Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

Might be. I've got no idea about their credibility. It'd just be a strange thing to make up for someone who has got 73k followers on twitter and obviously care about being taken seriously. It won't be good for his reputation if it turns out to be complete bs.
Goal on the whole aren't very reliable and at times in the past appeared anti-United. However, that's not to say all of their journos are poor and if anything Sam Lee is as reliable as they come with regards to City related news. No idea about the guy you're referring to though.

Macern

Pee pee pants
He'll probably cost 40m at best. I think Arsenal can afford that if they agreed to sell Sanchez for 30-35m. Bordeaux will only care about profit in this case.
That's true. Arsenal shouldn't be too keen on forcing a player who desperately wants to leave to stay either.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Whats this nonsense talk of sanchez covering for left back ? Sterling and sane does equal amount of defensive work in pep's system in all the games. Its just that Pep takes an attacking approach in big games while Jose goes for a defensive game.

This unnecessary city love is really getting tiresome

Macern

Pee pee pants
Straight swap Martial for Sanchez. Offer him a large wage packet. Give him the number 7 shirt.
No way. Even if Sanchez had several years left on his contract, his market value wouldn't be very much higher than Martial's, if any at all.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Malcom's mum said on facebook that he is moving to a club in the UK. So looks like Malcom being a replacement for Sanchez was something that was legit.

JohnnyKills

Wonder what his thoughts are then on the Catalan independence controversy?
He says he's both Spanish and Catalan. This tweet from 2011, in Catalan, asks if it's not possible to be both. Which suggests he rejects independence.

I've actually dealt with him a couple of times and he certainly isn't your typical Catalan separatist.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Some opinions on this forum genuinely scare sometimes. A swap with Martial? Imagine that guy being in charge of transfers.

Walters_19_MuFc

Malcom's mum said on facebook that he is moving to a club in the UK. So looks like Malcom being a replacement for Sanchez was something that was legit.
Don't get that. Left footed player, who plays on the right, where Ozil currently plays for them. They need the opposite. Right footed player on the left if they're going to replace Sanchez.

That said, I do think they'll get Lemar, who, despite being left footed, plays on the left for Monaco and France.

Lemar Lacazette Ozil
Welbeck Giroud Malcom

EDIT:

Or they could be getting both. If Walcott goes, Malcom could come in to replace him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
“Terra de rainha”

Pexbo translate says that means:

“Land of rainlol”

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Does it matter for what? I haven't said anything about whether he's a worthwhile signing, I was only responding to someone claiming he's still a 100m player.
Yes i was aware of that. I was just wondering why you felt that was important enough to mention over other considerations? Probably due to age, and personally, i see that as less important than what he still has to offer. So i was simply asking you whether you felt the same?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He could say he doesn't want to come to us. As I said he could just sit on his arse until the summer, if he is really desperate to go to City.
A leg break or serious knee injury could cost him 10s of millions at this stage.

Imagine he’s out for 12 months and then has rehabilitation to do. Nobody would offer him £300k+ on a long deal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Possible we could lose both Malcolm and Sanchez.
Please don't let that happen Ed?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Somebody surely has too much time on their hands if they are impersonating Malcom's mum?
:lol: Fair point. But you never know. Though I agree that it looks very likely now that Malcom is going to a british club which has to be Arsenal. Which means that Sanchez is definitely moving, and by the looks of it it has to be to us. As it looks right now, I’d be very surprised if we aren’t getting Sanchez within a week or two.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
:lol: same. Used to watch Ronaldinho for PSG on Eurosport. I remember thinking after one game that we have to get him and I looked on Teletext an hour later and there it was, a story saying we want him. Think me and my brother literally danced around the living room. Him moving to Barca still hurts now, it would have meant the world to see him at Old Trafford playing for us.

The pain is still there now :(
Glad I wasn't the only one destroyed by that failed transfer saga.
The pain is still here for sure. It’s like being stabbed by a morgul blade - the wound will never fully heal.

I know we signed Ronaldo but by all the chatter we were going to sign him anyway.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
There are no limits to muppetism - I'm going to date Malcolm's mum just to get the scoop*

*Not a euphemism.

deafepl

I think if we get Sanchez, we will replace him with Pulisic at no cost in next few years when Pulisic can leave Dortmund for free in 2020 without signing extension contract, that would be a smart move :drool: this is just my theory.

Walters_19_MuFc

Why not? Wouldn’t he just run down his contract and go to City if he didn’t want to go to us?
He could say he doesn't want to come to us. As I said he could just sit on his arse until the summer, if he is really desperate to go to City.
He could, but now knowing City don't seem overly bothered about signing him now may suggests that he's not going to be as important he'd want to be.

Similar to Di Maria. Got the feeling he didn't want to be here, but because we were willing to pay his price and big wages, he came.

Status
Not open for further replies.