g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bloody-Nine

Who cares how much he'd earn. It's not your money and we aren't going to pay anyone what we can't afford.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Glad I wasn't the only one destroyed by that failed transfer saga.
I remember reading either the mirror or the sun newspaper and they had a two page spread on the story of his impoverished upbringing in Brazil and his rise to being one of the best footballers in the world.

In the article it stated “new Manchester United player Ronaldinho”. As far as the press were concerned it was a done deal. I think it surprised everyone when Barcelona swooped in and signed him.

DdeGoat

I think we will be paying him a £30m bouns. City only want to pay him £15m if he joins this month as he they will have to pay Arsenal something.
£30m + £250k/week will effectively make it £450k/wk over a three year contract. I think that is too much. I think it'll be settled at around £325k-£350k per week. Plus the additional transfer and agent fee.

crossy1686

career ending
If Sanchez stays at Arsenal until the summer I think that a) that shows how we no longer have the pulling power and nous as a club to attract the top players in the World, and b) he'll end up at PSG because he really is all about money
If Sanchez joins City, it’s because he wants an easy PL this season then will probably do one or two more seasons before jumping off to PSG. We can make him a more attractive offer in terms of salary and earning a PL instead of coming late to the party and eating the cake.
The media agenda against us at the moment is shocking. It’s obvious that no one wants us to return to our former glory and they’re all really enjoying this period of downtime we’re having so the thought of us signing a quality player means we have to be painted as “the empire” because we’re offering Sanchez a better deal. I hope we sign Sanchez just so people can go back to openly hating us instead of pretending they prefer City.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Who cares how much he'd earn. It's not your money and we aren't going to pay anyone what we can't afford.
The wage will all so be offset by the fact that we would be getting a £100 million player for a fraction of the cost.

Number1

Why is everyone talking about money and saying things like "if he ends up at PSG it will be because of money"? :confused: You make it sound like United are in poverty and living on rations.

United the richest club in the world, a club who held the world record transfer fee in how much it paid for a player less than a year ago, one of few clubs who can pay £100m+ for 1 single player and still sign more the same window, a club who got accused of inflating the transfer market in how much was paying for players before PSG signed Neymar.

Last edited:

The Bloody-Nine

The wage will all so be offset by the fact that we would be getting a £100 million player for a fraction of the cost.
True. I'd rather we concentrate on whether or not a player can improve us significantly, rather than how much he'll earn. And Sanchez would definitely improve us.

I still don't think it will happen, mind you.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Never understood odds, going by what you said, who's favourites?
United are currently priced on SkyBet at 1.67 (4/3) a £1 bet would give you £1.67
City at 3.75 (11/4) a £1 bet would give £3.75

Making United favourites comfortably, though the betting market is not a good indicator of anything, the market is volatile and always follows the trends in betting.

superdry

touched by a genius
One player who has everything we need, he has so many facets to his game, buy him, try to get the best deal we can, but for the love of God, Buy the fecker!

crossy1686

career ending
United are currently priced on SkyBet at 1.67 (4/3) a £1 bet would give you £1.67
City at 3.75 (11/4) a £1 bet would give £3.75

Making United favourites comfortably, though the betting market is not a good indicator of anything, the market is volatile and always follows the trends in betting.
The betting market only swings when major sums are placed in a short amount of time. I’ve got a mate who’s a professional gambler and he bets silly amounts when he spots the bookies have been generous with their odds. They very quickly bring the numbers down after he’s taken full advantage of it.

If they’re changing their odds it’s because they’re worried someone knows something they don’t.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is the part that some may miss.
The going rate for top players isn't reducing, but take that massive fee out, and it's more doable.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The betting market only swings when major sums are placed in a short amount of time. I’ve got a mate who’s a professional gambler and he bets silly amounts when he spots the bookies have been generous with their odds. They very quickly bring the numbers down after he’s taken full advantage of it.

If they’re changing their odds it’s because they’re worried someone knows something they don’t.
Pro gambler? Any idea what sort of money he makes? Do people actually live off winnings? Usual wisdom is it's not very likely.

United Pro

The longer this plays out, the more likely City get him imo. If reports are to be believed then Sanchez prefers City, so him joining them is just a matter of City paying the relevant fees. If we have really offered a superior fee to both Arsenal and Sanchez but this still plays out till the end of the window, it shows that Sanchez's side is still trying to get City to pay up. The reports about City not willing to pay up are likely just them trying to pressurise both Arsenal and Sanchez as they know that Sanchez wants them so they don't need to pay over the odds now. Unless of course that briefing really was City trying to save face, but I find that highly unlikely right now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One player who has everything we need, he has so many facets to his game, buy him, try to get the best deal we can, but for the love of God, Buy the fecker!
He'll be immense, but to some extent we would still need a playmaker like an Ozil who could create the chances.

