Alvaro Morata

NewYorkRed

I mean he is the definition of an above average to average footballer, but as a backup…better than nothing right? He’s technically sound so if he’s in the team to get 10 a year and link up with our other attackers then I wouldn’t be opposed to him for around 10ish mil.

OT_United

His link up play is brilliant, i'd take a chance on him for less than £20m.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
This man has the greatest agent of all time!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was one of those who wanted him over lukaku at the time. I think he’s a good footballer if not much of a good footballer. He holds the line well, good in the air, brings others into play. Could work well in an ETH system. For a loan or low fee I’d take a punt

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Every time I open the caf there’s a different non-descript strikers name at the top of it. Half expecting to come back later and see Ashley Barnes up there.

RVN1991

Not suited for the Premier League as his stint in Chelsea showed us. Would rather play the kids than bring in gash like Morata, Arnautovic or Rabiot.

Mainoldo

Not suited for the Premier League as his stint in Chelsea showed us. Would rather play the kids than bring in gash like Morata, Arnautovic or Rabiot.
Name me the successful number 9’s there.

marktan

If we sign him we might as well delete the club and give up. Man can't finish his breakfast, why the hell would we want him? I'd take 40 year old Arnautovic over him.

RVN1991

Name me the successful number 9’s there.
Granted but is it because Chelsea have bought shit strikers or because of some strikers curse? Torres was finished before joining Chelsea, Lukaku has been shit and a flat track bully his entire career, Morata is shit and hasn't done anything of note since leaving Chelsea, Batshuayi is shit, Werner was known to need five chances to score one before joining Chelsea, Falcao? Giroud? Higuain? who went on to do better than what they did at Chelsea? The only one is Tammy Abraham.

Mainoldo

Granted but is it because Chelsea have bought shit strikers or because of some strikers curse? Torres was finished before joining Chelsea, Lukaku has been shit and a flat track bully his entire career, Morata is shit and hasn't done anything of note since leaving Chelsea, Batshuayi is shit, Werner was known to need five chances to score one before joining Chelsea, Falcao? Giroud? Higuain? who went on to do better than what they did at Chelsea? The only one is Tammy Abraham.
Yeah I was being tongue and cheek but strikers don’t do well there regardless. Haaland would probably fail their.

Morata is a crap finisher but his all round game is perfect for ETH football whilst he builds this team. We just need a link man.

Plus if CR7 stays he loves working off strikers like Morata. He’ll be smiling from ear to ear if this is true. Morata might not be though :lol:

OverratedOpinion

He's not a donkey.

He's just not very good at putting the ball in the net, which is his job.
Feels like a very 90s view of strikers.

What if having a player as good at everything else and makes our attack cohesive helps Sancho, Martial/Ronaldo and Rashford to score an extra 5 - 10 each and Morata scores 15-20 himself?

Not saying it would necessarily (definitely would help) but I think to totally write off any striker because they don't get 25 a season is a bit of an over simplification.

redcucumber

I mentioned it before but Liverpool were able to sign their once all conquering frontline of Mané, Firmino and Salah before they were back in business. Is the market so barren that the likes of Arnautovic and Morata is the best we can do, or is our recruitment process still woefully inadequate?

ChorltonReds

He scored 20 for real while Ronaldo was there
He was the darling of the US data guys when he was younger, who were all convinced he'd become a goal scoring monster. But he never followed through.

His highest league total is 15 goals for Real in 2016/17 (admittedly from not many starts); and his next best is 12 for Atletico in 2019/20.

The fact is there is no point in signing a 29 year old striker who has only managed more than 12 leagues goals once in his career.

Redfrog

Jesus people buying into every bloody tweet now. Can’t wait for the window to close, fans doing my head in more the the owners, not sure how it’s possible…..
You have been brainwashed by Glazers I see.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
No fanx. I actually think he'd be pretty good in a ETH system, but his likely wage and his obvious limitations in terms of goal scoring potential, it's enough to be a fat no.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe we can loan him and get a freebie for once

Redfrog

He had a decent spell ar Juve but they ended up investing in Vlahovic and didn’t have the money for him. Think AM are ok with €25m but won’t loan him. I think around 20m may be possible. He is not going to score a ton of goals but if he can bring Bruno, Rash and Sancho in play, there could be a rationale. I don’t think this is the worst signing in the world
So there is no chance we score a goal at all…

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Please god no. He is utterly shite. We have enough players who can’t finish at our club. Don’t need to add another one.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can’t we mug someone off with a loan and option to buy deal, just for once?

Oranges038

Feels like a very 90s view of strikers.

What if having a player as good at everything else and makes our attack cohesive helps Sancho, Martial/Ronaldo and Rashford to score an extra 5 - 10 each and Morata scores 15-20 himself?

Not saying it would necessarily (definitely would help) but I think to totally write off any striker because they don't get 25 a season is a bit of an over simplification.
Maybe it is.

But the reality is, he's a striker who can't be trusted to put chances away. Just like Martial and Rashford.

No idea why anyone would want to add another one into that mix.

Gandalf

Arnautovic was absolutely better in England that's for sure. But I'm sure you've seen lots of Arnautovic to come to your conclusion...
Morata 47 PL Games 16 Goals
Marko 184 PL Games 43 Goals

It is just one stat but frankly you would have to be stoned out of your mind or Austrian not to realize that Morata is by far the better player.

CM

Can’t we mug someone off with a loan and option to buy deal, just for once?
Hear hear. The only time I remember us doing it was with Falcao, and that was only because he was recovering from a bad injury.

It feels like we've had some club or other do this to us most summers for the last decade, now it's our turn to exploit it. We aren't in a strong enough position to be spending silly money on players we aren't wholly convinced by.

Trequarista10

It is just one stat but frankly you would have to be stoned out of your mind or Austrian not to realize that Morata is by far the better player.
Arnautovic played most of those games on the wing for Stoke tbf. Goal ratio at West Ham where he played upfront was similiar to Morata's at Chelsea.

I agree Morata is probably better than Arnautovic is (or ever was), but they aren't that far apart.

rizx

I've been always wondering, how can such weak player fool so many top clubs. Now we're about to get the bait.. :confused:

Godfather

Don't know what these stats are supposed to prove other than there's not much between them. Anrautovic also played for a vastly worse team and often on the wing. There simply isn't much between them from a pure footballing side of things. So the narrative tut Morata is "by far" the better player is simply wrong. He isn't, never was and never will be.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Don't know what these stats are supposed to prove other than there's not much between them. Anrautovic also played for a vastly worse team and often on the wing. There simply isn't much between them from a pure footballing side of things. So the narrative tut Morata is "by far" the better player is simply wrong. He isn't, never was and never will be.
What does that tell you

city-puma

I was one of those who wanted him over lukaku at the time. I think he’s a good footballer if not much of a good footballer. He holds the line well, good in the air, brings others into play. Could work well in an ETH system. For a loan or low fee I’d take a punt
Me too. I still remember he posted pictures as he thought his move to us has been completed.