Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscie

You forget these things over time. I used to know how to spell Schmeichel without having to think as I typed, can't any more.

Cliche Guevara

What's the difference between a straight swap and 'We'll pay you £35m, you pay us £35m"?
In practical terms it takes Raiola down a peg or two. You think the Sanchez deal doesn’t go through without Micky? Well check this out.

Now, do you want the agent fee we’re offering or do you want nothing?

Oscie

Shame it's not a home game, else if we got it done this morning he could have been introduced to the crowd and sit in the stands being given the honour of blowing Sir Alex at half time.

C'est Moi Cantona

And there needs to be a lot more calling out of some the media on this, the agenda has been so transparent it's embarrassing for them.

Hopefully when this is done, United, and Sanchez, will right some of the wrongs.

AndyJ1985

Now we see why swap deals never happen, and why people are laughed at when they propose such dealson this forum.

kaiz

You have to give it to the English media. They make United look like mug even though we pulled off a brilliant deal here. Is D. Fletcher a United fan? He seems genuinely upset.

Canagel

So is it two separate deals now? And where has this 'medical stuff' come from? Surely if he's not at the Arsenal hotel more media outletsb would've picked up on it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So is it two separate deals now? And where has this 'medical stuff' come from? Surely if he's not at the Arsenal hotel more media outletsb would've picked up on it.
It has all come from John Cross.

Mark Armstrong

I made the foolish decision to defend our interests on Daily Mail online comments section. Largely about what we are all peeved about i.e United transfer fees quoting every single payment and contract etc £180m deal bla bla bla. Was shot down by ABU, disastrous. It's nice that everybody hates us again. One even praised City's sensible transfer policy, until I pointed out they'd spent £130m on wingbacks a couple of months back, £500m if you count their contracts and everything.

Ultimately, the money thing doesn't bother me, it's the fact that people can't comprehend how someone could choose to play for United over City, as if United are some new-money oil backed wannabes who came from nowhere. Short memories, warped perceptions. Anyway, can this transfer happen already....

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I'm not sure if this has been posted but Francis Coquelin has spoken about Alexis, dismissing the claims of him being disruptive: http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/bad-b...hezs-relationship-arsenal-team-mates-7244301/

‘Well, you know Alexis Sanchez has quality on the pitch.

He is someone who, at any time, he can produce something magical so he is a top player.

I hear a lot of things that the dressing room wasn’t getting on well with him but I don’t really know where that comes from.’

Sometimes that’s what people say when you’ve got a great player, we talk about ego but he is someone who is always keen to work and I didn’t have any problem with him.

I don’t think the squad have a problem. I think the only problem is the uncertainty around him.'

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
What others have mentioned and also clauses like "% of profit" etc. need to be payed out in case United or Arsenal have those while buying Sanchez and Mkhitaryan.

I guess some of the player payments are also a percentage of the sale value and a straight-swap deal doesn't determine the actual currency value of the asset as it is just an exchange. Probably why it is legally and financial reporting wise easier to split it.
I would imagine that could be done in a swap deal anyway. More likely the deals are being seperated due to our (Man Utd) impatience to get the Sanchez deal over the line and let Mkhitaryan and his greedy agent conclude their deal in their own time.

dove

This deal would have been sorted days ago had that knob Raiola not been involved.
Or maybe would not be sorted at all. They could have just said “feck you we are not going to Arsenal”.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
:lol:

A way to memorize Mkhitaryan is to break it down as MK for MK dons - Hita for hit a - then Ryan as in Ryan Giggs. MK (dons) hit a Ryan (Giggs).
No use telling me now. :lol:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Doesn’t the money (£35m a year in salary & sign-on fees) and players age (30 next season) completely take the shine off this deal? I’m not all sure Mourinho is respecting the financial stability of the club!
Not at all...

What would take the shine off is Sanchez not performing. As long as he comes here and lives up to expectations it will be a great call.

Toad

No wonder people are complaining about the pay packet when deals like that are being pulled out :lol:

You probably got 30m for Mkyi ontop aswell to make it worse for the caf!
I actually used Mkhi in a player plus cash deal for Ousmane Dembele. Mkhi + 30M = Dembele. If I can do it, Woodward can! :smirk:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The amusing part is when you put Arsenal in the equation, no one is going to seriously argue that Sanchez was an Arsenal player because of glory and love, he is most likely a fan of Club Universidad de Chile or one of their rivals. It's strange how people don't understand that they are talking about professional football.

midnightmare

Not at all...

What would take the shine off is Sanchez not performing. As long as he comes here and lives up to expectations it will be a great call.
Amazing how people dissing this forget that Mkhi’s just a fecking month younger! Oh and when it comes to age, a certain Argie in Catalonia is a year and a half older than Alexis...

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Amazing how people dissing this forget that Mkhi’s just a fecking month younger! Oh and when it comes to age, a certain Argie in Catalonia is a year and a half older than Alexis...
Indeed. Added to that nobody actually knows what the wages are yet. If Alexis has a Van Persie like influence for the next few years it's worth every penny. Miki couldn't have been earning peanuts either...so we are moving one earner out and another in. As for agents fee and all that bollocks...it's pissing in the wind. We very seldom get to know any true figures. Even if Tools got 2m he'd be claiming it to be 5m to show off how big his ballsack is. Agents and Journos...born liars for the most part.

What we need to do now is strengthen the remaining areas to a similar standard to back it up and move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.