Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

This. The club is wealthy and Woodward's minions have obviously done the math.. What's the issue?
The numbers might get thrown in your face in an argument with fellow children on twitter. That aside, there's no reason to care about what the club spends on wages/fees.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's not very good at his job if it takes him that long to get the best possible deal.
Or he's very good at his job for not settling until he gets the best possible deal. It's more likely that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How is this a surprise? He is going to sign a contract for 3-4 years, he won't want to be on the same pay for 5 to 6 years.

When you switch your job, you don't ask for a pay rise? No matter how you have performed in your previous organization.
Mhki hasn't performed anywhere close to that a £150k a week player, to ask for a pay rise under these circumstances is laughable. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets it though. He has one of the worlds top agents representing him.

kopviolator

that's unbelievable. A player flops big time mainly due to his attitude and he expects a pay rise for bothering to leave the very same club he let down.
He's in a position to negotiate. Nothing unbelievable about it. This is the problem with contracting player for extortionate salaries. After all, they all have agents whose job is to secure their bottom line.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Mhki hasn't performed anywhere close to that a £150k a week player, to ask for a pay rise under these circumstances is laughable. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets it though. He has one of the worlds top agents representing him.
If he was angling for the move himself, sure.

When he's being pushed into the move, and other parties need the move more than he does, he can ask for whatever the hell he likes.

Infra-red

He's not very good at his job if it takes him that long to get the best possible deal.
Lots of posturing and brinkmanship. That usually means it'll drag for ages and finally get done at the death. Expect a deadline day deal.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Look at this from Mhiki's point of view....

He has the prestige of playing for "The Biggest Club In The World", has already collected some silverware, has Champions League football and has a £140k contract until 2020.

He is being asked to move to a club in disarray, that have barely won anything in a decade and are losing their best players, and can offer Europa League football at best.

He'd want to be very well compensated...!!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

He has the prestige of playing for "The Biggest Club In The World", has already collected some silverware, has Champions League football and has a £140k contract until 2020.

He is being asked to move to a club in disarray, that have barely won anything in a decade and are losing their best players, and can offer Europa League football at best.

He probably needs the payrise to afford living in London too.

OverratedOpinion

He's in a position to negotiate.
I'll say it again. He is only in that position because he has failed to do his job to such an extent that his current employer have had to go out and find someone more capable.

Good luck to him, I hope Arsenal end up paying him 500k a week so I can laugh at them but he should be embarrassed every time he opens his bank statement.

Slops

No he should accept the first offer on the table and move to a lesser club so impatient fans on redcafe won't be upset with him.

BigdaftGorby

LOOK!!! ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND WOODY KNOWS(the fact that I’m talking about woody from toy story is irrelevant)

I WANT SANCHEZ WRAPPED AND IN A BOW TODAY!!!

NAKED.........Ooops
My inner voice keeps popping out.

edgar allan

You know what, I actually want to get myself a juicer of some sort, and have always been put off because in the back of my mind I feel I will one day win a Kenwood Juicer from RedCafe. :lol:
Kenwoods are the dogs undercarriage in the Juicing business, where do I sign up for a chance to win also.

OverratedOpinion

That's one perspective.

He is at a club that is rebuilding and his poor performances have lost the managers trust. More than likely would be a fringe player at most and the fans are not particularly fond of him.

He is being offered the chance to move to one of the world's greatest cities and be one of the main men for a good club where the style of football suits him much better.

Swings and roundabouts but he isn't being sent down the coal mine.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's in a position to negotiate. Nothing unbelievable about it. This is the problem with contracting player for extortionate salaries. After all, they all have agents whose job is to secure their bottom line.
From a moral point of view its unbelievable. A player had failed big time. He's given a rare second chance at a top club and he's expected a payrise. If I was Wenger I wouldn't want him anywhere close to my club now

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Why does this "dragging things out torture" always seem to happen to United?
It doesn't. The story broke thursday so it's been six days. But when you constantly check for updates all day long, it may seem that way.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm very confident this will be done well before deadline day, too much desperation for it to be done from everyone involved for it to drag that long. It doesn't do any parties involved any favours to drag it out till then.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Unless they are back in the Champions League, then they will not attract a top manager, nor any top players, so I don't see how you think that they will.

Care to explain why anyone staff or player that is half decent, would join a team that is without Champions League football, nor looking likely to get it anytime soon??
Jose joined us. Citeh didn't have CL football when they started their rise. They would have to pay a premium in wages I guess, which they would struggle with I'm sure, but you don't need to go for super famous names to build a good team.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That's one perspective.

He is at a club that is rebuilding and his poor performances have lost the managers trust. More than likely would be a fringe player at most and the fans are not particularly fond of him.

He is being offered the chance to move to one of the world's greatest cities and be one of the main men for a good club where the style of football suits him much better.

Not to mention.. he's finished here and has no future Sanchez deal or not. Then you have to factor in, who would actually want him.. none of the top european sides would give him a second look and out of the second tier sides.. even likes of Dortmund wouldn't be too enthusiastic at taking him back, Liverpool's attack is so strong they don't need him and his options fast become very limited.

Genuinely think he's looking a gift horse in the mouth here. It literally is a perfect opportunity for him and the right stage.

