All ticket/travel information thread - 2017/18 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Quizierda

Hey guys another long shot from my end:

Anyone with a spare for the Moscow game in December in/nearby J-Stand?
Any help would be highly appreciated

JmRssll555

I am driving to the first CL home game and I've never taken the car before, so I'm not sure where is best to park. I know there are a handful of places on the road from Sam Platts (RIP) to the Imperial War Museum, but where would be easiest for a quick getaway at full time?

GlasgowRedz

I am driving to the first CL home game and I've never taken the car before, so I'm not sure where is best to park. I know there are a handful of places on the road from Sam Platts (RIP) to the Imperial War Museum, but where would be easiest for a quick getaway at full time?
I normally park in an industrial estate on King William Street/Aubrey St for £6. From there it's easy to get onto Trafford Road and the M602 up to the M6.

Roughly 20m walk to the stadium, at a decent pace.

I've parked in a few places and that is by far and away the best for a quick getaway.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
How hard is it to get tickets to CL games, with a membership? My dad and I want to go to the Benfica home game and we're wondering if we'll get tickets easily in the j stand or Stretford end using our membership....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our man above sounds like he knows what's doing, but my favourite option is bypassing the local area and getting the metro. 15min walk, and they quickly disperse the crowd if you're going away from Manchester direction.
Altrincham is my favoured station, with a massive carpark, free on Sundays or after a certain time on midweeks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How hard is it to get tickets to CL games, with a membership? My dad and I want to go to the Benfica home game and we're wondering if we'll get tickets easily in the j stand or Stretford end using our membership....
Probably a good chance of a ticket, but not necessarily for those areas.

Whatsername

Bear in mind that if you're driving into that area there are roadworks and road closures for a new Metro route, I think they're expected to last for around 3 years.

gormless

I bought two a few days ago no problem, and there appeared to be loads of tickets left. Not sure about specific areas though

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Have they definitely processed payments for the Burton game yet? Just checked and they haven't taken mine and I am opted in for LC.

Edit: Just rang and they are processing payments today and tomorrow so not sure why people were saying payments had been taken last week!

Last edited:

oldhand

I park across water in Lowry centre, 10-15 min walk and avoids the mess the other side and quick out after match onto m602 (best to use end entrance and park on lowest floor), if u need any more info dm me, about £5/6, depends how long you are there

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
My gamble on buying a CL ticket before the draw hasn't paid off. CSKA at home in what will most likely be a dead rubber sandwiched between Arsenal and City games. Sake

JmRssll555

I normally park in an industrial estate on King William Street/Aubrey St for £6. From there it's easy to get onto Trafford Road and the M602 up to the M6.

Roughly 20m walk to the stadium, at a decent pace.

I've parked in a few places and that is by far and away the best for a quick getaway.
Our man above sounds like he knows what's doing, but my favourite option is bypassing the local area and getting the metro. 15min walk, and they quickly disperse the crowd if you're going away from Manchester direction.
Altrincham is my favoured station, with a massive carpark, free on Sundays or after a certain time on midweeks.
Bear in mind that if you're driving into that area there are roadworks and road closures for a new Metro route, I think they're expected to last for around 3 years.
I park across water in Lowry centre, 10-15 min walk and avoids the mess the other side and quick out after match onto m602 (best to use end entrance and park on lowest floor), if u need any more info dm me, about £5/6, depends how long you are there
Thanks, very helpful!

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
I'll have my season ticket spare for the CL games against Benfica and Moscow. I've managed to get a day off for the 1st game against Basle.
PM me closer to the time

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Now that Uber is one of our sponsers, where is the official Uber drop off/pick up point around the stadium?

GlasgowRedz

Now that Uber is one of our sponsers, where is the official Uber drop off/pick up point around the stadium?
I saw the signs for it at the car park on Victoria Place in behind the Premier Inn car park. That used to be the "E3" car park if that means anything to you.

Looked a shambles round there on Sunday. Loads of roadworks going on.

Ady87

Looking for 2 to any our CL group games if possible? Will consider any seats, looking to take my new girlfriend to show her what it's all about as she is showing an interest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have they definitely processed payments for the Burton game yet? Just checked and they haven't taken mine and I am opted in for LC.

