Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
If Sanchez only wanted a transfer to City then this saga would be over long time ago. Pure logic.

As a free agent he can easily sign a pre contract with or without Arsenal’s permission. This pre contract can easily stipulates economical terms if he goes now or in the summer. If he only prefer City then it doesn’t matter when the transfer takes place or if other clubs are interested.

Secondly why would United/Mourinho comment about a player who don’t prefer our club? By mention his name, comment about his ability and making a long rant about respect and other bulls he more or less confirm our interest. And if we’re interested then we have been given encouragements from his agent.

And from experience in every negotiation of this magnitude there are pre talks between the agent and the club. Even if the agent tries to play games United would never enter a bidding war without some sorts of pre contract/letter of intention. Common practice. Why would the club want to be humiliated if they didn’t know they had a chance?

Some of the involved parties was leaking information directly or indirectly to Gianluca Di Marzio. Coincidence?

From my experience this looks like City for various reasons is starting to hesitate about getting Sanchez. Otherwise they would have been more pro active against both Arsenal and the Sanchez camp. Atm all informations is pointing away from them, that’s not a good sign if Sanchez really was a priority.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
This is the first year in several years that the PL has good representation in the CL, and now people are saying the quality is higher than ever. Even then 3 of the PL teams got straight forward groups.

We have just gone through a period where Madrid and Barca dominated european football.

The PL average team quality is piss poor compared to the 2000s, when the PL was getting 2-3 teams in the final 8 of the CL on a regular basis.
We will never be able to see the mid table teams of the 2000s play the mid table teams on 2018.

However, by most measures they look far stronger today.

One clear indicator is the amount of players that these clubs have that are internationals for their country. It’s far, far higher.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If Sanchez only wanted a transfer to City then this saga would be over long time ago. Pure logic.

As a free agent he can easily sign a pre contract with or without Arsenal’s permission. This pre contract can easily stipulates economical terms if he goes now or in the summer. If he only prefer City then it doesn’t matter when the transfer takes place or if other clubs are interested.

Secondly why would United/Mourinho comment about a player who don’t prefer our club? By mention his name, comment about his ability and making a long rant about respect and other bulls he more or less confirm our interest. And if we’re interested then we have been given encouragements from his agent.

And from experience in every negotiation of this magnitude there are pre talks between the agent and the club. Even if the agent tries to play games United would never enter a bidding war without some sorts of pre contract/letter of intention. Common practice. Why would the club want to be humiliated if they didn’t know they had a chance?

Some of the involved parties was leaking information directly or indirectly to Gianluca Di Marzio. Coincidence?

From my experience this looks like City for various reasons is starting to hesitate about getting Sanchez. Otherwise they would have been more pro active against both Arsenal and the Sanchez camp. Atm all informations is pointing away from them, that’s not a good sign if Sanchez really was a priority.
I forgot about the pre-contract thing.

FujiVice

Hope we sign Sanchez, Ozil, Jack Wilshere, the cleaning lady, Mr DT's Mam, literally anyone that he has any emotional attachment to. He's such a thick cnut. Even by Arsenal Fan TV standards, his self awareness is fecked.

Mr. Daft Twat is summed up by the fact that he hates Mourinho, slagged him off for years, wished death on him and the first thing he does at a charity match is get a big grinning selfie with him. Total clown.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Hope so, but if he does, we all know people be saying it's because City didn't go in for him.
I think Mourinho is very sneaky in the transfer market to great effect.

He operates in the gray area. Look at his comments to Bale in the tunnel in preseason. Or yesterday’s response at the presser.

I think he has had contact with Team Sanchez and they are warm to the idea.

I think Mou is a very persuasive manager and could well of sold Sanchez on his plans to build a trophy winning team.

He tells Alexis: “I am three players off a real quality side. You are one of them. I will get two more with my big pot of gold in the summer. Here is £300k a week and a massive sign-on bonus.”

Sounds good doesn’t it?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

precontract doesn't work in the same league.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
He can't sign a pre-contract with an English club until June.

charlie9882

Wrong - it's been repeated time and time again, nothing is happening until Arsenal sign a replacement.

If/when/who Sanchez goes to in this window, it doesn't matter unless Arsenal secure someone. Malcolm's looking likely, so we'll see then.

Last edited:

7even

You can't sign pre-contract with a team in the same league.
Correct.

