View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Stadjer

Yeap. Happened twice now in two previous pre-seasons. I bet he is rushing his recovery process as we speak.
It cost him a potential very good loan to Feyenoord and now it has cost him the chance to play serious games for Manchester United. Very unlucky for him.

manhood

We are vague about everything now - maybe to minimise the media doom and gloom? I don’t think we have specific timelines provided for Mainoo, Shaw, Malacia or Varane either?
No, just likely club is trying to meet some HIPAA compliance of some sort.

Employee health status should not be public information anyway, be it in offices or in sport.

redcucumber

When is the earliest that we'll see him? Absolutely rotten luck for the boy, and us.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It cost him a potential very good loan to Feyenoord and now it has cost him the chance to play serious games for Manchester United. Very unlucky for him.
Yeap. Sometimes, talent may not be enough. Only shows that a huge dollop of luck is needed. My mum used to say: Better lucky than clever in life.

I think he would be much further down the track in terms of development if he didn't lose those opportunities.

Stadjer

Yeap. Sometimes, talent may not be enough. Only shows that a huge dollop of luck is needed. My mum used to say: Better lucky than clever in life.

I think he would be much further down the track in terms of development if he didn't lose those opportunities.
Yes i agree. Im not at the doom and gloom stage that some members on this site always seem to be but these injuries at the wrong moment could be the difference between Amad making it at Manchester United or not.

Diallo a full season at Feyenoord and developing under one of the best Dutch managers in Arne Slot would have been fantastic for his development. If you look at Feyenoord and Slot, many players developed very well during their period in Rotterdam. Instead he was injured and didnt play for the first half of the season before wasting the second half of the season at Rangers.

Last year was a good loan but now he already missed quite a few games and doesnt seem to return anytime soon. He has the perfect moment now to make a lot of minutes at the right wing with Antony, Sancho, Mount (?) and Greenwood not being options for various reason.

Young players do indeed need a bit of luck. They need to get a chance and usually they do get the chance because of injuries and he misses that moment. Amad is a talented player and he already showed some good moments (he did well against Milan if i remember correctly) but breaking into the team when everyone is fit is going to be difficult for any young player.

sglowrider

Yes i agree. Im not at the doom and gloom stage that some members on this site always seem to be but these injuries at the wrong moment could be the difference between Amad making it at Manchester United or not.

Diallo a full season at Feyenoord and developing under one of the best Dutch managers in Arne Slot would have been fantastic for his development. If you look at Feyenoord and Slot, many players developed very well during their period in Rotterdam. Instead he was injured and didnt play for the first half of the season before wasting the second half of the season at Rangers.

Last year was a good loan but now he already missed quite a few games and doesnt seem to return anytime soon. He has the perfect moment now to make a lot of minutes at the right wing with Antony, Sancho, Mount (?) and Greenwood not being options for various reason.

Young players do indeed need a bit of luck. They need to get a chance and usually they do get the chance because of injuries and he misses that moment. Amad is a talented player and he already showed some good moments (he did well against Milan if i remember correctly) but breaking into the team when everyone is fit is going to be difficult for any young player.
Slot >> ETH?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
With Antony and Sancho out this was the perfect opportunity for him to play regularly and stake a cliam, such bad timing to be out with an injury.

sglowrider

With Antony and Sancho out this was the perfect opportunity for him to play regularly and stake a cliam, such bad timing to be out with an injury.
He wont be available for at least another month. Then he has to get up to match fitness & sharpness. I wonder if we will need him to go on loan again in January?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He wont be available for at least another month. Then he has to get up to match fitness & sharpness. I wonder if we will need him to go on loan again in January?
Almost certainly will be kept around due to the uncertainty surrounding Antony and Sancho, if pre-season is any barometer then I expect ten Hag wants to give him a shot.

DanClancy

I'd imagine he'll replace Pellistri who has shown nothing to suggest he's a United player.

