6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Looks like he is playing in the U23s today.

I get why but all things considered the club did a terrible job at improving the team for this season. Cavani the only new starter in a team that had lots to improve upon.

We have to get better and recruitment.
I agree only Cavani has been an upgrade on what we already have but Telles and VdB have ensured that players don't get complacent with their performances, as they know their position within the team will be taken if the level drops, as we've seen with Shaw and Pogba this season.

Red_toad

Looks like he is playing in the U23s today.

I get why but all things considered the club did a terrible job at improving the team for this season. Cavani the only new starter in a team that had lots to improve upon.

We have to get better and recruitment.
Have you actually looked at the table? If you’re not seeing any improvement, I’d suggest you start by looking who’s on second place. Buying players isn’t the only way to improve a team?

Looking forward to Diallo continuing his United education.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Have you actually looked at the table? If you’re not seeing any improvement, I’d suggest you start by looking who’s on second place. Buying players isn’t the only way to improve a team?

Maybe he's in the wrong forum? A West Brom fan?

laughtersassassin

Yeah it's mostly been the regulars who have improved.

Then again, how many were signed to be starters?

Telles was always going to be rotation, Cavani likewise, not sure what VDB was intended to be but it hadn't worked out those far and then Pellestri and Diallo were for the future.

I think Sancho and/or Grealish were the targets but they never came to fruition.

I still have doubts over whether the club truly want to push for the title or are just content to finish top 4.
That's the point we weren't even trying to sign starters. How insane is that considering our quality last year?

It shows we aren't truly ambitious. Look at Liverpools summer. They where way more ambitious than us.

This summer is massive. I imagine we will sell Pogba and not replace him with a midfielder and then inevitably regress due to the fact McTominay and Fred is not a top midfield.

We should be looking to sign the likes of Grealish/Sancho or Halaand without Pogba leaving and if he leaves we should sign one of them and A top top midfielder to replace Pogba.

bsCallout

That's the point we weren't even trying to sign starters. How insane is that considering our quality last year?

It shows we aren't truly ambitious. Look at Liverpools summer. They where way more ambitious than us.

This summer is massive. I imagine we will sell Pogba and not replace him with a midfielder and then inevitably regress due to the fact McTominay and Fred is not a top midfield.

We should be looking to sign the likes of Grealish/Sancho or Halaand without Pogba leaving and if he leaves we should sign one of them and A top top midfielder to replace Pogba.
How were Liverpool more ambitious?

laughtersassassin

I didn't say we didn't improve as a team. I said we didn't look to improve the 11 that start which is fairly important when you aren't at the top.

When Liverpool and City are signing starters we need to too. Our team is getting better but it's not there yet.

Diallo a good signing when looked at on his own but our summer was a shambles of panicking in deadline day. Which is a clear sign we weren't very ambitious.

The reason we are better is because Shaw improved Massively, Pogba is more available etc etc. The point is we quite easily could have looked to improve more.

laughtersassassin

How were Liverpool more ambitious?
Jota and Thiago are fairly fecking ambitious signings coming off a title winning season.

Backup left back too. Context matters and that is a serious window after winning a title.

Anyway I have dragged this thread off track.

Looking forward to watching Diallo tonight. He was exciting versus Liverpool.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

On the one hand you could say that on the other if we had signed Grealish and/or Sancho then we would be.

I don't know why exactly those deals didn't happen but our plan B wasn't that great except for maybe Cavani in the short term.

bsCallout

Jota and Thiago are fairly fecking ambitious signings coming off a title winning season.

Backup left back too. Context natters and that is a serious window after winning a title.

Anyway I have dragged this thread off track.

Looking forward to watching Diallo tonight. He was exciting versus Liverpool.
Jota who was bought as backup to Firminho and Thiago who is an old player that doesn't fit their system?

We have a much younger squad that is still improving, we bought players to challenge them and help them do that.

We also tried to get Sancho but rightly avoiding the ridiculous fee.

This isn't FM.

laughtersassassin

Jota who was bought as backup to Firminho and Thiago who is an old player that doesn't fit their system?

We have a much younger squad that is still improving, we bought players to challenge them and help them do that.

We also tried to get Sancho but rightly avoiding the ridiculous fee.

This isn't FM.
Ah the this isn't FM line. Always an excuse.

