Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Some on twitter panicking over the BBC saying Arsenal won't sell Sanchez for cash but only want Mkhi --- none of them realize that's straight from the pen of Raiola? Who else would make Mkhi seem as though he's desperately wanted?:lol:

The official website referenced Sanchez. Would they do that if this wasn't all but certain.
Yeah, pretty much this. Initial reports all alluded to it was going to be done one way or another, whether Miki is in it or just cash deal, but obviously Arsenal wanted Miki as part of it. Raiola now fed everything to everyone to make his player feel more valuable (as any decent agent would do), but obviously no need for anyone to panic.

el3mel

They wanted him last transfer window. I do not see why their interest would diminish. That front three won’t be good enough to cover for the loss of Sanchez and Ozil.
They don't look like interested in him much now, with most focus on Auba and Malcom. Anyway this isn't the point of the thread. Let's get Sanchez and they can do what the want.

RyRoc

All those getting worried by Mkhi potentially not wanting to to Arsenal need to chill. Raoila said that this was proposed six weeks' ago. If Mhki had no intentions of going to Arsenal that would have been made clearly then. The fact that the agent has even come out talking about it suggests a deal is very close but how close is anyone's guess

Velvet Revolver

Imagine thinking this isnt a done dealio :lol::lol:What a bunch of actually practical cnuts because tbh its a complicated deal and anything can go wrong!
Me thinks its a done delio though, Raiola wouldnt be naming names if it wasnt or at least close to completion.
Btw does anyone remember any other high profile player swaps? Only the papers go on and on about swaps when they actually never happen. They'll go fecking bonkers now.
Ibra and Etoo? was it when jose was at inter?

Loon

:lol:
Negotiations are fluid, and Raiola will use ANY arguments for economic benefit to his client and himself. He might not say Arsenal is a lower status club, but he will mention the lower status of not playing in CL this year and possibly next year as well.
That’s a fair point.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Indeed. He must know that he's at a point of no return.
Even if he is, if he knows of other clubs interested, and he might, and he doesn't want Arsenal, and he might not, he's more than entitled to turn it down.

deafepl

That's literally me when checking thread every 5 minutes and waiting for this be like :lol::lol:

minas

It’s obvious in what Mourinio said: “Hope tomorrow was the last transfer day!”
So if it happen, will be at the end of January

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Only has himself to blame. If he spent as much time trying to improve his footballing skills as he does tweeting "#MickiMagic" maybe he'd have been a star here.
Not sure why he hasn't succeeded here. Could be his mentality, or maybe not. As for the social media aspect you brought up, i can't see what that has to do with anything. It has no effect on what he does on the pitch.

I wouldn't say that i'm a huge fan of his, or have any allegiance towards him beyond the fact that he's a United player, but i find the vilification of him on here pathetic. I'm not going to lie, i would love Sanchez here and if that means Miki going the other way in order to make the happen then hopefully he does.

But the tantrums that some are throwing on here is hilarious.

Suv666

I would agree with this - I think it's basically "done" but there are quite a few details to iron out. I can imagine that United will partly subsidize Mhkitaryan's wage.
Least we can do mate. A straight swap seems like a brilliant deal for us, an unwanted player not even on the bench at times for one of the best players in the league.
Arsenal are a joke. How the feck is Wenger still at the helm is beyond me.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He clearly is overpaid at United and wants to get a long term deal at 150k plus. How many arsenal players earn above 100k? Not many I guess.

Don't know whether he's overpaid or not, or how many arsenal players are on over 100k. I'm just looking at it from his perspective.

Interval

Level
We will still obviously be paying Sanchez his bonus and his agent fee. So in effect it's mkhi plus 15mn odd.

That's a pretty good deal

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well, yeah, but it doesn't really have to be like that, does it? It really depends on each player, their own attributes and how they adapt to their new limitations. Some players even reach their best form in their eirly thirties, and it's not that rare. I think Sanchez has at least three or four years at the top, and he has become a much more mature player than he was, for example, at Barcelona. RVP's drop of form was actually quite surprising to me, I thought he still had a few good years in him..
I don't. I see him in the RvP mold where he has one great season, one good season, and from there a massive slide downwards. 24-29 is the sweet spot in terms of where we should be looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.