All ticket/travel information thread - 2012/13 -Touting will not be tolerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
A few questions related to travelling to manchester and visiting the stadium etc.

1. Which tour to take (a. Museum and tour, b. The OT Experience).
2. If we can go onto the field when we take a tour of the stadium.
3. Is there any chance of seeing the players train on a non match day... if yes then how.

Thanks a lot for any inputs on these, counting on you guys

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
A few questions related to travelling to manchester and visiting the stadium etc.

1. Which tour to take (a. Museum and tour, b. The OT Experience).
2. If we can go onto the field when we take a tour of the stadium.
3. Is there any chance of seeing the players train on a non match day... if yes then how.

Thanks a lot for any inputs on these, counting on you guys
Depends on your time availability. If you want to spend a day at the ground then OT experience. The other tour takes around a few hours and you'll get to see the dressing rooms, Museum, press facilities, and be allowed on the side of the pitch. I'd personally say that would be sufficient.

There's no chance of seeing the players unless you camp outside their homes in Cheshire, or stand waiting on country lanes leading to Carrington training complex.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Depends on your time availability. If you want to spend a day at the ground then OT experience. The other tour takes around a few hours and you'll get to see the dressing rooms, Museum, press facilities, and be allowed on the side of the pitch. I'd personally say that would be sufficient.

There's no chance of seeing the players unless you camp outside their homes in Cheshire, or stand waiting on country lanes leading to Carrington training complex.
Thanks man.
The idea is to see them train, not just get a sight of them, so I believe I will let the third point be.
Time is not really a constraint during the trip. So, what does the OT experience have that the other thing does not?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Thanks man.
The idea is to see them train, not just get a sight of them, so I believe I will let the third point be.
Time is not really a constraint during the trip. So, what does the OT experience have that the other thing does not?
Spending time in the dining rooms.

I'd just go on a lesser tour and spend the day at Trafford Centre/Arndale Centre - which are in close proximity.

ashy7

We bought some season tickets this year but can't even apply for aways because we bought them after the Fulham home game - joke!

Also, we'll have a couple spare for the Stoke home game in E336 if anyone's interested.
You wouldn't be able to apply for an away game until after the first cup game with a new season ticket (I think it's the first home league cup game). Same as with people with season tickets who opted out of last seasons home league cup game. Worth checking after that if you can apply or not.

kps88

Getting it out there early - need a pair for the QPR home game and a single for the West Ham game (24th and 28th Nov). Preferably ST2.

Booking flights from now, would be great if anyone can put my mind at ease and tell me I won't end up in Manchester ticketless. Will post again closer to the games.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Would I have trouble getting tickets for one of the Euro group games if I went ahead and booked flights?

Edit: home games!

Liam147

On Probation
No chance. Ideal seats, maybe, but if you're not fussed you'll be straight in. People on here will have spares too I'd have thought.

I've already asked Sults, but I'll ask in here anyway, does anyone know of any pairs going in the stretty for the Wigan game?

ashy7

Would I have trouble getting tickets for one of the Euro group games if I went ahead and booked flights?

Edit: home games!
You'll have no problem getting tickets for them at all - none will be a sell-out. My pair will be available for two of them so let me know if you get stuck.

MJJ

Guys...anyone know of a way to buy tickets if you are not a oneunited member?Looking for four seats in a row for either the wigan/spurs/stoke match.

beller2000

Lads i have a pair of tickets available for a lot of games this side of Christmas. They are East stand, block E235, 2nd row behind the disabled section. Im going to become a dad for the first time in the next few days so i wont get a chance to get to many (if any) games this side of Xmas. A few mates are using them for a few of the games but these are still available if anyone is interested:

15 SEP - Wigan
19 SEP - Galatasary
25/26 SEP - Newcastle COC

20 OCT - Stoke
23 OCT - Braga

28 NOV - West Ham

05 DEC - Cluj
15 DEC - Sunderland
29 DEC - West Brom

Any interest give me a shout and ill keep them for you. Probably easiest for me to post tickets and you post them back but i could prob arrange a meet at the ground before and after the game if needs be. Thanks

Robin

I will probably have 3 pairs of tickets available for each of the 3 home Euro games, all in the East upper, let me know via pm ,

ashy7

Guys...anyone know of a way to buy tickets if you are not a oneunited member?Looking for four seats in a row for either the wigan/spurs/stoke match.
Go to manutd.com - you can get tickets for all those games except Spurs even if you're not a member (will cost you £5 more than the member price though).

Rory 7

Anyone know if they stop you at OT if you are on a OAP ticket?

Me and a mate are going to QPR game but one of our tickets is a senior citizen members ticket - my dad's membership! I'm the other member. If my mate - aged 40 - goes in on my dad's ticket is he in danger of getting booted out?