That's probably why I forgot about it.:wenger:
Sanchez and City can easily sign their own contract including penalty clauses if one or the other don’t fulfill contract criteria. Off course they don’t go public with this for obvious reasons but nothing stops them.

City can offer Sanchez a hefty bonus if they get first option and that’s one way to ensure exclusivity.

Ss3bba

Hope we sign Sanchez, Ozil, Jack Wilshere, the cleaning lady, Mr DT's Mam, literally anyone that he has any emotional attachment to. He's such a thick cnut. Even by Arsenal Fan TV standards, his self awareness is fecked.

Mr. Daft Twat is summed up by the fact that he hates Mourinho, slagged him off for years, wished death on him and the first thing he does at a charity match is get a big grinning selfie with him. Total clown.
Oh why all the anger, he’s just a muppet like many here. You should keep it easy man, we’ve seen big transfers go up in flames here and no body died. Remember Ronaldinho, Benzema even Arjen Robben!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think there’s still enough of a rivalry between us and Arsenal going back not only to the days we fought for the title but since the RVP stuff etc, that Arsenal fans will be desperate for Sanchez to sign for City and not United.

Number1

I think there’s still enough of a rivalry between us and Arsenal going back not only to the days we fought for the title but since the RVP stuff etc, that Arsenal fans will be desperate for Sanchez to sign for City and not United.
There's bad blood between City and Arsenal too with transfers over the years.

But United have always had a good professional relationship with Arsenal, we sold them Welbeck 2 years ago, so i don't see that as a problem.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Correct.

Sanchez and City can easily sign their own contract including penalty clauses if one or the other don’t fulfill contract criteria. Off course they don’t go public with this for obvious reasons but nothing stops them.

City can offer Sanchez a hefty bonus if they get first option and that’s one way to ensure exclusivity.
Yeah it's not like in FM where the option would be greyed out, is it?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This thing seemed like it was going to be resolved either way quickly but Im guessing its going to drag on.
Think it’s too early to say that. Nothing was ever going to happen today or even this weekend with games on etc. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t movement on it whatever way this coming week.

Chillosophy

But United have always had a good professional relationship with Arsenal, we sold them Welbeck 2 years ago, so i don't see that as a problem.
Thats why they won't sell us Sanchez :wenger:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I refuse to see Sanchez in anything but sky blue by the end of the month. I do think we are interested and it is a battle but Sanchez definitely wants City and I can see them reaching a compromise before he joins us.
You have no idea what Sanchez ‘definitely wants’.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This thing seemed like it was going to be resolved either way quickly but Im guessing its going to drag on.
Our supposed interest only in intensfied on Thurs and Friday. You can't count Saturday Sunday and Monday due to premier league games so I think we will find updates from Tuesday onwards.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Nah, I think they'd still prefer to sell him to City than us. Although City pinched Nasri, Clichy and Sagna from them, we got RVP. He was their talisman, and basically won us our 20th title. None of the City signings from them can be considered successes on the same level. It was also a transfer which symbolically cemented the end of them and us being the bitter rivals we once were. We're still rivals, but nowhere near the same level it was. Also, selling Sanchez to City doesn't really hurt Arsenal in the short-run. City are guaranteed to win the league this season, and it would be a huge surprise if they drop out of the top 4 with Pep in charge. Our final league position is less clear, and with Arsenal the team in the top 6 most likely to miss out on CL football, they would be daft to let their best players join another top 4 rival.

Will Absolute

I don't think Mourinho would have said what he did unless he was confident the deal was going to happen. It's a loss of face for both him and United if Sanchez opts for City after the United manager declares an interest. Nothing is done of course, but I'd be surprised if Mourinho doesn't believe it will be.

7even

Think it’s too early to say that. Nothing was ever going to happen today or even this weekend with games on etc. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t movement on it whatever way this coming week.
When did it ever seem like that? I think it'll be done this time next week, which would be quick in saga terms.
There are logical reasons for almost everything in life, this transfer included.

A English club can’t make a public bid for Sanchez without Arsenal’s permission. According to reports they want a replacement first, therefore the Malcom guy is floating around. If and when Arsenal has sealed the deal with the replacement player then the bidding club (for Sanchez) can go public, if necessary, with there interest.

I assume that when we will hear a announcement from Arsenal regarding a replacement then all other business will be concluded just a few hours/days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.