All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

mark_a

In 2016 I had maximum credits and still had to wait 'til United's 2nd round of ticket allocation! I think then they managed to get everyone who'd got the max credits tickets, but obviously that doesn't bode well for those that haven't.

Luckily I already said I couldn't make it when I RSVPd to harry's wedding invite.

Only kidding, I'm a massive anti-Royalist. I just had to google which one of them was getting married!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Anyone lucky enough to get a cup final ticket will be paying out either 145 115 80 or 45 with 25 concession reduction on first 2 and 10 on rest
That means SS is almost 4x normal away price
Ridiculous prices - especially considering that the FA promised to review pricing following complaints about the price rises for the semi final. Plus there are hardly any in the cheapest price band and even many of the second cheapest are in the top teir.

Is it realistic to get tickets for the final? Or just impossible?
Dont even dream about it unless you are season ticket holder and even then you are not guaranteed

oldhand

Ticket application only by those on full home credits and tickets will be allocated according to the most away ticket applications. If u apply more than one the lowest number will be used etc. So the away support will definitely get them, people who haven't applied for aways will be nervous for sure.

rsb

Ticket application only by those on full home credits and tickets will be allocated according to the most away ticket applications. If u apply more than one the lowest number will be used etc. So the away support will definitely get them, people who haven't applied for aways will be nervous for sure.
Will this include Euro aways too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Yep.i haven't applied for any, so bottom of the list. Probably plenty in the same boat though

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Following our FA Cup Semi Final win over Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday, we are delighted to confirm that we will be playing against Chelsea in the Final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 19th May (KO Time TBC).

Applications for the game will open at 8am Tuesday 24th April, and will close at 8am on Friday 27th April (although pricing will not be confirmed until later in the day). The ballot will begin immediately after applications close and is expected to take up to 72 hours to complete.

As we anticipate high demand, applications will only be accepted from Season Ticket holders that have purchased all 7 home cup games; we will then prioritise the ballot in order of those Season Ticket holders that have applied for the most away games in the 2017/18 season. Please therefore consider this before entering the ballot with supporters who have applied for less domestic away games than you, as your application will be based on the number of away games they have applied for.

Singing Section

Further to the supporter-led 'singing section' during the Semi-Final against Tottenham Hotspur, we have again decided to support this initiative to encourage vocal fans to come together and create more of an atmosphere. With this in mind, there will be an additional option in the application process for this game (in the price preferences section), where you can indicate if you would like to be seated in a more vocal / singing area. Please note, as we do not have the allocation or ticket pricing at this stage, we're unable to confirm the location or ticket price for this section.

Family Areas

We will also again be providing designated 'family areas', to enable younger and older supporters to sit in the most suitable seats. With this in mind, there will be further additional options in the application process for this game (in the price preferences section), where you can indicate if you would like to be seated in a 'family area'.

As with all ballots, we anticipate being oversubscribed. If your preferences are not available, we will still try to find you the best available alternative seat/s (which may be a different price), rather than your application automatically being made unsuccessful.

Please note, tickets are not allocated based on when the ballot application was submitted, therefore all supporters will have an equal chance of receiving a ticket in the ballot regardless of whether the application was made at 8am on Tuesday 24th April or 7.59am on Friday 27th April.

Thank you for your support and let's hope for success in our Emirates FA Cup campaign as we head into the Final.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on a red season ticket so can't apply for aways yet.... Have got 7/7 in terms of cup games. Hope I don't get fecked here.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Hi, need help. I will be visiting London and England for the first time ever, and just realised will be there during FA Cup final. Would looove to go to Wembley to watch Boys, while my friends, who don't care about football can wait for me outside Wembley while eating fish and chips, or something. So went looking for tickets, all buzzing and over the moon happy that I will see United for the first time live, and the my world crashed down, fell of my sofa when I saw prices. 500,.. 450 £??? What the...? Went searching about last years finals, and found:
For the 2014/15 FA Cup Semi-Final are £33, £43, £53 and £63.
For the 2014/15 FA Cup Final ticket prices are £50, £70, £90 and £120.

