2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Offsideagain

He's still young and I fear that he may become 'over coached' and his natural ability to attack defences will be stifled and he'll become just another pass it back to someone else type of player. I hope I'm wrong and he flourishes as he gets bigger and stronger.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Does he ever play Rashford & Garnacho together? One on the left, one on the right? I know wingers have preferred sides but if I was ten Hag I’d be playing those two either side of Hojlund, and making sure that my 3 midfielders were as defensively sound as possible, prioritising this over creativity unless you are chasing the game. This is probably done at the expense of Bruno, so Mejbri, Casemiro and one other, maybe the loan guy whose name I’ve forgotten.

Based Adnan

Penny for his thoughts seeing a stinking Rashford start over him every game

jem

His son was born today - both Alejandro and his partner look like they are 15 years old in the Insta pics. I feel ancient! Anyway, congrats Garnacho!

MattofManchester

I do not care if he underperforms as a left winger when starting.

The fact that he does the simple job of providing width on that left makes him infinitely more valuable than the current iteration of Marcus Rashford.

The amount of space that was created for Bruno and ilk centrally when him and Antony were on shows the stark differences in how certain plays are hurting us when they play.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At this point he should be starting on the left, I like Rashford but he doesn’t offer as much, Garnacho can go inside or out which makes him so much more dangerous.

Based Adnan

He must be looking at Rashford every week thinking what he has to do to get a start

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wasn't even good today but he keeps his width, keeps going at his fullback and works hard, and that alone is big benefit and a huge necessity.

Amira

No reason he should be on the bench for the next game. We need competition for positions

PoTMS

He's a much better player off the bench against tired legs but Rashford has been an abomination so it's worth starting him next week.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Garnacho can feel aggrieved if he doesn't get some starts soon. He looks to get to the line and supply, which is badly needed in this team.

Abraxas

I've noticed he's a bit more patient this season. Noticeably looking for team mates and linking up more. Hopefully a sign of him maturing in his game. He'll still want to keep that dynamic dribbling and unpredictability but it's a good sign for him.

NZT-One

I agree he should get a look into the starting eleven but more to send a signal to Rashford than to award him for anything. Granted, he works, he is does, what is expected. But I feel in games like this, when there is little room, he isn't really doing much.

Born2Lose

I agree he should get a look into the starting eleven but more to send a signal to Rashford than to award him for anything. Granted, he works, he is does, what is expected. But I feel in games like this, when there is little room, he isn't really doing much.
Go watch the highlights and see who puts the ball in from the left for the first goal.

Oranges038

Always looks a threat, with his close control he keeps defenders on their toes because he can go either way. Much more agressive, a tidier dribbler and passer than Rashford, he always feels like he's in control of the ball and the situation in front of him, that he's going to dictate what he wants to do.

Eric_the_Red99

This is what I felt. People saying that he was instantly producing a million times more than Rashford as soon as he came on, when that simply isn't true. It was the McT for Amrabat sub that changed the match. Up until that point, neither Garnacho nor Antony were doing much more than what Rashford or Mount had been doing for 60 minutes.

Remember the geese

Did so well to eke that cross out and pull it back just about far enough to cause Brentford a problem. Given Rashford's lack of form, Garnacho should be given every opportunity to claim a spot in the starting eleven. No assumed hierarchy based upon experience, salary or former glories. It's about the here and now.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Wasn't even good today but he keeps his width, keeps going at his fullback and works hard, and that alone is big benefit and a huge necessity.
Yes. If the midfield manage to keep the ball during the game and the winger manages to do that for the entire game, we're bound to create enough chances to score at some point. He has that little spark of trickery so when he does get that little bit of space he'll do something dangerous.

NZT-One

Go watch the highlights and see who puts the ball in from the left for the first goal.
Well yeah, this is one scene. Ok, he participated in the first goal today, my comment was meant more overall. I don't think, he is a winger, he is moving in a direction of where Rashford is. An attacker who will try to score and who wants chances created for him. Nothing wrong with that of course but just as Rashford, this requires the team to do specific things and I wouldn't bet on us to be capable of it on a regular basis.