DanClancy

Pellestri is a lot more direct than Amad. Different sort of players
Pellistri is miles off been the desired level, perhaps that can change down the line but not seen anything to suggest he's good enough for United now.

sglowrider

Pellistri is miles off been the desired level, perhaps that can change down the line but not seen anything to suggest he's good enough for United now.
I think Amad is a better player, blessed with more technical talents than Pellestri. But I also don't think Amad's eventual role is on the RW either. Pellestri yes. But I think there is something to work with with Pellestri.

I am as critical of Pellestri as I am of Ganarcho.

Both seem to have only one gear/trick -- direct running down the wing. But teams have figured that out and his the 2nd season, you can crowd them into a cul-de-dac quite easily. Plus they both tend not to track back and/or lose their defensive assignments --- unless last night.
There is some glimmer of hope. They both can be developed to play both ends of the pitch. That was one of the more satisfying things of the match last night.

glasgow 21

Overhyped and over here. Diallo to me, will not make it here. I haven't seen anything other than an average player who has had more development plans than a Wimpey Estate.

macheda14

Overhyped and over here. Diallo to me, will not make it here. I haven't seen anything other than an average player who has had more development plans than a Wimpey Estate.
Did you watch any of his loan spell at Sunderland?

Brightonian

Very good, I can have my own opinion without being a WUM . See when or if Amad has been on the pitch for 10 games for more than 30 mins it may or may not change my mind but i aint holding my breath.
Well, @macheda14 asked you about Sunderland. Amad played 42 games, averaging 71 minutes a game. Named Sunderland Player of the Season and runner up for the Championship Young Player of the Season. I don't know what weight you expect anyone to give your opinion if you plan on just ignoring that.

I don't even personally feel that invested in whether we should play him or if he's good enough to succeed here. But you're just trolling.

macheda14

Very good, I can have my own opinion without being a WUM . See when or if Amad has been on the pitch for 10 games for more than 30 mins it may or may not change my mind but i aint holding my breath.
Did you watch any of his loan spell at Sunderland?

sglowrider

I got this clip from the Hannibal thread.

They barely played together like 2 games until that point and yet... looked like two kids out of La Masia

Northumberland Red

Supports
Sunderland
I’ve watched Sunderland for 60 years and can say in a that time he is one of the most exciting young talents I’ve seen -he can destroy teams on his own ( admittedly Championship level ) but we were promoted after 4 seasons in division one and he was one of the main reasons we nearly did back to back promotions and us reaching the Championship play offs -gem of a player -we will have him back in January ( please ?!) to continue to develop him for you.He’s adored here and given a run of games I have no doubt would be a huge asset to Man United moving forward.
Don’t doubt his quality please -42 games and the best player on the pitch in most

Reactions: Raoul

FerociousCorgis

really hope he comes back and is able to push on. Would be super exciting to see him, hannibal, mainoo, and gore all progress thru the season. With our cheap ass leech owners screwing the club over, would be good to have some youth options to fill spots in our lineups.

sglowrider

Surprised that amad would be available considering that he had his surgery a month ago. Will be be fit enough to play more than 20mins?

Is Reguilon down with some illness (as the staff were concerned his spreading it.) So COVID? It can't be the common flu!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Surprised that amad would be available considering that he had his surgery a month ago. Will be be fit enough to play more than 20mins?

Is Reguilon down with some illness (as the staff were concerned his spreading it.) So COVID? It can't be the common flu!
Think Reguilon had pulled something when he was subbed off. So it could be muscular injury only. He just happened to be ill that day.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can’t really find much on his progress.

There was a rumour he’d be available after the last set of internationals but no sign?

You’d think he must be close. Posted he was rehabbing after surgery a good 6 weeks ago now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd guess mid-to-late November at the earliest. The later it is the more annoying, because there's a strong chance he just goes on another January loan without actually playing here this season before leaving.

EDIT: Seen this But the caption sort of suggests maybe he's taking it slow...?

Last edited:

Mwooyo

Still no return date for him. Every time I watch Anthony, I die a little because I still believe he will end up as the Amad sub...winter is coming for Anthony, inpatiently waiting...

Bwuk

When he’s fit, he should be given the RW position and a run at it.

Antony aint it.