bothered to work for the team.

Hughes35

Really is a top top talent isn't he? Has all the tools to go on and be pretty much as good as he wants to be. (Outside off Messi / Ronaldo levels)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Only thing that annoyed me last night was when he’s beaten his man and could have fired a cross in, he chose to go back and try to play it through the guys legs then lost the ball. Just little things to iron out. Otherwise I thought he was great, really put a shift in too. Take note Marcus

Jeffthered

Super young player, he has a lot about him. And he isn't playing in such a great side, remember that.

The way we play, limits his abilities... he needs to be able to drift inside, play exchanges with players. But, but.. he also has to progress his game.. he needs to go outside, develop his left foot. Or... play somewhere else for a bit. Play from the right. Play down the centre. Just for spells in a game. CR7, Rooney, Tevez.. they all did this, fantastically.

Rashford, Antony, Garnacho... all want to play one way. Rashford though for example, looks an absolute hadful when he is raiding across the front-line, winning headers, shooting from the right.

ROFLUTION

So. Antony's out, we don't have any natural right wingers anyways except Pellistri.

Stick him on the right?

It's not like he'll push Rashford to the bench long term if we're to be realistic about it. And Rashford is not gonna push Højlund out to the bench neither if we want to get the best of both.

Man Utd 0:1 Crystal Palace

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Needs a run on the left ahead of Rashford. Let Rashford compete for RW in the meantime til he gets form back. Garnacho provides width, quality on the ball, proper dribbling at defenders and actual wing play where he goes to set up chances and not run down dead ends. Also works hard off the ball and tracks back properly. He's an elite talent and was our most dangerous player when he came on yet again. He's young and I like how Ten Hag is handling him, but right now we should start him in a few of these upcoming games.

Based Adnan

No reward for hard work if you play in the same position as Rashford and Bruno

Em765

I think he is better than Rashford already.
His highs arent as high yet but more steady more composed harder working just overall better.
Peak Rashford is still better though but that was last year.

DavelinaJolie

Needs a run on the left ahead of Rashford. Let Rashford compete for RW in the meantime til he gets form back. Garnacho provides width, quality on the ball, proper dribbling at defenders and actual wing play where he goes to set up chances and not run down dead ends. Also works hard off the ball and tracks back properly. He's an elite talent and was our most dangerous player when he came on yet again. He's young and I like how Ten Hag is handling him, but right now we should start him in a few of these upcoming games.
Whilst I share the general frustration with Rashford, you can't play him into form on the RW when he hasn't real shown he can play there to an expected standard. And every time Garnacho starts a top flight game he appears off, his best appearances in that context always seem to come from the bench.

I don't think there's an easy solution right now, on either wing. Players need to start finding confidence and form because it's rapidly dragging the team down.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Whilst I share the general frustration with Rashford, you can't play him into form on the RW when he hasn't real shown he can play there to an expected standard. And every time Garnacho starts a top flight game he appears off, his best appearances in that context always seem to come from the bench.

I don't think there's an easy solution right now, on either wing. Players need to start finding confidence and form because it's rapidly dragging the team down.
Everytime Garnacho starts… it was 2 starts

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's had two starts in PL this season, after which his manager criticised him for poor performances, which is weird because he is not doing that to any other player(except Sancho). And from those two starts, one was start of the season against Wolves which everyone played like shit, and game against Spurs side that seems pretty good side this year - and again, everyone played bad that game too.

I am really not sure he is in the best place considering his talent, I would probably be pissed off if the likes of Rashford are starting every week ahead of me if I was in his place.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's had two starts in PL this season, after which his manager criticised him for poor performances, which is weird because he is not doing that to any other player(except Sancho). And from those two starts, one was start of the season against Wolves which everyone played like shit, and game against Spurs side that seems pretty good side this year - and again, everyone played bad that game too.

I am really not sure he is in the best place considering his talent, I would probably be pissed off if the likes of Rashford are starting every week ahead of me if I was in his place.
You'd be fecking deluded then.

He should get his chance if Rashford continues to be uninspiring, but Garnacho did nothing with his starts earlier in the season to suggest he should be ahead of Rashford.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
and actual wing play where he goes to set up chances and not run down dead ends.
I like Garnacho, but need to make a correction here. He’s literally created only one chance for a teammate all season – and that’s in all comps.

Man Utd 2:3 Galatasaray

bstb3

Looked quite sharp when he came on, a bit unlucky his shot was well blocked. Still raw, but exciting. Didn't do anything wrong and not at all at fault the result went south after he came on.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Honestly, no idea what he needs to do to actually start some games on left wing.

AFC NimbleThumb

Honestly, no idea what he needs to do to actually start some games on left wing.
How did his last 2 league starts in a row, you know the first 2 games of the season, go?

This mythical run of performances Garnacho is being attributed with are doing no one any good. He has done nothing to prove he can start consistently at this level & given the state of the senior players around him lumbering him with the responsibility of saviour could be counter productive.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Almost created a goal and almost scored one. Works hard defensively. He simply has to be starting ahead of Rashford in the next game.