For the 2015/16 FA Cup Semi-Final will be £35, £45, £55 and £65.
For the 2015/16 FA Cup Final, ticket prices will be £50, £75, £95 and £125. tickets for the Emirates
For the 2017 FA Cup Final – reduced by £5 across all price points last year – are priced at £45, £65, £85 and £115 for adults.
I don't understand this huge difference, so I guess there is something I'm not aware of. Never been to England, so have no idea about ticket prices and how it works, but I know I have a huuge headache since seeing those prices.
Are these quoted prices for season ticket holders only? And 450 £ are for us outside of England suckers? Are there cheaper ticket available anywhere??
Or do I have to sell my husbands kidney to watch United when I have the chance, once in a lifetime?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Hi, need help. I will be visiting London and England for the first time ever, and just realised will be there during FA Cup final. Would looove to go to Wembley to watch Boys, while my friends, who don't care about football can wait for me outside Wembley while eating fish and chips, or something. So went looking for tickets, all buzzing and over the moon happy that I will see United for the first time live, and the my world crashed down, fell of my sofa when I saw prices. 500,.. 450 £??? What the...? Went searching about last years finals, and found:

I don't understand this huge difference, so I guess there is something I'm not aware of. Never been to England, so have no idea about ticket prices and how it works, but I know I have a huuge headache since seeing those prices.
Are these quoted prices for season ticket holders only? And 450 £ are for us outside of England suckers? Are there cheaper ticket available anywhere??
Or do I have to sell my husbands kidney to watch United when I have the chance, once in a lifetime?
The prices you have quoted there are for tickets bought directly from the club which are available to only season ticket holders. £500, £450 etc is from touts and those prices would've been the same for last year too, and probably even higher for Stockholm.

zed17

Does ‘away games’ mean domestic only or both domestic and European?

As we anticipate high demand, applications will only be accepted from Season Ticket holders that have purchased all 7 home cup games; we will then prioritise the ballot in order of those Season Ticket holders that have applied for the most away games in the 2017/18 season. Please therefore consider this before entering the ballot with supporters who have applied for less domestic away games than you, as your application will be based on the number of away games they have applied for.
Ouch. Sorry to say dwd but hopefully the amount of red ST holders forced into second place by this will ensure I get sorted with my 10 or so away apps. :nervous:

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
I'm pretty sure I have 7 credits but haven't really applied for too many aways. So I'm assuming I should get a ticket with full credits? Or do I have to of applied for aways as well? Gosh it's confusing!

robinrooney

I'm pretty sure I have 7 credits but haven't really applied for too many aways. So I'm assuming I should get a ticket with full credits? Or do I have to of applied for aways as well? Gosh it's confusing!
The way I understand it you need all 7 cup credits and then they will be issuing tickets to the people with the most away apps first. Then working down from there. I reckon I have at least 12 away apps (could be more), so I'm pretty confident on getting a ticket

rotherham_red

The way I understand it you need all 7 cup credits and then they will be issuing tickets to the people with the most away apps first. Then working down from there. I reckon I have at least 12 away apps (could be more), so I'm pretty confident on getting a ticket
I have 6 home cup credits, and around 12 (PL) away apps - the cup away games I'm assuming are not being considered, otherwise its more like 15 or so.

Touch and go if I get a ticket tbh, but worth a shot in any case. I'll be pissed if that Burton game is the one that's going to cost me a ticket to the final :lol:

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
Ok thanks. I only have 3 so I don’t think I’ll stand a chance sadly! But you have to have at least 7 credits? I’m going for cat 2 so hoping people go for lower lol

JipJap Stam

So where do I stand as a red season ticket holder with all 7 cup games and the semi final and always get moved as I'm in east stand???? Absolute joke this is it clearly states to ensure you have a chance of getting a domestic cup final ticket then you stay opted in for all cup games and now they are saying it's down to away apps! Wonder how many of these people actually turned up to the Brighton game when there was loads empty seats!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Ouch. Sorry to say dwd but hopefully the amount of red ST holders forced into second place by this will ensure I get sorted with my 10 or so away apps. :nervous:
I don’t understand what your point is here mate? I didn’t even post that so no idea what you’ve done :lol: you’ll be sorted though, surely.

So where do I stand as a red season ticket holder with all 7 cup games and the semi final and always get moved as I'm in east stand???? Absolute joke this is it clearly states to ensure you have a chance of getting a domestic cup final ticket then you stay opted in for all cup games and now they are saying it's down to away apps! Wonder how many of these people actually turned up to the Brighton game when there was loads empty seats!
Well @JipJap Stam... what are the club supposed to do?

If, as has been rumoured, the FA reduce our allocation to say 27,500 tickets, and we have 29,000 season ticket holders with 7/7.... why it is a joke?

JipJap Stam

If, as has been rumoured, the FA reduce our allocation to say 27500 tickets, and we have 29,000 season ticket holder with 7/7.... why it is a joke?
Well it's not exactly fair on the red season ticket holders who have been every home game and carnt apply for away tickets , not only that we are constantly being moved in the cup games so that's why I think it's a joke mate

ZupZup

Ok thanks. I only have 3 so I don’t think I’ll stand a chance sadly! But you have to have at least 7 credits? I’m going for cat 2 so hoping people go for lower lol
You will almost certainly get a ticket with 3 away applications if you have 7 credits... there will be a good number which don't have any as there will still be a lot of red ST holders.

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
You will almost certainly get a ticket with 3 away applications if you have 7 credits... there will be a good number which don't have any as there will still be a lot of red ST holders.
My 3 are Europa league final, city and semi final. Lol will these 3 fixtures stand or just city?

ZupZup

My 3 are Europa league final, city and semi final. Lol will these 3 fixtures stand or just city?
I suspect just City... but even one application will put you ahead of a large number of fans. I reckon a good number with no away applications will get sorted also.

oldhand

If, as has been rumoured, the FA reduce our allocation to say 27,500 tickets, and we have 29,000 season ticket holders with 7/7.... why it is a joke?
Last time we had 30k for 28k seats and eventually, everyone was offered one from cancellations/clubs allowance, so ratio is very similar

Anyone who has applied for 1 away will be ok for sure since there must be thousands of reds and others who have not applied for away.

A significant amount of those Reds/other zeros will get tickets in a ballot, most others have a real chance of getting a callback

Unlikely those who opted out of Burton will get any apart from possibly very last minute returns

It is possible that those with most aways will get priority for their choice of category if tickets are allocated in that order

Reactions: Rood

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ridiculous prices - especially considering that the FA promised to review pricing following complaints about the price rises for the semi final. Plus there are hardly any in the cheapest price band and even many of the second cheapest are in the top teir.

Dont even dream about it unless you are season ticket holder and even then you are not guaranteed
Sweet! I will stop dreaming then lol.

Well it's not exactly fair on the red season ticket holders who have been every home game and carnt apply for away tickets , not only that we are constantly being moved in the cup games so that's why I think it's a joke mate
So how would you get 29,000 out of just 27,500?

And as for being moved for the FA Cup, what are the club supposed to do? It’s FA rules for away allocation and you bought your ST knowing that was the case :confused:

mark_a

My pal I go with to the match is in the same boat as me, 7 cup credits but not applied for any aways. I'm thinking we'd be better off applying separately? Now that I've typed that, I'm not sure what my thinking was! Ah yeah, I was thinking that we'd have more chance individually than together as I'm assuming joint application means seated together/near?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My pal I go with to the match is in the same boat as me, 7 cup credits but not applied for any aways. I'm thinking we'd be better off applying separately? Now that I've typed that, I'm not sure what my thinking was! Ah yeah, I was thinking that we'd have more chance individually than together as I'm assuming joint application means seated together/near?
That sounds fraught with issues. One gets in one doesn't. If you both get in you're both sat on your own etc.

There's surely loads in the same boat as you chaps (including me), be it first 3 years season ticket holders, or those who simply didn't apply for an away
Fingers crossed!

It sounds encouraging that 2 years ago they found a way for full credits people to go.

JipJap Stam

So how would you get 29,000 out of just 27,500?

And as for being moved for the FA Cup, what are the club supposed to do? It’s FA rules for away allocation and you bought your ST knowing that was the case :confused:
Good one you are aint ya lol nothing gets past you lol Thing is they keep moving us to shit parts of the ground with all the prawn sandwich brigade , I'm in my final season as a red season ticket holder and have managed to get tickets for last 5 trips in 3 years to Wembley and bit worried I'm gonna miss out on this one as they've changed the goal posts this year. They didn't do this for the final in 2016.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Good one you are aint ya lol nothing gets past you lol Thing is they keep moving us to shit parts of the ground with all the prawn sandwich brigade , I'm in my final season as a red season ticket holder and have managed to get tickets for last 5 trips in 3 years to Wembley and bit worried I'm gonna miss out on this one as they've changed the goal posts this year. They didn't do this for the final in 2016.
Yeah this is the first time theyve done it as I recall which points to a lot people who would’ve be eligible in the old system. You just have to hope the increased prices put a lot of people off.

oldhand

They did it for 2007 FA Cup final which was ironically against Chelsea.
Stockholm was similar, you needed a Euro credit, so those who applied for Liverpool Europa (or any other) got in.

I've heard a rumour they are going to include a credit for the semi, which if that is correct, anybody on full home credits who went to the semi will probably get a ticket.
The other bad news for fans is that there are not a lot of £45 tickets and i'm guessing most of them could go to people on maximum away apps if they do it in that order, meaning a lot of people are going to end up with higher priced tickets than they requested, not just £80 but £115 since there are so many more of those,both lower and upper ones.

But you’re not offering any better solutions @JipJap Stam, that’s what I’m saying. Apparently we will get less tickets than 2016, so the club are trying to find the ”fairest” way to ensure success based on loyalty. It also seems like there’s a lot more ST holders with all home cup games than in 2016 due to only having played one home game in the league cup. It might well be 35,000+ with full home credits.

What would you do?

And what would you do about having to offer up 15% of the stadium for FA Cup games according to FA rules? Where do you want them to move you because Stretty & East Lower are chocka block with ST holders.

I get the frustration, I missed out on the EL final last year with full home credits because I had no Euro away, but I wasn’t on here calling it a joke, it just it was it is and those with euro away credits deserved it more than me.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
On holiday for the final so cannot go, but these prices man. I think I’d be returning all but the cheapest tier. Got to draw the line somewhere.

Stu1975

The rise in ticket prices for the final is a take on as is the allocation for the F.A. Cup.

I doubt I’ll get one which is a shame as it was amazing on Saturday at Wembley but there ya go.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Same boat. All cup games and zero aways.

JipJap Stam

But you’re not offering any better solutions @JipJap Stam, that’s what I’m saying. Apparently we will get less tickets than 2016, so the club are trying to find the ”fairest” way to ensure success based on loyalty. It also seems like there’s a lot more ST holders with all home cup games than in 2016 due to only having played one home game in the league cup. It might well be 35,000+ with full home credits.

What would you do?

And what would you do about having to offer up 15% of the stadium for FA Cup games according to FA rules? Where do you want them to move you because Stretty & East Lower are chocka block with ST holders.

I get the frustration, I missed out on the EL final last year with full home credits because I had no Euro away, but I wasn’t on here calling it a joke, it just it was it is and those with euro away credits deserved it more than me.
I understand what your saying mate

Just applied for tickets and they are using last Saturday game as a away game so hopefully gives me a better chance now as there was a lot of returns for the semifinal