Maybe a club shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket.

Mate, we had done next to nothing up to deadline day. You can't say it was a well though out or executed summer.

The attempt to salvage the summer has worked out but things certainly could have been much much better. Our club isn't good in the market.

bsCallout

Ah the this isn't FM line. Always an excuse.

Maybe a club shouldn't put all their eggs in one basket.

Mate, we had done next to nothing up to deadline day. You can't say it was a well though out or executed summer.

The attempt to salvage the summer has worked out but things certainly could have been much much better. Our club isn't good in the market.
It's not an excuse, it's facts, for people like you who seem to think you go and pick players off the shelf at bargain prices.

We had a clear target - Sancho. Like when Liverpool were after VVD didn't get anyone whilst they waited.

We then got a top CF to help our young forwards, a deal that was always available so no rush.

We also got a young VDB that we hope will add depth and quality to our squad.

We then identified a star RW 'before they were famous' and went and got him.

All while our own players have improved and not just been upgraded for fortunes, a la Mourinho.

laughtersassassin

It's not an excuse, it's facts, for people like you who seem to think you go and pick players off the shelf at bargain prices.

We had a clear target - Sancho. Like when Liverpool were after VVD didn't get anyone whilst they waited.

We then got a top CF to help our young forwards, a deal that was always available so no rush.

We also got a young VDB that we hope will add depth and quality to our squad.

We then identified a star RW 'before they were famous' and went and got him.

All while our own players have improved and not just been upgraded for fortunes, a la Mourinho.
People like me...... You are a strange one that's for sure.

Anyways Ole just confirmed Diallo is playing U23s tonight so looking forward to watching that. Blackburn are top of the league and we are 7th so could be a hard game. Hopefully he sees plenty of the ball.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Where's that gif of Michael Jackson in Thriller eating popcorn? :lol:
This place has been priceless

Red_toad

I didn't say we didn't improve as a team. I said we didn't look to improve the 11 that start which is fairly important when you aren't at the top.

When Liverpool and City are signing starters we need to too. Our team is getting better but it's not there yet.

Diallo a good signing when looked at on his own but our summer was a shambles of panicking in deadline day. Which is a clear sign we weren't very ambitious.

The reason we are better is because Shaw improved Massively, Pogba is more available etc etc. The point is we quite easily could have looked to improve more.
Any manager has to work within budgets and getting the best out of existing players is pretty vital. Our starting 11 has improved, you don’t just have to sign several players every season to progress. We have a young squad, we have to allow them time to develop. Players don’t become consistent over night.
Then there’s the whole we couldn’t get Sancho thing, so club tried and failed, so maybe it’s not so easy.
Was a shame Diallo wasn’t able to join in the summer, but we’re doing well so far, so there’s less pressure on him and Ole can allow him time to be ready.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't know if anyone bis watching but Amad is really something. Too good for Under 23s for sure
For 37m (including add ons) I sincerely hope he is. Hahahaha

I think he will make his first team debut off the bench in the cup vs Westham.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Don't know if anyone bis watching but Amad is really something. Too good for Under 23s for sure
Yeah been watching the game. Had a game of assists. The guy needs to get his break soon. Neville's nipper not looking too shabby either.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha the fecker just scored. Great goal! :drool: United now 6-4 up. Mejbri needs a chance too.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Looks extremely composed for an 18 year old. Wouldn't blame him for smashing it from that close in for 5-4 but he calmly waits and rolls it across for Shoretire.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like the type of profile that’s missing from a senior side — a creative right winger who can carry the ball. We really can’t be far off him getting senior minutes even two U23 matches deep now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Looks like the type of profile that’s missing from a senior side — a creative right winger who can carry the ball. We really can’t be far off him getting senior minutes even two U23 matches deep now.
not sure what else he can do to show he’s too good for this level. Blackburn are the league leaders. There’s nothing going to challenge him in the u23s

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
not sure what else he can do to show he’s too good for this level. Blackburn are the league leaders. There’s nothing going to challenge him in the u23s
Honestly — I think if we didn’t sign him and he ended up on loan at Parma this season he’d have followed it up with a move to one of the bigger sides in Italy in the way Kulusevski did the season before. Guy looks a serious talent.

Idxomer

He has so much to his game.

3 assists and a goal and at times didn't even look bothered. Football is too easy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.