El Zoido

He still seems to do better coming off the bench than when he starts. But given how Rashford’s been playing he should start.

statpadder

How did his last 2 league starts in a row, you know the first 2 games of the season, go?

This mythical run of performances Garnacho is being attributed with are doing no one any good. He has done nothing to prove he can start consistently at this level & given the state of the senior players around him lumbering him with the responsibility of saviour could be counter productive.
Ah yes, he should forever be doomed to the bench after having 90 bad minutes at the start of the season regardless of how bad others in his position play. Excellent logic.

AFC NimbleThumb

Ah yes, he should forever be doomed to the bench after having 90 bad minutes at the start of the season regardless of how bad others in his position play. Excellent logic.
Who said this? Must be the strawman you’re talking to because you can’t actually provide an example of multiple games where Garnacho has proven he can start & impact games in succession.

But yes let’s throw Garnacho into a stuttering side because. . . shiny new youth player. Excellent logic indeed.

People talk about how players should earn their time on the pitch. . .

L1nk

Who said this? Must be the strawman you’re talking to because you can’t actually provide an example of multiple games where Garnacho has proven he can start & impact games in succession.

But yes let’s throw Garnacho into a stuttering side because. . . shiny new youth player. Excellent logic indeed.

People talk about how players should earn their time on the pitch. . .
So what do you do? How can you put together a string of performances to show you deserve to start if you, you know, don’t start in a string of performances. The reality is that what’s the harm in putting on Garnacho when its just pure dross all around him. Players like him and Hannibal are stepping up whilst our senior players are complete trash

AFC NimbleThumb

So what do you do? How can you put together a string of performances to show you deserve to start if you, you know, don’t start in a string of performances. The reality is that what’s the harm in putting on Garnacho when its just pure dross all around him. Players like him and Hannibal are stepping up whilst our senior players are complete trash
He has started back to back games before though & unfortunately hasn’t strung together enough consistency to stay in the team. That’s not slating him, it’s a fact.

The harm in putting him in is we have very recent examples [the first 2 games of the season were terrible] of him not being the answer many people want him to be & throwing him in off the back of a decent game versus Palace last week isn’t particularly the making him earn it mantra people seem to want with Caf punchbags.

This is more a case of fans having become frustrated [again] at Rashford & wanting Garnacho to be the answer he’s yet to show he can be.

Starting Garnacho would be a gamble, & it may come off but the notion he’s hard done by doesn’t ring true. If he starts I hope he does well but previous opportunities in this team leave me less than sure on him.

Slevs

:lol:

Okay, let's keep benching the lad and have him come off the bench for the remainder of the season because of the first two games.
Coincidentally he plays the same position as the guy you spend most of your time defending here. Pure coincidence I'm sure :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

:lol:

Okay, let's keep benching the lad and have him come off the bench for the remainder of the season because of the first two games.
The second thread you’re making up things instead of discussing the topic. A few questions for you, would be nice if you to answer them instead of dropping emojis & making up things. . .

Who is saying let’s keep ‘benching’ him?

List me a run of multiple starts where he has played well?

I’ll wait. . .
Coincidentally he plays the same position as the guy you spend most of your time defending here. Pure coincidence I'm sure :lol:
If you read what written in the Rashford post as a defence of him then your comprehension is worse than I first worried it to be. I literally criticise the guy.

Do better.

Slevs

Since you so clearly want to argue this point, even bringing it up in other threads. Let me ask a question.

He has done nothing to prove he can start consistently at this level
Who is saying let’s keep ‘benching’ him?
Doesn't the 1st post imply you don't want him starting? What's the alternative to not starting as you say "he has done nothing to prove he can start consistently at this level", is it not sitting on the bench?

List me a run of multiple starts where he has played well?

I’ll wait. . .
Yeah you'll keep waiting, cause I don't think he's had a run of multiple starts for us bar the first 2 games this season and for 2 or so games last season. Unless I'm mistaken and you want to bring up the sequence of multiple starts he's had?

You're basing his inability to start and perform consistently on a very very small sample size. If that's your metric, to each his own.

AFC NimbleThumb

Since you so clearly want to argue this point, even bringing it up in other threads.
The irony continues. You brought the discussion in here.

Your whole mentality to a forum is wrong, I don’t want to argue with you. I posted in here in relation to another posted, you chose to quote it. I’ve asked you a series of questions in response. That’s not looking for an argument, you’re interacting with me.
Let me ask a question.
No, not before you answer mine.

Mcking

Personally think Rashford should still be starting, but Garnacho should be coming on way earlier.

bitcoin

Højlund up top. Garnacho on the left; Rashford on the right (playing Rashford on the right forces him to pass more just like his assist for Højlund last night).

Hannibal, Casemiro and Mount in midfield.

I love Bruno, and he’s been my favourite United player over the last couple of seasons, but he is in such terrible form and should be dropped to accommodate Garnacho.

sugar_kane

This kid is fearless and fear is our problem at the moment. He should be starting.