All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

oldhand

The travel is also putting me off too to be honest. Also the roadworks around the ground are a nightmare. We left early against West Ham, missed Pogba's goal and were stuck in traffic/roadworks around the ground from 6pm until 8.15ish. Its a nightmare getting out anyway but these roadworks have made things worse
I had a celebratory drink in my exec suite until around 6.40, walked to the ship canal past loads of stationary cars, crossed to the Lowry centre where I parked, paid £6 and drove straight out, was on the m602 motorway just after 7 and home 7.20 simple, no delay at all.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Successful in Southampton ballot :drool: Now to break it to my better half, her birthday is the following Monday. Whoops :devil:

robinrooney

1st application this season, 1st chubbing. 50% success rate for standard season ticket holders as well.

Last edited:

oldhand

My third rejection, percentages getting higher so some have been lucky at least twice out of three

Thank you for your ticket application for our Premier League away game against Southampton. A random ballot has taken place and we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

A total of 6,151 tickets were applied for, but we only received an allocation of 3,303 tickets from Southampton. 10% of these tickets have been allocated to Executive Club Members, with 42% of applicants being successful for this fixture.

robinrooney

My third rejection, percentages getting higher so some have been lucky at least twice out of three

Thank you for your ticket application for our Premier League away game against Southampton. A random ballot has taken place and we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

A total of 6,151 tickets were applied for, but we only received an allocation of 3,303 tickets from Southampton. 10% of these tickets have been allocated to Executive Club Members, with 42% of applicants being successful for this fixture.
I know someone that's had 3/3

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I picked up my brother's replacement paper ticket about two years back. I picked it up on the Thursday before the game on the Saturday as he advised them he was working away during the week, and nominated myself to pick it up.
I have arranged for him to pick up a paper ticket on the day (if my replacement hasn't arrived in today's post). Where is the ticket office located at OT? Is it at the 'back' of the stadium? As in, down past the north stand? Just so I can give him decent directions

robinrooney

I have arranged for him to pick up a paper ticket on the day (if my replacement hasn't arrived in today's post). Where is the ticket office located at OT? Is it at the 'back' of the stadium? As in, down past the north stand? Just so I can give him decent directions
Ticket office is behind West stand opposite Red Cafe/Sir Alex statue

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Still looking for Stoke ticket(s).

Can repay the favour for another away later in the season. I often get spares due to applying on normal ST & execs.

PM me if you can help me out.

Ober tan

Looking to apply for CSKA away to get my credits up and running. I'm not intending to actually go to the game though (will cancel if I am successful). Does anyone know the likelihood of me being successful with 0 credits? Also, can I get penalised for applying for all 3 aways and cancelling if successful?

Quizierda

I know it's a long shot but I would be looking for one ticket against Spurs at home.
Anny help/idea is highly appreciated!

oldhand

Looking to apply for CSKA away to get my credits up and running. I'm not intending to actually go to the game though (will cancel if I am successful). Does anyone know the likelihood of me being successful with 0 credits? Also, can I get penalised for applying for all 3 aways and cancelling if successful?
Moscow may be risky due to short notice and visa requirements/costs. Much easier than last year in Rostov but the warning is very few went there, some with 0 credits, others no chance, will need a number of points, guessing but probably more than 3

Ober tan

Reckon it'll be worth applying for them

Last edited:

JmRssll555

Reckon it'll be worth applying for them all just so I end up with 3 credit afterwards? I'm not that bothered about actually going to any of them and don't want to go to Moscow.
I believe when we last played Moscow under LVG, everyone who applied for the away game got a ticket. The Russian visa requirements and cost will put people off going, never mind the potential for trouble.

If you were successful in the ballot and then cancelled your ticket, I think that prevents you from applying for any future away games this season. That may not still be the case, but pretty sure that is how it used to work. There has to be some deterrent to stop people applying with no intention of going, like you are considering.

Ober tan

Was that not only if you were successful but didn't turn up to the game without cancelling?

Last edited:

DuncanEd

You WILL get a ticket for CSKA. You will NOT get credits if you do not show your passport/visa at ticket office proving you flew to the country.

Reckon it'll be worth applying for them all just so I end up with 3 credit afterwards? I'm not that bothered about actually going to any of them and don't want to go to Moscow.
This is hilarious. Why are you bothering applying then? Do you not want to actually watch a team you claim to support in europe? Bizarre.

Jordi

Bit of a long shot here folks, but if you don't ask you don't receive.

