Alexander Buttner | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyrobus

23 means that technique wise he is done growing. Mentally, physically yes there is room for growth. He can practice crosses and shooting etc but I don't see the dribbling and the inherent first touch improving, particularly when under pressure.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
23 means that technique wise he is done growing. Mentally, physically yes there is room for growth. He can practice crosses and shooting etc but I don't see the dribbling and the inherent first touch improving, particularly when under pressure.
Scholesy ? I thought you were banned ?

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Every time I've seen him he looks a genuinely awful defender, really really poor, one of the worst in the league.

There's something about him going forward, he's committed, maybe he's a project for the coaches. His positional play is just so atrocious though, I don't know whether it can be taught to that extent.

Cevno

Was asleep for the goal and then made a weird challenge.

I'm always right

Every time I've seen him he looks a genuinely awful defender, really really poor, one of the worst in the league.

There's something about him going forward, he's committed, maybe he's a project for the coaches. His positional play is just so atrocious though, I don't know whether it can be taught to that extent.
Well you just said Cleverley was MOTM, so what do you know. :p

And you spelt his name wrong... pah!

Cevno

His crossing is very good though and he is a very good athlete.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The way he complicates the situation every time when he simply can pass it to Vidic is ridiculous to watch, you just have to raise your head sometimes :lol:

Cevno

Fabio is a better defender than him probably. He is better in the air but that's it.

Fiskey

His crossing is very good though and he is a very good athlete.
This is what I mean, there's something there, just not a defender at present. Will be interesting to see how he develops if he stays with us.

Shark

@NotShark
His crossing was one of the few highlights for me. Other than that, he was bordering very average. Fabio will eclipse him easily IMO.

steeeb

Towards the end he went forward a bit and lost the ball and didn't look interested in getting back - leaving Carrick to defend at right back.

It really annoyed me. I hope he got a bollocking for it as it could have cost us the win.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I somewhat inexplicably really like him. He doesn't seem terribly good at all, though.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I sympathise a bit with these lads that only play a game every 3-4 weeks. Must be hard to get a rhythm going when you're never gettin a run of games. He'll have to get used to it but as Evra will still be first choice for another couple of years

Cevno

Would like for him to be loaned out next season really, to gauge where he is at.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I sympathise a bit with these lads that only play a game every 3-4 weeks. Must be hard to get a rhythm going when you're never gettin a run of games. He'll have to get used to it but as Evra will still be first choice for another couple of years
Agreed.

Look at Tevez. A world class talent had lots of trouble playing every other week here.

Players try way too hard in these situations to impress.

This is why Ole and Chicharito are so feckin amazing.

Fiskey

Agreed.

Look at Tevez. A world class talent had lots of trouble playing every other week here.

Thing is his mistakes are really basic, while his touch and general play seems alright. Its positional mistakes, and you wouldn't think this aspect would drop off significantly.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
His delivery was excellent, but the rest of his play wasn't great. I will give him that he looks comfortable in the 'Evra' attacking role - sitting well into the oppositions half exchanging little one twos with the left winger.

He's clearly a decent footballer, but not sure if he's a great left back.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Agreed.

To a degree. I think not playing affects certain positions more than others -- certainly strikers are affected more with lost of rhythm and eventually the all important confidence. Less of an issue for full-backs.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21

Jesus Christ, I just don't get this place anymore.

Shimo

Harsh to criticize a player that is getting hardly any game time. Especially a young one playing in his first season with us. He was pretty decent today.

SATA

Apart from that moment where he lost the ball near the end and he was annoyingly just jogging back like Evra sometimes does, i thought he did well, don't understand what's the criticism at him for.

Forevergiggs

I thought he had a good game. The goal was Vidic's fault not his. Has obviously been asked to curb his natural attacking instinct as he hasn't been that adventurous going forward as he was in his first game. It has helped his defensive game and positioning. Was better in one on one situations last night than I have seen him previously.

Bebe

I somewhat inexplicably really like him. He doesn't seem terribly good at all, though.
:lol:My thoughts exactly.

Far too early for much in the way of judging his ability in any case given he's only made a handful of apps. I'd feel nervous with him starting against most Prem sides though. Luckily Paddy is a machine.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Would like for him to be loaned out next season really, to gauge where he is at.
Please no. It's useless if he plays in the lower leagues and he won't get first team game time in the premier league.

SATA

Why not? He will start for most sides in the bottom half of the league. I personally hope he stays here as Fabio is abit injury prone though

Slevs

Why not? He will start for most sides in the bottom half of the league. I personally hope he stays here as Fabio is abit injury prone though
Fabio is a much better player and hardly played at the beginning of the season, even when he wasn't injured.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
How does he compare to fabio? Haven't been watching much of him at QPR, but somehow i think he will still come back and get a go at making the position his own.

Slevs

How does he compare to fabio? Haven't been watching much of him at QPR, but somehow i think he will still come back and get a go at making the position his own.
Fabio is definitely the better player. Better defensively and attacking wise he's just slightly better. Buttner has the physical advantage though.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Jesus Christ, I just don't get this place anymore.
He does make a lot of mistakes. The guy was bought for back up, which was stated by the club. He is here to give Evra a rest, he is doing what he is supposed to.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I would think a left sided midfielder role suit him better than being a left back.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You don't really believe this do you ? One example I have for you is Drogba who improve a lot more technically in his late twenties than early

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's a decent back up and that is what he's been bought for. Eventhough he was not brilliant last night, it's hard for him to not play football for weeks and then shine.

Fabio will play LB and RB next season with Jones and Smalling getting more games at CB.

Anduin

I thought he did well yesterday. He just jogged back on one occassion towards the end of the game, otherwise he was sound defensively IMO. Decent going forward too, though he had acres of space at times. Can't see how the goal was his fault, Vidic completely fell asleep and left the striker pretty much alone. He is here for covering Evra and plays about once in a month, I can't see how we should expect much more...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Please no. It's useless if he plays in the lower leagues and he won't get first team game time in the premier league.
He's 24 already and has played 4 full seasons in Eredivisie. There's no point loaning him out for the experience as he's already got plenty of games at another club.

I don't like this transfer so far. He was supposed to be moving to Legia Warsaw or Lech Poznan just a year ago but they sent their scouts to Vitesse game and decided he wasn't worth €400k. I don't see how all of a sudden he'd turn into a €5m player good enough to play for United, I think I prefer Fabio.

Cevno

I thought he did well yesterday. He just jogged back on one occassion towards the end of the game, otherwise he was sound defensively IMO. Decent going forward too, though he had acres of space at times. Can't see how the goal was his fault, Vidic completely fell asleep and left the striker pretty much alone. He is here for covering Evra and plays about once in a month, I can't see how we should expect much more...
:houllier:

It was Buttner who came across to cover late, and then made a half hearted challenge.

That goal was on Smalling's poor footwork in the tackle and Buttner being asleep. The commentator was having a shocker.

Cevno

See the video. Smalling has had a shocker getting distracted from the challenge due to the reading player putting his head there and clearing from outside of his right and not using his left foot after being caught so deep.

And then Buttner reacts late and when he does comes across making a strange kind of challenge which obstructs Vidic coming back too but doesn't stop the reading player at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.