All ticket/travel information thread - 2010/11: Touting will not be tolerated

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
When you include away games, home games against our rivals and home games during the run-in then it's fair to say that it's very hard to get tickets to around 75% of Manchester United's matches. And if you want a ticket that isn't in one of the least desirable areas of the ground, not up in the gods in North Tier 3 for example, then it's fair to say that it's nearly always very hard to get tickets to any Manchester United game.
Where did anyone say that?
Think GCHQ mentioned it during his sales pitch.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
You really are a glazer gimp.

How the hell will getting a season ticket guarantee an away ticket?

So that's almost 50% of all games you can forget about. Of the remaining 50% there is only 20% of all home games which are difficult to get match tickets.

YES that's SIX games a season for your £1000+ season ticket investment.
I never said it would guarantee an away ticket.

It's more than six home games a season btw. 11 home games have sold out at the members ballot stage and there has been extremely limited availability for a further two games post-ballot.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
If we don't get past Chelsea then we'll have played a total of 28 home games this season (29 if we reach the semis).

Out of the League home games, the matches against Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, City, Bolton, Everton, Chelsea and Blackpool have sold out at the members ballot stage (or will sell out in the case of the Everton, Chelsea and Blackpool games) and therefore a number of members have been unable to obtain tickets from the club for those games. Ticket availability for the Fulham game was also very limited after the members ballot.

Tickets for the FA Cup home games against Liverpool and Arsenal also sold out in the members ballot. The same is the case for the Chelsea CL home game and availability for the Marseille match was very limited.

So for 13 out of 28 home games (14/29 if we reach the CL semis) it's correct to say that some members who wanted tickets for those games were either definitely unable to obtain a ticket for the game or were left with an extremely limited choice of where to sit.
What you don't say or don't know is what proportion of members who applied were unsuccessful. You try and create this aura about how great the life of a season ticket holder is which simply is not true. After having a ST for a few seasons I gave them up this season and became a member. I have applied for all the games you have mentioned above and I have only failed once and Chelsea is going to a second ballot. I have never been seated in tier 3 and have only once had a seat 'up in the gods'. The value of a season ticket now is pretty worthless.

K Stand Knut

What you don't say or don't know is what proportion of members who applied were unsuccessful. You try and create this aura about how great the life of a season ticket holder is which simply is not true. After having a ST for a few seasons I gave them up this season and became a member. I have applied for all the games you have mentioned above and I have only failed once and Chelsea is going to a second ballot. I have never been seated in tier 3 and have only once had a seat 'up in the gods'. The value of a season ticket now is pretty worthless.
I wouldn't go that far but it is certainly not as valuable as it used to be.

You can't even apply for away games as a member only can you?

GCHQ

If you've only been applying for a single ticket for those games then that will have significantly improved your success rate (and it's not like you know yet whether or not you've been successful for the Everton, Chelsea and Blackpool league games). Applying for two or more tickets together is a completely different story.

The value of a season ticket is certainly not worthless. I can assure you that being guaranteed entry to all of our remaining home games is an extremely comforting feeling, particularly as that might well include the lifting of a record 19th League title after the Blackpool game. Good luck getting a ticket for that one. I'd imagine a good few hours on Viagogo await you sir.

In addition to that, the beauty of the ACS is that it basically guaranteed me a ticket to the City semi-final as well as the Chelsea CL quarter-final.

K Stand Knut

If you've only been applying for a single ticket for those games then that will have significantly improved your success rate (and it's not like you know yet whether or not you've been successful for the Everton, Chelsea and Blackpool league games). Applying for two or more tickets together is a completely different story.

The value of a season ticket is certainly not worthless. I can assure you that being guaranteed entry to all of our remaining home games is an extremely comforting feeling, particularly as that might well include the lifting of a record 19th League title after the Blackpool game. Good luck getting a ticket for that one. I'd imagine a good few hours on Viagogo await you sir.

In addition to that, the beauty of the ACS is that it basically guaranteed me a ticket to the City semi-final as well as the Chelsea CL quarter-final.
Not if one of your dickhead mate's didn't go to one of the Cup games and let you apply with him anyway.

But I'm not bitter!!!!

GCHQ

I wouldn't go that far but it is certainly not as valuable as it used to be.

You can't even apply for away games as a member only can you?
Good point. At least as a season ticket holder in the ACS you have a chance of getting away tickets through the club. I can't say I'm happy with the way tickets are allocated though. It's farcical that the Loyalty Pot is a closed-shop.

K Stand Knut

Good point. At least as a season ticket holder in the ACS you have a chance of getting away tickets through the club. I can't say I'm happy with the way tickets are allocated though. It's farcical that the Loyalty Pot is a closed-shop.
Our whole ticketing system is bullshit, and has been for some years.

