Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Strange I thought he had a pretty scruffy game. The pass to Hojlund for the offisde goal probably the one moment of quality.

But I do prefer him on the right and the work effort was there.
He had a lot of nearly moments. Not his best game but he is always trying to go forward and do something, even if it doesn't come off it makes life hard for the opponent. He is relentless and as long as he stays like that he will always have a decent game.

Roux

Needs to stay on his feet and play to the whistle - same problem most of our players have. So many times he stayed on the floor expecting a foul, while Wolves took advantage and attacked.

ShinjiNinja26

Needs to stay on his feet and play to the whistle - same problem most of our players have. So many times he stayed on the floor expecting a foul, while Wolves took advantage and attacked.
Aye this really grates on me. Happens so often. They either lay on the floor waving their hands about or are busy moaning to the referee while the opposition are busy mounting a counter attack.

RuudTom83

Brings a balance to the side and a threat from the right.

No player is going to be MotM every game, but it’s great to see United threaten from both wings for the first time in years.

Forming a nice trio with Rashford and Hojlund. Of course they all need to improve but the signs are promising.

Bertie Wooster

Very happy with how he's progressing.

Obviously still raw and a work in progress as regards decision making and end product. But love his directness and fearless running with the ball, and is a regular threat because of it.

Also happy that he's proving effective on either side - most of our other wide options only really work on one or the other, mainly as inverted wingers. It's a good sign of Garnacho's all round potential threat that he can drive in from the left and look to shoot, but also can play the more old fashioned role of driving at defenders and putting a cross in when on the right.

Still a long way to go in terms of becoming the finished article as regards hurting teams regularly with end product. But he's really taken to the senior game with no fear and is showing plenty of potential and threat for his age. Hopefully things like decision making and consistency of end product will all click over the next season or so and he'll start hurting teams every bit as much as he looks capable of doing.

Grande

He had a lot of nearly moments. Not his best game but he is always trying to go forward and do something, even if it doesn't come off it makes life hard for the opponent. He is relentless and as long as he stays like that he will always have a decent game.
Yea, I agree. Offensively, his lowest level is miles above Rahford and Antony just due to his intensity and active-mindedness. If he develops his positioning, awareness of options, and decision-making further, he is going to become a very good player. Also defensively, his attitude has come in leaps, and what he needs is to understand pressing strategies, positioning and how to defend in a duel (something Bruno and Rashford are pretty clueless at despite the formers efforts being impossible to knock. Antony is much better at this).

lex talionis

Worked hard and made a positive impact. Not a performance he’ll tell his grandchildren about other than being witness to a remarkable match winner in stoppage time by another teenager who will have Real and Bayern knocking on the door.

Ekeke

He was involved and had some good moments. But unfortunately he was let down by his decision making and technique too often and looked a bit raw. Think he was good enough to stay in the team but could certainly have done better with his chances to make things happen and along with some other players he was part of the reason we didnt go from 2-0 up to 3-0 or 4-0 up and kill off Wolves early. Probably him and Bruno wasting too many good chances to make something happen

Rossa

He's definitely better on the right. He's actually more unpredictable playing there, and he gets to be more direct. He uses his pace better and plays with higher intensity. He's actually quite fast over distance, but he struggles to maintain his top speed - which is quite difficult, admittedly.
He may very well turn out to be the answer on the right wing. Stranger things have happened.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I like him on the left but currently looks way better on the right.

El Jefe

He’s better on the right and our best option there at the moment but he shouldn’t be. We should be buying a better player than him on both wings this summer in my opinion.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I would sell Antony, Pellestri, and keep him and Diallo for that right wing spot next season.
We should sign Olisie or Williams/Kubo agree with the sales though.

We need serious competition for places on both wings

I would also sell Diallo unless he shows something between now and end of the season

Stadjer

I think he was the worst player on the pitch in the first 45 minutes. Lost the ball every time he got it. Then he scores two goals in the second half eventhough i dont think he was even playing near his best.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Top talent, had a brilliant game, worked his socks off up and down and deserved his goals.

Lucky to have him, class act.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What a talent! Still plenty he can learn on… his final ball needs to be better. Once he starts racking up the assist aswell as goals he’ll become one of the best.

Superunknown

Didn't think he played that well in the first half, but kept going and ended up scoring two goals. I love how forward thinking he is. His tenacity is exactly what we need in that position.

SAFMUTD

Terrible first half and great second one. He always produces something, bright bright future and delivering the numbers and performances on the right wing!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s such a fun player to watch. Still think he can be quite loose in possession but he’s so exciting when on it. Wasn’t actually his best overall game today but he came out of it with two goals.

Telsim

Was genuinely abysmal in the first half, but delivered the goods more then enough to compensate in the second one. Carry on, lad!

mu4c_20le

Was genuinely abysmal in the first half, but delivered the goods more then enough to compensate in the second one. Carry on, lad!
I barely remember us having the ball in the first half. Think it was just long balls for him to chase. He did have plenty of space on their left side all night though.