Sanchez is still a bit of what i'd call a "runner", so could we play with Lingard, him and Martial, or do we still need someone who's more a technicial like an Ozil or Mata?

edgar allan

A

When did turning 29 mean old. Almost laughable the way some of you bang on about age.
i would say that the majority of players in that position have already peaked by that age. Although it is not quite the continuation of the Ibra and Schweinsteiger retirement signings.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
A

When did turning 29 mean old. Almost laughable the way some of you bang on about age.
We signed RVP at that age and he was broken down a year later. Not saying the same thing will happen but there’s always a risk. Rooney and Torres were done at that age too.

Ban

We signed RVP at that age and he was broken down a year later. Not saying the same thing will happen but there’s always a risk. Rooney and Torres were done at that age too.
Rvp was always injury prone. Completely different circumstances. Rooney never looked after himself.

InfiniteBoredom

RvP had a history of being injury prone though, the time we signed him was an anomaly in his career being fit for 18 months on the bounce at Arsenal + another year with us.

Sanchez has no long term fitness issue.

superdry

touched by a genius
He'll be immense, but to some extent we would still need a playmaker like an Ozil who could create the chances.

Sanchez is still a bit of what i'd call a "runner", so could we play with Lingard, him and Martial, or do we still need someone who's more a technicial like an Ozil or Mata?
Yeah he's a runner, but with close control, vision, crossing skills, striking and I bet if the goal posts were lowered he'd be a great goalkeeper.

el3mel

I don't think that was RVP problem at all. It was the managerial change and SAF leaving that broke him. I mean which player exactly wasn't broken by Moyes in this season ?

Number1

He's a £100m player in terms of talent and how he plays, obviously at 29 not many would pay £100m for a 29 year old, although Madrid smashed the world record signing 29 year old Zidane.

Sanchez is probably going to stay at the level he's at now for another 3 years at least, why worry about what happens in 4 years? Just enjoy the now as someone else will come along then, Rashford may have stepped it up another level in 4 years, Angel Gomes will be ready.

BigdaftGorby

Haven't really been keeping up. Gary Neville tweeted something?
So ballbag tweeted Sanchez will have to choose between Pep or money, Gary Neville jumped on it with a shitload of sarcasm.
Ballbag hates Jose but licks Peps arse.

SSSSnake

RVP AKA Mr glass? Can’t really compare can you? Sanchez looks after himself similar to Ronaldo, Giggs etc. He has a good 4 years left at least.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All different situations.
RVP is covered by other posters above, but unlike Sanchez, Rooney was a wonderkid, who had a tonneload of miles on the clock by 20, and a couple of pretty bad injuries.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I don't think that was RVP problem at all. It was the managerial change and SAF leaving that broke him. I mean which player exactly wasn't broken by Moyes in this season ?
Seems a convenient excuse. He never recovered his form at all under different managers. To be honest he wasn’t even great in the second half of the title winning season.

RvP had a history of being injury prone though, the time we signed him was an anomaly in his career being fit for 18 months on the bounce at Arsenal + another year with us.

Sanchez has no long term fitness issue.
And I vividly remember those injuries being used as a reason why he might not break down - he hadn’t played that many games and had finally dropped that tag in the years before we signed him. He also seemed stylistically like a player who could play into his 30’s.

Sanchez has played a lot of games for club and country. He works himself hard. The idea that it may be too much for him eventually isn’t ridiculous. It wasn’t when he was likely going to City or if he’s going to us. The fee doesn’t make it much of a risk either way.

superdry

touched by a genius
RVP was ponderous, Sanchez is lean and athletic, he'll be good for another 5-6 years easily and be value for whatever money we pay,in my opinion.

Adcuth

Does ballbag actually have a problem with Utd or the English. Can't workout if he's just bias towards pep and the Spanish or if he actually doesn't like us for some reason. Or maybe he's just a cnut plain and simple

Himannv

Why is everyone talking about money and saying things like "if he ends up at PSG it will be because of money"? :confused: You make it sound like United are in poverty and living on rations.

United the richest club in the world, a club who held the world record transfer fee in how much it paid for a player less than a year ago, one of few clubs who can pay £100m+ for 1 single player and still sign more the same window, a club who got accused of inflating the transfer market in how much was paying for players before PSG signed Neymar.
If there was a like button available, I would press it. I don't think money is a concern at all in this deal. The amount that Sky are quoting is like spare change for an attacking player these days and we can certainly afford wages for the very best as well.

The bigger concern for me is whether he actually wants to come here.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Does ballbag actually have a problem with Utd or the English. Can't workout if he's just bias towards pep and the Spanish or if he actually doesn't like us for some reason. Or maybe he's just a cnut plain and simple
He is very pro-Spanish and also supports Liverpool, that is why he hates us.

vidic blood & sand

RVP was ponderous, Sanchez is lean and athletic, he'll be good for another 5-6 years easily and be value for whatever money we pay,in my opinion.
Not sure about 5-6.
Very eager to sign him me thinks.

Swap him for Mata + the crappy defender we bought recently. Can' remember his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.