g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Jose has arrived, lets see if mkhi does too, i think he will. This aint happening this week.

kentafuji

I dont understand, unless they are City fans why some of these journos seem so salty over all this.

I understand sensationalism, because that generates clicks or sells papers. So i get the inflated fees and what not

but some of these journos its like Sanchez has taken a dump on their dogs.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I remember the Pogba saga and people not believing it would happen right up until we made the announcement on the charity shield morning.

There's 100% consensus this is happening this time, right? @ehsanul
The longer this is dragging on, the more I am getting a feeling that this deal is far from a conclusion and that there will still be a sting in the tail.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
All this talk about joining City for the trophies and joining Man Utd for the money. Honestly we have had a few bad years since Fergie left, and City have been having their most successful period. Still, we have managed to win as many trophies as them. :lol:
It's as if City haven't been bankrolled by sugar daddies to go from relegation candidates to title challengers :lol:

It's farce.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I doubt we would involved him straight away without any tactical training or getting used to the squad, Burnley isn't exactly an easy game right now either.

Get him signed and train this week ready for the next weekend IMO.

red4ever 79

This! - He does medical in London, Paperwork can be signed in London and then bussed over to the FA - Simples.

If Mkhi did his medical at the AJ bell stadium the other night then all that is needed is his signature.

It can still happen by 12 noon.
Better to take the documents by bus rather than rely on that damn fax machine again

Eddy_JukeZ

The reporters seething over this transfer :lol::lol::lol:

This is glorious seeing their meltdown. I can't remember the last time the media were a witch-hunt like this for a transfer.

Trizy

We should have some more news by 1:30pm GMT at least

That's that then. Won't be done til Sunday earliest given that we're away to Burnley tomorrow.

Well, that was an anti climax of a week...

WPMUFC

2:30 hours till the burnley deadline and no credible reports the deal is done. Looks like the burnley game was just a bit too close for this one.

Still expecting announcement that he's signed today. I just think the deadline for the game was too close.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I dont understand, unless they are City fans why some of these journos seem so salty over all this.

I understand sensationalism, because that generates clicks or sells papers. So i get the inflated fees and what not

but some of these journos its like Sanchez has taken a dump on their dogs.
City have a lot of influence in the media - Hence the slave owning dictators who finance the club get very little scrutiny. The amount of positive articles I've seen about the positive influence they've had in the area, from respected journalists too, is quite sickening.

Then you have Pep - The darling of football. Somewhat understandable given the style of football he plays. The media were quick to go after him last season because it sold well, not his success and Mourinho's "failure" is the narrative they're building this year because again it sells. People like to read about Manchester United imploding, however imaginary is may be.

The Sanchez signing has been one of the best examples of these quite bizarre narratives being sold to the masses. They're literally calling us a money club and Sanchez a mercenary without any sense of irony.

Litch

Absolutely, I genuinely have never seen anything like it before. Where one transfer has caused so much moral outrage by journalists because a player is choosing one club over the other. It's pathetic to see just how much of the media is on the Pep bandwagon.
100%. I love the take that city's taken the moral high ground like they have never waved a load of cash 11:59 to buy a player.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
United fans getting offended by United fans getting offended by the media exaggerating the wages/money involved is getting more tiresome than the actual nonsense itself.

Who cares?
United fans getting offended by United fans getting offended by Untied fans getting offended by the media exaggerating the wages/money involved is getting more tiresome than the actual nonsense itself.

Who cares?

WPMUFC

wouldn't you think BBC would have a story out by now if it was done? I feel like the player exchange makes it easier to prolong discussions. Burnley deadline was the dream. Now i'm just hoping it's announced at some point today.

buchansleftleg

I love SportsWitness, I'd imagine the person behind it is a replica of Karl Pilkington as Bullshit man :lol:.

I'd love if it came out that Sanchez just preferred us once we entered the race. The ABU media is getting out of hand.
Maybe Sports witness have not been given a rolex watch or some other freebie - the volume and spread of City's fake news is not just because of the vacuum - there is plenty of there news to be covering.

It is a planned and concerted campaign and i wonder if they are offering "special access" to journalists if they toe this line or are straight up offering other incentives like a shiny watch. Would not be the first time a middle eastern business offered such inducements.

I'd love it if Sports witness came out and said they had been offered stuff and refused it.

Nick7

Not happening before the deadline guys, Norwood hasn't even tweeted yet :boring:
I always think it's weird how highly he's thought of. Good lad, but if he's not hanging around Carrington to take paparazzi photo's of those driving in, he's doesn't have any info.

Andersons Dietician

Sport Witness has been one of the few sane media outlets following this story. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but the mainstream media has been bizarre in its coverage of this transfer.

I now see why Jose uses terms like 'garbage news.'
Not sure it would be tapping up as seemingly the deal in the summer was going ahead until Arsenal couldn’t land Lemar. So in that time period I’d imagine Arsenal would have allowed City/Pep to be in discussions with Sanchez and his agent.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fat bastard Mkhi better prepare himself for a hostile atmosphere when he returns to OT if we don't get to see Alexis vs Burnley :mad:

Kapardin

Still 2 and a half hours to go before 12 GMT. There is plenty of time for the deal to be concluded. I expect the announcement in 1 hr or so.

vanderpants

There are obviously issues with the deal as its gone 24hrs since wenger said this. He also said he could pick him to play for arsenal again so will be interesting if he actually picks him tomorrow as this deal wont be completed today. I can see this rolling on into next week

Status
Not open for further replies.