Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well the ball is in their court seeing as Sanchez wants to play for City so they hold all the cards in the deal and the person that is able to walk away from a deal has all the power (City)

If Sanchez wanted to play for United I think the deal would have been done already but he is holding out for City
Nah I think the main hold up is waiting for Arsenal to buy someone first. I'm not saying we're his first choice, but I'm sure he's open to us if we give a better offer (in terms of role in the team, money and everything else). Both sides have to wait for Arsenal to get it done for Malcom or Lemar though, according to most sources. And then from there, whoever makes the better offer I think.

Alabaster Codify7

I refuse to see Sanchez in anything but sky blue by the end of the month. I do think we are interested and it is a battle but Sanchez definitely wants City and I can see them reaching a compromise before he joins us.

Classical Mechanic

Well the ball is in their court seeing as Sanchez wants to play for City so they hold all the cards in the deal and the person that is able to walk away from a deal has all the power (City)

If Sanchez wanted to play for United I think the deal would have been done already but he is holding out for City
This is the fuzziest of logic. Wenger said in his press conference that he can't leave until they have a replacement?! If Sanchez signs for us, it is him walking away from City's offer, nothing else. How are City walking away when they are leaving an offer on the table?

Member 90678

This could be a mourinhio double bluff!!
Perhaps talking about buying a world class player when he becomes available is just a smoke screen to force another clubs hand in doing a deal.:houllier:
I hope we get Sanchez but I will not be surprised if it's someone else:keano:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I need updates on this. Feels like when I used to come off gear. Searching for anyone who could supply some.

A transfer fiend.

Paxi

Malcom's mum is one of the more popular mothers on here, that's for sure. Remember the venom for Ronaldo's poor mother?
She was a bad’un. Drove our boy away.

izec

Buy Sanchez quickly and then gazump the Malcom deal during the medical, maybe Arsenal will be naive enough to think it will be done at that point

Paxi

So how long can Sanchez keep up his level? 3-4-5 years?

I’d say 4 years considering he just turned 29. Think he’ll still be amazing at 33.

peridigm

If Sanchez is not in the squad tomorrow or at least starting then I think this is happening very soon. If he plays, we're still some way off of a transfer. Unless he is "injured".

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
He could, but now knowing City don't seem overly bothered about signing him now may suggests that he's not going to be as important he'd want to be.

Similar to Di Maria. Got the feeling he didn't want to be here, but because we were willing to pay his price and big wages, he came.
I disagree. He has been in the PL for a number of years and it’s widely reported he wants to stay in the league.

I think he will be very happy to sign for us.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Looks like a good family man.

If we want to win the league we need a couple world class match winners in the team.

Getting him at a discounted rate would set us with a very realistic chance of achieving this.

0161_UNITED

There should certainly be some allure for a transfer to United for Sánchez. Sure, the money might be better, but if he goes to City and if they win the title this year, it’ll always be viewed with an asterisk - the league was practically already won before he arrived. Vice versa, if they somehow meltdown and piss their lead away - it would be viewed as the biggest meltdown in Premier League history.

Also, City under Pep are just plain strange sometimes. Seems like they’ve been trying to marginalize Aguero for 2 seasons, but he keeps popping up and winning matches for them. I wouldn’t be too confident of nailing down a spot there, if I was Sánchez.

United, as footballing project, should certainly be more alluring than most on here make out. The negativity around here almost turns some into having an inferiority complex to about the little slice of land the Abu Dhabi royal family bought in Greater Manchester put a football club in, that has a Massive support, in Stockport.

Last edited:

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Call me crazy but this saga will end up with Sanchez going to City and we'll again not buy anyone this Jan. It's plain and stupid and the excuse will be given that we were in Sanchez and we didn't get him. What a waste of time. Sanchez was pretty clear that he wanted to go to City last summer, I don't see what would have changed even if United came in to bid for him. Malcom will probably go to Arsenal and City will end up getting Sanchez and we are the freaking losers since we need a quality winger more than City or Arsenal. If United are genuinely interested, Arsenal should be given an ultimatum, you take Mhiki or leave it.... I hate how Jose and Ed are just winding up our fans and we just get carried away with something that may not end up happening.
Deep breaths there bucko,deep breaths

Status
Not open for further replies.