One of us could alway goes dressed up as an old man etc.

ashy7

Anyone know if they stop you at OT if you are on a OAP ticket?

Me and a mate are going to QPR game but one of our tickets is a senior citizen members ticket - my dad's membership! I'm the other member. If my mate - aged 40 - goes in on my dad's ticket is he in danger of getting booted out?

One of us could alway goes dressed up as an old man etc.
The turnstile goes red rather than green when someone uses an OAP/junior ticket and the stewards might or might not check. Not sure dressing as an old man would help a lot!

Rory 7

The turnstile goes red rather than green when someone uses an OAP/junior ticket and the stewards might or might not check. Not sure dressing as an old man would help a lot!
Ah Balls. What will we do? Maybe ring the ticket office and see if I can upgrade it to full adult?

ashy7

Ah Balls. What will we do? Maybe ring the ticket office and see if I can upgrade it to full adult?
I know loads of people that get in with OAP tickets fine - depends if you want to risk it or not. Best time would be when the turnstiles are busy as they're less likely to check. Not sure about upgrading the ticket - it's worth ringing up the ticket office and asking.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Just out of interest, how do they screen out the hoods that are banned from football clubs? I always wondered that!

IanDangerously

OK, the prices for TC are insane so I'm really thinking of making my own way there but I'm just worried about getting chubbed. We'll get at least 2500 tickets but how many people are likely to be going?

Odd request but any execs out there not going to Galatasaray and willing to apply and do the name change thing? :)

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
OK, the prices for TC are insane so I'm really thinking of making my own way there but I'm just worried about getting chubbed. We'll get at least 2500 tickets but how many people are likely to be going?

Odd request but any execs out there not going to Galatasaray and willing to apply and do the name change thing? :)
<500 will make it out there. Reckon you'll get one if you check on RedIssue.

Last game of the group stages, in November, in Turkey: demand will be low.

IanDangerously

<500 will make it out there. Reckon you'll get one if you check on RedIssue.

Last game of the group stages, in November, in Turkey: demand will be low.
I just managed to book Braga and Istanbul trips for around the same price Thomas Cook were charging for the day trip. Figure I'll do the 2 and use the Braga credit to make sure I get Istanbul. :p

MJJ

Go to manutd.com - you can get tickets for all those games except Spurs even if you're not a member (will cost you £5 more than the member price though).
It wont let us book the tickets. says your membership doesnt allow you to buy tickets but we dont have a membership at all.:(

ashy7

It wont let us book the tickets. says your membership doesnt allow you to buy tickets but we dont have a membership at all.:(
I've just double checked for the Wigan game and you can definitely buy tickets as a non-member. After you have selected your seats, scroll down and change the 'type' column from Adult (member) to Adult (non-member).

MJJ

I've just double checked for the Wigan game and you can definitely buy tickets as a non-member. After you have selected your seats, scroll down and change the 'type' column from Adult (member) to Adult (non-member).
:annoyed: Ok. Will give that a go. Thanks a lot.

kps88

Anyone here have experience in buying tickets online and getting them shipped to a country outside of the UK? I usually get them shipped to a friend in England but I don't have that option anymore. They require you to provide a shipping address though, so the only option I would have is to provide my address in India. Do they offer international shipping? Any extra costs involved?

Also, am I correct in assuming that if the tickets don't reach me in time or arrive after I leave, I can get copies printed at the ticketing office with minimal fuss?

IanDangerously

Anyone here have experience in buying tickets online and getting them shipped to a country outside of the UK? I usually get them shipped to a friend in England but I don't have that option anymore. They require you to provide a shipping address though, so the only option I would have is to provide my address in India. Do they offer international shipping? Any extra costs involved?

Also, am I correct in assuming that if the tickets don't reach me in time or arrive after I leave, I can get copies printed at the ticketing office with minimal fuss?
You can get them shipped outside of the UK, and it will cost more for shipping although I'm not sure how much.

You'd probably be best phoning the ticket office, ask them to sell you the tickets on the phone and keep them in the office for you to collect. Then you'd just have to take ID along to the office when you get to Manchester and they'll hand them to you.

kps88

Thanks for the reply.

I rang them but they insisted on a shipping address. They aren't allowed to hold tickets for collection at the TO but they will print a copy for me if I don't get my ticket in the post on time.

gaffs

Hi

I have 2 tickets available for the following games....

Wed 19th Sep - Galatasaray
Wed 26th Sep - Newcastle

Block E236 (East Stand Tier 1).

PM Me.

Thanks

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Been on holiday, someone please tell me I havent missed the chance of another chubbing for applying for the Liverpool game :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.