Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Good stuff. Quite like Jenas as a pundit.

Most pundits seem to be talking as if we're the fecking oil club with bugger all history.
It's daft. To think they get paid for it too :lol:

One thing to remember. United have always been hated by the majority. There will always be a dig when they can. Bring it on. I'd hate to be the media's fecking darling.

Hated. Adored. Never ignored.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Doesn’t the money (£35m a year in salary & sign-on fees) and players age (30 next season) completely take the shine off this deal? I’m not all sure Mourinho is respecting the financial stability of the club!
Yeah but he was 28 last season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I sound like a proper transfer Muppet now , but there is a Gulf 6 heading for Manchester from Luton.
I have no idea who is on it, but it might and I mean just might , have Sanchez on board. :devil:
The airport's only round the corner, should I go wait outside private jet arrivals?

Oscie

Effectively we're signing a player that the current team tearing it up at the top wanted, for just wages. Far from having any shine taken off it it, I think this looks like being one of the best (on paper) deals we've ever made

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
I hope this Sanchez saga is a lesson for many of us. Now you know who really hates us, whether is a pundit or a journo, so next time they trash our manager or our players or our club, I hope everyone completely ignores them, as they definitely have an agenda against our beloved club.

And I m not saying we got the perfect manager or the perfect players, nobody is perfect, not even that feckin bald messiah, but we need to learn to stick by our own.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I hope this Sanchez saga is a lesson for many of us. Now you know who really hates us, whether is a pundit or a journo, so next time the trash our manager or our players or our club, I hope everyone completely ignores, them as they definitely have an agenda against our beloved club.

And I m not saying we got the perfect manager or the perfect players, nobody is perfect, not even that feckin bald messiah, but we need to learn to stick by our own.
Good point - this whole saga has really shown who has a clear bias against United.
Some of the ‘journalists’ are in literal uproar that he’s not going to City.

Nogbadthebad

I hope this Sanchez saga is a lesson for many of us. Now you know who really hates us, whether is a pundit or a journo, so next time they trash our manager or our players or our club, I hope everyone completely ignores them, as they definitely have an agenda against our beloved club.

Fergie broke most of them.

I remember the SAF's last year, most of the pundits predicted we would struggle to keep top 4, we won the league with ease.

I would rather they all hate us like this than go back to the 70's and 80's, when we would go on a run in the FA Cup and football focus would talk endlessly about 'a sleeping giant'. That is the stuff that bothered me.

Hacks making up crap about us to get clicks to justify themselves? That is just funny, I mean, how sad are they when you look at what they have to do to justify themselves.

AndyJ1985

It's funny that the two people who have actually defended us and spoken sense are rival managers; Klopp and Wenger.

There have been some "journalists" who have really shown themselves up during the last week. Ballague especially has gone from being someone I think is a bit of a prat, to someone I will actively ignore from now on.

Darkhorsez

Good post. Seems to have got a lot worse this past few years. It’s as if they had pent up feeling during the SAF era that they are letting go.

DRM

And there needs to be a lot more calling out of some the media on this, the agenda has been so transparent it's embarrassing for them.

Hopefully when this is done, United, and Sanchez, will right some of the wrongs.
Just wait till he has a bad game for us, the pitch forks will be out in force again in the media.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Listened to this show last night. They were actually talking a lot of sense. Only thing that irked me was the constant repetition of the 'omg 500k a week' thing. How can you have a show where people debate whether choosing united over city was purely for financial reasons, when we don't know what either club offered?

londonredmaniac

Listened to this show last night. They were actually talking a lot of sense. Only thing that irked me was the constant repetition of the 'omg 500k a week' thing. How can you have a show where people debate whether choosing united over city was purely for financial reasons, when we don't know what either club offered?
And why are we assuming this ridiculous 500k a week stuff is fact anyway?

Hans Moleman

I don't think we are, only the idiots and the ABUs are. 500k a week would make zero sense for so, so many reasons.

The more likely figure is circa 350k per week with added bonuses, similar to what Pogba is on.

sosolid4u09

I wouldn't say that...unfortunately the scumbags seem to shout louder and are instantly more noticeable
I go to old trafford regularly and to be honest the shit i hear at games from football fans is scummy as hell. The amount of times I see grown men telling the referee to fek off and die and calling him a wanker, while their 5 year old son is next to them, is staggering.

You won't see that kind of language and agression in any other sporting Audience. Dont know what it is about football but it brings out the mob mentality in us more than any other sport

Andeva

Supports
FK Haugesund
My friend supports Dortumund, he was sure Mkhi would end up back there, he'll be upset.
Plot twist: He'll be very confused to how he'll react as Mkhitaryan is a part of the Aubaumeyang deal aswell. That's why it's dragging out for so long.

londonredmaniac

I go to old trafford regularly and to be honest the shit i hear at games from football fans is scummy as hell. The amount of times I see grown men telling the referee to fek off and die and calling him a wanker, while their 5 year old son is next to them, is staggering.

You won't see that kind of language and agression in any other sporting Audience. Dont know what it is about football but it brings out the mob mentality in us more than any other sport
As do I. As well as a number of other grounds. Depends what you find offensive I suppose. Wishing death on people I'd agree with being a cnuts behaviour.

Bad language I couldn't give much of a feck about. As you might be able to tell. Aggression? Yeah. Quite enjoy the tribalism of football to be fair.

With that comes what you describe though...a certain number of cretins. Having followed both Rugby Union and Cricket most of my life...and having attended a fair bit of both that's not what I want football crowds to become.

Rugby League I love going to. Some of the best of both worlds IMO.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The reason his salary seems inflated is due to the fact his signing on fee (considering he's worth a lot more than United are paying) is tagged onto to salary for the duration of his contract. United care about their money I should know, I am owed for my season tickets.

Castia

I keep logging on to hopefully see about 15 tweets all confirming it’s done but there’s just nothing, it’s a slow burnt out ‘saga’ that’s fecking frustrating!

It feels like it’s getting nowhere. The Sanchez-medical news was exciting for 10 minutes but I doubt that’s true given the complete lack of a story outside of The Mirror.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I wonder how some people have suffered through the pogba saga if they're already frustrated with this 10-day Sanchez one.

Sultan

I keep logging on to hopefully see about 15 tweets all confirming it’s done but there’s just nothing, it’s a slow burnt out ‘saga’ that’s fecking frustrating!

It feels like it’s getting nowhere. The Sanchez-medical news was exciting for 10 minutes but I doubt that’s true given the complete lack of a story outside of The Mirror.
It's a done deal. The announcement won't raise anyone's heartbeat.

Sultan

I think the clubs focus will be on today's game more so than to be announcing Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.