Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Can we pin an FAQ to the top of every page?

Yes, he can play in the CL
Yes, he can play in the FA Cup
They speak Spanish in Chile
No, he hasn't signed yet (the thread will lock when he does)
Yes, this tweet has been posted (if the timestamp is over 5 mins old)
No, he's not really being paid £600k per week
Yes, he is actually in his 20’s.
Yes, Chile is in South America.
Yes, no one likes Ballague.

GiddyUp

Was an excellent read, amazing how much you can show up the Media's narrative with some extensive research.
When City and Pep inevitably bid £100 mil in the summer of 2019 for Salah we will see if the British "football writers" and that ball bag prick break down the deal like they have done with Alexsis. All they were short of doing is adding the cost of office supplies to the deal.
None of them know feck all and reading about ( can't fecking watch ) Sunday supplement with those four cnuts yesterday just confirms that they are bloggers, not sport journalists. I watch a lot of sports commentary here in the US and these men and women are so on point it's rediculous. Facts, stats and context are so important when commentating on sports, something that is very lost in Britain especially in football.
The vast majority of people that get paid to report and break down the premier league know fecking nothing and are just parroting a narrative or lie by some fecking muppet who jumped to their own conclusions. Neil Ashton is a cnut and Oliver Holt is a bigger cnut. Also, Martin Keown should be ashamed of what he has said over the last week, everything that has come out of his banana hole has had nothing to do with the facts and left out all context that did not confirm him childish view, another cnut.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'm guessing we'll announce him at 21:00 tonight just to steal the headlines from Liverpool's bitch-slapping of Swansea.

ghagua

Perhaps Champions League but it's of course mainly the money.

You guys are 12 points ahead of us but it's not a true reflection of the gap between the two teams.
Perhaps he wants to join a team with ambitions to win things. I know Arsenal have their own ambitions, but don't think being a "farm team" for bigger clubs matches Sanchez's ambitions.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will be an interesting interview in there.

‘You will need to show enough funds to cover your stay in the UK. How much you be earning?’

‘£600,000 a week’

‘Ah, thanks, that should be fine’.

TsuWave

Massimo di culo, those crazy bastards took it really hard :lol:
i remember old massimo di culo. tbf to juventuz that was top banter :lol:

i remember i tried to sign up there around that time and they must have checked my IP address or something cause I got rejected straight away or they just knew the influx of people trying to sign up were United fans

crackers0seven

That Unitedinfocus is really good. The media have been scandalous for this whole saga. United can't do any right it seems. Buying a player to close gap on top team and therefore keep the league/story interesing. United should be cheered on, at the end of the day it'll only surely benefit papers etc if the league is close.. would have really liked if the article mentioned Graham 'United tapped him up but it's ok for city to do a deal' Sourness. That man shouldn't be on tv.

el3mel

Will be an interesting interview in there.

‘You will need to show enough funds to cover your stay in the UK. How much you be earning?’

‘£600,000 a week’

‘Ah, thanks, that should be fine’.
It has been hours since the Daily Mail article about him getting 600k. Remember his wages increase as the time goes on so his wages should be on 800k now.

OldTrevil

Translating to Massimo The Ass :lol:
i remember old massimo di culo. tbf to juventuz that was top banter :lol:

i remember i tried to sign up there around that time and they must have checked my IP address or something cause I got rejected straight away or they just knew the influx of people trying to sign up were United fans
You could almost taste the tears in their comments :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It has been hours since the Daily Mail article about him getting 600k. Remember his wages increase as the time goes on so his wages should be on 800k now.
It was before the work permit, legal workers are more valuable. 1.2M is fairer.

Hojoon

Think of the gas used to get Sanchez to Liverpool :( Another 200K added to his wage.

Wal2Fra

Think of the gas used to get Sanchez to Liverpool :( Another 200K added to his wage.
Comments like this are why I love this forum and it's the sort of crap the journo's deserve for the rubbish they come out with.

Fazer

Watching SSN in the hope of getting some relevant breaking news is making me go mad. Hayley McQueen who usually tries to hide her Scottish accent went totally Scottish with her accent while interviewing her dad Gordon. Think it's time to turn off the telly and focus on the books when you start noticing changes in accents of tv presenters.
Or you could have just focused on her ( . ) ( . )
Need to sort out your priorities.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Well I will use my last post of the day in this, but if you or any other are interested in Chile we use both last names, both from father and mother.

Not necessarily, In chile is very common in some areas to use English names with Latin surnames, you can find a lot of examples. I´m from here and I don't get it but is real. My best guess is that the mother fancied the name and just used. They didn't care about the meaning of the name or anything related.
Explains a lot about the delay in announcing- they are flying in some reams of newsprint, he only signed half his name(s) so far. It’s going well though, should be dotting his “I”s in approximately... 48 hrs.

Josep Dowling

Two Citeh fans on Sanchez's salary:

Fan 1 - 'I heard he was offered £350k a week'
Fan 2 - 'Really £400k a week?'
Fan 1 - 'Well actually that's net of tax so that's £600k a week'
Fan 2 - 'No wonder he turned us down for £800k a week'

Fridge chutney

Funny thing is this is a legit argument (amongst many) for him to choose the biggest club possible. But you know we are really just a rich man's stoke...
Those are actually Oliver Holts words. Some journalists in the UK should be fired immediately. Disgrace to the profession.

Canagel

This isn't getting announced today I feel. Must be another 48 hours then.

Goku23

What do you guys make of the roumors about Pogba demanding a pay rise cause of Sanchez suppsed high wages true or false ? Im just hoping no dressing room unrest happens ?

Status
Not open for further replies.