As much as it irks me to say it, the Bitters ticketing system is supposedly fantastic. Basically, like ours but you get points for applying for tickets and attending games. The amount of points depends on home and away but when tickets like the SF come out, you can only apply on certain days - for example, if you have 5 000+ loyalty points, you can apply from the first day, then a few days later 4 000+ points and so on until they have sold out.

K Stand Knut

What would be the fairest way of distributing away tickets?
By some kind of loyalty scheme, just not the biased one that exists at the moment.

NOt sure how you'd implement a complete change of 'loyalty' pot at this stage in the club's history but I am sure some Glazer slave will be able to come up with it

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's nearly always very hard to get match tickets to Manchester United games. One of the many benefits of being a season ticket holder is that you don't have to go through the hassle and worry of attempting to buy tickets on a match to match basis. Have you thought about joining the Manchester United season ticket waiting list?
Please keep up mate. This guy and many others on here are visiting the UK are are trying to get a game in which could be once in a lifetime opportunity. Instead of bleating on about selling season tickets maybe you can ask the ticket office to reserve an allocation for visitors from abroad.

K Stand Knut

On a slightly different note, has anyone ever had any experiences, and more importantly success, when calling up for return tickets? I.E. after ballot results for tickets returned from successful applicants who can no longer attend?

Neo_Mufc

By some kind of loyalty scheme, just not the biased one that exists at the moment.

NOt sure how you'd implement a complete change of 'loyalty' pot at this stage in the club's history but I am sure some Glazer slave will be able to come up with it
I've suggested loyalty schemes but it has to be pretty good one due to the thousands that apply all the time.

If I'm right the loyalty pot has about 1000 members or so? Maybe they deserve for it to remain due to their individual loyalty but then it doesn't really allow anyone else new to join as the club blocked that last year I think.

The Euro scheme this year seems fair but would that work for the premier league/fa cup/league cup tickets probably not.

Sultan

It's not all about loyalty. Execs, because they pay more get preferential treatment when handing out tickets. United have lost their soul to money mate.

B Cantona

Desperate
It's nearly always very hard to get match tickets to Manchester United games. One of the many benefits of being a season ticket holder is that you don't have to go through the hassle and worry of attempting to buy tickets on a match to match basis. Have you thought about joining the Manchester United season ticket waiting list?
:lol: This nutter is value, I'll give him that

GCHQ

Please keep up mate. This guy and many others on here are visiting the UK are are trying to get a game in which could be once in a lifetime opportunity. Instead of bleating on about selling season tickets maybe you can ask the ticket office to reserve an allocation for visitors from abroad.
Well if he's only after a ticket to a one-off game then he should really be looking into purchasing a Thomas Cook match ticket package or a hospitality ticket from the club. That would be relatively expensive but can be justified as a ''once in a lifetime opportunity'' purchase.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well if he's only after a ticket to a one-off game then he should really be looking into purchasing a Thomas Cook match ticket package or a hospitality ticket from the club. That would be relatively expensive but can be justified as a ''once in a lifetime opportunity'' purchase.
:lol: ffs

Sultan

Please just do one! It's getting a bit tedious.

Shove that money crap up where the sun never shines.

K Stand Knut

Jesus, even I have to :lol: at this one!!!

Hope you're ok, Uncle Malcolm!!

Sultan

:lol: That's the worst language I've ever seen Sultan use!

And he couldn't have picked a better time
The twat instead of trying to help him out with his contacts at the club gives a sermon on the virtues of a season ticket, waiting list and then tries to sell an exec package. Some human being!

Devils Advocate

This reminds me of the bit in The Truman Show when Truman goes mental at his wife and she follows up with a product placement. Undermines the times when GCHQ can make some valid points.

GCHQ

It's not all about loyalty. Execs, because they pay more get preferential treatment when handing out tickets. United have lost their soul to money mate.
The execs provide the club with an enormous amount of revenue and therefore deserve to have a certain amount of preferential treatment when it comes to the distribution of away tickets.