This is what I felt. People saying that he was instantly producing a million times more than Rashford as soon as he came on, when that simply isn't true. It was the McT for Amrabat sub that changed the match. Up until that point, neither Garnacho nor Antony were doing much more than what Rashford or Mount had been doing for 60 minutes.
Yeah I would agree. And this isn't even criticism towards Garnacho. Brentford was well organized and made it really difficult to play against them so even better players would have been up for a challenge. I rated him with 5 iirc, I think he did what I expected him to do but I don't think there was much in there to hand out bonus points.

criticalanalysis

I've noticed he's a bit more patient this season. Noticeably looking for team mates and linking up more. Hopefully a sign of him maturing in his game. He'll still want to keep that dynamic dribbling and unpredictability but it's a good sign for him.
Yes I came in to say the same. He's still trying to take his player on and bait them into a tackle, feint them etc but it's less head down kick and run like the first two games of the season. Being benched has humbled and hopefully matured his game a little, which is good to see.

Still up in the air if he can contribute from a starting place but he's going to continue to develop if he keep this attitude.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A Mejbri, Garnacho, Hojlund + one of Mount/Antony attack is very far from ideal but at the very least they’ll all run every minute they’re on the field. With our fundamentals so shite I think this should be the play

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’d start him ahead of Rashford for a few weeks. His general play, dribbling, link up are much better at the moment.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He’s starting to realise that the threat of being able to speed things up at any moment is even better than going full speed all the time.

And he has so much more improvement in his overall game as compared to last year.

saik

Been largely good when he comes on as a substitute but he needs to translate the same to when he is starting. The last time he started a match he stunk the place out. So, here's hoping he can perform when he starts as well.

miked99

He didn't really do a thing today until injury time but his determination in keeping that ball in made it all happen. Sheffield United next. Start him on the left and Rashford on the right. Regardless of form, it gives us two direct pacy threats down the wings and better balance.

mav_9me

A Mejbri, Garnacho, Hojlund + one of Mount/Antony attack is very far from ideal but at the very least they’ll all run every minute they’re on the field. With our fundamentals so shite I think this should be the play
Could not agree more. Which is very surprising to me to see ETH persist with the others. Energy and legs, cuz when Casemiro/Bruno/Eriksen haven't been doing it, what's their point?

fallengt

I know he's better as sub but should play at least 60minutes every game.
Team Looks more dangerous when he 's subbed in just for the fact that Garnacho offers cutback

Irwin99

Been largely good when he comes on as a substitute but he needs to translate the same to when he is starting. The last time he started a match he stunk the place out. So, here's hoping he can perform when he starts as well.
Think people are quick to forget how poor he was against Wolves and Spurs. He deserves another chance at starting right now but there's no guarantee it won't happen again because he's a young and inconsistent player.

saik

Think people are quick to forget how poor he was against Wolves and Spurs. He deserves another chance at starting right now but there's no guarantee it won't happen again because he's a young and inconsistent player.
Yep. I think it was against Spurs he was so terrible where he was constantly giving the ball away and nothing was coming off for him. At this point, he likely deserves to start just because how terrible Rashford has been. I just hope he can play well when he starts.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let's not go over the top with him being really bad. He worked hard, some thing's didn't come off so whatever. He's young. He wasn't the worst on the pitch in those games even.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know he's better as sub but should play at least 60minutes every game.
Team Looks more dangerous when he 's subbed in just for the fact that Garnacho offers cutback
Yep. I think it was against Spurs he was so terrible where he was constantly giving the ball away and nothing was coming off for him. At this point, he likely deserves to start just because how terrible Rashford has been. I just hope he can play well when he starts.
Like I said elsewhere, this is going to be held against him forever. For a player his age two matches is not a definitive sample size in making the determination that he's "better as a sub".

Mad.

saik

Like I said elsewhere, this is going to be held against him forever. For a player his age two matches is not a definitive sample size in making the determination that he's "better as a sub".

Mad.
We can only go off what we have available. And he wasn't good in the matches that he started. Doesn't mean that he shouldn't start again.

I was merely hoping he can translate his performances because he has shown he can play at this level.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We can only go off what we have available. And he wasn't good in the matches that he started. Doesn't mean that he shouldn't start again.

I was merely hoping he can translate his performances because he has shown he can play at this level.
Aye. We've got a much bigger sample size of Rashford not being decisive in the final third whilst offering less off the ball. So there is no reason not to give Garnacho another start in a pressure match (which every game will be from now on).

I think he'll be well served by having Mejbri and Antony there with him behind Rasmus. Ideally with a midfield two containing Mainoo.