Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah, i posted the wrong tweet,

this was the update from 3 hours ago

Absolute fecking bullshit. If City didn’t spend a fortune in the summer and be very well stocked in that area, they’d be going all out now to get this transfer done. £30m or £80m.

So tell me, was Walker fair price? How about Danilo? They were fine but Sanchez is too pricy all of a sudden?

People have short memories. City were breaking the bank for players like Bellamy, Robinho, Elano and Santa Cruz not so long ago and now they start pulling out this sanctimonious bullshit. The state of the media is un-fecking-real.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fact is that most footballers decline drastically in their thirties. Alexis may only have 2-3 peak years left.
2-3 years of a player at his peak is underrated. I love watching players develop as much as the next man but developing a player also means you have to endure them blowing cold as often as their purple patches.

We’ve got lots of players in that age group at the moment. Having someone like Alexis who can carry the team and drag a result out of the games where the opposition is sitting back is invaluable at this stage.

Classical Mechanic

‘We’re Man City, we want to pay a fair price, one that is under current market value, Alexis needs to be humble about his chance to play for Pep in the hallowed sky blue, did we mention that we have Pep and have been top of the league for a few months, we deserve respect (and discount deals)’

crossy1686

career ending
If City do shift on this fee stance and sign him for what arsenal want them to pay, I can’t wait to see what the media say about it. Will it still be Pep and love over money then?

superdry

touched by a genius
5-6 years easily? Physique is one of Sanchez’ most prominent assets and it’s a major reason why he’s so good. Players who rely on their physical abilities tend to decline earlier than those who do not. The truth is we don’t know when Sanchez is going to lose his explosiveness, but when he does, he’s going to decline quite rapidly. To claim that he’s going to last 5-6 years, easily, at the level he is performing at right now is just nonsense imo.
Your entitled to your opinion as I am mine, he has low centre of gravity, highly athletic, highly skilful and a very determines character. He has all the skills to modify and adapt his game to suit his role. To condemn his future to being dependant on his so called "explosiveness" is poppycock imho.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Absolute fecking bullshit. If City didn’t spend a fortune in the summer and be very well stocked in that area, they’d be going all out now to get this transfer done. £30m or £80m.

So tell me, was Walker fair price? How about Danilo? They were fine but Sanchez is too pricy all of a sudden?

People have short memories. City were breaking the bank for players like Bellamy, Robinho, Elano and Santa Cruz not so long ago and now they start pulling out this sanctimonious bullshit. The state of the media is un-fecking-real.
I think the point is they could have him for free in 6 months.

charlie9882

That's the point of the argument. Alexis is a luxury signing for City - one that they can do without if they miss out on him, but, if they can get a world class player for a cut price they'd take advantage of.

Walker and Danilo were both players in positions that they did not have any players in having released/sold 4 fullbacks in the same window. They also had many years left on their contracts. It's a completely different situation to Alexis and it's why Real/Spurs took advantage with the fees that City paid and ultimately, City had no option but to pay them given the situation they were in.

There is no desperation for Sanchez (there may have been when Jesus got injured, but it turned out that it wasn't anything serious) and that's being reflected in the offer that's on the table.

Reactions: Penna

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
2-3 years of a player at his peak is underrated. I love watching players develop as much as the next man but developing a player also means you have to endure them blowing cold as often as their purple patches.

We’ve got lots of players in that age group at the moment. Having someone like Alexis who can carry the team and drag a result out of the games where the opposition is sitting back is invaluable at this stage.
Absolutely. I'm just saying he's probably not a £100m player at this point.

Saad138

Forget Sanchez. We should go all in for Pulisic. I can't think of a more better player than him for us on the right wing. He'll definitely be as good as sanchez in another year.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Don't think he's a £100m player at his age.
Does that really matter though?

He is clearly still a top, top player, and one of the few about actually good enough to build our team around. That's all that should matter really. We were allegedly going to spend 50m on Perisic last window, i would be happy for us to spend that right now to get Alexis this window. Personally, i would rather have him than Hazard or Griezmann. I think he works harder, offers more versatility, and has proven he can score goals consistently from a variety of different positions. I don't think we could reasonably expect to make a more suitable signing this window than Sanchez, -irrespective of cost- he would fulfill many of our current needs and would significantly improve our general goal threat and creativity.

We clearly lack a special player, and Sanchez clearly is one. Buying him would be a huge boost for the whole club and should provide us that extra quality and belief we need to compete for the biggest prizes over the next few years. That has surely got to be our aim and we cannot afford to miss out on players of this caliber when they become available if we want to achieve those aims.

cyberman

Is there an element of having the likes of Gomes and Chong in our youth setup that has allowed Ozil and Sanchez to be targeted like this?
Its not even a gamble since we could sign those two but in the way that Jose or Utd wouldn't expect 4/5 years from the Arsenal pair because of our determination to bring talented youth through?
Like TFM at rightback, you don't see us linked with many RB since we already have that experienced RB to bridge the gap until TFM steps in.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Sanchez has been the best player in the league along with Kane since he arrived and is one of the only premier league players that would get into any team in the world

It would be madness for either team not to pay what they want even for City so they could stop him going to a direct competitor

crossy1686

career ending
I think the point is they could have him for free in 6 months.
So could literally any other team in the world.

Being self-indulgent enough to believe a player is going to sit around and work his contract down so you don’t have to spend money on him is like taking a date to McDonalds and buying her a Happy Meal.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Forget Sanchez. We should go all in for Pulisic. I can't think of a more better player than him for us on the right wing. He'll definitely be as good as sanchez in another year.
Can't tell if you're joking but I'll simply say for the the moment that he's only a year younger and has never in his career even been close to the quality of Sanchez.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sanchez has been the best player in the league along with Kane since he arrived and is one of the only premier league players that would get into any team in the world

It would be madness for either team not to pay what they want even for City so they could stop him going to a direct competitor
You think city would play the fair price card if they could afford to match united's offer?

UpWithRivers

Why pay Arsenal anything? Just from a business perspective. He will be free in 6 months. All we or City need is a pre-contract agreement. Only thing he can help with earlier for is the Champ League.

BlueSingh

Supports
Manchester City
So could literally any other team in the world.

Being self-indulgent enough to believe a player is going to sit around and work his contract down so you don’t have to spend money on him is like taking a date to McDonalds and buying her a Happy Meal.
What if the girl only wants to date you and happy meals doesn't bother her?

Icemav

Utter nonsense.

@wr8_utd go to school on this guy.

Nadal won two slams in his 30s last time I checked and was world num 1. Ran himself to the ground indeed, I wish I ran myself in a ground like that.
Lol Nadal has spent
Comparing Nadal to Rooney? He won two grandslams in 2017 and finished runner up in one. Ffs.
Yes very true he has had a renaissamce last year but during Djokos dominant run he was in prerty terrible form due to injuries.

Macern

Pee pee pants

Hazard? De Bruyne?

b82REZ

Why pay Arsenal anything? Just from a business perspective. He will be free in 6 months. All we or City need is a pre-contract agreement. Only thing he can help with earlier for is the Champ League.
Afaik English clubs cannot sign pre contracts with players from other English teams. We'd have to wait until his contract expired.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
That picture could be a picture of any random family. Can anyone confirm that is actually his family? Also why are his family coming to London just because he is moving clubs? Maybe they are just there on Holiday? A muppet needs answers!

Bojan11

Lol Nadal has spent

Yes very true he has had a renaissamce last year but during Djokos dominant run he was in prerty terrible form due to injuries.
During Djokovics dominant spell, Federer won one grand slam. Whilst Nadal won about 4.

So you clearly don’t know what you talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.