All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've renewed way back in March. I've opted into the league cup games so far but will probably be opting out later. If we get into the Champions League then I will be able to do the 1st group game but after that I need someone to take the other 2 games off me.
The ability to opt out per round is a great facility. And I suppose there's no real benefit from opting out at the start really.
The Europa/Champs league issue makes a huge difference though. And that'll certainly be my deal breaker on the opt out later on.

Do you know whether you can only apply for aways after you've paid for your first cup game full stop? Or it it only after the first cup game that could have been opted out of?
ie league cup/Europa, but if we're in the champ league, you can't apply until after the first home league cup?

The second scenario sounds unlikely, as if you're in the champs league that you have to pay for anyway, and you don't get a domestic cup home, you have no opportunity?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can only apply for aways after you have paid for the 1st home cup game, be it the LC, EL or CL
Ta pal. Barring Europa league action, it seems a pretty non decision to opt in then. Especially with that 25% off LC games.

Just need to win this cup to make sure now!

manutd619

So my company sponsors the Europa League, forked out £700 to win an auction for Hospitality Tickets & hotel for the final in May. Please God I hope we get there now.......
Come on United don't let me down now we're so close!

If we go out I'm sending the bill to Lingard for those missed chances :wenger:

McDonagh707

Does anybody know how the EL final tickets will be assigned should we get there?

I'm a STH and have purchased tickets for all the home cup games this season and I also have 8 European away credits. I'll be applying with a friend who is only a member but has the same European away credits.

Who will be prioritised between him, and say a STH with all home cup games but no European away credits?

Thanks

ZupZup

Does anybody know how the EL final tickets will be assigned should we get there?

I'm a STH and have purchased tickets for all the home cup games this season and I also have 8 European away credits. I'll be applying with a friend who is only a member but has the same European away credits.

Who will be prioritised between him, and say a STH with all home cup games but no European away credits?

Thanks
I don't know for sure but I just assumed it will be all on European away credits same as other European matches... I am pretty confident that will be the case. I only have the 4 Euro away credits but I think that should guarantee me a ticket if we get there.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I will be in Manchester for the next month and I desperately want to attend a game. I know that the El semi final will be push but can anyone help me with a ticket for the semi final or the palace game?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'll be going to the Palace game, but I'm uncertain about a few practical things...

1. I have a broken back (have been broken for 12 years), which means I cannot stand up for long, how much earlier should I be at Old Trafford to get in without having to deal with a massive line?
Or alternatively, is it possible to ask security or something to help me get up to my seat?

2. Even if I try to push myself, it will result in some severe pains, should I ask for a wheelchair? And would it be practical at all, as in would I lose any kind of view over the game assuming my seat isn't close to the field? (think I've heard that people who use wheelchairs get seated very close to the field, wouldn't want to miss out on the game due to my limitations, so would rather be aware that I need to take a bit of extra morphine before walking up stairs)

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I'll be going to the Palace game, but I'm uncertain about a few practical things...

1. I have a broken back (have been broken for 12 years), which means I cannot stand up for long, how much earlier should I be at Old Trafford to get in without having to deal with a massive line?
Or alternatively, is it possible to ask security or something to help me get up to my seat?

2. Even if I try to push myself, it will result in some severe pains, should I ask for a wheelchair? And would it be practical at all, as in would I lose any kind of view over the game assuming my seat isn't close to the field? (think I've heard that people who use wheelchairs get seated very close to the field, wouldn't want to miss out on the game due to my limitations, so would rather be aware that I need to take a bit of extra morphine before walking up stairs)
I'll take a shot at answering, but I haven't looked at this this season, so apologies if any of this out of date.

How high up are you? There are lifts to the upper floors for example, but they must be arranged in advance. If the ticket is in your name then you can call the ticket office, and they can arrange a lift pass. Try not to scare them into thinking you need disabled access seats though, and don't call them if the ticket isn't in your name - day tickets aren't usually transferable.

I can't see you being able to add a wheelchair seating requirement at this stage, they'll have already allocated the accessible tickets. If you mean a folding wheelchair to get you to the gate then that may be possible, but again I'm not sure that I'd risk just arriving at the turnstile with one.

Half an hour early should be fine to avoid the queues at the gate, though not necessarily at the drinks/food etc.