Ainu

There's talk now that this swap deal has been in the pipeline since the Summer, which suggests, nah i'd better not....
I don't think it would be fair to judge a manager's action on the basis of hearsay and rumours, even if they come from someone like Raiola himself, who clearly has his own agenda. I'd say Mkhitaryan was given a fair chance by Mourinho.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why shouldn't his back be scratched when we're literally forcing him out of the club? I'd certainly want compensation, he's got to go to Arsenal for crying out loud. We're heartless really.
And so you should be if you want to become successful in this business. We have been guilty of holding too many players past their expiry dates. Rooney, Anderson, Evra to name a few in recent years. Even someone like Giggs in his final two seasons was taking up a valuable squad place that could have been given to someone 20 years younger.

Sentiments like these is one of many reasons why we've been so appalling in recent years. There is simply no room to carry passengers anymore. Just look at City, they got rid of all their deadwood last summer and replaced them with quality. This summer they'll probably replace their club captain that took them to two league titles, simply because he isn't contributing enough. There is also talk about replacing Kun who has been in decline since Pep arrived. Kompany and Aguero. Two club legends and the backbone of City for the past 6-7 years. And here we are, getting touchy because our club wants to get rid of a guy who has been underwhelming for best part of 18 months since his signed for the club.

If being heartless and ruthless is the requirement to become successful then sign me up. This isn't a charity, it's a professional football club where players are paid insane money to perform consistently at a very high level.

Slops

This is how contracts work, though. Players and clubs sign a deal for x number of years for the player's service in exchange for the club's money. Before that contract is up the player doesn't get to leave without the agreement of the club, and the club doesn't get to get rid without the agreement of the player.

That puts Mkhi in a strong position as the club is now desperate for him to move to Arsenal, and as it stands still owe him two and a half years of wages.

His level of performance on the pitch is irrelevant. He's absolutely entitled to get the best deal possible to go to Arsenal, or to not go to Arsenal at all.

SirAF

Ageist
And so you should be if you want to become successful in this business. We have been guilty of holding too many players past their expiry dates. Rooney, Anderson, Evra to name a few in recent years. Even someone like Giggs in his final two seasons was taking up a valuable squad place that could have been given to someone 20 years younger.

Sentiments like these is one of many reasons why we've been so appalling in recent years. There is simply no room to carry passengers anymore. Just look at City, they got rid of all their deadwood last summer and replaced them with quality. This summer they'll probably replace their club captain that took them to two league titles, simply because he isn't contributing enough. There is also talk about replacing Kun who has been in decline since Pep arrived. Kompany and Aguero. Two club legends and the backbone of City for the past 6-7 years. And here we are, getting touchy because our club wants to get rid of a guy who has been underwhelming for best part of 18 months since his signed for the club.

If being heartless and ruthless is the requirement to become successful then sign me up. This isn't a charity, it's a professional football club where players are paid insane money to perform consistently at a very high level.
Spot on.

Werd.

A-fecking-men.

Miscemayl

Perfectly entitled to ask for a raise. I dont know why we consider it different to any forms of employment. If my boss came to me and said, I want you to relocate somewhere else that I might not fancy, you think I will go for the same $$ dont be naive
Agreed and if Raiola isn't asking for a payrise he's not doing his job properly.

Move several levels down to Arsenal? Sure! Pay cut? Sounds great! Where do I sign?!
Exactly! Bet every poster that suggested he take a pay cut "for failing us" would never do it if it's their own job.

It well past the time for a cap on agents fees. Ideally players should pay them out of their salary or 1% maximum of the transfer.
They make barristers look like voluntary workers.
You'll end up with higher salaries and even higher transfer fee to make the existing fees fall within the new limit

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13

Zlatattack

What would the reaction from United fans be if Mkhitaryan turns Arsenal down and the whole deal collapses. Would Mkhitaryan be reviled by large sections of the United support?
Now that would be terrible - i don't expect that to happen at all.

I bet his performances would come under ever closer scrutiny though. No more being a passenger. Fellaini took a lot of stick, he came good in the end, has been a good player for us in the last 18 months. I expect Mikhi would get similar stick if he decided to continue being a passenger. All any of us really want is for him to play at his potential consistently. If he was good 4/5 games he'd be a hero. instead he's good 1/5. That's not good enough for someone of his talent, his reputation, his salary, who's in his prime.

sosolid4u09

Completely missing the point like most others in this thread.

No problem with him being shipped out. But the comments on here are totally unacceptable and unbecoming of Manchester United. We treat our players with respect while they still wear the shirt. His shitty form is not down to attitude or work ethic. It just hasn't worked for him. That's fine. We need to get rid by all means. But some of the comments in here are classless

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Agreed.

OverratedOpinion

Not to mention.. he's finished here and has no future Sanchez deal or not.
I think that is important. I saw someone mentions Solskjaer's move to Spurs and what he went on to contribute after that fell through but I really don't see any way back on this occasion. If this doesn't end up going through I think we will end up paying cash for Sanchez and sitting Mikhi on the bench until he eventually leaves for Everton or somewhere like that in the summer.

Crustanoid

That's one perspective.

Look at it from another perspective. He is directly responsible for some of the poor results and performances and has a chance to go to another club who have won the PL in this millennium (there aren’t many) and if he cocks up this transfer he could end up in the reserves for a long while and then somewhere like Burnley (sorry Burnley) once we get shot of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.