Edit: Just rang and they are processing payments today and tomorrow so not sure why people were saying payments had been taken last week!
Are you sure people weren't meaning champs league payments were taken last week? I mentioned that, if i'm one of the people you meant!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Are you sure people weren't meaning champs league payments were taken last week? I mentioned that, if i'm one of the people you meant!
No idea, I initially just saw a load of the jokes on Twitter about payment going out the next morning when the draw was made. It seems a payment did go out but it was the CL one like you say. I hadn't seen £28 (usual LC price) go out so was worried I had accidentally opted out by mistake so was starting to panic! Seems odd for United to wait so long though, they are usually like hounds as soon as we're drawn.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I've never been to a game at Old Trafford :nervous: however I want to put that right. How does a non-member go about getting 2 tickets to any home game?

McDonagh707

When is the allocation for Benfica away likely to be released or does anyone have any ideas on the size of the allocation?

Last edited:

DuncanEd

Do I not actually want to watch the team in Europe? What a daft question. I am literally applying to these games to get my credit score up to ALLOW ME TO WATCH MY TEAM IN EUROPE.

Looking to apply for CSKA away to get my credits up and running. I'm not intending to actually go to the game though (will cancel if I am successful).
Moscow is a guaranteed ticket, in European competition and two credits but you clearly state you will cancel if you get a ticket.

That is what I find bizarre. Why not go?

Ober tan

Moscow is a guaranteed ticket, in European competition and two credits but you clearly state you will cancel if you get a ticket.

That is what I find bizarre. Why not go?
Because there is no way of me getting to Moscow. I am getting my credits up for games I will actually be able to attend.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
All right lads. Two tickets available in NW3434 for the cup game against Burton Albion on the 20th of Sept @ FV.

Don't come all at once.... ;)

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Two available for Basel. NW3434. FV.

PM me if interested. Ta

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I'm thinking of going to the Southampton game on 30th Sept. Want to book flights as soon as possible but scared to do so in case the fixture is changed! But if memory serves me correctly, all the teams play at 3pm on that day do they not? Or am I thinking of 2 days later (New Years Day)?

oldhand

Going to Moscow then, guess everybody got a ticket

Thank you for your ticket application for our away game against CSKA Moscow in the UEFA Champions League group stages.

The ballot has taken place and we are pleased to inform you that your application for 1 ticket(s) has been successful. The total cost of your ticket(s) is £22 and has been charged to the card details provided in the original application.

The deadline to provide the Club with the relevant name changes for your match ticket(s) is 5pm Sunday 3rd September. Please call 0161 868 8000 (selecting option 1 then 4) to complete these name changes.

In order to attend this game, each supporter must supply their travel details by completing our travel report before 8pm Wednesday 6th September. This is important information needed by both the club and the police, and unfortunately the match ticket will be cancelled if this information is not provided on time.

Ticket Delivery

There will not be a ticket collection point in Russia for this game, therefore all tickets will be posted via 'signed for' post. We have not yet received the tickets from CSKA Moscow, but we will communicate with you again to confirm when we expect to post your ticket as soon as possible.

DuncanEd

Because there is no way of me getting to Moscow. I am getting my credits up for games I will actually be able to attend.
Which is fair enough many cannot.

This game was pointless for you to apply for was my original point, you were 100% guaranteed to get a ticket for this and now you have to cancel it.

Going to Moscow then, guess everybody got a ticket
Indeed they would have. No one does these games except people like me who will do everything regardless and have the cash / holiday. If we see over 200 UK reds at this it would be a shock especially the short notice. I am over £700 out of pocket for this one game already not including drinking money when I get there.

If you are credit hunting games like this are utterly pointless to bother with as even with posting them out to you they expect you to show your passport with visa in it back at Old Trafford Ticket Office for the credits.

oldhand

This game was pointless for you to apply for was my original point, you were 100% guaranteed to get a ticket for this and now you have to cancel it.

Indeed they would have. No one does these games except people like me who will do everything regardless and have the cash / holiday. If we see over 200 UK reds at this it would be a shock especially the short notice. I am over £700 out of pocket for this one game already not including drinking money when I get there.

If you are credit hunting games like this are utterly pointless to bother with as even with posting them out to you they expect you to show your passport with visa in it back at Old Trafford Ticket Office for the credits.
£700 sounds a bit steep, looking at doing it for about £500 now club will pay my visa costs

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Well lads, something has cropped up for me and I can no longer go to Southampton away. Absolutely gutted. Any chance anyone willing to swap for Huddersfield away (in case I'm not successful in the ballot)? I'll pay the difference and all that if price will end up different.

Ober tan

Yeah fair enough. Will still be applying for the other 2 even though there is virtually no chance of getting a ticket. Suppose i'll get 2 credits from it on the bright side.