Rajma

Any suggestions for places where United fans, normally, gather around Emirates pre-game?

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..

I'll take a shot at answering, but I haven't looked at this this season, so apologies if any of this out of date.

How high up are you? There are lifts to the upper floors for example, but they must be arranged in advance. If the ticket is in your name then you can call the ticket office, and they can arrange a lift pass. Try not to scare them into thinking you need disabled access seats though, and don't call them if the ticket isn't in your name - day tickets aren't usually transferable.

I can't see you being able to add a wheelchair seating requirement at this stage, they'll have already allocated the accessible tickets. If you mean a folding wheelchair to get you to the gate then that may be possible, but again I'm not sure that I'd risk just arriving at the turnstile with one.

Half an hour early should be fine to avoid the queues at the gate, though not necessarily at the drinks/food etc.
Just to add in on this, you can also arrange a lift pass if you are "borrowing" a season ticket from a friend. The season ticket holder will have to call the ticket office and arrange for it to be picked up in your name. I done it earlier in the season for someone. The ticket office is like 100 yards from the stadium and there are usually queues near KO so going as early as possible would be best if you are doing it.

Also, normally arriving half an hour early would be alright but recently the queues have been massive near KO due to additional security checks. I would suggest trying to go in at least an hour before KO to avoid any queues and rush.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Thanks @jojojo and @NextSeason.
Will ask my friend today where the seats are located, it's ordered in our names and united membership id's. Man I can't wait for this, even if Mourinho only play kids! :D

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I expect loads of tickets will become available for Palace now if anyone is interested, just like the Bournemouth replay last season.

Dan_F

Has anyone used sites like livefootballtickets.com ? Obviously they are a bit of a rip off, but just realised I'm in Southampton next Wednesday, and there are away tickets for £150.

Possibly just around 8,500 tickets per team for the final according to United.

I say it every year but it's fecking mental that UEFA ballot away 17,000 to random people, 90% of whom are just after making a quick buck by selling it on for 600 quid +.

NextSeason

I say it every year but it's fecking mental that UEFA ballot away 17,000 to random people, 90% of whom are just after making a quick buck by selling it on for 600 quid +.
United have been giving indications on allocations before we are even there? :nervous:

NextSeason

I think it's simply easy to work out.

48,000 UEFA capacity
17,000 tickets gone in UEFA ballot
11,000 tickets to UEFA sponsors

That leaves 10,000 max per team but segregation rules will knock a chunk off that too.
Yup, so by the end the two participating teams will receive around 18% of the total allocation each - pathetic.

I was more surprised that United have been sending around potential final ticket info but I guess they have to be prepared as there is less than 2 weeks turnaround between tomorrow and the final. It's like when they tell us that our cup payment cards will be charged 0.0001 seconds after we are drawn a home tie in the cup draw! :lol:

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re

Couldn't agree more, it really is scandalous how the fans of the 2 clubs in these showcase finals get treated by the governing bodies.
On a side note, it's reckoned any season ticket holder with all home cup games and has 2 or more euro credits (attended or chubbed) will get a ticket.

Last edited:

NextSeason

If anyone was thinking of calling the TO today, I wouldn't if you can delay it. Been on hold for 2.5 hours and counting trying to sort out some collections for tonight. There's no option for a callback either. Feck knows what's going on in there...

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
Haha really? I wasn't a ST holder back then but I remember being able to buy final tickets as a member at one point due to the difficulties of getting there with the visas etc.
Yes that's why they did the ballot pre semi, due to the prospect of 2 English clubs in a final, all trying to get visas at such short notice.
Ended up with the match ticket being your visa on entry into Moscow.
Best thing was Scouser's had to do the same before their semi exit to Chelsea. :D

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
If anyone for some reason wants to get rid of his/her Europa League final tickets, I'll be interested..
Worth a shot

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Another long shot I know - but I'd be interested in 1 or 2 tickets for the Europa League final.

Can anyone hook me up, or know of someone that can?

I'm based in London.

Cheers!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I'll join the queue for final tickets too, though they are likely gold dust right now. Thomas Cook have a deal on for travel for anyone successful in the ballot

ZupZup

I may end up selling my one in the United end if I can't get the time off unfortunately... frustrating.

Last edited: