All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

oldhand

It's 100% the first time in at least a decade that "domestic away points" have been used as criteria for cup final allocation.
No, not the first time but you are correct, aways were used for the FA Cup Final in 2007 when also too many on full home credits, incidentally, also against Chelsea

Decipher

The club allow you to use other people's season tickets as long as it's not an adult using a concessionary ticket eg. over 65. A friend of mine is a member but his Grandad, who is over 65, is a season ticket holder. If he can't make it then my mate goes in his place and has to call up United and pay the difference in price.

For away games this season they have also brought in a ticket forwarding systems but I imagine you can only receive tickets if you have a season ticket that is eligible for away games.
That does make it easier, I have to wait a few years before I can even apply for away games.

mark_a

Bloke at ticket office (I was calling to discuss something with season ticket) said that ticking the "If you wish to be seated within the family areas please tick the box provided." box may increase your chances of getting a ticket as it meant you were prepared to sit anywhere. Not sure about that? It's phrased as though it means "must sit in family area!"

Anyway, application done. I'm assuming that the logic is that pretty much whatever you apply for they'll "try" and give you that band ticket but that if they can't meet your 1st or 2nd choice that they just allocate a ticket at any price band?

hp88

Our group don’t know what to do about applying together as we have 7 with full credits but only two of us have 7 away applications, three have 5 and one has 4. So if we all apply together it will go down to the lowest (4) away application! Stupid way of doing it, we all went the semi and sat together!!
I am a selfish cnut :lol: I have got 10+ away games so I stuck in my application yesterday, there are couple of lads who I applied with for the semis but they haven't applied for a single away this season so I wasn't going to risk it. I am sure you will be OK with moving about once your in the stand.

Bloke at ticket office (I was calling to discuss something with season ticket) said that ticking the "If you wish to be seated within the family areas please tick the box provided." box may increase your chances of getting a ticket as it meant you were prepared to sit anywhere. Not sure about that? It's phrased as though it means "must sit in family area!"

Anyway, application done. I'm assuming that the logic is that pretty much whatever you apply for they'll "try" and give you that band ticket but that if they can't meet your 1st or 2nd choice that they just allocate a ticket at any price band?
I don't think it matters on which box you tick or which band you chose. Your name goes into the ballot if it gets pulled out they will try to give you a seat in your preferred area.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Roll on the day of judgement then!

29,000 credits for 28,000 tickets then.
Or do the execs have to be added to the 29,000?

It sounds decent odds on the face of it, before this complete pure mystery percentage of away applications, and whether the semi counts or not adds in.

Roll on the weekend/Monday!

oldhand

Roll on the day of judgement then!

29,000 credits for 28,000 tickets then.
Or do the execs have to be added to the 29,000?

It sounds decent odds on the face of it, before this complete pure mystery percentage of away applications, and whether the semi counts or not adds in.

Roll on the weekend/Monday!
Only it's not 28k considerbly less after players club and sponsors taken out, if it was 28k wouldn't be an issue

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ballot shuts 8am tomorrow morning then, so I guess we all start checking accounts from the evening onwards!
Best of luck all!

mark_a

As an aside, I just looked in the online system in my "Opt in history" and the 3 last things in it are Rolling Stones Concert , Soccer Aid For UNICEF & Billy Joel Concert ? I knew I was opted into cup games, but not the other stuff?! Is this the website being weird?

zed17

As an aside, I just looked in the online system in my "Opt in history" and the 3 last things in it are Rolling Stones Concert , Soccer Aid For UNICEF & Billy Joel Concert ? I knew I was opted into cup games, but not the other stuff?! Is this the website being weird?
I have the same. Take it with a pinch of salt!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Could you post the email here? Haven’t received anything yet.
Thank you for your application for the Emirates FA Cup Final against Chelsea.

As previously communicated, applications for the game closed at 8am this morning, and the ballot commenced immediately. Due to the large allocation, the ballot will be run intermittently until this Sunday 29th April. We will then communicate ballot results to you as soon as possible on Monday (there is no need to call and check in the meantime).

Thank you for your continued support.

Jordi

I take it that last seasons Europa League Final wouldn't count as an away for this year, would it? I have one failed away application this year but have all the home cup credits.

Last edited:

oldhand

I take it that last seasons Europa League Final wouldn't count as an away for this year, would it? I'm have one failed away application this year but have all the home cup credits.
No ...but you'll be ok with 1 failed application

Andy_Cole

It’s funny, always learnt a new lesson in previous years. Didn’t get the last FA Cup because I opted out of cup games. Then didn’t get Europa final (fuming) because I didn’t apply for any Euro aways. This season I’ve applied to most domestic and Euro aways. So now should get every cup final! By the way the only domestic away tickets I’ve got this season is Arsenal away, so everyone may as well apply to every game. Likely you would get fobbed anyway.

JonSlu

Results seem to be coming out now. My dad and I both separately got in the categories we wanted, I'm singing section. You can either log in online and look at Account History or call 0161 868 8007, put in membership now plus # and then 1, 4, 1.

However nothing is showing up yet for a friend of mine who also applied, has all 7 credits but hasn't applied for any aways this season including the semi final.

http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-pla...mbers-exact-concert-chart-high-resolution.htm

If you go on the above link, you can get an idea of where you're sitting.

SocccerNomics

Got mine as did my brother. Not exec. First choice category. Had 5 away applications this season including the semi.

EverReddy

Good luck to everyone in ballot for final. Have a couple for Arsenal on Sunday. N stand, 2nd tier, about half way back, level with centre circle. Face value is £46 - call it £90 for the pair. Am posting elsewhere also first come first served. Meet at the ground - I'm in next seat.

philipos

Got first choice (Cat 1) with about 8 away applications. Showing up on my credit card.

EverReddy

Good luck to everyone in ballot for final. Have a couple for Arsenal on Sunday. N stand, 2nd tier, about half way back, level with centre circle. Face value is £46 - call it £90 for the pair. Am posting elsewhere also first come first served. Meet at the ground - I'm in next seat.
these have gone now. Cheers.

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
What time will they stop taking money tonight? Haha I’m fed up of checking my bank now. My friend who’s on my application only has 1 Away (the semi) I only have 2. I’m doubtful we will be successful!