Alex Jones's channel deleted from YouTube ft. MUTV presenter appreciation

Halftrack

First they came for the nazis, and I just laughed because it was hilarious and good.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
While hilarious at first sight, I would have preferred if they hired people to refute all these hatemongers' posts and let only versions of their stuff with the rebuttals edited in online... but that would need manpower and money, so yeah, was never going to happen.

mu4c_20le

this guy still active? i swear he must be unemployed, the way hes always tweeting when something's going on

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
A few centuries ago it was also a fact that the earth is flat. Mainstream opinions (usually) do NOT require protection. Those that aren't mainstream - doesn't matter if they turn out correct or not - are the ones who require protection. And just because you do NOT care about listening to a "raving lunatic" doesn't mean other people don't. Liberties do not exactly rely on what you like or not.
I don't think you understand what facts are. A few centuries ago it was an opinion that the Earth was flat. One that was held by the mainstream, but an opinion nonetheless.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't think you understand what facts are. A few centuries ago it was an opinion that the Earth was flat. One that was held by the mainstream, but an opinion nonetheless.
That's a bit of a myth. We've known the Earth is round for at least a couple of thousand years. Peasants might not have, but then they probably didn't even think about it in the first place.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hard to know if he’s sick in the head or sick in the head. It’s a fine line between the two.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Is this shit for real?
Hard to tell, the article makes it sound like the content in question came from emails sent to InfoWars, so it may not actually implicate Jones. As vile and unscrupulous a person as he is, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this matter until more news arrives.

Drifter

American
Infowars Loses Appeal in Sandy Hook Defamation Lawsuit

Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist proprietor of Infowars, and his attorneys were denied an appeal regarding a lawsuit that alleges Infowars broadcast defamatory comments regarding the father of a child murdered in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. The Texas Court of Appeals has ordered Infowars to “pay all costs” related to the botched appeal.

Infowars filed its now-dismissed appeal one day after Sandy Hook parent Neil Heslin filed a motion for contempt against Infowars as part of an ongoing legal battle against the outlet, which in 2017 broadcast claims that Heslin argued were meant to insinuate that he lied about holding his murdered son’s body and to subject him to harassment and emotional damage by those who believe Sandy Hook was a “false flag” conspiracy—a conspiracy theory advanced by the host of an Infowars program and amplified by Jones himself.

Heslin had filed a motion for expedited discovery and a motion for sanctions against defendants Jones, Infowars employee Owen Shroyer, Free Speech Systems LLC, and Infowars LLC, after it was revealed that Jones had ordered Infowars employees to remove “social media pages and video content relating to the Sandy Hook shooting” from the internet. Jones and his lawyers had previously filed a motion to have Heslin’s lawsuit dismissed under the Texas Citizens Participation Act, a 2011 Texas law meant to aid individuals facing a frivolous lawsuits, but the judge hearing the case agreed with Heslin’s argument that Infowars’ efforts to delete content relevant to his case had hampered his ability to respond to Infowars’ motion to dismiss.

A judge extended the hearing date on Infowars’ TCPA motion and ordered Infowars to respond to discovery requests. But when the deadline for discovery approached, Infowars made clear it did not intend to cooperate. Heslin filed a motion for contempt of court.

Lawyers for Infowars argued that because defendants had appeared in court regarding their motion to dismiss, they were not required to comply with the discovery process. The Texas Court of Appeals disagreed with Infowars’ interpretation of Texas law and tossed the appeal.

In a ruling rendered August 30, 2019, Jones’ appeal to the Texas Court of Appeals from the District Court of Travis County was dismissed. Jones was ordered to “pay all costs relating to this appeal, both in this Court and in the court below.”

“We agree with Heslin that the district court has not yet ruled on Appellants’ motion to dismiss, nor has the motion been overruled by operation of law. Accordingly, we dismiss the appeal for lack of jurisdiction,” Justice Gisela Triana wrote in the opinion.

Infowars’ failed appeal wasted nearly a year of time in Heslin’s lawsuit against Infowars. Mark Bankston, an attorney representing Heslin, said the next steps in the case won’t be clear until parties meet with the court.

“Mr. Heslin is very pleased with the decision of the Court of Appeals dismissing InfoWars’ appeal and ordering Mr. Jones to pay costs. After InfoWars wasted everyone’s time on a frivolous appeal, we can now return to the trial court where we intend to hold Mr. Jones fully accountable for his disgusting defamation of Mr. Heslin,” Bankston told Right Wing Watch.

The dismissal of Infowars’ appeal last week is yet another blow to the conspiracy theory outlet, which has found itself facing multiple lawsuits related to its coverage of the Sandy Hook shooting.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Still the greatest thread title ever, in my opinion. Though the ‘Phillip Lahm’ in the classics runs it close.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Alex Jones faces calls for arrest after apparent Biden threat
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ech-trump-b1773646.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Alex Jones is facing calls for his arrest after the conspiracy theorist told a Donald Trump rally that president-elect Joe Biden will be removed "one way or the other".
The InfoWars host has been accused of attempting to incite violence during his speech at the “Million MAGA march” which was held to drum up support for Mr Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud.
"So I don't know who's going to the White House in 38 days but I sure know this - Joe Biden is a globalist and Joe Biden will be removed one way or another,” Mr Jones said during his appearance at the event.

Where is "cancel culture™" when you need it. If this twat could be cancelled that would be great thanks.

Drainy

Shit move, but constitutionally protected. I doubt anything will come of it.

My understanding is that unless a threat is realistic and imminently actionable the 1st amendment will likely protect the speech.