Alex Jones's channel deleted from YouTube ft. MUTV presenter appreciation

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Oh, Gosh. Hayley McQueen was pretty, Mrs Evans looks really good, and Mandy looks like cold zebra. She's not pretty at all, I'm surprised she's still at MUTV.
I thought this was some new young person phrase before remembering there is a poster on here called Cold Zebra.

Cloud7

Good. The kind of garbage that he spews does not deserve a platform. People like him deserve all the bad in the world that can possibly befall them, for the disgraceful way that him and his fans have been attacking the parents of the sandy hook massacre.

It’s no surprise that Fox News are running this with a slant of “the left” “suppressing free speech”. What do you want to bet that all the trumpites are all suddenly massive fans of him and believe he has been wronged, if most of them aren’t already his fans. I wouldn’t doubt if there was a massive overlap, what with the deep state and all.

Raulduke

Alex Jones and his ilk are fully on board with bakers refusing to bake gay cakes but up in arms when Facebook, Youtube et al simply enforce their own terms of service. :rolleyes:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mandy Henry looks like an alien in a wig.

Also f*ck Alex Jones. Good.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Do you think a guy like Alex Jones would get the same air-time and exposure in the UK as he does in America? I genuinely don't know and hope he wouldn't - but to be honest there is a worrying trend for these kinds of people to slip into the mainstream - although the whole conspiracy theory bollocks is still very much in the background here rather than in the middle of things.

NoLogo

So everyone here is okay with YouTube banning Alex Jones?
I thought banning him was a bit harsh but he also shouldn't be able to market himself as a "news" channel or any sort of serious political channel because he is quite provable a borderline satirical propagandist and a nut job that if taken seriously can cause some real harm.

As a European I might have a different view on this compared to Americans but I really don't feel free speech should be unlimited, if it's clearly intended to sew mistrust of state institutions and misinformation to profit from it, it should at least be made obvious that this isn't information to be taken seriously since it has no foundation in reality.

That being said of course Youtube and co. are free to ban whomever they want if they don't feel like supporting their nonsense, it's not like there is a public right to publish your opinion/idiocy on these channels.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought banning him was a bit harsh but he also shouldn't be able to market himself as a "news" channel or any sort of serious political channel because he is quite provable a borderline satirical propagandist and a nut job that if taken seriously can cause some real harm.

As a European I might have a different view on this compared to Americans but I really don't feel free speech should be unlimited, if it's clearly intended to sew mistrust of state institutions and misinformation to profit from it, it should at least be made obvious that this isn't information to be taken seriously since it has no foundation in reality.

That being said of course Youtube and co. are free to ban whomever they want if they don't feel like supporting their nonsense, it's not like there is a public right to publish your opinion/idiocy on these channels.
For what he's done to the Sandy Hook parents he should be in jail let alone banned from YouTube. People get strikes on there for doing science experiments or filleting fish because it gets categorised as bomb making or something violent. Those are the harsh ones.

NoLogo

Do you think a guy like Alex Jones would get the same air-time and exposure in the UK as he does in America? I genuinely don't know and hope he wouldn't - but to be honest there is a worrying trend for these kinds of people to slip into the mainstream - although the whole conspiracy theory bollocks is still very much in the background here rather than in the middle of things.
Well I'm shocked that anyone, anywhere on earth would believe his outlandish crap at all but I'm not ruling out that this could basically happen in any country on earth. Conspiracy theories seem to thrive everywhere these days.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I remember reading one of the Sandy Hook parent's account of the impact Jones' false flag accusations actually had on them. With that in mind, I'm quite happy to see to his vile bullshit being taken off platforms I use.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I remember reading one of the Sandy Hook parent's account of the impact Jones' false flag accusations actually had on them. With that in mind, I'm quite happy to see to his vile bullshit being taken off platforms I use.
Yeah - I really wish them well in sueing his arse off. Nothing would make me happier than seeing that guy lose millions of dollars. He really is scum.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What's always funny in situations like this is seeing right-wing libertarian types who argue private businesses should be free from government interference getting really annoyed when those private businesses make a decision free of government interference that they don't like. Almost as if they don't give a feck about that at all and just want to see their own agenda furthered.

NinjaFletch

When even Andrew Neil thinks the guy's a lunatic then probably not:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/v...can-conspiracy-theorist-sunday-politics-video

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What's always funny in situations like this is seeing right-wing libertarian types who argue private businesses should be free from government interference getting really annoyed when those private businesses make a decision free of government interference that they don't like. Almost as if they don't give a feck about that at all and just want to see their own agenda furthered.
Funny that ay :lol:

Bakers apparently well within their rights to not make a gay cake but YouTube are destroying free speech now.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Does he get exposure outside of YT and the internet? I suppose the closest equivalent we have is David Icke who has virtually no fame outside of conspiracy circles. Milo Yianpopadolopodagalopagos was gaining some traction in the mainstream media but that looks to have died down and I can't think of the last time I heard about him.

Charles Miller

The reaction in the internet is really funny. Many of those guys that are always talking about "free competition", "survival of the stronger", now want daddy government to control private companies to give them a safe space.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Does he get exposure outside of YT and the internet? I suppose the closest equivalent we have is David Icke who has virtually no fame outside of conspiracy circles. Milo Yianpopadolopodagalopagos was gaining some traction in the mainstream media but that looks to have died down and I can't think of the last time I heard about him.
Probably the time he advocated for pedophilia on tape.

Milo is a vile human being.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Probably the time he advocated for pedophilia on tape.

Milo is a vile human being.
I don't know if it's reassuring or disconcerting to think that the best way to stop these fascist loons often tends to be to allow them to bask in their own immense idiocy until they say something stupid enough to get themselves shunned.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't know if it's reassuring or disconcerting to think that the best way to stop these fascist loons often tends to be to allow them to bask in their own immense idiocy until they say something stupid enough to get themselves shunned.
Yeah but you get exceptions like Trump who has been saying and doing all sorts for 2-3 years and is now President.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah but you get exceptions like Trump who has been saying and doing all sorts for 2-3 years and is now President.
The stupid shit he has said is basically a bed of needles at this point.

NoLogo

For what he's done to the Sandy Hook parents he should be in jail let alone banned from YouTube. People get strikes on there for doing science experiments or filleting fish because it gets categorised as bomb making or something violent. Those are the harsh ones.
Don't get me wrong I'm not in favor of this guy, I think he is a scumbag of the highest order but I think it's not necessarily always the best thing to just ban people from voicing their opinion, no matter how bat shit crazy they are, but I certainly recoginze that someone like him can be seen as a dangerous influence who shouldn't get any voice on a private service. Honestly I wouldn't let hm preach from my balcony either.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Don't get me wrong I'm not in favor of this guy, I think he is a scumbag of the highest order but I think it's not necessarily always the best thing to just ban people from voicing their opinion, no matter how bat shit crazy they are, but I certainly recoginze that someone like him can be seen as a dangerous influence who shouldn't get any voice on a private service. Honestly I wouldn't let hm preach from my balcony either.
How the feck is it an opinion? They are dead.

NoLogo

How the feck is it an opinion? They are dead.
Yeah I wasn't talking about sandy hook, obviously, he is getting sued for that, if he was banned for that crap, which would be late but 100% deserved, no doubt.

Edit: reading my comment it wasn't obvious, so yeah sorry for that misunderstanding. I was more concerned with the fact that I don't feel quite comfortable with banning or trying to get rid of people because they have vastly different view point of the world than I do. But if he got banned because of defamation it's 100% deserved and I have no concerns about it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I've always considered Jones to be 'controlled opposition', designed to discredit certain groups.