2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Mainoldo

He doesn’t have the disciple for a 1-0 trying to secure a win at Burnley.

Let’s chill. He will get time.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Will play against Palace

HotOne

Better than Rashford at LW today. Despite not being on the pitch.

next_number_seven

Fair enough. But it’s hard to say if pellistri is better defensively as he’s rarely played for us.
Garnacho's more experienced and has been training with first team more than Pellistri but still didn't start. That should tell you something

Telsim

Why is he not getting gametime lately?
He proved this season he is not ready to be a starter, and there's a bit of the usual overrating around as well. He is better as a sub, but we were the ones ahead today and he is a defensive liability.

He will get his time.

RPT_Reddevil

I think the first game showed he's not quite ready. Looks better coming on as a sub plus I think he'll start v Palace
He looks more like a super sub than a starter.
Quite understandable that he is probably not a starter yet but lately he has been subbed on after 80 mins or so and has been decent whenever he came on.

Definitely, he is much better than 10 min cameos. Should have been subbed on today as we needed his energy.

Dorris

He was never going to come on once we had an out of position left back, we stuck Bruno out there to help defensively.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He doesn’t have the disciple for a 1-0 trying to secure a win at Burnley.

Let’s chill. He will get time.
He was never going to come on once we had an out of position left back, we stuck Bruno out there to help defensively.
Great posts. Summed it up perfectly. I rate Garnacho and can see him getting plenty of gametime this season but this wasn't the game for him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Garnacho's more experienced and has been training with first team more than Pellistri but still didn't start. That should tell you something
Pellistri has started like 1 game in about a year… that should tell you something.

RedStarUnited

My problem is that Ten Hag needs to create a competitive spirit in the squad to keep our supposed “stars” sharp. Does anyone really think Rashford is worried about Garnacho taking his place in the team? I doubt it and he plays like it.

Unless he is having a great game or for tactical reasons, Rashford should be getting subbed every game around 70/75th minute for Garnacho. It gives Rashford the challenge to stay on top of the kid and Garnacho the opportunity to win his starting place.

Lamine Yamal gets minutes every single game for Barcelona and he is barely 16. And id say theres a lot more pressure playing for a team expected to challenge for the league than playing for us right now.

JuriM

My problem is that Ten Hag needs to create a competitive spirit in the squad to keep our supposed “stars” sharp. Does anyone really think Rashford is worried about Garnacho taking his place in the team? I doubt it and he plays like it.

Unless he is having a great game or for tactical reasons, Rashford should be getting subbed every game around 70/75th minute for Garnacho. It gives Rashford the challenge to stay on top of the kid and Garnacho the opportunity to win his starting place.

Lamine Yamal gets minutes every single game for Barcelona and he is barely 16. And id say theres a lot more pressure playing for a team expected to challenge for the league than playing for us right now.
All this is easy on paper or when we are dominating and have full squad or smth. Usually we are clinging on or chasing the same atm for 70th min mark and you can't sub off attacking player who as the magic in him to create something out of nothing. I agree that he is far from his best atm, but everyone are like that atm.

RedStarUnited

All this is easy on paper or when we are dominating and have full squad or smth. Usually we are clinging on or chasing the same atm for 70th min mark and you can't sub off attacking player who as the magic in him to create something out of nothing. I agree that he is far from his best atm, but everyone are like that atm.
Are we talking about Rashford here or Mbappe? Because you can definitely take Rashford off if he is not playing well.

Again I ask, what message is this sending to the guy on the bench who you want to think he can take Rashfords position? Or do we not want Garnacho to train and play with the thought of being our starter?

JuriM

Are we talking about Rashford here or Mbappe? Because you can definitely take Rashford off if he is not playing well.

Again I ask, what message is this sending to the guy on the bench who you want to think he can take Rashfords position? Or do we not want Garnacho to train and play with the thought of being our starter?
You have to be absolutely woeful to be subbed at this point and result, it almost never happens in any team.

Man Utd 3:0 Crystal Palace

-Supreme-

It’s refreshing seeing a Rashford alternative that doesn’t lose possession of the ball cheaply and works hard off the ball.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It’s refreshing seeing a Rashford alternative that doesn’t lose possession of the ball cheaply and works hard off the ball.
He's a nightmare to play against. Very aggressive going forward but like you said almost the most impressive thing was how he tracked back.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mature performance from him, still showing plenty of promise. Pretty much guarantees at least 3 or 4 very dangerous shots a game. Love his energy and tenacity.

jadaba

There’s a real desire in him, he always looks like he knows he should and can be doing more, even if he’s already producing good stuff.

Alemar

Unusually quiet performance from him. But - and it’s a big but - an important goal scored

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thought he had a mature performance tonight. Was quite disciplined which is good to see and worked hard.

Hoof the ball

It's easy to look for the dazzling performance, but performances like tonight are truer indicators of development. If a young player can score, contribute and not once do you need to worry about them needlessly losing the ball, then that's the markings of a top, top player. Mature performances are the biggest sign of a big learning curve.

Bobade

Kept it a bit calmer today and upgraded his work rate. Solid performance.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Thought he had a mature performance tonight. Was quite disciplined which is good to see and worked hard.
Absolutely. His decision-making is improving. Last season he would've tried to shoot after those cutbacks but he laid it off very nicely tonight when he saw there was too much traffic in front of him. His dribbling draws a lot of attention from opponents and that usually means a teammate is free somewhere.

tomaldinho1

There were few times he cut in to shoot and it wasn’t on and he made a simple pass and I genuinely applauded him, sensible play isn’t what we’re used to this season.

kundalini

Good finish for his goal from Dalot's cross. Also a decent shot from distance in the 2nd half, otherwise surprisingly quiet, kept it safe, retained possession rather than attempting to take players on.

Telsim

Refreshing to see LW press and involve his teammates. Good stuff.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mature performance from him. Must be hard to resist the urge to just run at players but he was never really given the space so kept having to come back inside. But he had good movement and got his goal.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Agree with those saying the word "mature". He was using the ball intelligently. Good performance.

Sylar

Lovely goal. He's very exciting when he gets the ball even when he keeps it safe. He's a threat

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Night and day between this and the league game he started. Good movement in the box to find the finish for the first goal. Didn't force anything, kept it simple and did his part defensively. Some promising stuff between him, Mount, Amrabat and Martial on that left side.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Despite the goal, I thought he – like everyone else tonight – lacked real end product: 0.16 xG and 0.04 xA. His best football, when he makes a real impact, is still in those 20-30 minute appearances off the bench against a tiring defence. More to come from him, but we won’t see him start more than a handful of games between now and Christmas.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bit off topic from his actual performance, but with Gore making his debut tonight and Mainoo's debut almost an inevitability at this point I thought I'd share this. If you haven't seen it before it's well worth a watch:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Still think he should be introduced slowly. But his touch and overall play is getting better and he looks way more confident and consistent with his choices. This season 25-30 appearance should be good step forward for him. No need to put him under undue pressure of starting every game.