6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

Moves very well, good weight of pass, has his head up quickly to spot one. My expectations real high. I'd say right now RW is less of a concern in terms of transfers than centre back, a #6, a right back who can platoon with Wan-Bissaka and provide better passing and attacking play. Atalanta only playing him when they're desperate dispels any worries about that for me. That's exactly what an Italian club would do with a super talented kid they're losing in January. Punish him and not expend any time developing him with game time, but accept that he's a good option off the bench and using him if they really, really need a spark with 20 to go.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Moves very well, good weight of pass, has his head up quickly to spot one. My expectations real high. I'd say right now RW is less of a concern in terms of transfers than centre back, a #6, a right back who can platoon with Wan-Bissaka and provide better passing and attacking play. Atalanta only playing him when they're desperate dispels any worries about that for me. That's exactly what an Italian club would do with a super talented kid they're losing in January. Punish him and not expend any time developing him with game time, but accept that he's a good option off the bench and using him if they really, really need a spark with 20 to go.
EPL clubs tend to love keeping their brightest gems around as much as they can (ie Greenwood, Rashy and Co) . Serie A clubs tend to loan kids as fast as they can. They think it builds character and will act as an incentive for kids to work hard to return home. Most Serie A clubs lack money so they do tend to play loaned players as well

Before we swooped in, Diallo was set to be loaned to Parma. Parma has a great reputation of developing kids. We probably were against such course of action which lead to Atalanta keeping a player whom they weren't banking upon this season

HowYouDoin

Havent been this excited about a player since we got Ronaldo. For real.
I remember calling my friend when we got Ronaldo and being super excited about it and he was like...wait whos that haha

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yep, the fact the keep chucking him into matches where they need a goal is a very positive sign - and he's certainly had an impact on the matches too. Not just hiding for 10-15 minutes.

I don't think we should be expecting him to start straight away, but an option of the bench to start with while he gets used to the league will be the right way IMO.

I know people got frustrated about VDB but I think Ole played that well also. No need to pile pressure on him being a flop while he adjusts.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
EPL clubs tend to love keeping their brightest gems around as much as they can (ie Greenwood, Rashy and Co) . Serie A clubs tend to loan kids as fast as they can. They think it builds character and will act as an incentive for kids to work hard to return home. Most Serie A clubs lack money so they do tend to play loaned players as well

Before we swooped in, Diallo was set to be loaned to Parma. Parma has a great reputation of developing kids. We probably were against such course of action which lead to Atalanta keeping a player whom they weren't banking upon this season
I read somewhere that we wanted Parma deal initially and then go for him but when it fell through, we swooped in to avoid any competition.

Do you think loaning out Greenwood would be better move? Rashford scenario has worked out but the amount of criticism he faced has led me to believe that loaning them out, away from media glare might be better option forward. Not all kids are mentally strong as Rashford is.

Lentwood

Do you think loaning out Greenwood would be better move? Rashford scenario has worked out but the amount of criticism he faced has led me to believe that loaning them out, away from media glare might be better option forward. Not all kids are mentally strong as Rashford is.
The difference here being though that Greenwood is a genuinely world-class talent - whereas Rashford is generally middling to good. For me, Greenwood is already the better player

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just because someone doesn’t share your values doesn’t make them a dickhead. The two players you compared him to carry more responsibility personally and professionally than you do, and they carry that weight impeccably. You might have issues with their form or performance but in terms of how they conduct themselves they are impeccable professionals. Because they might have different personality traits and values to you doesn’t make them a dickhead....in fact I’d offer that your post is more in keeping with that.

UmbroDays

Just because someone doesn’t share your values doesn’t make them a dickhead. The two players you compared him to carry more responsibility personally and professionally than you do, and they carry that weight impeccably. You might have issues with their form or performance but in terms of how they conduct themselves they are impeccable professionals. Because they might have different personality traits and values to you doesn’t make them a dickhead....in fact I’d offer that your post is more in keeping with that.
Wouldn't bother mate - I know the types that are making those types of comments on players like Pogba, Lingard & Sancho

SATA

Is he actually a United player officially? Why is this in the United section? I think he's still a Atalanta player until his work permit issues are sorted?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is he actually a United player officially? Why is this in the United section? I think he's still a Atalanta player until his work permit issues are sorted?
I thought they were sorted, but he can't officially enter the country for work until Jan :confused:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Just needed adding, as it isn’t fact.
It's a football forum, it's a place to voice your opinion and engage in discussion, it really didn't need to he added that it was his opinion, otherwise every post would need to end with "in my opinion".

In my opinion of course.

GledTheRed

He comes accross a dickhead, I don't want a dickhead at my club. He broke covid regs to go to a party and cried off sick when when we showed interest and has barely put a shift in since.

Raven

He comes accross a dickhead, I don't want a dickhead at my club. He broke covid regs to go to a party and cried off sick when when we showed interest and has barely put a shift in since.
Who pissed in your cornflakes? The guy's 20.

Raven

Yeah he's 20 and should know better.
I don't know what type of 20 year old you were/are but it would be weird if he wasn't a bit of a maggot. At that age, Rooney was banging grannies and Ronnie was hosting sex parties. Guess what? They usually grow out of it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I read somewhere that we wanted Parma deal initially and then go for him but when it fell through, we swooped in to avoid any competition.

In an ideal world it would. It would have allowed Greenwood to grow in a more 'humbling' environment away from the spot lights and the pressure of playing for Manchester United. However what works in the Serie A doesn't necessarily work in the EPL. The Serie A is poorer then the EPL. In the Serie A there is a certain guarantee that smaller clubs would play talented loaned players. If they use loaned players as extra bodies like Newcastle did to us with Rossi then no one would ever loan them any players any more. That would be a disaster for a typical small Serie a club who work on a ridiculous small budget and therefore they rely heavily on these type of players to survive.

I know that what I will be saying is controversial but the EPL is too rich for its own good. Leicester or Villa shouldn't be in a position to hold talent into ransom as they did with Maguire and Graelish. Big clubs should be comfortable loaning or even selling players to the smaller sides as that would mean more first team football for them and talented players should have quick access to the big clubs once they are ready for their next career step.

Fergie 7ime

Just needed adding, as it isn’t fact.
Maybe it isn't fact in the Insta unicorn universe created for 16 year old kids, but it is in the grown ups world. Like what we had in the Scholes, Giggs, Neville era. I think that is what we should aspire to, instead of 'dabs' and basketball sleeves. :houllier:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Maybe it isn't fact in the Insta unicorn universe created for 16 year old kids, but it is in the grown ups world. Like what we had in the Scholes, Giggs, Neville era. I think that is what we should aspire to, instead of 'dabs' and basketball sleeves. :houllier:
Giggs who invented rehearsed dancing goal celebrations?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Hasn't even arrived and already the thread is a bit of a mess. Hopefully the player is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.