g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgar allan

It's football mate. It's sickening to think of people earning £10k a week, so it's all just numbers at the end of the day that gets sillier.

I get much more worried at transfer fees, when you think what that money could do in real life important things.
Well it is like a 20 million transfer fee every year we will be paying him.
Pogba will be in the office first thing monday looking parity, Lingard will be looking 200k a week.

Karlkim SK

I think he really wants to leave Arsenal as soon as possible, but I never thought we are in the race.

Sanchez might prefer City, but all summer, we also heard that Lukaku preferred Chelsea over us. It's hard to trust anything from transfer news these days.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba will be in the office first thing monday looking parity, Lingard will be looking 200k a week.
That's not how it works stop being a tart lol.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It happened. But this just seemed too obvious to me, like his agent is trying to use us to push forward the City deal.
José's comments today suggests we are in for him though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think Pogba will be asking for more, he's already on ridiculous money

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I remember when people in 2011-12 said Chelsea weren't winning a CL anytime soon.
Or Liverpool. Or plenty of teams in knock out competitions. Heck, who on earth thought that Porto would win it.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that Arsenal will not be winning the Champions League any time soon.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
José's comments today suggests we are in for him though.
Yeah, for sure. I saw that he followed those accounts so completely disregarded the story, but today has changed my mind for sure.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thats exactly how it works and you know it pet
If that happened the club would fold every time we signed a player. Once his contract ends yes they can use it as collateral to renegotiate sure, but not just because they've given a new player more.

Anyway yes he will be worth it. A finished product amongst our rough diamonds.

AndyJ1985

Are people happy with the prospect of paying him 400k a week? He is a good player but he is not worth that or close to it.
We can't moan about not signing great players and then moan when we do sign great players on high wages.

Ban

Or Liverpool. Or plenty of teams in knock out competitions. Heck, who on earth thought that Porto would win it.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that Arsenal will not be winning the Champions League any time soon.
I must admit I chuckled at the Arsenal fan saying when will we win the CL or not.

edgar allan

If that happened the club would fold every time we signed a player. Once his contract ends yes they can use it as collateral to renegotiate sure, but not just because they've given a new player more.

Anyway yes he will be worth it. A finished product amongst our rough diamonds.
Not every player but the very top players might have more influence I suggest.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yup, I just checked instagram. It's real.
He did the same thing on twitter (followed United and a bunch of other United related accounts but on twitter) in 2014 during the Vidal saga.
It happened. But this just seemed too obvious to me, like his agent is trying to use us to push forward the City deal.
Think that's from a fake instagram. Alexis Sanchez is following a "ferfelicevich", but his account is private. The account from that screenshot is "fernandofelicevich_", neither Sanchez nor Vidal are following it.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This following his agent stuff is just embarrassing lads, why waste your time with something so pointless? Someone find his dog food supplier, they must know something.
Travel agent is more important so we can start tracking his flight.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's football mate. It's sickening to think of people earning £10k a week, so it's all just numbers at the end of the day that gets sillier.

I get much more worried at transfer fees, when you think what that money could do in real life important things.
The money doesn’t disappear. It stays in the economy. It’s not like an either-or between investing in good or burning it.

Working for the NHS, I see no greater example of money regularly being pissed up the wall.

Devil81

This is one of those transfer saga's that officially has my cock in my hand for any information given.

Since yesterday I can confirm it's exploded three or four times, and twice on the trot after Jose's press conference!!!

Come on United!! make this happen!!

edgar allan

The money doesn’t disappear. It stays in the economy. It’s not like an either-or between investing in good or burning it.

Working for the NHS, I see no greater example of money regularly being pissed up the wall.
Do you think that his agent spends his 5 million in the COOP?
No doubt high end watch and car dealers will get a few pound out of it.
I work in the NHS also, we could do with a few of the pounds you are wasting.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Think that's from a fake instagram. Alexis Sanchez is following a "ferfelicevich", but his account is private. The account from that screenshot is "fernandofelicevich_", neither Sanchez nor Vidal are following it.
Yeah sounds it. The twitter account is genuine but he pulled the same stunt four years ago. Means nothing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Similarly, it's pretty certain that Sanchez's wage requests will have gone up, especially with us trying to muscle in.
This is what Di Marzio has been reporting all along. City had a deal with the player. Then United came in and offered him more. Now United have a deal with the player, and city don't

As for dressing room unrest, that's a thing for city, the ones who found a juggernaut of a team on their hands to worry about. For United? Besides Pogba, is there another player who's been so good for you he could genuinely ask for a raise because of what Alexis Sanchez earns, right now?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but can someone tell how Sanchez was under Pep at Barca? Because my vague impression is that he didn't exactly set the world alight over there (hence why he got sold to Arsenal while a lesser player in Pedro took his place) and that his best moments came after Pep left.
He was injured a bit, had some great games (Real away), but altogether pretty inconsistent. He often got substituted also. Some of that must go down to injury and settling down, but it wasn't a great season.

For example, that was his worst season in terms of goal/assist per game ratio in last 7 years.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn't that Messi? Sanchez is more maverick than your ideal Pep player who would be more metronomic (?). It's one reason why Sanchez didn't thrive at Barcelona. He's more aggressive in his play style.
And that’s exactly what Pep wants. Alexis has an extremely high workrate. At one point he had the most ball recoveries in the final 3rd in Europe and that is what Pep wants. Winning the ball in the oppositions 3rd whilst pressing them and leaving them with absolutely no get out balls other than punting it long back to his defence. Bernardo Silva last year had the most ball recoveries in the final 3rd in Europe, hence why he has been brought in, he wants players that have the workrate to get him the ball back and then have the technical ability to punish teams. Alexis has all of that. I’d imagine if Alexis ends up at City then Aguero will be the one he replaces as he does more of what Pep wants. Also Alexis did well playing for Pep as a 9 and on the right he was scoring plenty and effecting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.