I'm completely in favour of season ticket holder's being rewarded for their loyalty. What I'm not in favour of is the current system whereby a significant proportion of our away tickets for every game have gone to the same group of season ticket holders over a number of seasons, a trend which will continue unless the policy is changed. Personally I'd like to see the loyalty pot system completely scrapped but a compromise would be to open the pot up to several thousand more season ticket holders with the most impressive away ticket application records over the last X amount of seasons. The losers would be the existing Loyalty Pot members, but they'd still retain a significant advantage over the vast majority of season ticket holders. Every other season ticket holder would be a winner from that compromise. The season ticket holders with impressive application records, who were previously excluded from the loyalty pot, would see their chances of success improve and every season ticket holder in the standard pot would also see their chances improve due to the increased number of sth's in the loyalty pot and therefore reduced number in the SP.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
When you include away games, home games against our rivals and home games during the run-in then it's fair to say that it's very hard to get tickets to around 75% of Manchester United's matches. And if you want a ticket that isn't in one of the least desirable areas of the ground, not up in the gods in North Tier 3 for example, then it's fair to say that it's nearly always very hard to get tickets to any Manchester United game.
But he doesn't mention an ST guaranteeing you a ticket for away games, does he?
Mate, he posted about the joys of being a season ticket holder and then in his very next post started by talking about away games. I think it's fair to read between the lines that he WAS talking about the same thing.

The problem with your well rehearsed response is that it is not true.

You will see earlier in this thread I was looking for two tickets for me and my son. We attend all games together and due to his age we need to sit together. Applying for a pair and not a single has made no difference to our success.

Having had a ST I accept that at this point in the season is it comforting to know that you are guaranteed a seat (or two). Unfortunately we are not guaranteed to be in this position every season. I am not only talking about winning trophies but the possiblity in other seasons that the league is not as close or we play a home leg second to our biggest domestic rivals.

I spent an hour last night on viatout getting a pair of tickets for the Chelsea game - which has to be our biggest game of the season so far. Would I rather spend an hour wearing my finger out or spend a £1000 to guarantee a seat?

I take issue with your smugness of a City and Chelsea ticket. Last season on my ST's I bought every cup ticket under the ACS and didn't get a ticket for Wembley. I got lucky on the second ballot but I was not too pleased. So, you are either unduly confident or the numbers on the ACS have plumeted?

This all started when you suggested to a guy clearly looking for tickets for a special occasion the joys of a season ticket. If you want to attend every game in the same seat then obviously a ST is very useful and will cost you no more than a membership. If however like the vast majority of match attending United fans you are unable to attend every game then yes a season ticket is worthless.

K Stand Knut

`I disagree mate but having seen his posts since, I understand your frustrations with the Glazerite! Very strange.

Anyway - GCHQ - can you answer my question about return tickets? What are my chances of getting an SF ticket through any returned to the club?

Sultan

This subject is very close to my heart.

Every week fans on here try and help each other going through great efforts and financial loss, and then this idiot comes along and preaches to us the wonderful financial benefits to the club of trying to sell a ST ticket to a foreign fan visiting the UK.

GCHQ

The twat instead of trying to help him out with his contacts at the club gives a sermon on the virtues of a season ticket, waiting list and tries and then tries to sell an exec package. Some human being!
I'm not trying to sell him anything! I'm simply providing him with additional options if he's not able to obtain a ticket for the game from the things you told him.

Sultan

I honestly don't see what the problem is. What I suggested would be his best way of legally guaranteeing a ticket for the game. Don't you agree?
Please just get out of this thread. Seriously stop!

Sultan

I'm not trying to sell him anything! I'm simply providing him with additional options if he's not able to obtain a ticket for the game from the things you told him.
Don't you worry! We'll manage amongst ourselves to sort out a fellow foreign fan.

GCHQ

Please just get out of this thread. Seriously stop!
Ok.

EDIT - I would however like to make clear that I wasn't aware from his post that he was only interested in a one-off purchase. If I had been then I wouldn't have mentioned season tickets.

It's also clear from his posts that he doesn't want the hassle of having to apply for a membership and then having to buy a ticket on Viagogo (given that the only tickets now available from the club are the hospitality tickets which I previously mentioned). So there you go.

B Cantona

Desperate
The twat instead of trying to help him out with his contacts at the club gives a sermon on the virtues of a season ticket, waiting list and then tries to sell an exec package. Some human being!
Yup. I commented in another thread I had to give my season tickets up, a genuine wrench as you can imagine, I love my seats on the Stretty. Chump boy straight in there with the propaganda telling everyone I didn't have to give them up due to the Glazers

He was the bogeyman I feared when they were teaching my about the evils of capitalism at school I reckon...

Sultan

Ok.

EDIT - I would however like to make clear that I wasn't aware from his post that he was only interested in a one-off purchase. If I had been then I wouldn't have mentioned season tickets.
You do it all too often!

This site has become a marketing avenue for your nonsense.

phelans shorts

Now, I can't be the only one to notice this, surely he physically cannot be talking about Chelsea away, and if he is then we know for certain it's a WUM, as ACS made not one jot of difference to that.