I have two season tickets in J Stand but have another pal tagging along for Benfica and CSKA game. If anyone has a spare going in J Stand or nearby can you please give me a shout.

RedNed77

I'm after a couple of tickets for today's game if anybody has any last minute issues and can't make it. PM me if available.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
HELP? I've just realised that I've left my season ticket at our holiday home, which is to far now to travel back to. Will I be able to get a paper ticket on the day?

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
HELP? I've just realised that I've left my season ticket at our holiday home, which is to far now to travel back to. Will I be able to get a paper ticket on the day?
Panic over got to collect a paper ticket from the ticket office! :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Probably an obvious answer, but never relevant before now, as I've always opted out of League cup/Europa League for my years of season tickets....

This year I've stayed in for the league cup, and now that the first cup payment has come out I presume I can apply in away game ballots?

if I apply for a pair, would it have to be both myself and the other named season ticket holder who go? Would any ID collections be just for me, or for both of us?
I act as the focal point for the two tickets for any situations/issues for home games, is that the same for away?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Couple of quick questions for season ticket holders and apologies in advance if they're stupid questions.

1) How do ST holders apply for away tickets?
2) If an ST holder is successful for tickets, can I (non ST holder) go in his place?

I have a mate who is a season ticket holder but never applies for away games, as he doesn't want to go for some reason. He's told me if I apply for him, any ticket he gets, I can have. So I'm just wondering if it's an easy process to apply and would it be a plausible idea?

robinrooney

Probably an obvious answer, but never relevant before now, as I've always opted out of League cup/Europa League for my years of season tickets....

This year I've stayed in for the league cup, and now that the first cup payment has come out I presume I can apply in away game ballots?

if I apply for a pair, would it have to be both myself and the other named season ticket holder who go? Would any ID collections be just for me, or for both of us?
I act as the focal point for the two tickets for any situations/issues for home games, is that the same for away?
If you have to collect, you will both have to show individual ID's to collect the tickets as they are issued against the ST holder. You can't collect a ticket that is applied for in another ST holders name

robinrooney

Couple of quick questions for season ticket holders and apologies in advance if they're stupid questions.

1) How do ST holders apply for away tickets?
2) If an ST holder is successful for tickets, can I (non ST holder) go in his place?

I have a mate who is a season ticket holder but never applies for away games, as he doesn't want to go for some reason. He's told me if I apply for him, any ticket he gets, I can have. So I'm just wondering if it's an easy process to apply and would it be a plausible idea?
You can apply over the phone or online. In theory you could go using the ticket but if there are ID checks your mate could be in trouble. Also, United randomly select people to collect the ticket from the away ground. You have to show ID to collect. If your mate doesn't turn up he would be banned from applying for aways. If he decides to cancel the ticket once he gets the letter to say he has to collect, he will have to collect every away ticket he is successful for for 1 year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you have to collect, you will both have to show individual ID's to collect the tickets as they are issued against the ST holder. You can't collect a ticket that is applied for in another ST holders name
Ta chap. Looks like the safest strategy is just applying myself here and there to be safe.
I can't remember what the odds are these days, but seem to be better? Maybe 1 in 4 rather than 1 in about 10 chances?

DuncanEd

You can apply over the phone or online. In theory you could go using the ticket but if there are ID checks your mate could be in trouble. Also, United randomly select people to collect the ticket from the away ground. You have to show ID to collect. If your mate doesn't turn up he would be banned from applying for aways. If he decides to cancel the ticket once he gets the letter to say he has to collect, he will have to collect every away ticket he is successful for for 1 year.
Robs spot on here but one thing i'm not so sure about. Dunno what he means by ID checks.

I have yet to see anyone in all my years going to aways being asked for ID at any ground which is then linked to the ticket.

Yeah sure ID for euro aways or if you get a letter to collect but never ever random ID checks.

If your doing anything criminal and caught (coke, damage to property, flares etc) then yes you will be removed and asked for ID and your ticket.

robinrooney

Robs spot on here but one thing i'm not so sure about. Dunno what he means by ID checks.

I have yet to see anyone in all my years going to aways being asked for ID at any ground which is then linked to the ticket.

Yeah sure ID for euro aways or if you get a letter to collect but never ever random ID checks.

If your doing anything criminal and caught (coke, damage to property, flares etc) then yes you will be removed and asked for ID and your ticket.
I heard they were doing random ID checks inside the ground last season or the season before. I have not personally seen it myself.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you 'losing' your ticket once inside the ground if you are using someone else's.

GlasgowRedz

I have my ST going spare for the Basel game on the 12th of September.

PM for details.